Forums/Armchair-GM

next season flat cap

Created by: Jfstompers
Team: 2020-21 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 16, 2020
Published: Mar. 19, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
A bit of a log jam with the middle 6 wingers and stud pushing into the line up. Moving one to recoup some picks for this draft is an option.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,250,000
3$3,750,000
4$4,000,000
2$850,000
1$850,000
2$950,000
3$800,000
2$950,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$6,750,000
1$2,000,000
3$2,250,000
Trades
BOS
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (DAL)
  2. 2020 5th round pick (TBL)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$81,750,056$964,222$407,500-$250,056
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$769,167$769,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
UFA - 7
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 19, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
This needs to be the offseason where Sweeney gets a legit #2RW. So many young guys with so little spots.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 10:14 a.m.
Bcarlo25
I’d be happy if the bruins just got like a 4th for Ritchie.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 10:29 a.m.
Pop Pop
Quoting: ON3M4N
This needs to be the offseason where Sweeney gets a legit #2RW. So many young guys with so little spots.

Well maybe he takes grz and bjork and goes and gets someone. They dont exactly have cap space to sign anyone.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 11:16 a.m.
Quoting: Jfstompers
Well maybe he takes grz and bjork and goes and gets someone. They dont exactly have cap space to sign anyone.

I still think there is a deal that can be done with NJD for Palmieri. Bjork + Kase maybe?

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Palmieri
Ritchie/Frederic - Studnicka - Coyle
Mar. 19, 2020 at 12:11 p.m.
I still think there is a deal that can be done with NJD for Palmieri. Bjork + Kase maybe?

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Palmieri
Ritchie/Frederic - Studnicka - Coyle

i dont see y nj would trade palmieri in the offseason if they didnt move him at the tdl. They obvi want to keep him around. Only scenario that makes sense is moving him at next yrs tdl
Silkysmooth42 liked this.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: KennyBoi
i dont see y nj would trade palmieri in the offseason if they didnt move him at the tdl. They obvi want to keep him around. Only scenario that makes sense is moving him at next yrs tdl

They were ready to move him, rumors are they wanted a 1st rounder in the deal....obviously no one was willing to give that up and he's still with the Devils.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 1:50 p.m.
Banned

They were ready to move him, rumors are they wanted a 1st rounder in the deal....obviously no one was willing to give that up and he's still with the Devils.

Also yeah, the bruins arent giving up bjork and kase for Palmeri. They would rather see Bjork develop more into the top 6 forward he can be, and Kase play the top 6 game he can play healthy
Mar. 19, 2020 at 1:52 p.m.
Banned
This is good!
I would just say I think you may be giving chara a little too much, because he will probably take less to help the team at this point (knowing that the bruins will give him a roster spot.)
Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:10 p.m.
Quoting: bsilk18
Also yeah, the bruins arent giving up bjork and kase for Palmeri. They would rather see Bjork develop more into the top 6 forward he can be, and Kase play the top 6 game he can play healthy

I'm sure they would, but the problem is they're in win now mode. Bjork may or may not develop into the player we think he could be. Kase, if he can stay healthy could be a top 6 guy. The window for this current group is 1-2 more years. I'd rather sell off a few "could be" top 6 guys for a sure thing like Palmieri. Boston has enough talent in the system where they can afford to move a few guys and not really take a hit in their depth chart.

BTW as someone whose a big fan of Bjork, Cassidy seems to have an issue with him. The kid gets benched more than anyone on the team for the littlest thing. The last guy Cassidy did that with (Heinen) was traded.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:42 p.m.
Banned
I'm sure they would, but the problem is they're in win now mode. Bjork may or may not develop into the player we think he could be. Kase, if he can stay healthy could be a top 6 guy. The window for this current group is 1-2 more years. I'd rather sell off a few "could be" top 6 guys for a sure thing like Palmieri. Boston has enough talent in the system where they can afford to move a few guys and not really take a hit in their depth chart.

BTW as someone whose a big fan of Bjork, Cassidy seems to have an issue with him. The kid gets benched more than anyone on the team for the littlest thing. The last guy Cassidy did that with (Heinen) was traded.

Believe me, I agree man, and honestly they are in win now mode, but also they have a really underrated prospect pool and future too.

Im not saynig they are the Sens or Detriot, but think about it:
Pasta is young. Coyle is just entering his prime, Marchy is in his prime, Studnicka is gonna be great. Mcavoy and Carlo are reallllly young. Keyser is coming up the system and is very good, Urho is gonna be good, Debrusk is still young (and hopefully developing still), Senyshyn and Zboril are starting to not look great, but in senyshyns few NHL games he looked good, They have beecher and frederick and lauko and steen who are gonna be all middle 6 guys. and then you got Bjork and Kase and Ritchie, the three guys we are talking about here. All top 6 potential, and still young.

Idk man. Win now is important, but they arent the lightning, they arent the kings a few years ago with all old dudes, they arent the sharks last year who were really old and just had a firesale because it was the end for them

Bruins can lose Bergy and Krejci soon, and Chara deserves his spot now, but we wont miss him when he retires. Id say in two-three years, bruins could be just as good as this year, just very mixed up.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
Believe me, I agree man, and honestly they are in win now mode, but also they have a really underrated prospect pool and future too.

Im not saynig they are the Sens or Detriot, but think about it:
Pasta is young. Coyle is just entering his prime, Marchy is in his prime, Studnicka is gonna be great. Mcavoy and Carlo are reallllly young. Keyser is coming up the system and is very good, Urho is gonna be good, Debrusk is still young (and hopefully developing still), Senyshyn and Zboril are starting to not look great, but in senyshyns few NHL games he looked good, They have beecher and frederick and lauko and steen who are gonna be all middle 6 guys. and then you got Bjork and Kase and Ritchie, the three guys we are talking about here. All top 6 potential, and still young.

Idk man. Win now is important, but they arent the lightning, they arent the kings a few years ago with all old dudes, they arent the sharks last year who were really old and just had a firesale because it was the end for them

Bruins can lose Bergy and Krejci soon, and Chara deserves his spot now, but we wont miss him when he retires. Id say in two-three years, bruins could be just as good as this year, just very mixed up.

So lets say Bergy's contract is up and he calls it a career after 21-22 season. I'm going to throw a line-up together without Bjork, Kase, Ritchie. Maybe some of these guys don't reach that potential, but some will underacheive while others overachie.

Marchand - Coyle - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Studnicka - Senyshyn
Frederic - Beecher - Steen
Lauko - Hall - Wagner

^Again we can afford to move some guys to acquire a legit Top 6 RW.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 9:28 a.m.
Banned
So lets say Bergy's contract is up and he calls it a career after 21-22 season. I'm going to throw a line-up together without Bjork, Kase, Ritchie. Maybe some of these guys don't reach that potential, but some will underacheive while others overachie.

Marchand - Coyle - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Studnicka - Senyshyn
Frederic - Beecher - Steen
Lauko - Hall - Wagner

^Again we can afford to move some guys to acquire a legit Top 6 RW.

I disagree:

Bjork can 10000% be ready for a top 6 role soon, so cant take him out, so is Kase but im fine with withholding him and Ritchie for this.
This is what I would be doing. Argueably what they really need is another good center prospect or someone that can be a solid full time 1C. In three years, that is a really good third line, a good second line, a good 4th line, and Marchy and Pasta need someone to center them.

Marchand - 1C - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Studnicka - Bjork
Lauko - Coyle - Senyshyn
Wagner - Frederic - Steen
Beecher, Blidh, Hall

Then i just wanted to add the defense for the sake of showing that we dont need defense.
Urho - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Griz - Lauzon
Clifton

In saying that, this would leave Kase, Zboril, Ritchie, John Moore, JFK, and Kuhlman all ready to be traded for anything. (Now i dont think you could give up a huge bundle for a good center or center prospect, but maybe work your way there: Kase and Zboril to someone for a 1st, John Moore and Ritchie somewhere for a 2nd, JFK and Kuhlman for a 1st, Now you have two 1sts and a 2nd to give up for something better).
Mar. 20, 2020 at 9:59 a.m.
I disagree:

Bjork can 10000% be ready for a top 6 role soon, so cant take him out, so is Kase but im fine with withholding him and Ritchie for this.

I maybe one of the bigger Bjork fans and I've said he's the B's most talented u25 winger not named Pastrnak. With that, if you told me that trading him for a guy like Palmieri would bring a cup to Boston, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Love the kids game, but we're loaded with middle six guys.

Quote:
This is what I would be doing. Argueably what they really need is another good center prospect or someone that can be a solid full time 1C. In three years, that is a really good third line, a good second line, a good 4th line, and Marchy and Pasta need someone to center them.

Marchand - 1C - Pastrnak
Lauko - Coyle - Senyshyn
Beecher, Blidh, Hall

Then i just wanted to add the defense for the sake of showing that we dont need defense.
Urho - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Griz - Lauzon
Clifton

Two names I'm keeping an eye on in regards to #1C are going to be UFA's when Bergeron is. Those two are Barkov and Zibby.

Quote:
In saying that, this would leave Kase, Zboril, Ritchie, John Moore, JFK, and Kuhlman all ready to be traded for anything. (Now i dont think you could give up a huge bundle for a good center or center prospect, but maybe work your way there: Kase and Zboril to someone for a 1st, John Moore and Ritchie somewhere for a 2nd, JFK and Kuhlman for a 1st, Now you have two 1sts and a 2nd to give up for something better).

Kase + Zboril would have to be a late 1st unless Kase stays healthy and becomes at top 6 guy...but at that point why trade him

JFK + Khulman probably doesn't net you a 1st. JFK is a 2nd rounder that hasn't shown much in the NHL (really disappointing for me TBH) and currently in Sweden. He says he'll return, but things can change. Khulman is a nice bottom 6 spark plug, but not much more than that.

Moore + Ritchie I guess could fetch you a 2nd rounder, but I'm not big on either guy TBH.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 10:19 a.m.
Banned
I maybe one of the bigger Bjork fans and I've said he's the B's most talented u25 winger not named Pastrnak. With that, if you told me that trading him for a guy like Palmieri would bring a cup to Boston, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Love the kids game, but we're loaded with middle six guys.

Quote:

Marchand - 1C - Pastrnak
Lauko - Coyle - Senyshyn
Beecher, Blidh, Hall

Urho - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Griz - Lauzon
Clifton

Two names I'm keeping an eye on in regards to #1C are going to be UFA's when Bergeron is. Those two are Barkov and Zibby.

Quote:

Kase + Zboril would have to be a late 1st unless Kase stays healthy and becomes at top 6 guy...but at that point why trade him

JFK + Khulman probably doesn't net you a 1st. JFK is a 2nd rounder that hasn't shown much in the NHL (really disappointing for me TBH) and currently in Sweden. He says he'll return, but things can change. Khulman is a nice bottom 6 spark plug, but not much more than that.

Moore + Ritchie I guess could fetch you a 2nd rounder, but I'm not big on either guy TBH.

I agree man, check out my new post, idk I realize its hard to look two years out. But it may help
Mar. 20, 2020 at 11:22 a.m.

that doesnt make sense. Y would a team not want to part with their 1st, especially for a guy who is a consistent 30 goal scorer and has 1 more yr on his deal. I think the issue was NJ was looking for the same deal that MIN got for zucker. That price is obvi too high for palms
Mar. 20, 2020 at 11:35 a.m.
that doesnt make sense. Y would a team not want to part with their 1st, especially for a guy who is a consistent 30 goal scorer and has 1 more yr on his deal. I think the issue was NJ was looking for the same deal that MIN got for zucker. That price is obvi too high for palms

Because (again based on rumors) on top of the 1st rounder they wanted a young top 6 roster player. From what I've heard, Boston offered a 1st (later traded for Kase), but the player the offered was more like a young top 9 player.
Mar. 21, 2020 at 12:51 p.m.
Because (again based on rumors) on top of the 1st rounder they wanted a young top 6 roster player. From what I've heard, Boston offered a 1st (later traded for Kase), but the player the offered was more like a young top 9 player.

ok makes sense. Ya that would be an overpayment for palms. I wonder if BOS offered a 1st, heinen and seny NJ accepts.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll