Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Suzuki_Cup
Published: Mar. 19, 2020 at 10:03 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks
  2. Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils
  3. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Nobody can pass on Alexis Lafrenière! He's been the first since last year, and while he's not playing, he's not supposed to go down!
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Didn't heard a lot about him, but he's supposed to be pretty good. A big sized #1 center (6'4 ; 214) would be attractive for any team.
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksOttawa will be able to add two picks in their incredible pool prospect. They don't have really any weaknesses, so it's hard to predict where they will go. For me, Ottawa will use their firs pick to select Drysdale. He will form a heck of a pair with Chabot for several years. They don't need a #1 left winger since they already have Tkachuk. On the right side, they have Colin White, which is a great young player. I guess they could also select Raymond with this pick.
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-To play with either Rasmussen or Larkin on the sime line than Zadina, a prospect like Stutzle, who shoots right, would be incredible. He's classed by many as a top 3 player, so Detroit can't pass on him.
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-As I said before, Ottawa is great all around when it comes to prospects. Except one position : goaltending. I highly doubt that Gustavsson will be a #1 goalie in the league. That's why I think Ottawa will select Askarov. He's the best goalie since Price, and whoever will pick him will be okay in net for 15-20 years. He was playing in the KHL last year, so he may be closer to the NHL than we think. If Ottawa doesn't draft him at 5, they may take Raymond or trade down to try to select Askarov. This goalie will, in my opinion, cause a great surprise in the draft, and will surely be taken top10. Last year we had Seider, this year it will be Askarov.
6Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-After Montreal, LA may have the best prospect pool in the league (Kupari, Turcotte, Thomas, Vilardi, Lizotte...) That's why LA will select a winger, to support all these wingers. The best available choice is Raymond. He's a great all-around winger, who can play either on the p-k or the p-p.
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo is in the same position than LA. They don't need centermans (Eichel, Cozens, Reinhart, Mittlestadt...) So unless they trade Eichel (there were some rumors lately) they won't select a centerman. Their defense is ok and pretty young, so I think they will pick a winger. Holtz is probably, as Caufield last year, the best sniper available in the whole draft, and he can play as well on both wings. With Eichel, he would be impressive. Has an ok physical side (6'0 ; 183).
8Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-As a Habs fan, I am in front of an incredibly hard choice. I can take a center, which we don't really need (Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Danault...), but for this draft, I want to focus on position based picks. So I would go for Jake Sanderson, the second best available defenseman, which is a left shot defenseman, something Montreal really needs since they traded Sergachev. Too, when is the last draft that only one dman was selected in the top 10? It surely won't happen this year, even if the draft is packed offensively. Sanderson will, imo, easily enter the top 10, and Montreal would be more than happy to select him. He's got a good physical side (6'1 ; 185), to play with Weber or Petry.
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago will continue their rebuild by selecting a winger, to second Dach, in order to slowly take off job over Toews' shoulders. According to me, their choice will stop on Perfetti or Lundell. It depends if they want a more offensive center (Perfetti) or a more all-around centerman, like Toews (Lundell). I'm not aware enough of their needs to decide, but Hawks fans would be able to tell. For this draft, I will select Perfetti.
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesNJ has gotten pretty lucky in the last few years, drafting twice centermans in #1. That's why they are stacked at this position. On the wing, they are not pretty strong, so that's why it will be hard to pass on Holloway, which is a player who can play on every offensive spot. This year, he was one of the youngest of his team, which was in a difficult league (a team of Caufield, Turcotte, K'andre Miller...) finished 9/10. He only made 17pts in 35games, but in another team, he would have been better...
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-If there is one place where the Wild is weak, it's at center. Their whole team is getting older, and they are starting a rebuild. Drafting Lundell would be great for them, because it would be a great successor for Mikko Koivu, which plays a similar style. Though, imo, Lundell is better than Koivu.
12Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville will most likely pick a winger, and the best choice for them is Noel Gunler. A big sized RW (6'2 ; 174) to play in the physical hockey of the west. He will fit well with Tomasino or Trenin on a line with Tolvanen.
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-Finally Rossi getting picked. It's hard to say, but as Caufield last year, Rossi may wait a long time before getting his name called, only because of his size. Most people classed Caufield between 5-10 last year, even some had him at 3, but his size made him drop a lot. Maybe that the center position is not their biggest need, but I didn't know where to put Rossi. One team will take a chance with him somewhere in the draft, but imo, it will be later than sooner. I also think he will go in the eastern conference, because western teams tend to like bigger players, so with his 5'9, he will get puched a lot.
14Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-
16Logo of the New York Rangers-
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersIt will be fun to see where this guy will end up. He's a pretty good center, but has been unlucky the past few years because of injuries. He is certainly better than some of the players who got drafted before him. I think Ottawa, who has 3 picks in the first round, may take a chance with him, and if it turns well, which we hope, it couldbe a pretty good steal.
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
Mar. 19, 2020 at 3:52 p.m.
habs_fan
rossi is most certainly gonna go top 10 and habs should grab perfetti
Mar. 19, 2020 at 5:22 p.m.
I have nothing agains Perfetti, which is a great player. Though, the Habs really don't need him. Sanderson fills an immediate need for them, and will most likely be available at their rank. It's surely a hidden card, but I guess drafting Perfetti wouldn't be completely wrong, if he can play on the wing.
Rossi, according to me, deserves to be in the top 10, maybe even the top 5. But according to how teams treat the small players in the draft (DeBrincat, Caufield...) I will be surprised if he goes out before 10. The only way it could happen is if the Habs take him, since they aren't afraid of the small guys.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll