Forums/Mock-Draft

My predictions W/O lottery

My predictions W/O lottery

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: OilersNation
Published: Apr. 6, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
Apr. 6, 2020 at 4:57 p.m.
Ottawa would be stupid to pass on Stutzle. You can find a thousand drysdales nowadays and having byfield and Stutzle is a great start to a contender. Nj needs a goal scorer and select Holtz meaning buffalo selects Perfetti and Habs take Quinn.
bunzy1034 liked this.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 4:58 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
solid job but I think there is no way the sens would pass on Stutzle at 3 because he can play center and wing. They have a bunch of D prospects and Chabot still
Apr. 6, 2020 at 5:28 p.m.
Trade is one for one
Quoting: bunzy1034
solid job but I think there is no way the sens would pass on Stutzle at 3 because he can play center and wing. They have a bunch of D prospects and Chabot still

I feel like there’s still an opening on the top pair right side in a couple years, though. Bernard-Docker and Thomson don’t appear to have that ability so I think Ottawa would be looking at Drysdale. He’s a game changing dman, from what I’ve read he has a superb breakout and has a strong game sense; exactly what GM’s are looking at nowadays. He would fit perfectly into that #1 dman spot and I just don’t think they can pass him up there.
bunzy1034 liked this.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 5:32 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
Quoting: OilersNation
I feel like there’s still an opening on the top pair right side in a couple years, though. Bernard-Docker and Thomson don’t appear to have that ability so I think Ottawa would be looking at Drysdale. He’s a game changing dman, from what I’ve read he has a superb breakout and has a strong game sense; exactly what GM’s are looking at nowadays. He would fit perfectly into that #1 dman spot and I just don’t think they can pass him up there.

I do see your point but I have to respectfully disagree. I think Stutzle has sky high potential, like around this year Panarin level
OilersNation liked this.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 5:39 p.m.
Trade is one for one
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
Ottawa would be stupid to pass on Stutzle. You can find a thousand drysdales nowadays and having byfield and Stutzle is a great start to a contender. Nj needs a goal scorer and select Holtz meaning buffalo selects Perfetti and Habs take Quinn.

I think Ottawa already have a strong centre core if they took Byfield; Byfield, Brown and White. So I think it’s more about assets at that point over best player available and there’s still that gap on the top pair RD that Ottawa still needs. If anything, I think Holtz drops; his speed really deteriorates his value from going at number 6 over Raymond. In fact it was almost to the point where I put Jarvis or Quinn at number 7 over him.
bunzy1034 liked this.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.
Trade is one for one
Quoting: bunzy1034
I do see your point but I have to respectfully disagree. I think Stutzle has sky high potential, like around this year Panarin level

I don’t disagree with Stutzle’s potential but I think the C prospect cupboard is already filled for Ottawa if they selected Byfield. Pinto, Norris, Brown, and a young C in White. Maybe Raymond, or Quinn could work at that spot but even then I’m not sure.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: OilersNation
I think Ottawa already have a strong centre core if they took Byfield; Byfield, Brown and White. So I think it’s more about assets at that point over best player available and there’s still that gap on the top pair RD that Ottawa still needs. If anything, I think Holtz drops; his speed really deteriorates his value from going at number 6 over Raymond. In fact it was almost to the point where I put Jarvis or Quinn at number 7 over him.

Holtz has fine skating for a goal scorer. They don’t need to be as fast as playmakers and especially small ones.people still se him as the top goal scorer. Ottawa has nice centre depth but none anywhere close to Stutzle. And even if you move him to the wing he’s still fantastic. You need multiple stars if your gonna win a cup. Drysdale is fine but if you look year after year there are 4 guys just him. Byram,hughes,Makar,York and next year their are more like him. He’s good but not special
Apr. 6, 2020 at 8:11 p.m.
Holtz has fine skating for a goal scorer. They don’t need to be as fast as playmakers and especially small ones.people still se him as the top goal scorer. Ottawa has nice centre depth but none anywhere close to Stutzle. And even if you move him to the wing he’s still fantastic. You need multiple stars if your gonna win a cup. Drysdale is fine but if you look year after year there are 4 guys just him. Byram,hughes,Makar,York and next year their are more like him. He’s good but not special

Um, that's like 1 per year, not 4. And Drysdale is considered better then Byram while York isn't in the same class. So while I can see the reasons for Ottawa to go both ways (2 forwards or 1 center + Drysdale), there certainly is no reason not to draft Drysdale if he's available for their 2nd pick. He's a special player.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
Quoting: CD282
Um, that's like 1 per year, not 4. And Drysdale is considered better then Byram while York isn't in the same class. So while I can see the reasons for Ottawa to go both ways (2 forwards or 1 center + Drysdale), there certainly is no reason not to draft Drysdale if he's available for their 2nd pick. He's a special player.

I was using examples of small puck movers who can skate and do just as good a job or better. Since you asked,Romanov,Seider,chabot,Thomas Harley,soderstom,bränstrom,Rasmus Sandinista...he doesn’t bring anything to the table that you can’t easily find.Moritz Seider last year is special. Drysdale is one of many
Apr. 7, 2020 at 8:26 a.m.
I was using examples of small puck movers who can skate and do just as good a job or better. Since you asked,Romanov,Seider,chabot,Thomas Harley,soderstom,bränstrom,Rasmus Sandinista...he doesn’t bring anything to the table that you can’t easily find.Moritz Seider last year is special. Drysdale is one of many

Chabot is about the only player listed that fits the mold... and the 1-per-year hypothesis. But even if there were 4 of these guys available every year, the very same argument could be made about forwards: there are 6-7 top-10 forwards available every year, why draft 2 this year when you can wait until next year?? Its a pretty dumb argument, you have to admit. Drysdale is a special player (4th overall on McKenzie's mid-season list), so for Ottawa to select him with their 2nd pick makes complete sense. I couldn't fault them for selecting Byfield + Stutzle if they have #2 and #3, but doing do is not a given.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 12:01 p.m.
Cal Peterson is taking over the King's net next year. He's 25, so the Kings are hoping for 5-6 good years out of him. Villalta (AHL), Ingham (OHL), and Parik (WHL) are all under 20 and playing very well in their respective leagues.

There's 0% chance that LA uses a top 5 pick on a goalie in the deepest draft since 2015. Their offensive pipeline is very good, but they are still looking for a surefire winger to slot on the top line. Kaliyev COULD be that guy, and us Kings fans hope he is. But they want depth on the wing to go with their depth down the middle.

LA is looking to change the theme of their game. Known as the defensive powerhouse of the decade, LA brass wants to change to a more "exciting brand of hockey" according to Rob Blake and Lucky Luc. In this scenario, the Kings will not pass up on Stutzle. And even if they did, it would be for one of the sniper wingers, not a goaltender. As even more evidence of a Stutzle pick, the Kings LOVE forwards that can be dual threats on center and wing. Thomas, Kupari, Vilardi, Kempe, Carter, JAD. Their only two "true" centers at the moment are Kopitar and Turcotte. I have a feeling they turn Vilardi into one as well, but he's an option on the right wing for them at the moment.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 2:01 p.m.
Chabot is about the only player listed that fits the mold... and the 1-per-year hypothesis. But even if there were 4 of these guys available every year, the very same argument could be made about forwards: there are 6-7 top-10 forwards available every year, why draft 2 this year when you can wait until next year?? Its a pretty dumb argument, you have to admit. Drysdale is a special player (4th overall on McKenzie's mid-season list), so for Ottawa to select him with their 2nd pick makes complete sense. I couldn't fault them for selecting Byfield + Stutzle if they have #2 and #3, but doing do is not a given.

All of those guys fit the mould of defensemen who can move the puck and skate well. He’s not special. Also their are 6-7 top forwards but not elite. Stutzle is better than everyone last year and so is byfield and Lafrenière. Next year outside of #1 you probably won’t find that talent. All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t want him to be my number one defensemen and people are overhyping him. That’s all
Apr. 7, 2020 at 2:53 p.m.
All of those guys fit the mould of defensemen who can move the puck and skate well. He’s not special. Also their are 6-7 top forwards but not elite. Stutzle is better than everyone last year and so is byfield and Lafrenière. Next year outside of #1 you probably won’t find that talent. All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t want him to be my number one defensemen and people are overhyping him. That’s all

Chabot is the #1 defenseman on Ottawa. I thought everyone knew that.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
Chabot is the #1 defenseman on Ottawa. I thought everyone knew that.

Yes,
So your wasting the third overall pick on your number two defensemen.
Not real smart
Apr. 7, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
Yes,
So your wasting the third overall pick on your number two defensemen.
Not real smart

Lots of scouts are comparing Drysdale to Makar. Is that really a "waste"?
Apr. 7, 2020 at 3:25 p.m.
Lots of scouts are comparing Drysdale to Makar. Is that really a "waste"?

He’s no Makar and yes waste when you can pick Stutzle. If you like him you like him. I don’t, and especially ahead of Stutzle.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 3:47 p.m.
He’s no Makar and yes waste when you can pick Stutzle. If you like him you like him. I don’t, and especially ahead of Stutzle.

I didn't say I would pick him ahead of Stutzle, just that I could understand Ottawa doing do if they had the #2 pick as well. It's not a far fetched idea.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 3:58 p.m.
I didn't say I would pick him ahead of Stutzle, just that I could understand Ottawa doing do if they had the #2 pick as well. It's not a far fetched idea.

I think it’s not even a question. You build some really nice forward core and down the middle with Stutzle and byfield. Then you draft Schneider or guhle to build a strong d core. Now all you need is goaltending and you have a f****** scary team who can score and defend and play physical
Apr. 7, 2020 at 4:10 p.m.
I think it’s not even a question. You build some really nice forward core and down the middle with Stutzle and byfield. Then you draft Schneider or guhle to build a strong d core. Now all you need is goaltending and you have a f****** scary team who can score and defend and play physical

I suggested this to a Sens fan last week (Byfield + Rossi I think) and they disagreed. They said the Sens are already set at center except for a 1C, and that they needed to bolster their defense.

*shrugs*

Not my problem, but I can fathom them going either way. This is somehow a huge issue for you, I think you need to let go a bit.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 4:14 p.m.
I suggested this to a Sens fan last week (Byfield + Rossi I think) and they disagreed. They said the Sens are already set at center except for a 1C, and that they needed to bolster their defense.

*shrugs*

Not my problem, but I can fathom them going either way. This is somehow a huge issue for you, I think you need to let go a bit.

They don’t have anyone good. I am going crazy responding to everyone cuz I have nothing else to do. I respond to everyone I disagree with to provide my thoughts and entertain myself and them.
I don’t think they should skip Stutzle but you seem frustrated so, I have my thoughts and you have your
Have fun
Apr. 7, 2020 at 4:29 p.m.
They don’t have anyone good. I am going crazy responding to everyone cuz I have nothing else to do. I respond to everyone I disagree with to provide my thoughts and entertain myself and them.
I don’t think they should skip Stutzle but you seem frustrated so, I have my thoughts and you have your
Have fun

laugh

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll