SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Based on needs and best available

Based on needs and best available

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Billy739
Published: Mar. 19, 2020 at 1:02 a.m.
Description
i'm making judgement calls on some because i will feel a players just better then those available even if that team has depth at that position.

i'm mostly focus on the Habs obviously but i'll try to be realistic as possible .

Also i used Draft Lottery option i didnt choose the option i just got lucky out the gate and am aware the odds of it happening in June are slim (so no need to beat a dead horse )
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes
  2. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens
  3. Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLos Angeles Kings
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
2Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-For many but mostly because he's an Impact Player and a Game Changer of which we have Very Few
3Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-To me it just makes sense for them to grab the star defensman given their Center depth vs D depth
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
6Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose Sharks
7Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
8Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Franchise/Elite level goalie and touted by many as the best Goalie available since Vasilevsky
10Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Like Caufield last year despite his success he's still a small forward who will need time to develop.Ottawa Senators though long and hard about taking him but decided to take the more complete less 1 dimensional wingers with size instead
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
12Logo of the Nashville Predators-
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-
14Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-
16Logo of the New York Rangers-
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
32Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
33Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
34Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
35Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
36Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
37Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the New Jersey Devils
38Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
39Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-best available
40Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Chicago Blackhawksbest available with biggest upside but years away. he's actually got similar playing style to Victor Mete but with higher offensive potential IMO
41Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Draft Pick Forfeited
42Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
43Logo of the Nashville Predators-
44Logo of the Florida Panthers-
45Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
46Logo of the Calgary Flames-
47Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the New York Rangers
48Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
49Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
50Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
51Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
52Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
53Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Dallas Stars
54Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
55Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
56Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
57Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
58Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
59Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
60Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
61Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the St. Louis BluesSolid QMJHL defensman who has potential at the NHL level because of his playmaking and vision . Hes small but like Romanov he plays big.That said its like 3-4 years to develop this young D
62Logo of the Boston Bruins-
Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:36 a.m.
honestly I think the top 3 looks pretty good, but I think Stutzle could be replaced with Byfield depending on the team, but I think Drysdale is definitely a good option at number 3 which many others dont agree with, but it fascinates me how there is such little consensus on where everyone could go that if Rossi fell to 10 I would be ecstatic as hell but wouldnt be surprised at the same time. Its so wide open after Lafreniere but I think everything here generally makes enough sense
aedoran and Billy739 liked this.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 11:15 a.m.
Evans truther
Stützle nobody will argue with you.
If Neighbours falls in our lap I want him but I think he'll be picked around Nolan Foote range. Same production in the WHL, power forwards and going in the dirty areas (Jake's smaller but is thick so no size concern).
You'd go with Andrae even with Bordeleau (PPG and the best forward in the USDP this year) and Tuch (Some says he's better than his brother) being still on the board?
As for Aebischer, the kid isn't even drafted in most rankings, I'm sure he'll get his name called in this year's draft but paying a late 2nd for him is out of the book of possibilities. Maybe a team will take a shot on him I'd say 4th round but a 2nd is too steep of a price for a 20yo (When season starts) who's on it's way to the NLA. You think he'll go that high up the board before draft day?

If I'm going for a long shot defenseman with our late 2nd rounder I'm all in for Topi Niemelä. He hasn't had a huge impact on the scoresheet but him playing in the Liiga at 17 is already very promising for this two way defenseman.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 11:51 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: SlickWilly
honestly I think the top 3 looks pretty good, but I think Stutzle could be replaced with Byfield depending on the team, but I think Drysdale is definitely a good option at number 3 which many others dont agree with, but it fascinates me how there is such little consensus on where everyone could go that if Rossi fell to 10 I would be ecstatic as hell but wouldnt be surprised at the same time. Its so wide open after Lafreniere but I think everything here generally makes enough sense

Rossi its his size that will cost him to take longer to get to the NHL over who is available before him.
he's no doubt got skill as did Caufield last year who fell and Forsberg in 2012 when he fell out of the top 10
its very rare a team takes a guy 5'9 or under with a top 10 pick unless its a 10 OA and there's not much left
SlickWilly liked this.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 12:07 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: ColonelX
Stützle nobody will argue with you.
If Neighbours falls in our lap I want him but I think he'll be picked around Nolan Foote range. Same production in the WHL, power forwards and going in the dirty areas (Jake's smaller but is thick so no size concern).
You'd go with Andrae even with Bordeleau (PPG and the best forward in the USDP this year) and Tuch (Some says he's better than his brother) being still on the board?
As for Aebischer, the kid isn't even drafted in most rankings, I'm sure he'll get his name called in this year's draft but paying a late 2nd for him is out of the book of possibilities. Maybe a team will take a shot on him I'd say 4th round but a 2nd is too steep of a price for a 20yo (When season starts) who's on it's way to the NLA. You think he'll go that high up the board before draft day?

If I'm going for a long shot defenseman with our late 2nd rounder I'm all in for Topi Niemelä. He hasn't had a huge impact on the scoresheet but him playing in the Liiga at 17 is already very promising for this two way defenseman.

USDP hasnt worked out for us as a rule when we draft their players
until Caufield , Primeau or anyone steps up to change that i'll lean towards European and Canadian systems .
(unless their talent is that much better then what left ofcourse)

You're probably right about Tuch but where he's developing combined with the fact he's middle 6 projected LW on a team filled with Middle 6 Left handed shots
it just seemed unwise with Gorniak ,Fonstad and Iknonen in the system already .

D on the other hand our depth could use more depth
Norlinder ,Romanov and Harris are all over performing
they will turn pro sooner then later and within the next 2 years will leave Struble as the lone defensive prospect of note .
So i chose a Right handed shot and a Left handed shot who i felt had this best odds at overachieving .

Andrae is in a good system and in a good position to become a quality depth option with a similar upside as Mete but with better Vision.

Aebisher has the confidence and smarts to make an impact . He came to QMJHL to play Junior after packed on some weight and adjusted quite well to small ice.

both have 2nd pair potential with PP ability
if we needed a LW it would only be an Undisputed #1 LW and that to me was Stutzle
i see the German as a Game Change and he's good good enough size and well enough play that he could jump to the NHL if we wanted.
(i dont think he should but we could more easily then we did with kotkanemi for sure)

Now had i taken Drydale at #2 instead of Stutzle i think i'd have drafted in the 2nd identical to what you're saying.
it was finding a balance between position need and best available that lead me to my decision
Mar. 19, 2020 at 1:53 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
If we end up with any player between Laffy, Byfield, Stutzle, Drysdale, Raymond, Perfetti or Rossi, I will be a proud habs fan

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll