Draft Class: 2020
Created By: TanSor
Published: Mar. 20, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings
  2. Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLos Angeles Kings
  3. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Detroit wins their franchise winger.
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-If LA wins the 2nd pick, I think Stutzle makes a little more sense given their strong center prospects as Stutzle could play wing or center in the NHL while Byfield projects more as a pure center.
3Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa gets their franchise center.
4Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksHuge Perfetti fan. Could play center or wing for Ottawa. I could see Drysdale or Rossi here as well.
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim has done a great job with their forwards, I loved Zegras last year and couldn't believe he fell to 9 and it looks like Anaheim will reap the benefits for years. I could see a goal scorer like Holtz or Perfetti here as well for Zegras to set up.
6Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Goal scoring winger for Hughes in the future.
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo gets a supremely talented center to anchor the top 6 with Eichel
8Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal has Caufield, but Raymond is too talented to pass up here. I think he could fall since he hasn't been the most impressive in the SHL (to be fair it's a very hard league for young players).
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Maybe a tad off the board, but Chicago has a few talented young forwards with Dach and Strome and after moving Gustafsson I think a reliable LD like Sanderson makes a lot of sense.
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesNew Jersey needs a franchise goalie, and they get one with a lot of potential.
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-LOVE Mercer. He hasn't put up huge numbers but this kid is insanely skilled. I see the upside to be the potential 1C the Wild have been looking for.
12Logo of the Nashville Predators-Holloway is a bit polarizing with his production, but he's skilled, fast, and physical. I think he'd pair well with Tomasino's fast game in the future.
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-After moving Trocheck, Florida will need options at center. Borgstrom still hasn't stuck in the NHL yet and I think a nice insurance piece like Zary could be a great option behind Barkov.
14Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Good skating RD that is smart to potentially pair with Hughes.
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-Jarvis was lighting up with WHL before things went sideways and I could see him going earlier, but this would be a great pick for Calgary who could use a talented forward like him.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-It's extremely possible Lundell goes top 10, there's no question about that, but I've also seen some media scouts rank him in the teens so I wouldn't be shocked if he fell this far. Rangers have a pretty stocked prospect pool but I think they could use another good option at center.
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Barron has had a bit of a rough year, but he is very solid in every aspect of the game and I think that's exactly what Winnipeg needs on the right side of their defense.
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersLike Lundell, Gunler could go a lot earlier than this and I wouldn't blink, but it seems like he has fallen behind his fellow Swedes this year. Ottawa selecting 3 forwards with their firsts would be pretty crazy especially since they have some forward talent on their roster, but Gunler seems too good to pass up here.
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Poirier plays a flashy game and skates extremely well, and Jarmo sure loves prospects that can skate.
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsCarolina continues the trend of finding good prospects in the 20's.
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesScoring winger to add to New York's talented prospect pool.
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-Big fan of Bourque, I think he's a bit underrated in this draft. I like his skill and he's put up some good numbers this year.
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Quinn could easily go earlier, but Edmonton gets a possible steal here and adds some scoring depth.
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Grans is very raw but he has all of the tools you could ever want in a prospect. Vegas has a very good pipeline along with a great roster and I think they could easily take the chance on him and hope he can solidify their blue line.
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMuch like Krebs last year, Lapierre has the injury question mark attached to his name. Loved the player when he was healthy and I think with the Wild needing talented forwards the risk could be worth it.
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Andrae was picking up steam in the draft prior to the stoppage. He's a very talented player in a small frame, but I think Philly could stomach the risk and hope he blossoms into a top 4 blue liner.
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-High upside, but very risky with injuries. Nice boom or bust prospect for the Caps as they look to rebuild their prospect pool.
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningReally like Reichel as a later 1st round pick. Maybe not the highest upside, but there's a lot to like about his skill, effort, and skating and if all works out he could be a fine 2nd line player.
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Diminutive but could be a great player someday. Avs could use another skilled right hand shot forward.
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Big defenseman who can skate, possible Bouwmeester replacement for the Blues in a few years.
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsScoring 39 goals in 57 OHL games this year, Perreault could be the goal scorer that Zegras would thrive with and he has the playmaking to be a dual threat.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
this is the ideal rangers draft
TanSor liked this.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 10:59 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Holy **** if Lundell goes 16th thats equivalent of getting Pastrnak in 20s LOL he is top-3 prospect of this draft.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 11:21 a.m.
Raymond > Perfetti
Mar. 20, 2020 at 11:26 a.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
Holy **** if Lundell goes 16th thats equivalent of getting Pastrnak in 20s LOL he is top-3 prospect of this draft.

Like I said some scouts (Corey Pronman at The Athletic for one) has him ranked in the mid teens and if you read my description about him I specifically said it's extremely possible he goes top 10. Saying he's a top 3 prospect is your opinion and you're certainly entitled to that, but there seems to be a wide range for Lundell's draft ranking
habs_fan123 liked this.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 11:27 a.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Raymond > Perfetti

I disagree but I see the argument. Both are great prospects.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 11:38 a.m.
Quoting: TanSor
Like I said some scouts (Corey Pronman at The Athletic for one) has him ranked in the mid teens and if you read my description about him I specifically said it's extremely possible he goes top 10. Saying he's a top 3 prospect is your opinion and you're certainly entitled to that, but there seems to be a wide range for Lundell's draft ranking

The top 3 are Laf, Byfield, Stutzle .

Lundell is a top 10 prospect for sure though. Seeing him slide out of the top 10 would be shocking to me
Mar. 20, 2020 at 11:41 a.m.
Quoting: NYR_Mike
The top 3 are Laf, Byfield, Stutzle .

Lundell is a top 10 prospect for sure though. Seeing him slide out of the top 10 would be shocking to me

That's who I have as my top 3, although I like Stutzle's game more than Byfield. I'm not quite sure where I'd put Lundell, his defensive game is excellent but I'm not sure how high his offensive ceiling is.
habs_fan123 liked this.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 5:37 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
I disagree but I see the argument. Both are great prospects.

Depends on what you're looking for I guess. Perfetti might be a better goalscorer, but I think Raymond has a higher ceiling as dynamic play driving winger. Kind of like a Mitch Marner type.

It's so hard to compare production from Junior to European pro hockey, especially in a relatively low scoring league like The SHL.
TanSor liked this.
Mar. 20, 2020 at 9:33 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I think 4-10 in this draft are all so close that it will basically be team preference at that point. Like the Devils really don't need another high upside center, so ideally they'd get a winger for Hughes or Hischier right now and address other needs with their other two first rounders. That being said, I do think Lundell is a top 10 guy. I like Jarvis a lot, but I'd be absolutely shocked if he went before Lundell did. I think Lundell would be ready to be a 3C once next season starts with 1C potential. I think there are people who don't like him as much because he doesn't have the flash of a Perfetti or Stutzle, or the playmaking and strength of Rossi.
Mar. 21, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.
habs_fan

no way he falls to 16 but hes not a top 3
Mar. 21, 2020 at 4:51 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: habs_fan123
no way he falls to 16 but hes not a top 3

He is a top-3. Best defensive forward in draft and has offensive tools to be 1C.
Mar. 21, 2020 at 5:25 p.m.
habs_fan
He is a top-3. Best defensive forward in draft and has offensive tools to be 1C.

maybe in your mind

this draft lafreniere down is so tight that you cant really have a wrong opinion

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll