SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

SURVEY MTL DRAFT

SURVEY MTL DRAFT

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: yanp007
Published: Mar. 26, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-MTL will select Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Anton Lundell or Alexander Holtz? I suposse that Lafrenière, Byfield, Stützle, Drysdale and Raymond are lock before the 8th spot
2Logo of the Ottawa Senators-MTL will select Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Anton Lundell or Alexander Holtz? I suposse that Lafrenière, Byfield, Stützle, Drysdale and Raymond are lock before the 8th spot
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksMTL will select Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Anton Lundell or Alexander Holtz? I suposse that Lafrenière, Byfield, Stützle, Drysdale and Raymond are lock before the 8th spot
4Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-MTL will select Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Anton Lundell or Alexander Holtz? I suposse that Lafrenière, Byfield, Stützle, Drysdale and Raymond are lock before the 8th spot
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-MTL will select Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Anton Lundell or Alexander Holtz? I suposse that Lafrenière, Byfield, Stützle, Drysdale and Raymond are lock before the 8th spot
6Logo of the New Jersey Devils-MTL will select Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Anton Lundell or Alexander Holtz? I suposse that Lafrenière, Byfield, Stützle, Drysdale and Raymond are lock before the 8th spot
7Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-MTL will select Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Anton Lundell or Alexander Holtz? I suposse that Lafrenière, Byfield, Stützle, Drysdale and Raymond are lock before the 8th spot
8Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-MTL will select Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Anton Lundell or Alexander Holtz? I suposse that Lafrenière, Byfield, Stützle, Drysdale and Raymond are lock before the 8th spot
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-MTL will select Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Anton Lundell or Alexander Holtz? I suposse that Lafrenière, Byfield, Stützle, Drysdale and Raymond are lock before the 8th spot
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesMTL will select Marco Rossi, Cole Perfetti, Anton Lundell or Alexander Holtz? I suposse that Lafrenière, Byfield, Stützle, Drysdale and Raymond are lock before the 8th spot
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
12Logo of the Nashville Predators-
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-
14Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-
16Logo of the New York Rangers-
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
Mar. 26, 2020 at 4:10 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
I think Rossi and Raymond could fall but it would only happen in certain scenario... I think that if a guy like Raymond isn't take in the top 5, he might be available. NJ might love Askarov's game and could really use a sniper like Holtz or Perfetti to play with Hughes instead of adding another playmaking forward. And I'm pretty sure BUF will try to add a C, so either Rossi or Lundell (maybe Perfetti). So something like this isn't out of question :
1.OTT : Laf
2.DET : Stutzle
3.ANA : Byfield
4.OTT : Rossi
5.LA : Drysdale
6.NJ : Holtz
7.BUF : Lundell
8.MTL : RAYMOND
Mar. 26, 2020 at 4:59 p.m.
Five Victory
Raymond won't fall that far. Lundell would be my favourite to land in MTL. Finnish duo with Kotkaniemi and Lundell.
Mar. 26, 2020 at 5:05 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
Quoting: karsonw
Raymond won't fall that far. Lundell would be my favourite to land in MTL. Finnish duo with Kotkaniemi and Lundell.

Maybe but you must say the scenario in my comment above is quite realistic
Mar. 26, 2020 at 5:18 p.m.
Quoting: math731
I think Rossi and Raymond could fall but it would only happen in certain scenario... I think that if a guy like Raymond isn't take in the top 5, he might be available. NJ might love Askarov's game and could really use a sniper like Holtz or Perfetti to play with Hughes instead of adding another playmaking forward. And I'm pretty sure BUF will try to add a C, so either Rossi or Lundell (maybe Perfetti). So something like this isn't out of question :
1.OTT : Laf
2.DET : Stutzle
3.ANA : Byfield
4.OTT : Rossi
5.LA : Drysdale
6.NJ : Holtz
7.BUF : Lundell
8.MTL : RAYMOND

There's no reason anyone would take Holtz over Raymond. Raymond is a significant step above imo. Even Lundell is a stretch, especially for Buffalo who likely isn't looking for a centre.
Mar. 26, 2020 at 5:25 p.m.
Personally, I think Montreal could take a chance on Jake Sanderson, which is compared to Marc-Edouard Vlasic. He's probably the second best dman in the draft, and will probalby go top 10. He's a left shot dman, which the habs need, with a top2-4 potential. He's great in defense and in restarting the offense, but could improve his shot and offensive awareness.
Mar. 26, 2020 at 5:36 p.m.
Five Victory
Quoting: math731
Maybe but you must say the scenario in my comment above is quite realistic

Maybe, in your scenario with ANA at 3, I see Drysdale falling. LAK would take Raymond over Drysdale, hopefully. NJD needs goal scoring like Holtz but taking him over Raymond, idk about that.
Mar. 26, 2020 at 5:51 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
Quoting: karsonw
Maybe, in your scenario with ANA at 3, I see Drysdale falling. LAK would take Raymond over Drysdale, hopefully. NJD needs goal scoring like Holtz but taking him over Raymond, idk about that.

With their offensive depth for the futur and their poor d prospect pool, Im pretty sure Drysdale would be LAs guy in this scenario... I mean, D is always seen highly in each drafts... Just look at last year. As for NJ, I get
your point but I really feel like the difference between Holtz and Raymond is probably small for many team
CD282 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2020 at 9:22 a.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
There's no reason anyone would take Holtz over Raymond. Raymond is a significant step above imo. Even Lundell is a stretch, especially for Buffalo who likely isn't looking for a centre.

Disagree. There are credible scouts that have Holtz above Raymond.

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2020-nhl-draft/updated-2020-nhl-draft-rankings-top-125-for-march/
math731 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2020 at 10:21 a.m.
Quoting: CD282
Disagree. There are credible scouts that have Holtz above Raymond.

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2020-nhl-draft/updated-2020-nhl-draft-rankings-top-125-for-march/

There are definitely some scouts that would have Holtz ahead of Raymond, but generally speaking there seems to be a consensus that that Raymond is the more valuable asset.

If you're interested, Colin, a Sens blogger for Silver Seven Sens, has been compiling a spreadsheet of all the different draft rankings that have been released since last summer. It averages out all the rankings and assigns each player a value. Currently Raymond sits at 4th, and Holtz at 7th.

Check it out! https://twitter.com/CudmoreColin/status/1153684461483151363?s=19
CD282 liked this.
Mar. 27, 2020 at 10:57 a.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
There are definitely some scouts that would have Holtz ahead of Raymond, but generally speaking there seems to be a consensus that that Raymond is the more valuable asset.

If you're interested, Colin, a Sens blogger for Silver Seven Sens, has been compiling a spreadsheet of all the different draft rankings that have been released since last summer. It averages out all the rankings and assigns each player a value. Currently Raymond sits at 4th, and Holtz at 7th.

Check it out! https://twitter.com/CudmoreColin/status/1153684461483151363?s=19

Sure, but that wasn't the language of the post I was responding to:

"no reason"
"significant step above"

Neither of which are true.
Mar. 27, 2020 at 11:24 a.m.
Quoting: CD282
Sure, but that wasn't the language of the post I was responding to:

"no reason"
"significant step above"

Neither of which are true.

I stand by that. I think Raymond is, and will be, a significantly better player. He's a better skater, and he's a more dynamic offensive player in my opinion. Doesn't have the raw shooting talent Holtz has, but he's a more complete player.

If a team is looking for a RW, and both are still on the table, I don't see any team taking Holtz over Raymond. I could be wrong, but that is my opinion.

For the record if Ottawa ended up picking Holtz, I'm still buying that Jersey day one, because I still think he's going to be really damn good.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll