3$800,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,000,000
8$6,800,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Perfetti, Cole
3$925,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Sergachev, Mikhail$8,400,000
2021 1st round pick
2021 2nd round pick
2021 3rd round pick
Trades
LAK
  1. Deangelo, Anthony [RFA Rights]
NYR
  1. Brickley, Daniel
  2. Kupari, Rasmus
  3. Roy, Matt
Additional Details:
Grundstrom
Prokhorkin
Buyouts
Termination Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
17$81,500,000$68,376,364$0$2,550,000$13,123,636
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$2,425,000$2,425,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,636,364$2,636,364
RW, C
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 2
Perfetti, Cole
$925,000$925,000
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,900,000$2,900,000
G
UFA - 3
$858,333$858,333
G
UFA - 2
$6,800,000$6,800,000
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 31, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.
Why would the Rangers do that? A bunch of bottom six forwards and third pairing (at best) defensemen for a quality young RHD? The only quality piece in that package is Kupari, and his value is down right now after having a pedestrian first half of the season in Ontario cut short by an injury at world juniors. The Kings shouldn't be willing to give up what it would take to pry Deangelo away from the Rangers.

They also shouldn't be willing to give up a 1st round pick until they've established that they're capable of finishing out of the league basement. Sergachev would be a quality get, but not in exchange for a top 10 overall pick.

Good on you for drafting Perfetti though.
Mar. 31, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Why would the Rangers do that? A bunch of bottom six forwards and third pairing (at best) defensemen for a quality young RHD? The only quality piece in that package is Kupari, and his value is down right now after having a pedestrian first half of the season in Ontario cut short by an injury at world juniors. The Kings shouldn't be willing to give up what it would take to pry Deangelo away from the Rangers.

They also shouldn't be willing to give up a 1st round pick until they've established that they're capable of finishing out of the league basement. Sergachev would be a quality get, but not in exchange for a top 10 overall pick.

Good on you for drafting Perfetti though.

Rangers have Fox and Trouba. The only way they can fit Deangelo in is if they put him on the left side which means they'll be pairining him other offensive style defensemen which is not a quality option. If he is not traded he will be offersheeted. We have to try. We can afford to lose next years 1st. Ever since Vilardi got called up the Kings went 8-1-1, the whole team fed off of his energy. Add Turcotte, JAD, and Bjornfor to the mix and are whole team has a brand new energy. I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't that far from a wild card spot at the end of the season. Not saying we will be close to a playoff team, but no where near rock bottom.

If you are set on drafting a winger rather than a defenseman then this makes sense. We have what, Clague, Anderson, and Bjornfot and that's it. I guess I can't forget about spot fillers like Roy and Walker, but going after Sergachev and/or Deangelo makes a lot of sense.
Mar. 31, 2020 at 4:11 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
Rangers have Fox and Trouba. The only way they can fit Deangelo in is if they put him on the left side which means they'll be pairining him other offensive style defensemen which is not a quality option. If he is not traded he will be offersheeted. We have to try. We can afford to lose next years 1st. Ever since Vilardi got called up the Kings went 8-1-1, the whole team fed off of his energy. Add Turcotte, JAD, and Bjornfor to the mix and are whole team has a brand new energy. I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't that far from a wild card spot at the end of the season. Not saying we will be close to a playoff team, but no where near rock bottom.

If you are set on drafting a winger rather than a defenseman then this makes sense. We have what, Clague, Anderson, and Bjornfot and that's it. I guess I can't forget about spot fillers like Roy and Walker, but going after Sergachev and/or Deangelo makes a lot of sense.

Teams can't afford to have six top-four defensemen. Spot fillers like Walker and Roy are necessary pieces in championship rosters. If the Kings pick up Sergachev and Deangelo, the Kings will have a defensive corps that could very easily top $30 million, but still have a very middling top six forward corps.

I agree that the Rangers might look to trade Deangelo, but they will get significantly better offers from contenders that include 1st round picks and quality prospects. They're not going to trade him for some spare parts and a former 1st round pick that had a disappointing season. The pieces that the Rangers would want in return are likely on the Kings untouchable list (1st round picks, Kaliyev, Bjornfot, etc.)

Sure, the team looks like it's trending in the right direction, but i wouldn't get too excited about a 10 game stretch of play. A lot of teams took the Kings for granted and expected an easy 2 points. As the Kings make steps in the right direction, teams will stop expecting an easy win and come prepared. Sure, they could be the surprise team of the season, but they could just as easily be the 2021 version of the Buffalo Sabres. If they are in a playoff spot at next year's trade deadline, then I would be prepared to consider trading away the 2021 1st rounder for immediate help, but not before.

The Kings defensive corps currently looks like this:

????-Doughty (top pair capable guys)
Bjornfot-Walker (middle pair capable guys)
Anderson-Roy (bottom pair guys)
Clague-Durzi-MacDermid (fringe NHLers)

Assuming Ryan and Hutton dont' return, they'll likely sign a veteran free agent to fill in on the left side in the short term until they can find a better option. I don't think they'll try to make a big splash this summer. Maybe next summer after they've made some progress and their draft picks aren't as premium as they are now.
Mar. 31, 2020 at 4:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Teams can't afford to have six top-four defensemen. Spot fillers like Walker and Roy are necessary pieces in championship rosters. If the Kings pick up Sergachev and Deangelo, the Kings will have a defensive corps that could very easily top $30 million, but still have a very middling top six forward corps.

I agree that the Rangers might look to trade Deangelo, but they will get significantly better offers from contenders that include 1st round picks and quality prospects. They're not going to trade him for some spare parts and a former 1st round pick that had a disappointing season. The pieces that the Rangers would want in return are likely on the Kings untouchable list (1st round picks, Kaliyev, Bjornfot, etc.)

Sure, the team looks like it's trending in the right direction, but i wouldn't get too excited about a 10 game stretch of play. A lot of teams took the Kings for granted and expected an easy 2 points. As the Kings make steps in the right direction, teams will stop expecting an easy win and come prepared. Sure, they could be the surprise team of the season, but they could just as easily be the 2021 version of the Buffalo Sabres. If they are in a playoff spot at next year's trade deadline, then I would be prepared to consider trading away the 2021 1st rounder for immediate help, but not before.

The Kings defensive corps currently looks like this:

????-Doughty (top pair capable guys)
Bjornfot-Walker (middle pair capable guys)
Anderson-Roy (bottom pair guys)
Clague-Durzi-MacDermid (fringe NHLers)

Assuming Ryan and Hutton dont' return, they'll likely sign a veteran free agent to fill in on the left side in the short term until they can find a better option. I don't think they'll try to make a big splash this summer. Maybe next summer after they've made some progress and their draft picks aren't as premium as they are now.

So you want to wait an extra 5 or so years trying to draft our next Slava Voynov type player? Unless I'm misunderstanding you and you think Walker is going to be that guy?

We have the best pipeline in the league except we barely have any quality defense prospects. Sure I am willing to go your route and draft Perfetti if not Lafreniere, but if we trade some decent prospects and some good picks to acquire Sergachev and Deangelo we aren't losing a whole lot, in fact, probably gaining a lot considering there upside. I'd be willing to pay a little more for Deangelo like Iafallo, Walker, Madden, etc. But hey we'll probably draft a kid in his early 20s putting up 60 points like Deangelo and another kid full of heart with a lot of great attributes like Sergachev no problem right?! Only thing is, it could take 10 years to find that prospect. But waiting and hoping makes more sense than jumping on these great opportunities.....

Lucky for you Blake is lazy and very passive so you probably won't have to worry about it.
Mar. 31, 2020 at 7:35 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
So you want to wait an extra 5 or so years trying to draft our next Slava Voynov type player? Unless I'm misunderstanding you and you think Walker is going to be that guy?

We have the best pipeline in the league except we barely have any quality defense prospects. Sure I am willing to go your route and draft Perfetti if not Lafreniere, but if we trade some decent prospects and some good picks to acquire Sergachev and Deangelo we aren't losing a whole lot, in fact, probably gaining a lot considering there upside. I'd be willing to pay a little more for Deangelo like Iafallo, Walker, Madden, etc. But hey we'll probably draft a kid in his early 20s putting up 60 points like Deangelo and another kid full of heart with a lot of great attributes like Sergachev no problem right?! Only thing is, it could take 10 years to find that prospect. But waiting and hoping makes more sense than jumping on these great opportunities.....

Lucky for you Blake is lazy and very passive so you probably won't have to worry about it.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't trade for quality defensive players, just that we shouldn't trade for them now. The Kings are in the middle of a rebuild and are currently in the cellar of the standings, meaning their 1st round picks are worth a premium. I think 5 years is too long to bring in defensive help, but 2 or 3 years isn't. So if we're going to trade 1st round picks and quality prospects (which is what it will take to acquire the young big fish you're targeting), we should do it when our 1st round pick is in the 20-25 overall range instead of in the 2-6 overall range.

All of the Kings top tier prospects are between 18-20 years old right now. There's no rush. We can afford to wait a few seasons to put it all together. Why not see what Grundstrom, Kupari, Roy, Walker, etc. turn into before we write them off as spare parts? I personally don't know if Walker will turn into Voynov, but he might...let's wait a season or two and find out.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll