Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Suzuki_Cup
Published: Mar. 22, 2020 at 7:44 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings
  2. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
  3. Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLos Angeles Kings
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-This goalie is incredible, the best since Carey Price. That's why I think that he will certainly be taken top10. A team like Ottawa or NJ, who has two high picks, could use one of them to grab him.
2Logo of the Ottawa Senators-I really like this guy. A mobile, medium sized, agile left handed defenseman like him, in a bad year for defenseman, could easily penetrate the top10.
3Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-This pick is could cause a surprise, but in the wrong way. He's pretty good (second scorer after Lafrenière in the CHL) but his size could affect badly his drafting rank. Remeber Caufield last year. His size wasn't great, so he fell to number 15, while some experts had him between 3 and 5.
4Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksThis guy is playing with Rossi, so it might affect his ranking. Though, he scored 50 goals this year and is considered as a great sniper, like Alexander Holtz. The problem is that he is one of the oldest player in the draft. Though, I think he might be taken around 15 ovr. On Capfriendly, he is classed 89th.
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-This guy played on Lafrenière's line at the Top prospect game. He works really hard and is the 2nd best scorer in the WHL this season, after Adam Beckman, which is one year older. He started slowly the season, but has exploded since. He should also be taken around 15.
6Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
8Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
12Logo of the Nashville Predators-
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-
14Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-
16Logo of the New York Rangers-
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
32Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
33Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
34Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
35Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
36Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
37Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the New Jersey Devils
38Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
39Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
40Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
41Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
42Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
43Logo of the Nashville Predators-
44Logo of the Florida Panthers-
45Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
46Logo of the Calgary Flames-
47Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the New York Rangers
48Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
49Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
50Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
51Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
52Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
53Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Dallas Stars
54Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
55Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
56Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
57Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
58Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
59Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
60Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
61Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the St. Louis Blues
62Logo of the Boston Bruins-
Mar. 23, 2020 at 2:08 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I think Sanderson is absolutely going top 10 this year. He's a physical shutdown defenseman, but still mobile and can probably chip in 30-40 points in the NHL at his peak. I agree with you that Rossi might slip due to his size, but I still think he's in the 4-7 range for most scouts. He's very strong on the puck and in the corners, which is part of why Caufield fell. Rossi doesn't have that issue, and I think it's a huge mistake to let Rossi fall past that range.

Even though they're on the same team, Quinn has only spent about half the season on a line with Rossi, IIRC. He's doing a solid job of driving play for a winger and he's also no slouch defensively. I like him a lot.

I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen with Askarov. I can see the scenario you mentioned happening, but I can also see him dropping into the mid-late teens because he's a goalie and goalies are voodoo. And as crazy as it sounds, I can see Detroit considering Askarov if they're picking at 4 and if they don't love any of the centers available, especially since a goalie of the future is a huge need and Yzerman did draft and develop Vasilevskiy. I don't think that's likely, but I also wouldn't say it's impossible.
Mar. 23, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
Evans truther
@krakowitz
All true, for Quinn I could see a team with secondary scoring getting him. A team that already has a set first line RW for years to come but would like to get a one-two punch on the second line with a good two-way game player. Could see him "fall" down to the 15-18 range where I could see Calgary, Winnipeg or Ottawa's 3rd pick being, but OP's got a point that he's an overager and his previous year was "meh" at best so he might end up being an Armia kind of player? Does everything well but nothing great yet will 100% be in your middle 6.
For Askarov he won't make it past NJ 2nd pick. They've got good prospect depth all over the board and when Askarov will be NHL ready Blackwood's going to be around 26-27 so good timing for an upcoming star to work in a 1A-1B system and ease that starter role. They'll go BPA with their 1st pick (Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti range) and double strike with best goaltender.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll