SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Why do the Sharks suck?

Mar. 18, 2020 at 7:23 p.m.
Pain.
(This is a copy and paste from my SJS post on 12/7/19)
The Sharks are an organization based in Northern California. If you know Northern California (I live here), Mediocrity doesn't cut it. But I'm alright with it. The Sharks are treading water in a pretty stuffed pacific division. I have a few factors on why.
1. DeBoer(Boughner) getting clapped tactically.
2.Martin Jones and Aaron Dell being vastly inconsistent.
3. We are still reeling from the departure of Joe Pavelski.
4. Playing down to inferior competition
5. Being Inconsistent as a team.
6. Playing Canadian Teams.
7. Injuries Galore.
8. The Hype from the All-Star game only to get absolutely pounded.
9. The COVID-19 Precautions. yep really now, no fans.
10. Bye Bye, Dillon, Marleau, and Goodrow!
11. Season stops
12. I realize Ottawa has our pick.
13. Shiiiiiiiiit.
14. Doug Wilson, Please don't hire A massive flop like Babcock or Boughner
Mar. 18, 2020 at 7:26 p.m.
Pain.
7. Injuries Galore.
The most significant are: Tomas Hertl (Season Ender, Torn ACL, MCL) Logan Couture(Ankle, 6 weeks) Dalton Prout (Every freaking week)
Also.
15. Not having a decent ****ing center.
There. I did it.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 3:58 p.m.
Go back to the source: The Karlsson trade and subsequent contract extension. Everything else you listed is merely a aftershock.
OldNYIfan and RagingSharksFan liked this.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 4:13 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
They should bounce back next season in the GM Game wink Sticking Out Tongue
RagingSharksFan liked this.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 11:25 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
Go back to the source: The Karlsson trade and subsequent contract extension. Everything else you listed is merely a aftershock.

Typo: an aftershock
Mar. 21, 2020 at 7:27 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Goaltending sucked at the beginning of the year, EK65 isn't healthy enough to play up to his contract so the team can't go get help elsewhere, Vlasic hasn't played up to his new contract, no depth in the bottom six. I still believe that on paper, this team should be at least in the playoff hunt. Next year will be huge to determine if this was a one-off or if it's time to take drastic steps.
Mar. 22, 2020 at 4:33 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Goaltending sucked at the beginning of the year, EK65 isn't healthy enough to play up to his contract so the team can't go get help elsewhere, Vlasic hasn't played up to his new contract, no depth in the bottom six. I still believe that on paper, this team should be at least in the playoff hunt. Next year will be huge to determine if this was a one-off or if it's time to take drastic steps.

I agree with everything that you said. They've suffered a lot of injuries, but that's what happens to old teams. I do think they'll bounce back into the playoff hunt if they can address their goaltending situation, however. But, they're probably destined for a Minnesota Wild-type rebuild over the next 3-4 seasons. I don't see a path forward to Cup contention with this roster.
OldNYIfan and RagingSharksFan liked this.
Mar. 22, 2020 at 4:13 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
@Brian2016 is right: undo that Erik Karlsson acquisition, and you'd probably be in good position to contend next season. After all, you finished in 29th place this year with him and imagine where you'd be with all of those draft picks (incl this year's first) plus Tierney, Balcers and De Melo.
Brian2016 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2020 at 12:40 a.m.
Pain.
I feel like my frustration stems from goaltending,injuries,and inept coaching. But, these are very valid points that all of you are making.
So here:
MY SHARKS WISHLIST
1.Fire Bob Boughner: Please. The Sharks look more physical but they aren't exactly tooled to last.
2.Goaltending. I know Martin Jones is bad but, we can't buy him out as he is in Year 1 of his new deal. Get a solid goaltender. Stop picking up project goal-tenders.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll