Forums/Armchair-GM

1 more year before truly competing

Created by: csick
Team: 2020-21 San Jose Sharks
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 30, 2020
Published: Mar. 30, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Try to make the best of it by improving the goaltending longterm, signing some guys to 1 year deals, keeping some guys in the AHL and try to make the playoffs. I believe this team has a shot at a division spot if the goaltending doesnt flop.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$900,000
2$900,000
2$900,000
2$900,000
2$900,000
5$4,500,000
2$2,750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,750,000
2$3,750,000
1$2,500,000
1$2,500,000
Trades
SJS
    free buyout
    SJS
    1. 2020 7th round pick (NJD)
    Additional Details:
    anyone
    SJS
    1. Georgiev, Alexandar [RFA Rights]
    NYR
    1. 2020 2nd round pick (COL)
    2. 2021 3rd round pick (SJS)
    Additional Details:
    Maybe make the 3rd a 1st if SJ makes the conference finals with Georgiev playing half the games or something
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$81,500,000$71,834,999$0$297,500$9,665,001
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the San Jose Sharks
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 7
    $700,000$700,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $768,333$768,333 (Performance Bonus$65,000$65K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, RW
    UFA
    $900,000$900,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    $5,280,000$5,280,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $10,000,000$10,000,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    LD/RD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    G
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 30, 2020 at 1:33 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Gotta think if there is a compliance buyout, Rangers buyout Lundqvist and his 8m cap hit and keep the needed Georgiev.
    Mar. 30, 2020 at 1:33 p.m.
    Log off the internet
    you cannot use the c-word when you have that bottom 6
    Mar. 30, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.
    KFTW
    Quoting: Hedman77
    you cannot use the c-word when you have that bottom 6

well 1 more year before bringing up some youngsters and starting to think about competing
    Mar. 30, 2020 at 1:36 p.m.
    Billy739
    way i see it , you signed Evander Kane so you wont compete until he's gone

WPG moves him and take big strides forward
    BUF moves him and takes big strides forward

he's an Expansion team star meant to dazzle losing teams audience's
    but his selfish play and poor character make him a team mate you can endur but not thrive beside.

if he was a 3rd line player that was depth and you had legit stars infront of him , totally different Scenario
    but you're basically TML and Phil Kessel or even ARZ and Phil Kessel based on the small sample size
    you're trying to play a depth talent with holes in his game at a level where he's got to match Mathews , Tkachuk's , Gaudreau's , Drisatl's, Oshies, Malkin's , Huberdeau's and many other legit top 6 stars.

i wont lie i think you're close but without an impact trade to fix your Wing depth i think its game over and you should outright rebuild .
    if you were to bring in lets say for example Tatar and Danault lets say then your depth becomes legit (there's many other options i'm just trying to illistrate the level of talent you'd need )

you addressed the Goaltending and i like 3 line D core although if i was you i'd sign Voynov Mid Season when he's avail for 2m x 2 year deal as he'll help solidify your back end

Dahlen has value and you could use him and some picks to get most of what you want if you shop right .
    (Dahlens a B + guy who plays a smart 2 way game)
    Mar. 30, 2020 at 1:53 p.m.
    Quoting: Billy739

but his selfish play and poor character make him a team mate you can endur but not thrive beside.

if he was a 3rd line player that was depth and you had legit stars infront of him , totally different Scenario
    but you're basically TML and Phil Kessel or even ARZ and Phil Kessel based on the small sample size
    you're trying to play a depth talent with holes in his game at a level where he's got to match Mathews , Tkachuk's , Gaudreau's , Drisatl's, Oshies, Malkin's , Huberdeau's and many other legit top 6 stars.

i wont lie i think you're close but without an impact trade to fix your Wing depth i think its game over and you should outright rebuild .
    if you were to bring in lets say for example Tatar and Danault lets say then your depth becomes legit (there's many other options i'm just trying to illistrate the level of talent you'd need )

you addressed the Goaltending and i like 3 line D core although if i was you i'd sign Voynov Mid Season when he's avail for 2m x 2 year deal as he'll help solidify your back end

Dahlen has value and you could use him and some picks to get most of what you want if you shop right .

Kane is not the issue at all, and this mislead hate for him is dumb. He has been just fine in SJ and we do not have any need to move him, any issues in the past are nonexistant here. Yes we do need one or two more top six wingers, but moving Kane gets us further from that not closer
    csick liked this.
    Mar. 30, 2020 at 2:07 p.m.
    Billy739
    Quoting: papishark
    Kane is not the issue at all, and this mislead hate for him is dumb. He has been just fine in SJ and we do not have any need to move him, any issues in the past are nonexistant here. Yes we do need one or two more top six wingers, but moving Kane gets us further from that not closer

History of Playoffs for Kane is what again ?

History of his teams success after Kane ?

Facts are Facts
    you're just painting me your narrative of why its worth the risk
    but Kane's never going to be a Stanley Cup Champ as he's a poor mans Jarome Iginla and even Iggy couldnt get it done despite coming close.

Iggy also lead his drafted team who was horrible to a Final based on his skill
    Kane just missed practices and pissed off coaches instead of trying to be a leader and bring the lockerroom together like Iggy .

Not saying he has to be Iggy , i'm just point out he's not on his level but more so on the level of a Phil Kessel .
    who only found success when a GM realized this about him acquiring him for less to play a lesser role behind more talented players.

Since acquiring Kane SJS has went from a SCF team 2 games from a Cup
    To a non playoff team and bottom of the league

you're trying to replace Pavelski with Kane and as such Playoff Finals are off the menu until your realize the difference quality makes
    Mar. 30, 2020 at 2:20 p.m.
    History of Playoffs for Kane is what again ?

History of his teams success after Kane ?

Facts are Facts
    you're just painting me your narrative of why its worth the risk
    but Kane's never going to be a Stanley Cup Champ as he's a poor mans Jarome Iginla and even Iggy couldnt get it done despite coming close.

Iggy also lead his drafted team who was horrible to a Final based on his skill
    Kane just missed practices and pissed off coaches instead of trying to be a leader and bring the lockerroom together like Iggy .

Not saying he has to be Iggy , i'm just point out he's not on his level but more so on the level of a Phil Kessel .
    who only found success when a GM realized this about him acquiring him for less to play a lesser role behind more talented players.

Since acquiring Kane SJS has went from a SCF team 2 games from a Cup
    To a non playoff team and bottom of the league

you're trying to replace Pavelski with Kane and as such Playoff Finals are off the menu until your realize the difference quality makes

Dude we went to the western finals with Kane last year... He is not the reason we suck, nor are we relying on him to be an allstar. Hes a goal scorer and a agitator
    JumboJoe liked this.
    Mar. 30, 2020 at 8:22 p.m.
    D. Reedy
    Quoting: papishark
    Dude we went to the western finals with Kane last year... He is not the reason we suck, nor are we relying on him to be an allstar. Hes a goal scorer and a agitator

Kane has scored at a 30-goal pace since he started wearing teal. The hate toward him is either stupid or racist, either way it's misguided. He's not a 40-goal, point-per-game player and it's not like he's paid to be nor should anyone's expectations be that high. He is NOT the problem.

Blame the lack of bottom-6 scoring, the lack of speed, having two defensively weak blueliners, and poor goaltending.

That Billy guy is an idiot.
    papishark liked this.
    Mar. 30, 2020 at 8:25 p.m.
    D. Reedy

------------------------------------------------------

Dude, seriously?

Winnipeg got worse after they traded Kane and didn't make the playoffs for two more seasons. Buffalo stayed bad.

Is Kane perfect? No, but you can't claim teams did better without him.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll