LW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    Logo of the Nashville Predators
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
    RW
    RFA - 2
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    LW
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $5,350,000$5,350,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $2,150,000$2,150,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,450,000$1,450,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $5,850,000$5,850,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    G
    UFA - 1
    $3,850,000$3,850,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    RD
    RFA
    $1,850,000$1,850,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,700,000$5,700,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
    I dont think that package interests the Avs too much.
    Peronsally I would hate Strome as an addition, inflated offensive numbers playing top 6 minutes with Panarin, and hes not good defensively or on the PK, so hes not a 3C on a good team. I dont think hes worth the cost to get and what he would cost in his next contract

If they do move Jost Zads, I would imagine it would be its for a quality not quantity return like you have proposed. They already have way too many guys fighting for roster spots, so adding 1 more in a 2 for 3 would create a bigger problem

IMO, Buchnevich is the only guy I could see them targeting in a trade with the Rangers right now
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 1:24 p.m.
    Wouldn't Nashville want Trouba to play behind Ellis, NYR want Domi for offense and MTL want Johansen for top line center? I don't think MTL would want Trouba, they're already set on the rightside.
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 1:37 p.m.
    Edited Mar. 25, 2020 at 1:43 p.m.
    Quoting: coga16

No, I think he overpaying, i mean you have a guy who a offense powerhouse in Ryan Strome, Someone who could brakeout in Filip Chytil, and a defense defensemen prospect in Libor Hájek, for a guy who a really good underrated defenseman and a guy who slightly better than Filip Chytil. overall, just trading Strome would be enough
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 1:39 p.m.
    Quoting: F50marco
    Wouldn't Nashville want Trouba to play behind Ellis, NYR want Domi for offense and MTL want Johansen for top line center? I don't think MTL would want Trouba, they're already set on the rightside.

I'd say that's one perspective but I don't agree with it. Petry is gone after next year, Weber is a candidate for a compliance buyout (if they're not smart enough to choose Price) and Brook is coming off a mediocre season in the AHL. Romonov plays LD and he's probably the only Dman in the system with high-end top 4 potential. Meanwhile, between Suzuki, KK, Poehling and Danault I'd argue that C is a strength for the Habs.

Meanwhile, Nashville most likely views Fabbro as a top 4 staple behind Ellis and don't want to leave him hanging on the 3rd pair. And Domi has the ability to play LW as well which helps their lineup flexibility considering Duchene, Turris and Tomasino all playing C.

For NYR, either Domi or Johansen works, it's a toss up really. They'd take either.
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 1:53 p.m.
    bang bang
    Peronsally I would hate Strome as an addition, inflated offensive numbers playing top 6 minutes with Panarin, and hes not good defensively or on the PK, so hes not a 3C on a good team. I dont think hes worth the cost to get and what he would cost in his next contract

If they do move Jost Zads, I would imagine it would be its for a quality not quantity return like you have proposed. They already have way too many guys fighting for roster spots, so adding 1 more in a 2 for 3 would create a bigger problem

IMO, Buchnevich is the only guy I could see them targeting in a trade with the Rangers right now

he's good defensively and on the PK stop just looking at stats and thinking you know what ur talking about
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 2:02 p.m.

This is a pretty lazy take I gotta say. Strome was at a 43 point pace last year as a 3rd line player with minimal PP time (well really the Rangers 3rd line last season would be Colorado's 4th line). Ryan Strome was on pace for about a 70 point season this year. That's the Panarin effect. With Panarin, Strome is basically Max Domi last year. And without Panarin, Strome is basically Max Domi this year. His defense will improve once he leaves the Rangers system, because Lindy Ruff's defensive system here in NY is terrible. You need only look at Kevin Shattenkirk and Neal Pionk to see some evidence of that.

He's much better than you think. And he's >>>>>>Jost.
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 2:57 p.m.
    Quoting: buchnevichh
    he's good defensively and on the PK stop just looking at stats and thinking you know what ur talking about

when that was the exact assessment by other ranger fans who I have had this convo on the site about before, but sure im just being lazy when your own fan base agrees with that assessment
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 2:57 p.m.
    Quoting: Sagecoll
    This is a pretty lazy take I gotta say. Strome was at a 43 point pace last year as a 3rd line player with minimal PP time (well really the Rangers 3rd line last season would be Colorado's 4th line). Ryan Strome was on pace for about a 70 point season this year. That's the Panarin effect. With Panarin, Strome is basically Max Domi last year. And without Panarin, Strome is basically Max Domi this year. His defense will improve once he leaves the Rangers system, because Lindy Ruff's defensive system here in NY is terrible. You need only look at Kevin Shattenkirk and Neal Pionk to see some evidence of that.

He's much better than you think. And he's >>>>>>Jost.

its not a lazy take, its a common take that even some ranger fans agree with, but to each their own,
    Jost isnt in the middle 6, so what does compare Strome to him mean? Strome isnt taking Jost spot in the middle 6.
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 5:57 p.m.
    I'd say that's one perspective but I don't agree with it. Petry is gone after next year, Weber is a candidate for a compliance buyout (if they're not smart enough to choose Price) and Brook is coming off a mediocre season in the AHL. Romonov plays LD and he's probably the only Dman in the system with high-end top 4 potential. Meanwhile, between Suzuki, KK, Poehling and Danault I'd argue that C is a strength for the Habs.

Meanwhile, Nashville most likely views Fabbro as a top 4 staple behind Ellis and don't want to leave him hanging on the 3rd pair. And Domi has the ability to play LW as well which helps their lineup flexibility considering Duchene, Turris and Tomasino all playing C.

For NYR, either Domi or Johansen works, it's a toss up really. They'd take either.

From an outside perspective that's what you'd think but ask any Habs fan and they'd tell you they are perfectly happy with Weber and Price for the time being and moving them for nothing in return is not a viable option right now.. People often forget that in Montreal we don't have the luxury of signing free agents whenever we want so the idea of having to get rid of Price and Weber is unfounded. Both guys contracts will not hinder Montreal from anything in the future.

As for Petry, the word around town is that MTL will probably resign him. The last TDL was the best time to trade him and they didn't budge. Either way Habs aren't going to trade for a RHD whilst their current ones are playing great.

As for center depth, Danault is a top line center, Suzuki hasn't solidfied center yet, KK neither and Poehling is still trying to figure it out. Johansen could play center and move to the RW if needed.
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 7:29 p.m.
    From an outside perspective that's what you'd think but ask any Habs fan and they'd tell you they are perfectly happy with Weber and Price for the time being and moving them for nothing in return is not a viable option right now.. People often forget that in Montreal we don't have the luxury of signing free agents whenever we want so the idea of having to get rid of Price and Weber is unfounded. Both guys contracts will not hinder Montreal from anything in the future.

As for Petry, the word around town is that MTL will probably resign him. The last TDL was the best time to trade him and they didn't budge. Either way Habs aren't going to trade for a RHD whilst their current ones are playing great.

As for center depth, Danault is a top line center, Suzuki hasn't solidfied center yet, KK neither and Poehling is still trying to figure it out. Johansen could play center and move to the RW if needed.

TBH, If Habs fans are totally fine with spending 30% of their cap on a goalie and 2 dmen all signed until they're about 40, well that's fine with me lol.
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 9:47 p.m.
    TBH, If Habs fans are totally fine with spending 30% of their cap on a goalie and 2 dmen all signed until they're about 40, well that's fine with me lol.

As opposed to? Panarin, Hall and Pietrangelo?

Even if the Habs created all this space by getting rid of all 3 players, who would they be spending this money on exactly? They're simply taking up space that would be occupied by anything anyway so there really isn't a problem.
    Mar. 25, 2020 at 10:18 p.m.
    As opposed to? Panarin, Hall and Pietrangelo?

Even if the Habs created all this space by getting rid of all 3 players, who would they be spending this money on exactly? They're simply taking up space that would be occupied by anything anyway so there really isn't a problem.

Is the question here what is the value of cap space if not to sign UFA's? I can't walk you through everything else you can do with the extra cap. But looking at how Carolina have transformed their roster over the last 3 years by utilizing their massive cap space and not really signing many UFA's at all should give you an idea.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll