Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Riddick19
Published: Mar. 31, 2020 at 8:52 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
  2. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
  3. Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Definitely the #1 guy for any team.
2Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksA 6'4 center who is already 215 pounds who can skate and handle the puck like he can. Who many liken to Evgeni Malkin, hard to pass him up. Stutzle however could be considered by some teams and might be NHL ready sooner.
3Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Might go 2nd depending on who has the pick, but very crafty and shifty with the puck on his stick. I don't see him dropping any lower than 3rd
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-For me the unanimous #4 pick, Raymond is a franchise winger. He's a but undersized but plays hard and is uber talented.
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-With so many forward prospects in the system, hard to figure the Kings would pass on drafting a franchise defenseman.
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-With Zegras and Lundestrom in the pipeline, and Zegras being likely the best playmaker outside of the NHL drafting this year's purest sniper makes the most sense.
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Perfetti is a great all around talent who is clutch in the shootout and comes up big in big games. Can't see the Devils passing on Perfetti, though I'm sure they'd prefer to get their hands on Holtz if they could.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-He might be a little undersized but he is definitely physically developed and is one of the most creative players in the draft. The Sabres have some guys who can score so a playmaker makes sense here.
9Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-With the Habs already having Suzuki who looks like a future 1st line center, Kotkaniemi, and Pouhling down the middle I think they grab Gunler who has some size for the wings and instantly becomes their most talented overall winger in the system.
10Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-With the Hawks having no one but an old Corey Crawford in nets, and no one in the pipeline, I believe the Hawks snatch the can't miss Askarov as their goaltender for the future.
11Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesHard to see Lundell slipping to 11 but if he is available at 11 the Devils would surely grab him. This would ensure the Devils in the future will have awesome power down the middle, with Hischier, Hughes, Perfetti, and Lundell.
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Holloway is a perfect fit for Minny. With Minny looking more like they want to go in the speed and skill direction, Holloway is the best center still available. His numbers are a bit low, but most who have watched him know this guy is a major talent coming up.
13Logo of the Nashville Predators-With Johannson, Duchene, and Turris all locked up long-term and Pitlick in the system, drafting a center might be a little much. So drafting a high end winger makes sense so Mercer fits that bill for sure.
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida needs a skilled defenseman for the backend. Ekblad is a good all around defenseman but he needs help on the offensive side of things. Poirier fits that bill and then some.
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-Zary is the top prospect available in the 15th slot, and can play both center and the wing which is something Calgary needs. Might be a few years away but unbelievable that Zary might make it all the way down to the 15th slot.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Sanderson who has already committed to UND for next year, is maybe not a franchise defenseman but definitely has the talent to be a top pairing defenseman at some point.
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The Jets are a team that has the pieces likely to take a chance on a guy like Lapierre. Lapierre would likely be higher up the draft if not for the concussion history. Minus that Lapierre is considered a sure-fire 1st line center someday in the NHL.
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersQuinn drops to 18. Plays more of a supporting role on a team with a very high octane offense, but has the skills to be a scoring line winger someday at the NHL level.
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Perreault at this spot is best forward available and Columbus has already lost so much talent up front the past few seasons. So drafting Perreault who projects as a 1A 1B center at some point would be a great pickup for the Jackets in the 19th slot.
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsThe Hurricanes have drafted a ton of forwards the past few drafts with a ton of success in Aho, Svechnikov, and Necas, Barron would make a great eventually partner for Jake Bean one day.
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesThe Rangers have had a lot of success with Russian-born players and are always looking for skill so for me it makes sense for them to draft the very talented Amirov.
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-The Stars who have begun to really improve their pipeline have some forwards pushing for playing time. However besides Harley the Stars don't really have a blue-chip defense prospect. So I think they go with Schneider here. He might be a few years away but has great size and could be a great 2-3 defenseman one day.
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Jarvis might be on the small side, but as Yamamotto has proven you don't always have to have a ton of size to succeed. So I believe they take the top sniper still available on the board and that's Jarvis
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Guhle has slipped down the draft board quite a bit this year, but a guy named Jakob Chychrun might give pause for that. Defenseman with Guhle's size and skating ability are hard to find.
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMinny likely will be looking to add to it's forward corpse with their 2nd pick in the first round. The most skilled player at the 25th spot in my mind would be Mysak.
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-The Flyers with an already top end pipeline and likely a sure-fire playoff team for many years will get to add another really solid piece down the middle with Bourque
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-The Caps who likely hit a homerun with McMichael last year might do similar with a big solid all around defenseman in Wallinder
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningSJ who really needs an infusion of talent into their pipeline likely grabs the most talented guy still available albeit him being a smaller player in Nybeck. If Nybeck were to grow a few inches he'd be way further up the board for sure.
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-With the 29th spot I believe the Avs add Ridley Greig to their already impressive prospect pool.
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-I believe Sourdif falls a few spots in the draft and I think it will be the Blues that make the mistake in taking Sourdif late in the first round.
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsThe Ducks with their 2nd pick in the 1st round and last pick of the round I believe will go with Lukas Cormier. A bity on the smallish side for a defenseman, but will make a case to QB the PP one day as he is that good on the offensive side of the puck
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
32Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-The first pick of the 2nd round I believe the Wings grab O'Rourke with the pick. Have seen him play a few times and he reminds me a lot of Vlasic the way he defends and uses his head to make plays out of the zone.
33Logo of the Ottawa Senators-With Ottawa selecting 3 forwards in the opening round, and with offensive guys like Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, and Thomson being offensive players, I believe the Sens will go with the 2-way Kuznetsov who I believe isn't that far away from at least contributing to the Sens lineup.
34Logo of the San Jose Sharks-I think SJ continues to build their forward depth with their 2nd pick and take a guy who has first round talent, but 2nd round consistency in Stranges
35Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-After selecting a future franchise defenseman in the first round I believe they go to the defenseman well again and select Hunt
36Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-After selecting their future goal stud in the first round I believe the Ducks improve their depth down the middle by selecting the uber creative and talented Hirvonen, just a bit undersized or likely a first rounder.
37Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the New Jersey DevilsNashville who like their college prospects when selecting the best player still available grab a 2-way center in Smilanic
38Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The Sabres add a ton of speed and possibly a future 3rd line center with their 2nd pick of the draft in take Foudy
39Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-With the Habs now flush with a ton of really impressive offensive prospects, I believe the habs grab a very underrated defenseman in Shakir
40Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksWith their 3rd pick in the draft the Habs stay on the floor and pickup a guy who likely could go in the first round in J.J. Peterka.
41Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Draft Pick ForfeitedArizona with their first pick of the draft go with a forward and select Cuylle as they would definitely love his size and speed on the 3rd line someday.
42Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minny with their 3rd picl of the draft add an undersized albeit crafty center in Simontaival
43Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville with their 3rd pick of the draft add to their forward brigade and pick the big Luke Tuch.
44Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida always seem to do well with their Russian selections and Pashin seems like a diamond in the rough
45Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksThe Kings with their 3rd pick grab Ponomaryov
46Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary with their 2nd pick of the draft add to their defense brigade by adding a really interesting prospect in Kubicek
47Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the New York RangersCarolina is known to take chances on the smaller forwards so I believe with this pick the Canes grab the undersized but offensive Gushchin
48Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg with their 2nd pick of the draft are lacking in top end goaltending prospects and land a possible future starter in Bednar. Bednar likely gets drafted before this but if he's available my guess is the Jets land the big goaltender from the Czech Republic
49Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersThe Sens with their 5th pick of the draft already add to their forward corpse by adding a big center Jarmir Pytlik
50Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsWith the next pick the Sens grab another center in Lukas Reichel who also might be picked further up the draft.
51Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-The Leafs with their first pick in the draft grab themselves a big stay at home defensive defenseman in Kleven.
52Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-The Canes with their 3rd pick of the draft land a center Brisson. Don't know much about Brisson but he has decent stats.
53Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Dallas StarsWith the Sens' incredible 6th pick of the draft they land Foerster who could go anywhere from the end of the 1st round to the start of the 3rd round. So many teams are hot and cold on this guy with no middle ground. I'm guessing the Sens with the 6th pick of the draft so far take a chance on him.
54Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton OilersThe Wings with their 3rd pick of the draft land a goaltender as their system has very little in the pipeline.
55Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsThe Kings with their 4th pick of the draft select a stay at home defenseman that originally was projected to go much higher but fell drastically down the charts.
56Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsNormally the 2nd and 3rd rounds is where most teams find their goaltenders, but I believe the Hawks grab Askarov in the first round so with their 2nd pick of the draft I believe they select a big power forward in the making with Sam Colangelo
57Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly with their 2nd pick of the draft land a scoring LW in Jake Neighbours
58Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsThe Wings with their 4th pick of the draft go a little off the board and grab a project defenseman that might turn into a top 4 if he develops properly in Villeneuve
59Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Tampa with their 1st pick right near the end of the 2nd round always go for speed and skill regardless of size and take a chance on Bordeleau. He's got a ton of talent but his size does hinder him on the ice as he is too easily pushed off the puck. But might be able to rectify that?
60Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Colorado AvalancheSJ needs depth everywhere and without what most teams would even consider a starting goaltender and with no one in the system I think the Sharks would be smart to grab Blomqvist
61Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the St. Louis BluesThe Habs with their 4th pick of the draft grab a solid 2-way forward with some offensive potential in Knak
62Logo of the Boston Bruins-The Bruins with their first pick of the draft at the last spot of the 2nd round need more defenseman in the system. I think they go with the inconsistent but very talented Viro
Mar. 31, 2020 at 9:16 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
You wish Quinn falls to your lap... He won't and MTL would definitely take him instead of Gunler... Actually, I'd take anyone of Lundell, Sanderson, Holloway or Jarvis for that matter
Mar. 31, 2020 at 9:55 p.m.
No way sharks take a goalie in the second round, would be an awful reach
Mar. 31, 2020 at 10:29 p.m.
Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
Quoting: math731
You wish Quinn falls to your lap... He won't and MTL would definitely take him instead of Gunler... Actually, I'd take anyone of Lundell, Sanderson, Holloway or Jarvis for that matter

Bergevin would be nuts!! I like Quinn but on any other team Quinn wouldn't be putting up those types of numbers. If you look at any of his previous teams in any year he never produces at a clip like he is this year.
http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/
https://thehockeywriters.com/2020-nhl-draft-guide/ (Quinn is the 16th ranked forward)
https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/01/24/nhl-mock-draft-2020-lafreniere-leads-the-pack-of-prospects/

Most of the mock drafts you will see have Quinn NOWHERE before 17th overall. So thinking the Habs will take him 8th? Bergevin would lose his job before the 10th pick is chisen in the draft. The talent ahead of Quinn is mountains better.

PAPISHARK... The sharks are horrendous everywhere, but the class is rich with goaltenders this season and the Sharks need a goaltender. With guys like Gambrell, Meier, Couture, Hertl, & Lebanc they have enough young forwards to get by, and Karlsson, Ferraro, & Merkley they have some decent younger players to hold the fort as they don't plan on rebuilding. But they have zero in terms of goaltending, I mean nothing. Next year's draft is going to be one of the weakest drafts in a long time and the goaltending depth won't be nearly as good as this year's. So I don't think it would be a stretch to say the Sharks grab a goaltender with their 2nd pick, as it is the main reason they are where they are this year.
Mar. 31, 2020 at 10:53 p.m.
Wild and Badger fan here, I'd be OK with Holloway although he mainly plays LW and not center as you say. I'd rather take guy a guy like Mercer who is a much more natural center and is a bit flashier. We kind of need a center who can distribute the puck to Kaprizov and Fiala and Holloway plays a more selfish game (not a knock on him, but he tries to do things himself versus feeding off his teammates like Mercer).

For our 2nd round pick I'd take Marat Khusnutdinov over Simontaival. He plays in the polarizing MHL but he's sensational with the puck. Maybe one of my favorite prospects in the draft so color me biased but if he's there by the time we pick in the 2nd round I'll be banging my fist on the table for Guerin to take him.
Riddick19 liked this.
Apr. 1, 2020 at 5:10 a.m.
Detroit wouldn't take Raymond. He is in that 3rd tier with Rossi, Drysdale, Holtz and Perfetti. The 3 positions Detroit needs to address are center, left D and goalie.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll