2$3,500,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Zub, Artyom
2$925,000
Trades
OTT
  1. Strome, Dylan [RFA Rights]
CHI
    What would Chicago be looking for in return? From Ottawa's perspective, I would want Chris Tierney going the other way, but obviously there would be more to the package.
    Buyouts
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the CBJ
    Logo of the DAL
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the CBJ
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$63,092,499$0$4,530,000$18,407,501
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C
    UFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,250,000$4,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$710,000$710K)
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 5
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,550,000$4,550,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 8
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,600,000$2,600,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
    LD/RD, LW
    RFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $700,000$700,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    Zub, Artyom
    $925,000$925,000
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $700,000$700,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,875,000$4,875,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 8:48 a.m.
    Brad Boyes please Wq
    To me a Guy like Chris Tierney and a offensive dman
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 9:04 a.m.
    Quoting: StoneFan

Would Tychonick fit the bill? Bit of a boom or bust prospect, but he's still incredibly talented, even though he was buried under a strong UND blueline. He's due to transfer this year so he's going to be given a huge opportunity wherever he ends up. Could be poised for a breakout season.

Maybe a mid round pick as well?

Tierney, Tychonick and a 2nd?
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 9:13 a.m.
    Subbanator
    Chicago cant let him go until they find out where they stand at the center ice position, with Dach and Strome they think they have thier 1 and 2 centers but it takes time for them to properly develop into that.
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 9:15 a.m.
    Brad Boyes please Wq
    Quoting: Claesson4Norris
    Would Tychonick fit the bill? Bit of a boom or bust prospect, but he's still incredibly talented, even though he was buried under a strong UND blueline. He's due to transfer this year so he's going to be given a huge opportunity wherever he ends up. Could be poised for a breakout season.

Maybe a mid round pick as well?

Tierney, Tychonick and a 2nd?

Dueable
    Claesson4Norris liked this.
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 9:25 a.m.
    Quoting: Subbanator7667
    Chicago cant let him go until they find out where they stand at the center ice position, with Dach and Strome they think they have thier 1 and 2 centers but it takes time for them to properly develop into that.

According to Friedman, Strome is available. And apparently the cost "is not particularly prohibitive".

I think they see Dach passing him in the future, and they don't want to pay his big RFA price tag for a guy who they see eventually being the 3rd C.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 9:33 a.m.
    Subbanator
    According to Friedman, Strome is available. And apparently the cost "is not particularly prohibitive".

I think they see Dach passing him in the future, and they don't want to pay his big RFA price tag for a guy who they see eventually being the 3rd C.

Hmmm then ya I'd say you're right in the price range then. Maybe they target one of Ottawas yound dmen like Thompson or something because they need better d prospects but dont know if Ottawa would meet that price.
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 9:39 a.m.
    Quoting: Subbanator7667
    Hmmm then ya I'd say you're right in the price range then. Maybe they target one of Ottawas yound dmen like Thompson or something because they need better d prospects but dont know if Ottawa would meet that price.

I mentioned above that Tychonick might be the guy. He has a high level of skill, but he's small and not the strongest defensively. He will either make it and be really good, or he'll never make it. I think he's going to have a big season next year.

Brannstrom, JBD and Thomson would not be in play, but Ottawa has four 2nd round picks.
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:56 a.m.
    exo2769
    Quoting: StoneFan

This issue with this isn't about how good Tychonick can be. He might be great. The issue is that this probably isn't what the Hawks would be looking for. The Hawks right now have (3) guys that THEY believe are NHLers that are on the 1st year of the ELC or about to start. We can argue whether they are or not, but the Hawks believe they have this more so than a true top 6 winger.

Just talking out loud. Maybe it's too much...maybe not. You tell me.

Strome and Koekkoek (I'll explain) - Tierney, Shane Pinto, OTT 2nd. I do think that's ALOT to ask for. BUT it's not too far off of @Claesson4Norris comment of Tierney, Tychonick, and a 2nd.

Strome is the prize in the trade. Not sure I need to explain more on him.

Koekkoek can be a very serviceable Dman that's cost controlled. He played really well for the Hawks last year and was stuck in TBL's defensive backlog for years. He never had a real chance despite being drafted #10 OA. OTT can take advantage of this situation because CHI needs to shed the number of Dmen they have. They want to give Ian Mitchell a TRUE shot at the NHL. That's how they'll get him to sign.

Tierney - is a lower ceiling version of Strome. He'd be the Hawks true #3C. does a good job at the dot and hopefully he'll sign a longer term deal for a reasonable contract. Otherwise it'll be arbitration and then a UFA. I hope it wouldn't come to that, but that's the downside of Tierney....leaving...

Shane Pinto - I think you've heard me on this band wagon already. I don't think he signs with OTT. That's my opinion. Sorry. It really doesn't have anything negative to do with OTT. It's all about...How many STUD prospects does OTT have? LOTS. Oh and (3) 1sts. If I'm Shane Pinto...my quickest path to the NHL is likely NOT going through Belleville. Fighting against all those other 1st rounders. It's likely putting my career into my own hands.

OTT 2nd - It clearly could be a different pick. It's just that (7) picks in the 1st (2) rounders. Wow that's incredible. OTT should try to use some of these in a trade @ the Draft. Picks are a premium at the draft. Players a premium @ the TDL. If you keep trading the appropriate pieces when they're at the "high" you should win in the long run.
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:17 a.m.
    Quoting: exo2769
    This issue with this isn't about how good Tychonick can be. He might be great. The issue is that this probably isn't what the Hawks would be looking for. The Hawks right now have (3) guys that THEY believe are NHLers that are on the 1st year of the ELC or about to start. We can argue whether they are or not, but the Hawks believe they have this more so than a true top 6 winger.

Just talking out loud. Maybe it's too much...maybe not. You tell me.

Strome and Koekkoek (I'll explain) - Tierney, Shane Pinto, OTT 2nd. I do think that's ALOT to ask for. BUT it's not too far off of @Claesson4Norris comment of Tierney, Tychonick, and a 2nd.

Strome is the prize in the trade. Not sure I need to explain more on him.

Koekkoek can be a very serviceable Dman that's cost controlled. He played really well for the Hawks last year and was stuck in TBL's defensive backlog for years. He never had a real chance despite being drafted #10 OA. OTT can take advantage of this situation because CHI needs to shed the number of Dmen they have. They want to give Ian Mitchell a TRUE shot at the NHL. That's how they'll get him to sign.

Tierney - is a lower ceiling version of Strome. He'd be the Hawks true #3C. does a good job at the dot and hopefully he'll sign a longer term deal for a reasonable contract. Otherwise it'll be arbitration and then a UFA. I hope it wouldn't come to that, but that's the downside of Tierney....leaving...

Shane Pinto - I think you've heard me on this band wagon already. I don't think he signs with OTT. That's my opinion. Sorry. It really doesn't have anything negative to do with OTT. It's all about...How many STUD prospects does OTT have? LOTS. Oh and (3) 1sts. If I'm Shane Pinto...my quickest path to the NHL is likely NOT going through Belleville. Fighting against all those other 1st rounders. It's likely putting my career into my own hands.

OTT 2nd - It clearly could be a different pick. It's just that (7) picks in the 1st (2) rounders. Wow that's incredible. OTT should try to use some of these in a trade @ the Draft. Picks are a premium at the draft. Players a premium @ the TDL. If you keep trading the appropriate pieces when they're at the "high" you should win in the long run.

I'm not trading Pinto at this point. I think he's going to find a spot for a long time in Ottawa.

I disagree entirely with your assessment that free agency is the quickest path to the NHL. that would mean he's three years at UND before that's even an option. Whereas in Ottawa, he's one more year max before he's turning pro, He might even go pro this summer, though I doubt it. By the time he turns pro as free agent, he could already be off of his ELC in Ottawa.

Also in terms of the Strome trade, I don't think it's smart to give one of our top prospects. I would rather trade one of our less valuable prospects, and add a 3rd or something if needed.

Tierney, Abramov and a 2nd and 3rd?

Also I like koekkoek (his cousin was my math teacher lol) but he's not more than a 7th d in Ottawa.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:28 a.m.
    exo2769
    I'm not trading Pinto at this point. I think he's going to find a spot for a long time in Ottawa.

I disagree entirely with your assessment that free agency is the quickest path to the NHL. that would mean he's three years at UND before that's even an option. Whereas in Ottawa, he's one more year max before he's turning pro, He might even go pro this summer, though I doubt it. By the time he turns pro as free agent, he could already be off of his ELC in Ottawa.

Also in terms of the Strome trade, I don't think it's smart to give one of our top prospects. I would rather trade one of our less valuable prospects, and add a 3rd or something if needed.

Tierney, Abramov and a 2nd and 3rd?

Also I like koekkoek (his cousin was my math teacher lol) but he's not more than a 7th d in Ottawa.

With regards to Shane Pinto, but even then...let's say he signs THIS SUMMER. He's still an RFA until he's 25 competing with an already stocked farm system and ELEVEN 1st/2nd rounders this year/next. Now the opposite, let's say he doesn't sign this summer. Then he has 2 years @ UND...vs 3+ with OTT and all the previous negatives (from HIS player development point of view) already mentioned.

***EDIT*** It's kind of ironic we're talking about Koekkoek. I didn't mean for this to happen, but Pinto's story can be the exact same and Koekkoek's story. Just no place for him on the NHL team. So, he gets low minutes or healthy scratch or Belleville. Where we both (I'm assuming) believe he has REAL NHL talent.
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:51 a.m.
    With regards to Shane Pinto, but even then...let's say he signs THIS SUMMER. He's still an RFA until he's 25 competing with an already stocked farm system and ELEVEN 1st/2nd rounders this year/next. Now the opposite, let's say he doesn't sign this summer. Then he has 2 years @ UND...vs 3+ with OTT and all the previous negatives (from HIS player development point of view) already mentioned.

***EDIT*** It's kind of ironic we're talking about Koekkoek. I didn't mean for this to happen, but Pinto's story can be the exact same and Koekkoek's story. Just no place for him on the NHL team. So, he gets low minutes or healthy scratch or Belleville. Where we both (I'm assuming) believe he has REAL NHL talent.

Koekkoek is a fringe NHL player. He was never quite good enough to push anyone out of the lineup. Pinto looks like he will be.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:57 a.m.
    exo2769
    Koekkoek is a fringe NHL player. He was never quite good enough to push anyone out of the lineup. Pinto looks like he will be.

I like Pinto! I'm not saying you're wrong AT ALL. What I'm saying is Koekkoek was a #10 OA pick and you're also probably correct that he wasn't quite good enough to push anyone out of that STOCKED defensive unit, but that's exactly my point. These kids have ONE career and if I'm that kid. I HAVE to be thinking what's the best position I can put myself in for success. It's why Kevin Hayes, Will Butcher, Vesey, the list goes on...stayed in college. As fans, we want all our prospects to play on our team. We're fans. I just don't think he specifically (unless this summer) is going to stay. There's just way too much risk from his point of view.
    Apr. 6, 2020 at 12:20 p.m.
    I like Pinto! I'm not saying you're wrong AT ALL. What I'm saying is Koekkoek was a #10 OA pick and you're also probably correct that he wasn't quite good enough to push anyone out of that STOCKED defensive unit, but that's exactly my point. These kids have ONE career and if I'm that kid. I HAVE to be thinking what's the best position I can put myself in for success. It's why Kevin Hayes, Will Butcher, Vesey, the list goes on...stayed in college. As fans, we want all our prospects to play on our team. We're fans. I just don't think he specifically (unless this summer) is going to stay. There's just way too much risk from his point of view.

Either way, that's not a decision you make when he's 19, coming off a wicked rookie season. That's a conversation you have when the time comes.
    exo2769 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll