SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Most realistic (everything is based on team needs and draft stock)

Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:17 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
Barron is **** defensively, I’m not a huge fan of analytics but man he’s ****, and the eye ball tests ain’t great either. Quinn is 6 for button and 10 on Sams list for Sportsnet

I remember when Barron was supposed to be the 2nd best D man in this draft at the beginning of the year. And he’s much more offensive
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:17 p.m.
Quoting: Leemer
Habs will take the best player available - if that happens to be a Centre so be it but it is unlikely to be Askarov - taking a lesson from how Suzuki developed they should lean toward a player like Perfetti if the two Swedes get taken followed by Lundell and then Rossi IMO

You can’t count out kk as a number one centre he’s 19. Also we have TOO MANY SMALL PLAYMAKERS. we need a good goal scorer.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:19 p.m.
Quoting: csick
I think there’s only 2 guys that can be elite 1C imo in Stutzle and Byfield. I think Rossi, Perfetti, Lundell etc can be 1C but that’s only if you consider guys like Scheifele, Monahan, Bergeron as true 1Cs.

And I can’t count kk out just yet as a good 1c. Not elite but good
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:20 p.m.
I remember when Barron was supposed to be the 2nd best D man in this draft at the beginning of the year. And he’s much more offensive

He’s not great at anything. I’d take Sanderson,Schneider,guhle,wallinder and poirier way before this kid
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:20 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Quoting: YungGoat
Thank you, and I only see Montreal going with a center because of the Kotkaniemi fiasco and the fact that most of their centers are wingers

KK Played most of the year with an injured groin likely from trying to add weight and get bigger - it’s a stretch to call him a fiasco at this point and drafting is always a hindsight crap shoot - I think Jesper will turn out just fine - he’s only 19 - 20 in July and only 1 1/2 seasons playing on smaller ice surface
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:21 p.m.
KFTW
And I can’t count kk out just yet as a good 1c. Not elite but good

I think people confuse what a 1C actually is. Cuz there’s 1C that are forced to play 1C and because they play with elite wingers get more points than usual. Monahan is an example of that. Turris was an example of that in Ottawa. They’d be very good 2C driving play but they can’t carry a 1st line but they could be carried. I think there’s only a handful of really elite 1Cs
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:22 p.m.
KK Played most of the year with an injured groin likely from trying to add weight and get bigger - it’s a stretch to call him a fiasco at this point and drafting is always a hindsight crap shoot - I think Jesper will turn out just fine - he’s only 19 - 20 in July and only 1 1/2 seasons playing on smaller ice surface

Thank you,
Finally someone who isn’t ready to label a 19 years old as a bust. Imagine if all gms gave up on guys at 19
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:24 p.m.
I think people confuse what a 1C actually is. Cuz there’s 1C that are forced to play 1C and because they play with elite wingers get more points than usual. Monahan is an example of that. Turris was an example of that in Ottawa. They’d be very good 2C driving play but they can’t carry a 1st line but they could be carried. I think there’s only a handful of really elite 1Cs

Where would you place Bergeron and scheifle. Cause I’d say they are good 1c but not elite. And that’s where I think kk could be.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:30 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
He’s not great at anything. I’d take Sanderson,Schneider,guhle,wallinder and poirier way before this kid

Agree - I’m not big on Barron either - if I look at his progression from 2018 to 2019 (1/2 games played), he didn’t step up much and while plus / minus can be misleading, I don’t think he’s great defensively either in games I caught clips of
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:35 p.m.
Agree - I’m not big on Barron either - if I look at his progression from 2018 to 2019 (1/2 games played), he didn’t step up much and while plus / minus can be misleading, I don’t think he’s great defensively either in games I caught clips of

I caught one of your comments from earlier regarding Quinn. Yes I can believe that his stats are inflated as well as Rossi. I have to revert to the eye ball test for Quinn. He skates well, has good hands and is a decent passer. He also has a very good shot. I’d just like the Habs to draft him because all we have and have had for the last two decades is SMALL PLAYMAKERS. could it be a stretch maybe but when button(whether you like him or not) and Sam form Sportsnet have him top 10, I think and would like the Habs to draft him. I just don’t want to get another tiny playmaker, and watch Quinn go out there and score 40 goals year in and out
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:58 p.m.
Quoting: YungGoat
I could see Rossi def going higher but i just think he will drop to 6-12 because of taking into account who he played with in Ottawa

makes sense. everyone had zadina at 3 until he fell to 6. rossi size might scare teams from selecting him in the top 7-8
Apr. 7, 2020 at 4:07 p.m.
The Goat
Quoting: kafle22
If i was the oilers, I would pick bourque or jarvis

Edmonton could use a big body though, like what they tried to get in Lucic, and Cuylle looks like he has some good offensive upside so

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll