$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LD
UFA - 7
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 3, 2020 at 6:52 p.m.
yikes that center core is bad
Apr. 3, 2020 at 6:54 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I just dont see Krug leaving boston he already said he would take a discount to play with them. If not hes probs gonna go to colorado or something.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 7:02 p.m.
Delete this
Apr. 3, 2020 at 7:05 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: aadoyle
I just dont see Krug leaving boston he already said he would take a discount to play with them. If not hes probs gonna go to colorado or something.

Krug isn't going to Colorado with Byram on the way. If he doesn't sign in Boston he'll more then likely be heading home to Detroit they can easily offer him the most money.
aedoran liked this.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 7:05 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: aadoyle

Krug isn't going to Colorado with Byram on the way. If he doesn't sign in Boston he'll more then likely be heading home to Detroit they can easily offer him the most money.
aedoran liked this.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 7:22 p.m.
Krug doesn't want to play in Canada
Apr. 3, 2020 at 9:00 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Wqrrior
yikes that center core is bad

Center core is fine
he builds lines for crap

Suzuki played well enough at Center that Habs started trade talks about Domi with MIN
He played better at center all year then Poehling or KK

Poehlings been converted to Wing most of the year playing kotkanemi's wing with Hudon after Evans call up in the AHL
Evans is a Wing primarily also but Laval's best Center both years he's been Pro including starting his first 3 months pro with a concussion.

KK could make 3rd line Center if you Re-sign Kovalchuk to mentor him and Thompson to play 4th Center .
Between Danault and Thompson they account for around 3000-3200/5000 faceoffs MTL averages .
That leaves lets say 1800 at worst for Suzuki and Kotkanemi to split with Domi and Drouin helping with Faceoffs (750,500,400 and 150 )

Its way easier to just fix the REALLY BAD lines though

Tatar-Danault-Gallager (line for 2 years now , dont seeing it breaking up for no reason )
Drouin-Domi-Armia
Lehkonen-Suzuki-Kovalchuk
Byron-Thompson-Evans
Weal

Krug-Petry
Chiarot-Weber
Mete-Fleury
Kulak

Price
Halak

That Center core can handle more then 5000 faceoffs we average before help from wingers.

-Danault was top 5 in the NHL in faceoffs this year. 3 years ago he entered full time center status going from top 50 year 1 ,to top 15 years 2 and top 5 year 3
-Domi's on a 2 year increase from 41% win rate to 49% win rate in the faceoff circle
-Suzuki his first year had 46% win rate in the faceoff circle starting out at first all over the place hot and cold then around Janurary became a regular and getting more volume as he took on a role at Center due to KK being sent down.
-Thompson averages 55% and can take up to 1000 faceoffs if needed while contributing on PK and depth scoring .

Poehling will be a Center one day maybe but he needs to learn to play a 200 foot game 1st as NCAA didnt prepare him for it at this level (atleast not as a power forward which is how we're expecting him to play)
Wqrrior liked this.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: ON3M4N
Krug doesn't want to play in Canada

i spent a good 10 minutes searching this last time you told me this on one of my posts
Turns out theres not 1 source saying that.

Now Ryan Miller you've said this about and there was sources
but Torey Krug's just looking for the most money and keeps talking about all his options
That says he hasnt ruled out Canada as there's less teams in USA that can pay what he wants then in Canada.
Non contenders can afford it but teams like WPG might see moving Byfluglien for Buyout to create cap for Krug.

CGY LD regulars in Brodie and Giordano is getting old
Hanafin and Krug can set them up for a while

MTL if they can and him moves out Mete to upgrade.

OTT deffinately had the cap and Krug-Chabot could be sharp (the tip of the spear so to speak)

EDM and VAN could make moves for it to work , its likely they wont though
EDM might have interest at the right cost if they can move out Russel and someone else(still less likely )

i think OTT would actually make the most sense if the owner wasnt a ****.
but if they win Lefreniere and he's leading that offense that's young /hungry along side Tkachuk and Brown.
Krug-Chabot on the back end would give some big offensive numbers(but OTT needs a goalie prospect for Anderson to train as once he's gone its hurting )

Ideally staying in BOS and taking less makes the most sense
he's already won a cup there why not try for 2 with Big Z
aedoran liked this.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
Quoting: Billy739
i spent a good 10 minutes searching this last time you told me this on one of my posts
Turns out theres not 1 source saying that.

Now Ryan Miller you've said this about and there was sources
but Torey Krug's just looking for the most money and keeps talking about all his options
That says he hasnt ruled out Canada as there's less teams in USA that can pay what he wants then in Canada.
Non contenders can afford it but teams like WPG might see moving Byfluglien for Buyout to create cap for Krug.

CGY LD regulars in Brodie and Giordano is getting old
Hanafin and Krug can set them up for a while

MTL if they can and him moves out Mete to upgrade.

OTT deffinately had the cap and Krug-Chabot could be sharp (the tip of the spear so to speak)

EDM and VAN could make moves for it to work , its likely they wont though
EDM might have interest at the right cost if they can move out Russel and someone else(still less likely )

i think OTT would actually make the most sense if the owner wasnt a ****.
but if they win Lefreniere and he's leading that offense that's young /hungry along side Tkachuk and Brown.
Krug-Chabot on the back end would give some big offensive numbers(but OTT needs a goalie prospect for Anderson to train as once he's gone its hurting )

Ideally staying in BOS and taking less makes the most sense
he's already won a cup there why not try for 2 with Big Z

Go look back at krugs comment when rumors with Edmonton came up. Those comments along with what I've heard from a few folks within the hockey world is why I say he doesnt want to play in Canada. Maybe he changes his mind for a stupid payday, but it doesn't sound likely.

Krug also didn't win a cup. He didn't sign until the end of the following season
aedoran liked this.
Apr. 3, 2020 at 10:36 p.m.
I looked for anything relating Krug not wanting to go Canada but he did say he give Boston a discount to stay. The only way I could see Krug leaving is if Boston won the Cup this season and management doesn't want sign to a big multiyear contract. Boston does have a couple of really promising D prospects. That was before The COVID -19 pandemic now I have no idea. If he does leave Boston I'm pretty sure Detroit is on his short list. Both he and his wife are both from Detroit and they met at Michigan State. He also has worked with Blashill when he was in The USHL. But who knows. I think Boston is only worried about getting Chara another cup before he retires and that most certainly involves Krug. If no cup is awarded this season Boston resigns Krug for how much and how long I have no clue.
Apr. 4, 2020 at 6:36 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: ON3M4N
Go look back at krugs comment when rumors with Edmonton came up. Those comments along with what I've heard from a few folks within the hockey world is why I say he doesnt want to play in Canada. Maybe he changes his mind for a stupid payday, but it doesn't sound likely.

Krug also didn't win a cup. He didn't sign until the end of the following season

burden of proof is on the guy making a comment that goes against all other sources .
i tried fact checking but the only thing i found was a comment in a reddit section .
nothing else and if you want me to believe you like with Miller you need to provide a source as you did with Miller.
This isnt that

Krug your right signed on after their cup , i was wrong there it was Mcquid that came up not Krug that year.
Still makes the most sense to take less to play with Biz Z as if nothing else he's been to two finals with BOS since.
Leaving for MTL at that cap screws everyone involved Longterm especially the 4/7 LD prospects 1-2 seasons from being Pro

Norlinder according to Victor Hedmans brother is a future #1 LD if developed in Europe and not rushed.
Romanov is a 3rd Generation Russian Legacy player who Grandfather/Mentor is basically the Stan Bowman of the KHL

Harris and Struble both solid players competing for 3rd pair sport and special teams
Where they are it will take them a few years of growth but they're projected top 4 guys.

Struble in particular has been compared to Shea Weber.
Shea Weber said in a Habs.com video after the draft that he's better then he was at that age at both sports.
I can imagine part of Strubles success is attributed to wanting to play with fellow BC native Shea Weber before he retires
(left Canadian Junior a year early to go to NCAA after a year end injury there created a spot in December and he produced at both ends)

Krug only makes sense for MTL on a 3 year deal at 9m
any longer term we cant pay more then 7.5m with no protection
its the only way we can move him out without snuffing out our RD offense .

More upside in buying Gostisbhere low is he's a RD with his career high coming as a top RD with Gudas who had lots of success together.
We can use Ghost on LD until there's no room in a 2nd pair position then switch him to RD when needed by which time Weber or Petry will be gone .
Krugs great , amazing even but to high of a cost and a pure LD who's game relies on his speed and like Subban once that's gone so will his offense .
We already signed one Subban level stupid deal , this one's a big ask although i'm sure Krug will go anywhere that's willing to over pay him with term well past his worth
Apr. 4, 2020 at 8:16 a.m.
Quoting: Billy739
burden of proof is on the guy making a comment that goes against all other sources .
i tried fact checking but the only thing i found was a comment in a reddit section .
nothing else and if you want me to believe you like with Miller you need to provide a source as you did with Miller.
This isnt that

Krug your right signed on after their cup , i was wrong there it was Mcquid that came up not Krug that year.
Still makes the most sense to take less to play with Biz Z as if nothing else he's been to two finals with BOS since.
Leaving for MTL at that cap screws everyone involved Longterm especially the 4/7 LD prospects 1-2 seasons from being Pro

Norlinder according to Victor Hedmans brother is a future #1 LD if developed in Europe and not rushed.
Romanov is a 3rd Generation Russian Legacy player who Grandfather/Mentor is basically the Stan Bowman of the KHL

Harris and Struble both solid players competing for 3rd pair sport and special teams
Where they are it will take them a few years of growth but they're projected top 4 guys.

Struble in particular has been compared to Shea Weber.
Shea Weber said in a Habs.com video after the draft that he's better then he was at that age at both sports.
I can imagine part of Strubles success is attributed to wanting to play with fellow BC native Shea Weber before he retires
(left Canadian Junior a year early to go to NCAA after a year end injury there created a spot in December and he produced at both ends)

Krug only makes sense for MTL on a 3 year deal at 9m
any longer term we cant pay more then 7.5m with no protection
its the only way we can move him out without snuffing out our RD offense .

More upside in buying Gostisbhere low is he's a RD with his career high coming as a top RD with Gudas who had lots of success together.
We can use Ghost on LD until there's no room in a 2nd pair position then switch him to RD when needed by which time Weber or Petry will be gone .
Krugs great , amazing even but to high of a cost and a pure LD who's game relies on his speed and like Subban once that's gone so will his offense .
We already signed one Subban level stupid deal , this one's a big ask although i'm sure Krug will go anywhere that's willing to over pay him with term well past his worth

I dont need to prove anything to you, because I couldn't care less if you believe me or not lol.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll