SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Rangers

2020 Offseason Thoughts

Mar. 19, 2020 at 1:18 p.m.
Wanted to get a thread going since were all in quarantine and all dying from no hockey, topics include:

2020 Draft - What prospects do you like? Possible moves at the draft? Do you think we should go with two forwards? Two D? A blend?
2020 Free Agency - What players do you think we should sign? RFA decisions ? Hank buyout?
2020 - Captaincy, do we give Zibby the C?

Any and all topics are welcomed!!!!
Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:10 p.m.
Breadman likes Bread
I would like to respond to each of your topics. I’ve been watching Rangers hockey all my life and I can tell you that this is the most excited I’ve ever been.

2020 Draft: In my opinion, I believe we try to trade up for a top 10 pick (trade our two picks assuming we have #13 and Carolina has #23) and maybe Lias Andersson and draft Anton Lundell. He’s from Finland and a Center (see where I’m going with this), he would be the perfect guy to play with Kakko and I think playing with someone from his own country would do wonders for him. (Yes I know this is a pipe dream)

2020 Free Agency: To be completely honest, I don’t think we will do much. All we should do is sign our own guys (Fast, Di Guiseppe, McKegg) and that’s it.

2020 RFA decisions: Sign DeAngelo 5.5x5 with a M-NTC (usually a good selling point). For Strome give him 5.3x3 a sort of prove it deal. Lemieux 1.4x3 because the guy is a beast and is a type of 3rd to 4th line guy that every team needs. And for Georgiev, I’d say maybe 2.5x2

Lundqvist: here’s what I’d do as Jeff Gorton. “Hey Hank, let’s cut right to the chase, you aren’t anywhere as good as you used to be, but that’s ok, it’s age. You’ve given it your all these past 15 years, so right now, I’d like to ask you something. We have two options, we can buy you out and you can work for the Organization in management, or you can get traded to wherever you’d like. Nobody of your talent should retire without a cup.”

Buyouts/Burying contracts: Buyout Staal (even though he’s been decent) and send Smith down to Hartford.

Captaincy: here’s how I would run it,

Assistant: Chris Kreider
Assistant: Mika Zibanejad
Assistant: Jesper Fast
Assistant: Artemi Panarin

Sorry if there are any grammatical errors I’m extremely tired.
NYR_Mike liked this.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:26 p.m.
Quoting: KingLundqvist30
I would like to respond to each of your topics. I’ve been watching Rangers hockey all my life and I can tell you that this is the most excited I’ve ever been.

2020 Draft: In my opinion, I believe we try to trade up for a top 10 pick (trade our two picks assuming we have #13 and Carolina has #23) and maybe Lias Andersson and draft Anton Lundell. He’s from Finland and a Center (see where I’m going with this), he would be the perfect guy to play with Kakko and I think playing with someone from his own country would do wonders for him. (Yes I know this is a pipe dream)

2020 Free Agency: To be completely honest, I don’t think we will do much. All we should do is sign our own guys (Fast, Di Guiseppe, McKegg) and that’s it.

2020 RFA decisions: Sign DeAngelo 5.5x5 with a M-NTC (usually a good selling point). For Strome give him 5.3x3 a sort of prove it deal. Lemieux 1.4x3 because the guy is a beast and is a type of 3rd to 4th line guy that every team needs. And for Georgiev, I’d say maybe 2.5x2

Lundqvist: here’s what I’d do as Jeff Gorton. “Hey Hank, let’s cut right to the chase, you aren’t anywhere as good as you used to be, but that’s ok, it’s age. You’ve given it your all these past 15 years, so right now, I’d like to ask you something. We have two options, we can buy you out and you can work for the Organization in management, or you can get traded to wherever you’d like. Nobody of your talent should retire without a cup.”

Buyouts/Burying contracts: Buyout Staal (even though he’s been decent) and send Smith down to Hartford.

Captaincy: here’s how I would run it,

Assistant: Chris Kreider
Assistant: Mika Zibanejad
Assistant: Jesper Fast
Assistant: Artemi Panarin

Sorry if there are any grammatical errors I’m extremely tired.

Woah! love the responses here man!

2020 Draft: Really love Lundell but I am going to play devil's advocate just for conversation's sake and mention three guys that might be around if we are at 13 & 23 as you eluded to in your original message. i like Rodion Amirov from Russia he will probably be around between 13 - 23 ( https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/518585/rodion-amirov ) and Jacob Perrault ( https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/418243/jacob-perreault) and Seth Jarvis ( https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201952/seth-jarvis ) .... Feel like we will take two forwards if we do take the two picks

2020 Free Agency: We are in alignment on that one, do not see them doing much. For conversation sake and we are all losing our minds without hockey I will just throw out there that maybe they do an Offer sheet(cirelli or Serg) if they are able to clear up some cap sapce whether its a buyout, trade, etc..

Really feel we should keep Tony D, i am on the fence with Strome and would love to see someone like Chytil get an opportunity with another year under his belt. Good with the Lemieux deal, need a guy like that on our team.

Hank: I think that is what happens and i think the decision is ultimately up to him.

Captaincy:

Captain: Zib
A: Kreider
A: Fast
A: Panarin
KingLundqvist30 liked this.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:43 p.m.
Breadman likes Bread
Quoting: NYR_Mike

2020 Draft: Really love Lundell but I am going to play devil's advocate just for conversation's sake and mention three guys that might be around if we are at 13 & 23 as you eluded to in your original message. i like Rodion Amirov from Russia he will probably be around between 13 - 23 ( https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/518585/rodion-amirov ) and Jacob Perrault ( https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/418243/jacob-perreault) and Seth Jarvis ( https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201952/seth-jarvis ) .... Feel like we will take two forwards if we do take the two picks

2020 Free Agency: We are in alignment on that one, do not see them doing much. For conversation sake and we are all losing our minds without hockey I will just throw out there that maybe they do an Offer sheet(cirelli or Serg) if they are able to clear up some cap sapce whether its a buyout, trade, etc..

Really feel we should keep Tony D, i am on the fence with Strome and would love to see someone like Chytil get an opportunity with another year under his belt. Good with the Lemieux deal, need a guy like that on our team.

Hank: I think that is what happens and i think the decision is ultimately up to him.

Captaincy:

Love what you have in mind, however, I just don’t think we are ready to name a captain yet. However, if it were to come down to it, it’s between Chris and Mika. If Mika agrees to a long term extension, then it’s him, if not, then it’s Kreider
Mar. 19, 2020 at 2:44 p.m.
Breadman likes Bread

Captaincy:

Also forgot to mention, I would love a guy like Antonio Stranges as his skating in my opinion is some of the best I’ve ever seen. He would mesh well with a guy like Panarin or Zibanejad
Mar. 19, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
Also forgot to mention, I would love a guy like Antonio Stranges as his skating in my opinion is some of the best I’ve ever seen. He would mesh well with a guy like Panarin or Zibanejad

I really have no qualms about taking a guy that is from London, those guys usually end up doing okay. Point production seems to be a bit low but can't argue with you about his skating, some of these clips i have watched are insane!

I think we take two forwards at the draft or 1 if we do decide to trade up.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 4:09 p.m.
Breadman likes Bread
I really have no qualms about taking a guy that is from London, those guys usually end up doing okay. Point production seems to be a bit low but can't argue with you about his skating, some of these clips i have watched are insane!

I think we take two forwards at the draft or 1 if we do decide to trade up.

Another guy I wouldn’t mind getting is Ryan O’Rourke I know he’s a defensemen but I love his game. Reminds me of a Ryan Lindgren/Dan Girardi type.
NYR_Mike liked this.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Another guy I wouldn’t mind getting is Ryan O’Rourke I know he’s a defensemen but I love his game. Reminds me of a Ryan Lindgren/Dan Girardi type.

I think i would rank our needs from a position rankings, i would rank them as followed:

1. Centers
2. Wingers
3. LHD
4.Goalies.
5. RHD

I think o'rourke would make sense, after Miller/Robertson, we do not have a ton of LHD.
Mar. 19, 2020 at 4:46 p.m.
Breadman likes Bread
I think i would rank our needs from a position rankings, i would rank them as followed:

1. Centers
2. Wingers
3. LHD
4.Goalies.
5. RHD

I think o'rourke would make sense, after Miller/Robertson, we do not have a ton of LHD.

I’m excited for the future of this team. We are going to be a contender real soon
Mar. 20, 2020 at 9:22 a.m.
I’m excited for the future of this team. We are going to be a contender real soon

Me too! Also, it could just be me but i am having a panic attack that Barron hasn't signed yet.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll