6$6,000,000
5$6,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$4,000,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Perfetti, Cole
3$925,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Cirelli, Anthony$7,200,000
2021 1st round pick
2021 2nd round pick
2021 3rd round pick
Trades
MIN
ANA
  1. Parise, Zach
Additional Details:
Cbo
MIN
  1. Domi, Max [RFA Rights]
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$69,977,629$0$0$11,522,371
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,625,000$1,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
$1,487,500$1,487,500
C
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$785,000$785,000
G
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 3, 2020 at 4:27 p.m.
MIN should trade Kaprisov to the Caps for a 7th round pick. It's fair.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 4:28 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Why are kunin and donato on off wings
TanSor liked this.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 4:31 p.m.
Sabres fan here. I must say I like this team
Torontoleafs15 liked this.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 4:37 p.m.
If the OS for Cirelli went thought why bother with the MTL trade or the Parise CBO? It makes the team worse. Parise > Domi and Brodin > Edmundson.

Re-sign Soucy. and the d-corps are good.

Pay Chucky a lot less than Domi on a prove it deal as a bottom-6 line wing/center. Re-sign Koivu or call up Strum to play the 4C role.

If there is a CBO use it on Spurgeon (the worst contract) or Zucc (the 2nd worst contract).
TanSor and OutCold13 liked this.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 4:40 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I would think Montreal would only be interested in this if they knew they could sign Brodin otherwise I can't see them trading the RFA for UFA.

This team looks decent, should use the remaining cap space on maybe bringing Granlund back, looks like they could use another decent winger.
Torontoleafs15 liked this.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Donjuan316
Sabres fan here. I must say I like this team

Thx
Quoting: wabit
If the OS for Cirelli went thought why bother with the MTL trade or the Parise CBO? It makes the team worse. Parise > Domi and Brodin > Edmundson.

Pay Chucky a lot less than Domi on a prove it deal as a bottom-6 line wing/center. Re-sign Koivu or call up Strum to play the 4C role.

If there is a CBO use it on Spurgeon (the worst contract) or Zucc (the 2nd worst contract).

Would you be willing to buyout Zuc?

Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I would think Montreal would only be interested in this if they knew they could sign Brodin otherwise I can't see them trading the RFA for UFA.

This team looks decent, should use the remaining cap space on maybe bringing Granlund back, looks like they could use another decent winger.

Granlund is not having a good year. He would have to come in cheap
Apr. 3, 2020 at 5:01 p.m.
Quoting: Torontoleafs15
Thx

I'd want Spurgeon bought out before Zucc, but that's unlikely with him being the GM's first signing. Given a choice between Zucc and Parise, I'd buyout Zucc without thinking twice about it.
-Zucc has been an awful fit with the team; a worse fit than Vanek in Yeo's system even.
-Zucc is $4m more in real money.
-Parise can be LTIR(etired) with his med history whenever he wants. He would also be tradeable with a very low real money hit compared to a high AAV if there is a cheap owner if he LTIR his last couple of seasons.
-Parise is a grinder that scores mostly dirty goals. Even as his game falls off as he ages he'll still be a useful but very expensive bottom-6er.
-If you would have said a year ago that Parise would be the 3rd worst contract on the Wild I wouldn't have believed you.

No interest in bringing Granlund back for anything more than a I would give Chucky ($3.5m x 2).
TanSor liked this.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 5:13 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Torontoleafs15
Thx

Granlund was on a bit of a surge before the stoppage and yeah I think he will have to come in cheap relatively speaking, with this stoppage I'm thinking that some players are gonna have to take a reduction in salary in exchange for some term and in Granlund's case he likely wasn't getting a raise anyway. I think Granlund is gonna rebound and he'll likely be a good value deal, kinda think maybe it hasn't worked in Nashville cause new guys just don't seem to work in Nashville, Granlund isn't the first guy the Preds have acquired that just hasn't worked out for some reason, maybe it's the team/organization more then the player possibly.
Granlund had success in Minny and is 28 so not super old, seeing Staal and Zuccarello here makes me think they could use another middle 6 winger in case either seriously declines or Kaprizov takes some time to adapt to the North American game.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 5:46 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

-You buyout Parise cause he's 35 and signed for another 5 seasons at $7.5M, if there's a compliance buyout take advantage of it and move on from the biggest and oldest contract you have.
-You trade for Domi cause he's entering his prime and can be the 2C when Staal is done if not sooner, honestly he'd very likely be the 2C in 20-21 if this trade happened. Cirelli and Domi down the middle would be pretty decent and a lot younger, both are more of 2C's but no one trades 1C's.
-You trade Brodin to get Domi for the reasons stated above and to save from having to give Brodin a raise, there's plenty of dmen in free agency to offset moving Brodin but almost no centers.
-You sign Edmunson to offset moving Brodin, he's a LHD like Brodin and he'll be cheaper then Brodin will cost, if you don't like Brodin there's some other decent dmen available in free agency, pick one.
-You can probably still sign Soucy if all this happened
-Signing Galchenyuk is risky, if you can get Domi then no need for Galchenyuk
Apr. 3, 2020 at 6:01 p.m.
Granlund was on a bit of a surge before the stoppage and yeah I think he will have to come in cheap relatively speaking, with this stoppage I'm thinking that some players are gonna have to take a reduction in salary in exchange for some term and in Granlund's case he likely wasn't getting a raise anyway. I think Granlund is gonna rebound and he'll likely be a good value deal, kinda think maybe it hasn't worked in Nashville cause new guys just don't seem to work in Nashville, Granlund isn't the first guy the Preds have acquired that just hasn't worked out for some reason, maybe it's the team/organization more then the player possibly.
Granlund had success in Minny and is 28 so not super old, seeing Staal and Zuccarello here makes me think they could use another middle 6 winger in case either seriously declines or Kaprizov takes some time to adapt to the North American game.

I do think Granny is a good rebound candidate, but he did have about a season worth of games of pretty meh hockey.

For cheap I'd give him a chance, but really he's not needed by MN (as a LHS wing) and all of the FWDs he played with are gone (except Parise and Staal). So there isn't going to be a build in chemistry to fall back on by any means.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
-You buyout Parise cause he's 35 and signed for another 5 seasons at $7.5M, if there's a compliance buyout take advantage of it and move on from the biggest and oldest contract you have.
-You trade for Domi cause he's entering his prime and can be the 2C when Staal is done if not sooner, honestly he'd very likely be the 2C in 20-21 if this trade happened. Cirelli and Domi down the middle would be pretty decent and a lot younger, both are more of 2C's but no one trades 1C's.
-You trade Brodin to get Domi for the reasons stated above and to save from having to give Brodin a raise, there's plenty of dmen in free agency to offset moving Brodin but almost no centers.
-You sign Edmunson to offset moving Brodin, he's a LHD like Brodin and he'll be cheaper then Brodin will cost, if you don't like Brodin there's some other decent dmen available in free agency, pick one.
-You can probably still sign Soucy if all this happened
-Signing Galchenyuk is risky, if you can get Domi then no need for Galchenyuk

Domi spiked a good year at center, and didn't follow it up. He's a winger trying to play center to me (just like Granny was for a few years in MN). JEE will be the 2C next year for MN, he's been playing that role most of the season. There isn't a team in the league who wants to build around Domi as a top-6 center. Heck you could play Kunin at center (I think he's a wing too) if need be and maybe get similar results as having Domi there.

Well Spurgeon has the biggest and longest contract on the Wild (not worth it at all), he's 4 years younger but injury prone and I don't think he'll age well at all. Zucc makes $1.5m less and 1 year less than Parise, and a couple years younger, but Parise is easily worth $1.5m/yr more than Zucc.

Brodin was the Wild's best d-man last year. He's a guy you re-sign (Muzzin type of deal), then trade Dumba or CBO Spurgeon. If anything you keep him until the TDL next year then trade him if the season goes badly.

If you can sign Chucky; who has fit in and played well as the 3C in MN; for cheap there is no need to lose an asset like Brodin. Haula is another option as a UFA signing this summer. And who knows what's going to happen between now and when Staal's contract ends. Cap is strange this year, an expansion draft that teams will need to adjust for, maybe CBOs.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 7:46 p.m.
Hockey Fan13

I get the length of Spurgeons contract being a bit long, but I'm sure you agree is is a very good defenseman and defenseman seem to age better than forwards plus towards the end of the contract if the injuries to pile up Wild will likely be able to LTIR him and if they don't I wouldn't expect his game to fall off terribly.
On the other hand Wild must find a way to move on from Zuccarello.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 8:22 p.m.
Quoting: Paul13
I get the length of Spurgeons contract being a bit long, but I'm sure you agree is is a very good defenseman and defenseman seem to age better than forwards plus towards the end of the contract if the injuries to pile up Wild will likely be able to LTIR him and if they don't I wouldn't expect his game to fall off terribly.
On the other hand Wild must find a way to move on from Zuccarello.

He's a good d-man, yes; but he's not a $7.5m/yr d-man. He's not a shutdown d-man, he's not really an offensive d-man, and he can't carry a d-pairing. He's a complimentary d-man.

Some d-men age well others don't. I don't see Spurgeon aging well; too many injuries and he's a finesse player. Plus he has a full NMC for the expansion draft, and MN has too many d-men worth protecting. It'll force a Brodin/Dumba trade or lose one for nothing. I'd much rather have Brodin, Dumba, and Suter over Spurgeon, Suter, and one of Dumba/Brodin after next season. Spurgeon also has no tangible effect on the team. Their win/loss and points percentages are the same with his or without him in the lineup.

Zucc's contract is better than Spurgeon's because MN can afford to lose a FWD (Donato) in the expansion draft, it's shorter (only 2 years left as a full NMC), and he's cheaper. I want both their contracts gone. Big contracts to players 30+ are almost always bad ideas, they are getting paid for what they have done, not what they will do.
OutCold13 liked this.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 9:41 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Domi spiked a good year at center, and didn't follow it up. He's a winger trying to play center to me (just like Granny was for a few years in MN). JEE will be the 2C next year for MN, he's been playing that role most of the season. There isn't a team in the league who wants to build around Domi as a top-6 center. Heck you could play Kunin at center (I think he's a wing too) if need be and maybe get similar results as having Domi there.

Well Spurgeon has the biggest and longest contract on the Wild (not worth it at all), he's 4 years younger but injury prone and I don't think he'll age well at all. Zucc makes $1.5m less and 1 year less than Parise, and a couple years younger, but Parise is easily worth $1.5m/yr more than Zucc.

Brodin was the Wild's best d-man last year. He's a guy you re-sign (Muzzin type of deal), then trade Dumba or CBO Spurgeon. If anything you keep him until the TDL next year then trade him if the season goes badly.

If you can sign Chucky; who has fit in and played well as the 3C in MN; for cheap there is no need to lose an asset like Brodin. Haula is another option as a UFA signing this summer. And who knows what's going to happen between now and when Staal's contract ends. Cap is strange this year, an expansion draft that teams will need to adjust for, maybe CBOs.

Domi is totally a center, he'd be a great 2C for a lot of teams including the Wild.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 10:36 p.m.
Domi is totally a center, he'd be a great 2C for a lot of teams including the Wild.

No he wouldn't. He would be the 3C for every team in the Central next season. Even for the Wild: Staal is old, but he's still a much better center, JEE's d-zone/2-way game is going to get him big minutes against the other teams' top lines.

Heck Domi isn't more than a bandaide at 2C in MTL, it's why he's on the market to begin with.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll