SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Anaheim Ducks signed Trevor Zegras (3 Years / $1,775,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 27, 2020 at 5:07 p.m.
Trevor Zegras has signed a new contract with the Anaheim Ducks.
Entry-Level Contract
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Bob Murray
Length: 3 years
Value: $5,325,000
Expiry Status: RFA
Cap % Tooltip: 1.14
Signing Team: Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks
Signing Date: Mar. 27, 2020
Source: CapFriendly

Trevor Zegras signed a 3 year, $5,325,000 contract with the Anaheim Ducks on Mar. 27, 2020. The contract has a cap hit of $925,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2020-21$925,000$1,775,000$850,000$92,500$832,500$925,000$70,000
2021-22$925,000$1,775,000$850,000$92,500$832,500$925,000$70,000
2022-23$925,000$1,775,000$850,000$92,500$832,500$925,000$70,000
TOTAL$2,775,000$5,325,000$2,550,000$277,500$2,497,500$2,775,000$210,000
Qualifying OfferTooltip: $874,125
Mar. 27, 2020 at 5:10 p.m.
Likely the best center in Anaheim's very deep prospect pool. He, Steel, Lundestrom and Terry will make a very strong and versatile center group. Due to how many prospects they have, I don't think he makes a full show for a year or two in the NHL, but the first domino has fallen and that's a great sign!
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 27, 2020 at 5:52 p.m.
GM67
Terrific Signing with the numbers he put up at Boston University and the fact that he is just an outstanding player with immense Hockey IQ. Would love to see him skate with Chase De Leo in San Diego with the Gulls.
Mar. 27, 2020 at 6:10 p.m.
I'm a little bit surprised by this move. I think he would have stayed for another year at BU if not for the current situation. I think he'll struggle next season in the AHL.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 27, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I'm with @Brian2016 and voted "No," because I think kids that have a shot at a good college education should stay there at least 2 years. This is a good signing for the team that I love but I'm not happy about its effect on the youngster. The competition in the Beanpot and Hockey East is stiff enough that he would have gotten a sufficient education on the ice, too. Maybe you all should just put this down to crankiness from someone who wasn't guaranteed a college education -- not to mention more -- in the years 1965-1970.
Brian2016 liked this.
Mar. 28, 2020 at 3:21 a.m.
Banned
This signing is atrocious! Awful player....
OldNYIfan and MountRoyal liked this.
Mar. 28, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Brian2016
I'm a little bit surprised by this move. I think he would have stayed for another year at BU if not for the current situation. I think he'll struggle next season in the AHL.

It was always his plan to stay there 1 year.

Quoting: OldNYIfan
I'm with @Brian2016 and voted "No," because I think kids that have a shot at a good college education should stay there at least 2 years. This is a good signing for the team that I love but I'm not happy about its effect on the youngster. The competition in the Beanpot and Hockey East is stiff enough that he would have gotten a sufficient education on the ice, too. Maybe you all should just put this down to crankiness from someone who wasn't guaranteed a college education -- not to mention more -- in the years 1965-1970.

As they say at Ohio State football team. I ain't here tu play Skoool.

He'll be fine next year. I give him 1/2 a year at the AHL before he makes the jump. He's ready. Boston will miss him next year. He was one of their best players.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 28, 2020 at 11:01 p.m.
AwesomeMatthews
The prodigal son signs his first contract.
Mar. 29, 2020 at 3:11 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
It was always his plan to stay there 1 year.

As they say at Ohio State football team. I ain't here tu play Skoool.

He'll be fine next year. I give him 1/2 a year at the AHL before he makes the jump. He's ready. Boston will miss him next year. He was one of their best players.

Then why go to BU in the first place? It's not like the NBA where they have to wait til 19. Either development is better in the AHL or NCAA.
Mar. 29, 2020 at 12:26 p.m.
Banned
Then why go to BU in the first place? It's not like the NBA where they have to wait til 19. Either development is better in the AHL or NCAA.

because the NCAA is quickly becoming the best way to make it into the NHL.
32% of all NHL players come from the NCAA. It's world class fitness facilities, great coaching, and free ice time. The NCAA will always be one of the best paths forward for any young player because of the amount of $$$$$ in college athletics. All these teams share the same facilities, trainers, you name it. Places like the CHL only wish they had the resources the NCAA has.
On top of it, there is less chance for injury there, and more time to gain weight and strength to develop.
That's why you choose to go to the NCAA over the AHL.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 29, 2020 at 1:42 p.m.
because the NCAA is quickly becoming the best way to make it into the NHL.
32% of all NHL players come from the NCAA. It's world class fitness facilities, great coaching, and free ice time. The NCAA will always be one of the best paths forward for any young player because of the amount of $$$$$ in college athletics. All these teams share the same facilities, trainers, you name it. Places like the CHL only wish they had the resources the NCAA has.
On top of it, there is less chance for injury there, and more time to gain weight and strength to develop.
That's why you choose to go to the NCAA over the AHL.

I totally get that, but why leave early for the AHL? I understand why Brady Tkachuk and Jack Eichel left after a year, but Zegras is not NHL ready according to most reports. What's the rush if NCAA is so much better in all of those ways you mentioned? You rarely see 19-20 year olds light it up in the AHL.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 29, 2020 at 1:58 p.m.
Banned
I totally get that, but why leave early for the AHL? I understand why Brady Tkachuk and Jack Eichel left after a year, but Zegras is not NHL ready according to most reports. What's the rush if NCAA is so much better in all of those ways you mentioned? You rarely see 19-20 year olds light it up in the AHL.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 29, 2020 at 3:25 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

One more year at BU would be worth a lot more in the long run than the $925 this year instead of 2023.
Brian2016 liked this.
Mar. 29, 2020 at 4:29 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I understand the thought process of wanting him to stay at BU another year, but BU is losing a lot of good players. Harper already signed with Nashville, Farrance most likely will sign too. Curry is in the Detroit system now. That's three of the four top scorers on the team gone, and Zegras is the fourth. Nobody else on the team averaged more than half a point per game, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the program is going to add a whole lot next season.

While I think it'd be valuable for him to learn how to elevate other players, there's a certain element of not wanting your top prospect developing on a bad team that comes into play. Is it best for him to play at a lower level on a bad team in the hands of a completely different program, or play some games at a higher level under the Ducks' watch, maybe getting some NHL games sprinkled in there? I'd rather see him in the AHL for a little, released to go play at the WJC and hopefully come back from that tournament ready to be a full-time NHLer.
Mar. 29, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
Banned
One more year at BU would be worth a lot more in the long run than the $925 this year instead of 2023.

dude you don't know that. You don't know his situation. None of us do. He has to make his own decisions on that.
Or maybe he just thinks he's ready for his shot. If the team is in agreement who are any of us to say what his right path is.
Mar. 29, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
dude you don't know that. You don't know his situation. None of us do. He has to make his own decisions on that.
Or maybe he just thinks he's ready for his shot. If the team is in agreement who are any of us to say what his right path is.

Because I have 72 years in the game. I know more about his future than he does. I know that you won't agree with that, but it's true.
Mar. 29, 2020 at 11:53 p.m.
Banned
Because I have 72 years in the game. I know more about his future than he does. I know that you won't agree with that, but it's true.

yeah ok know it all.
For all you know he's got a girl knocked up and stressed for money.
Stop pretending you know anything. You don't.
Mar. 29, 2020 at 11:56 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
yeah ok know it all.

Ah, the voice of reason, experience and intelligence. I wish I could go back in time to when I was as ignorant as you.
Mar. 30, 2020 at 12:05 a.m.
Banned
Ah, the voice of reason, experience and intelligence. I wish I could go back in time to when I was as ignorant as you.

I would say I could go back in time when I'm as arrogant but there never was such. I mean really do you remember being 19? I don't know, maybe someone paid your way. No one paid mine. And when you are struggling with your stuff, to criticize someone for going to get theirs is just absurd.
As I said, no one knows what his situation is. Good for him to take his shot. That's all anyone can say.
Mar. 30, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
yeah ok know it all.

I would say I could go back in time when I'm as arrogant but there never was such. I mean really do you remember being 19? I don't know, maybe someone paid your way. No one paid mine. And when you are struggling with your stuff, to criticize someone for going to get theirs is just absurd.
As I said, no one knows what his situation is. Good for him to take his shot. That's all anyone can say.

Yeah, I remember being 19. It was three years before I landed in Vietnam.

“Stop pretending you know anything. You don’t.” The bitter plaint of the unworshipped entitled whose utterances are usually dismissed – justifiably or not, I cannot say, but I have my suspicions. Epistemologically, of course, impossible, and therefore undeniably the stupidest thing ever said on CapFriendly.

I’ve watched the sun rise on a day I did not expect to live to see.

I’ve had to discard a uniform because it was stained with the blood of a buddy with whom I’d messed for more than a year.

After I came home, my mother cried for three days and my nine-year-old sister asked me if it was true that we killed babies over there.

Yeah, I know something. War is hell, but it makes every veteran superior in knowledge to every snotty whining non-combatant like you. It’s obvious you haven’t lived long enough or seen enough to have learned enough. Good luck with that. Only then will your pontifications merit listening to.
Mar. 30, 2020 at 11:24 p.m.
Banned
Yeah, I remember being 19. It was three years before I landed in Vietnam.

“Stop pretending you know anything. You don’t.” The bitter plaint of the unworshipped entitled whose utterances are usually dismissed – justifiably or not, I cannot say, but I have my suspicions. Epistemologically, of course, impossible, and therefore undeniably the stupidest thing ever said on CapFriendly.

I’ve watched the sun rise on a day I did not expect to live to see.

I’ve had to discard a uniform because it was stained with the blood of a buddy with whom I’d messed for more than a year.

After I came home, my mother cried for three days and my nine-year-old sister asked me if it was true that we killed babies over there.

Yeah, I know something. War is hell, but it makes every veteran superior in knowledge to every snotty whining non-combatant like you. It’s obvious you haven’t lived long enough or seen enough to have learned enough. Good luck with that. Only then will your pontifications merit listening to.

I was in nam I've see some thing man............

Has nothing to do with this dude signing his contract. Just rambling.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit