Forums/Armchair-GM

Mantha reduced Cap

Created by: earl08
Team: 2020-21 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 19, 2020
Published: Mar. 19, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Avs have to give up their prize forward prospect, but it's ok: still have C-Bowers, W-Kaut, D-Timmins to rotate in that season as injuries inevitably happen again. Avs also retain 1st Rd Pick to upgrade at the TDL
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$5,000,000
2$1,750,000
2$2,250,000
2$1,500,000
4$6,000,000
1$700,000
Trades
COL
  1. Mantha, Anthony [RFA Rights]
DET
    Nikita Zadorov RFA Rights
    Alex Newhook
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the COL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$79,500,000$77,172,262$0$5,000,000$2,327,738
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
    $5,571,429$5,571,429
    LW, C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $6,300,000$6,300,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $9,250,000$9,250,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 5
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 4
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,800,000$1,800,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,850,000$2,850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $700,000$700,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 7
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    $3,333,333$3,333,333
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 3
    $3,450,000$3,450,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $742,500$742,500
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
    Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
    Yup pretty much proving our points in the matter.

Jost didnt have anything close to the season that Newhook had, so I have no clue what his reason was to include him....There is reason why there is some serious buzz around Newhook and his NCAA season. Its impressive when you compare it to the recent talent who had that level of season. doesnt mean it translates 1 for 1 but its a heck of a good sign that Avs have a solid talent on their hands. Side note the Johnny gaudreau comp has been made quite a few times to newhook before and for him to have a similar U19 season...makes you go. hmm
    https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/status/1233962787459694592?s=20

"Alex Newhook (COL) reached the 40-point plateau with a goal in BC's 4-1 win over BU. He is one of 12 U19 players to hit 40 in the last 10 NCAA seasons. All but two of those players became everyday NHLers, almost all are impact players. "

ER_qbOYXsAABYs-?format=jpg&name=small
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:23 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: coga16
    and very much could be Cole Caufield next, if guys are taking shots at newhook with this NCAA nonsense, then Caufield isnt exempt from it either

You can put the entire 2019 draft if you want! As for now they are all just prospect since non of them have proven nothing yet. They are call prospect for a reason, because they haven’t achieved anything yet but have potential to be something good. There is no guarantee however that a players will turn out good or bad only time can tell and production outside of the Nhl isn’t a reflection of the success they will have or the short career of some other highly ranked prospect.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: earl08
    You're right, it was Feaster. But you are wrong on the stats, Newhook has doubled his production since winter break. Each wrong in one regard

Didn’t realize that he had such a bad start this year but when i started looking at him he was on 5 games point streak before Christmas. My bad
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:56 p.m.
    and very much could be Cole Caufield next, if guys are taking shots at newhook with this NCAA nonsense, then Caufield isnt exempt from it either

Caufield? What does Cole Caufield have to do with this post? He hasn't make the NHL yet. Are you just trying to get back at Habs fans (I assume this because I have said that Im a Habs fans and this is not the first time we discussed in AGM post rel to either Avs/Habs)? Chill out. This isn't even related to the Habs post. Even if someone said that Newhook is Daigle of NCAA, it is not the end of the world.

I just backed @DiehardRedWingsFan58 's statement regarding NCAA players who hasn't transitioned well in the NHL by naming some players that came into my mind right away (Jost and Vesey). The comment made by DiehardRedWingsFan58 (in which I replied) wasn't even related to the unsigned top prospect NCAA (Newhook, Caufield, Zegras, Boldy, etc.). I might as well add Poehling, Mittelstadt, Adam Gaudette, Colin White to make you less touchy.

Oh and FYI, I wouldn't say Jost didn't have a rookie NCAA season close to Newhook's. Yes he didn't have a 40 pts season like Newhook but he still had an 1PPG season. (35 Pts in 33 GP if Im corrected vs Newhook's 42pts in 34 GP)
    Pharow liked this.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
    hes using them as bombing examples

Like I said in a previous reply, I could've put Colin White, Poehling or Gaudette. I bet you wouldn't have reacted that way if I used Colin White instead of Tyson Jost.
    My examples weren't backing up those who think Newhook or any unsigned NCAA prospect will (not) do well in the NHL but the NCAA who hasn't transitioned well in the NHL.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 3:06 p.m.
    Quoting: EzioUchiha
    Caufield? What does Cole Caufield have to do with this post? He hasn't make the NHL yet. Are you just trying to get back at Habs fans (I assume this because I have said that Im a Habs fans and this is not the first time we discussed in AGM post rel to either Avs/Habs)? Chill out. This isn't even related to the Habs post. Even if someone said that Newhook is Daigle of NCAA, it is not the end of the world.

I just backed @DiehardRedWingsFan58 's statement regarding NCAA players who hasn't transitioned well in the NHL by naming some players that came into my mind right away (Jost and Vesey). The comment made by DiehardRedWingsFan58 (in which I replied) wasn't even related to the unsigned top prospect NCAA (Newhook, Caufield, Zegras, Boldy, etc.). I might as well add Poehling, Mittelstadt, Adam Gaudette, Colin White to make you less touchy.

Oh and FYI, I wouldn't say Jost didn't have a rookie NCAA season close to Newhook's. Yes he didn't have a 40 pts season like Newhook but he still had an 1PPG season. (35 Pts in 33 GP if Im corrected vs Newhook's 42pts in 34 GP)

Its the slander of Newhook, bc that troll Sebby and his Montrealness. Just a general statement. If people are discrediting newhook then guys like Caufield get the same treatment. Other fan bases cant have their cake and eat it too. Not directed at you, more a general comment like I said so sorry for the confusion if it seemed like I was going after you

IF you want to talk about chilling out, its Sebb being a troll once again. He enters a thread, hes brining Montreal homerism with him
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 3:12 p.m.
    the_trade_boi437
    Quoting: Sebybbq
    Jay feaster is the one who deposed the offer sheet for o’reilly. Maybe your the one who should be fired. That comment was unfounded and stupid.

do you like nickelback?
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
    Its the slander of Newhook, bc that troll Sebby and his Montrealness. Just a general statement. If people are discrediting newhook then guys like Caufield get the same treatment. Other fan bases cant have their cake and eat it too

IF you want to talk about chilling out, its Sebb being a troll once again. He enters a thread, hes brining Montreal homerism with him

Well I guess you got the wrong person lol. I'm not Sebb. Like I said I just supported the Red Wings fan's comment about NCAA player who hasn't lived up their hype in the NHL. Anyway, making retaliating comments to delusional Habs fans makes you no better than them. Besides, based on all this post, Seby hasn't even bring up anything related to the Habs or Caufield.
    Pharow liked this.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 3:15 p.m.
    Quoting: EzioUchiha
    Well I guess you got the wrong person lol. I'm not Sebb. Like I said I just supported the Red Wings fan's comment about NCAA player who hasn't lived up their hype in the NHL. Anyway, making retaliating comments to delusional Habs fans makes you no better than them. Besides, based on all this post, Seby hasn't even bring up anything related to the Habs or Caufield.

he hasn't, but he has in the past and hes exclusively here to troll the Avs. Thats what he likes to do the most, then cries wolf when he gets called out.
    The guy has been banned and made more alts on this site than anyone else and still is trying to act innocent.

Why is he fighting about Newhook with little to no information on him, especially up to date. Guy is just a troll, and as a Montreal fan, he brings down the fan base on this site.
    JeffW liked this.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
    Quoting: Avs_fan437
    lol, this is funny so, you think that im an avs fan that im baised, well hate to brake it to you but maybe you are biased, newhook is 19 years of age same with turcotte. turcotte was taken 5th there for he has higher expectations, newhook was 16th before switching to ncaa he was in bchl for his second year he was named captin and had 102 points in 52 games, turcotte in the usdp with 62 points in 37 games, newhook being a first line freshmen on a senior team is kinda hard when turcotte among other freshmens and sophmores made it to first line easy. newhook has 42 points in 34 games not playing easy teams. turrcotte 26 points in 29 games both are good with turcotte signing his first year in ncaa, newhook had to earn were he is, and is the top goal scorer on that team is that enough evidence?

@JeffW whats your take on this

Hey so my thoughts are it's a good trade.. Det is rebuilding so mantha staying in detroit probably doesnt appeal to them as much as an nhl ready prospect.

Detroit gets a 19 year old player that could end up being a top 6 player and a defenseman that has all the tools; size, shot, offensive ability. They take a chance and lose mantha but gain a kronwall type player.. zads may be a 5th dman in colorado but he'd be a top 4 dman in detroit. I think hes underrated, play him against the top line of another team for 1 period in the playoffs and it could totally effect the series (ie matthew thachuk last year) newhook is a wait and see but is rated a top prospect not currently playing for his nhl club.

Colorado loses zadorov who they most likely lose to seattle anyway and gain a player they need to compete now, mantha has size and skill which is hard to find...but if they didnt trade for mantha I wouldnt care, newhook and kaut are looking good and they'll compete for a spot next year and are much cheaper for now
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 4:13 p.m.
    Banned
    he hasn't, but he has in the past and hes exclusively here to troll the Avs. Thats what he likes to do the most, then cries wolf when he gets called out.
    The guy has been banned and made more alts on this site than anyone else and still is trying to act innocent.

Why is he fighting about Newhook with little to no information on him, especially up to date. Guy is just a troll, and as a Montreal fan, he brings down the fan base on this site.

Ahaha it’s so funny how you try so hard to make me look like i am the bad person here. You are the only troll out there. It funny how everyone that engaged a talk with you are all troll. Maybe you should do a introspection of yourself. If everyone around you have a problem maybe you are the problem.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 4:14 p.m.
    Banned
    do you like nickelback?

your mom said
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 4:20 p.m.
    Ahaha it’s so funny how you try so hard to make me look like i am the bad person here. You are the only troll out there. It funny how everyone that engaged a talk with you are all troll. Maybe you should do a introspection of yourself. If everyone around you have a problem maybe you are the problem.

this coming from the guy who just posted a troll roster, then gets it pulled down.
    Now go write some insults at people in French, get warned, and get another soft ban again

you offer no value to hockey conversations on this site, all you do try to troll selected targets and barely if at all talk about the actual team you claim you cheer for
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 4:27 p.m.
    Banned
    this coming from the guy who just posted a troll roster, then gets it pulled down.
    Now go write some insults at people in French, get warned, and get another soft ban again

you offer no value to hockey conversations on this site, all you do try to troll selected targets and barely if at all talk about the actual team you claim you cheer for

Talking of value last time i check you weren’t the reference around here. In fact people have shown support and seem to found your behavior kind of funny. Your are the one that constantly attack people But its all the other user around that are troll. When other user start noticed about a certain behavior of yourself you might wanna introspect yourself.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 4:28 p.m.
    @Sebybbq @coga16

I strongly urge you guys to start using the "ignore function".
    earl08, Ajp_18 and EzioUchiha liked this.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 4:32 p.m.
    Quoting: F50marco
    @Sebybbq @coga16

I strongly urge you guys to start using the "ignore function".

We was ignored until today, but saw him going after me again, hes back to being ignored.
    How many times will he be allowed to post troll rosters
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 4:41 p.m.
    Banned
    We was ignored until today, but saw him going after me again, hes back to being ignored.
    How many times will he be allowed to post troll rosters

Maybe you didn’t noticed it but you are the only one here who is going after someone’s. I was having a exchange with one of your fellow comrades and you didnt like it then you started this whole situation. Why i have conversations with many users and having no problem with them until this situation happen.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 6:59 p.m.
    @Wqrrior lmao this is pretty funny. Also I can see why they hate each other.

@coga16 you are right. He is a troll and he’s pretty dumb about it too.
    Wqrrior liked this.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 7:02 p.m.
    Quoting: Ajp_18

has strong opinions when he doesnt follow up to date info.
    I like the Button prospect ranking as its the gospel. I mean we could just toss out, I think it was Chris Peters, list in March where he had Newhook in the Top 10 of all NHL drafted prospects
    Wqrrior liked this.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
    Quoting: Ajp_18

He wasn't even told to tag the guy either... where did that come from.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 8:29 p.m.
    Quoting: Wqrrior
    He wasn't even told to tag the guy either... where did that come from.

has strong opinions when he doesnt follow up to date info.
    I like the Button prospect ranking as its the gospel. I mean we could just toss out, I think it was Chris Peters, list in March where he had Newhook in the Top 10 of all NHL drafted prospects

His post got taken down again.
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 8:36 p.m.
    the_trade_boi437
    your mom said

i asked you a simple yes or no question do you have to try to make it into a roast to look cool im going to ask you again

do you like nickel back?
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 8:40 p.m.
    Banned
    i asked you a simple yes or no question do you have to try to make it into a roast to look cool im going to ask you again

do you like nickel back?

The music band ?
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 8:41 p.m.
    the_trade_boi437
    The music band ?

yes
    Mar. 19, 2020 at 8:49 p.m.
    Banned
    yes

No i don’t