Created By: STLBlues17
Published: Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:27 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks
  2. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings
  3. Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-BPA
2Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I think Stevie returns to Germany and he might be bpa as well
3Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Botts loves size and Byfield would definitely be there man
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-BPA just chilling in their backyard
5Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksHot-take, but I think the sens swing on him
6Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Kings get an absolute steal as they build their sick group
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Probably the bpa and also njd could use a top pair defenseman to go with smith
8Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Habs get their sniper and he’s probably a steal at this range
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Hawks grab their goalie of the future and askarov terrorizes me for a decade
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesCould drop a little due to his perceived ceiling being lower, but this could build NJD a dominant center group
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-I think Amirov is gonna go way higher than where people think and it’s probably justified as well. Super well rounded player with a high ceiling that I think minny pounces on
12Logo of the Nashville Predators-Not sold on him but I think the preds take the high-end scoring talent
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida is going D all the way and Sanderson might be the best player in this spot
14Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Canucks will love Zary and he’ll fit in great behind Petey
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-Holloway is a nice well rounded player and an Alberta native. Should be a nice fit for Calgary
16Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers are pretty deep everywhere and can afford to swing on the 40 goal potential
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-I’ll laugh at this pick, but jets need D and he’s from Manitoba
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersOttawa goes d with its third pick. I don’t love Guhle but this might be a good fit
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Probably the best available at this point, he’s real good but he might drop I think
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsVery high ceiling but a bit underrated due to playing in a eruo junior league. Would be a good canes pick
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesI think Jarvis drops a bit and the rangers will capitalize
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-Sometimes electrifying and Dallas could use a forward or two in the system
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Think he goes around here, Oilers seem like a fit and I bet he’ll pop in a bunch of goals with connor
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-I love the way Vegas drafts and I think they’ll swing on the insane potential
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBourque is really talented and I think this’ll be a good range for him. Minny is low key building a nice group of prospects
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Realistically should go way earlier, but I think he’ll end up around here
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-Kind of like a worse version of quinn but could be a nice fit on Washington
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningAndrae is damn good and could help replenish the sharks depleted d
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Nybeck is damn good and should compliment a string Colorado group
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Blues system is really depleted and I think Reichel is probably the best bet at a top-6 forward in this range
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsBig, nasty, and actually very talented. Not a high ceiling, but he could help the bruins very soon
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
32Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Sick sick player but probably falls due to lack of exposure. Definitely seems like a yzerman pick
33Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa takes the massive homerun swing
34Logo of the San Jose Sharks-High ceiling player that the sharks will need going forward
35Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Love Cormier but I bet he slips, definitely could be a steal for a team with such a deep talent pool
36Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Not a fan of Barron, but if they don’t get drysdale I think they’ll go do the other high end canadien d
37Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the New Jersey DevilsNashville goes d with their second pick and I think grans has a nice ceiling
38Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Seems like he’d be a nice fit here, hopefully botts doesn’t go for d
39Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Habs grab another talented Finnish center. Feels like a nice fit here
40Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksAll around solid player who I think would make a good Hab
41Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Draft Pick ForfeitedI really like niemela and he kinda fits the soderstrom profile that chayka clearly loves
42Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Really solid defenseman who might surprise with how high he’ll go. Would be a solid wild
43Logo of the Nashville Predators-Great track record this year and I think another strong, no nonsense pick that the preds seem to make
44Logo of the Florida Panthers-Shakir is simply not good, I bet tallon galaxy brains it
45Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksGood player albeit a low ceiling, I think this is a pretty nice fit
46Logo of the Calgary Flames-Super skilled player who fits the mold that Calgary has targeted recently
47Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the New York RangersLove this guy and he seems like the type of undervalued player the canes jump on
48Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Good player and the jets have had a lot of luck with Finns recently
49Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersGreat junior player but I think he’s probably a depth guy
50Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsKind of fits the pinto mold, could be a nice pick at this point
51Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Really talented player who probably goes higher, could be another steal in this range for Toronto
52Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Nice well rounded defender and another Finn in Raleigh
53Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Dallas StarsNot really that impressive of a player, but I bet Ottawa does at least one head scratcher
54Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton OilersProbably the best player in this range
55Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsGreat underlying numbers this year and I imagine he could be a steal
56Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPretty solid player, good bet in this range
57Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-idrk, seems like a flyer type pick
58Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsKind of like Marat, definitely a steal if he goes this late
59Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Nice player who probably goes earlier
60Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Colorado AvalancheHad a nice season and seems like the profile the sharks would look at
61Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the St. Louis BluesThis will be a steal and would be sick for the Habs
62Logo of the Boston Bruins-Really like how he plays, would be a good bet
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:48 p.m.
Very solid draft. Don’t think Perfetti is a swing at all
Nj already has hughes and Hischier so they need a goal scorer. And if they draft Drysdale they probably draft Quinn.
And Holloway with Tkachuk could be scary
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:56 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
Very solid draft. Don’t think Perfetti is a swing at all
Nj already has hughes and Hischier so they need a goal scorer. And if they draft Drysdale they probably draft Quinn.
And Holloway with Tkachuk could be scary

They could definitely go with Quinn considering how many 67’s they already have, I just don’t think he’s as good as Lundell and when you’re that high in the draft I wouldn’t play around.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 10:57 p.m.
Sharks would be insane to take a D with Hendrix Lapierre right there in our laps
Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:00 p.m.
Quoting: STLBlues17
They could definitely go with Quinn considering how many 67’s they already have, I just don’t think he’s as good as Lundell and when you’re that high in the draft I wouldn’t play around.

Understood, just ur drafting Lundell to be third line centre? If not ur paying Hischier 7 mill to be third line centre?if not hughes is third line centre and was picked first overall. You don’t trade hughes to get Lundell and good luck moving Hischier. Finally you move hughes to the wing? You still don’t have a sniper and hughes is a waste of talent on the wing.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:04 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: papishark
Sharks would be insane to take a D with Hendrix Lapierre right there in our laps

Not sure the sharks are a team that wants to be taking risks that big but if you do your homework and know his health status... go for it
Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:10 p.m.
Sam
Understood, just ur drafting Lundell to be third line centre? If not ur paying Hischier 7 mill to be third line centre?if not hughes is third line centre and was picked first overall. You don’t trade hughes to get Lundell and good luck moving Hischier. Finally you move hughes to the wing? You still don’t have a sniper and hughes is a waste of talent on the wing.

Idk, Quinn at 10th still seems way too rich for me. I think he’s good, but I also think there’s players in that range who’ll be a lot better than he is.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:12 p.m.
Idk, Quinn at 10th still seems way too rich for me. I think he’s good, but I also think there’s players in that range who’ll be a lot better than he is.

Quinn is a great goal scorer. I like him a lot. He has tools that most players don’t. And especially for teams like mtl and nj who desperately need a sniper
Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:18 p.m.
Sam
Quinn is a great goal scorer. I like him a lot. He has tools that most players don’t. And especially for teams like mtl and nj who desperately need a sniper

I’m still sleepy very well could be wrong
Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:26 p.m.
Not sure the sharks are a team that wants to be taking risks that big but if you do your homework and know his health status... go for it

Sharks are big on risks right now. We took Merkley in 2018, then Hamaliuk in 2019
JumboJoe liked this.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: papishark
Sharks are big on risks right now. We took Merkley in 2018, then Hamaliuk in 2019

Yeah maybe you’re right, I just think this is a pick where you need to get someone. Maybe Reichel or Nybeck are players that make sense.
JumboJoe liked this.
Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:50 p.m.
Yeah maybe you’re right, I just think this is a pick where you need to get someone. Maybe Reichel or Nybeck are players that make sense.

True. I dont think they take a D though unless someone like Sanderson dropped
Apr. 6, 2020 at 11:57 p.m.
This is quite impressive good job.
STLBlues17 liked this.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 12:18 a.m.
Sam
Quoting: aedoran
This is quite impressive good job.

Thank you my friend
Apr. 7, 2020 at 12:30 a.m.
Go Sharks Go

Agreed. Reichel is probably my favorite pick for someone that i'm confident will be available when it's our turn to pick.
STLBlues17 liked this.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 11:26 a.m.
Evans truther
Very nice morning read @STLBlues17 !
My take on Montreal's picks; If the early picks go as you've put them I think there's no other way to go than Holtz (BPA on the board). He's not my favorite one but my 7 better guys are already off the board so I'll still be pleased with the pick.
Hirvonen most likely ends up as a LW in the NHL and I don't think we go get another undersized winger at this point. The Canadiens needs to start taking swings at RD (Weber getting older and Petry on his final contract year) and at this stage could go after boom or bust prospect, my pick there would be Niemelä as he hasn't burned any league he've played in yet but he's been promoted quickly from a league to another so floor and ceiling are still pretty vague.
Neighbours will be our next Gallagher, even at his size he isn't afraid to go around the crease to get his goals. Perfect fit in Montreal, steady progression in his three (Two and a bit) WHL years. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a late first rounder but would be happy if he falls on our lap.
To be fair if in the mid/late 40's I see that not only Bordeleau but also Tuch's still on the board i trade up, no questions asked. We have lots of draft capital that could easily be invested with our 61OA pick to make it a mid 40 / early 50. Any of those two guys at this spot and I'll be estatic. To be honest have no idea who's Johannesson but I think we're sent for now at LD prospects (Especially with Struble already being our long term project). Could see a trade with Winnipeg as they do not own a 3rd or 4th so trading back to gain more picks could be good for them, 48OA for 61OA and 105OA (4th). This trade's comparable to MTL-Kings at the 2019 draft.
STLBlues17 liked this.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 11:38 a.m.
KFTW
I doubt Ottawa takes Rossi and Perfetti in this scenario. Maybe one of them and then take one of the Swedes or Drysdale
Apr. 7, 2020 at 12:06 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: ColonelX
Very nice morning read @STLBlues17 !
My take on Montreal's picks; If the early picks go as you've put them I think there's no other way to go than Holtz (BPA on the board). He's not my favorite one but my 7 better guys are already off the board so I'll still be pleased with the pick.
Hirvonen most likely ends up as a LW in the NHL and I don't think we go get another undersized winger at this point. The Canadiens needs to start taking swings at RD (Weber getting older and Petry on his final contract year) and at this stage could go after boom or bust prospect, my pick there would be Niemelä as he hasn't burned any league he've played in yet but he's been promoted quickly from a league to another so floor and ceiling are still pretty vague.
Neighbours will be our next Gallagher, even at his size he isn't afraid to go around the crease to get his goals. Perfect fit in Montreal, steady progression in his three (Two and a bit) WHL years. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a late first rounder but would be happy if he falls on our lap.
To be fair if in the mid/late 40's I see that not only Bordeleau but also Tuch's still on the board i trade up, no questions asked. We have lots of draft capital that could easily be invested with our 61OA pick to make it a mid 40 / early 50. Any of those two guys at this spot and I'll be estatic. To be honest have no idea who's Johannesson but I think we're sent for now at LD prospects (Especially with Struble already being our long term project). Could see a trade with Winnipeg as they do not own a 3rd or 4th so trading back to gain more picks could be good for them, 48OA for 61OA and 105OA (4th). This trade's comparable to MTL-Kings at the 2019 draft.

That all definitely makes sense, but on Johannesson: if he stayed healthy the last two years, I guarantee that he would be the top EU defenseman and maybe a top-15 pick.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 12:06 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: csick
I doubt Ottawa takes Rossi and Perfetti in this scenario. Maybe one of them and then take one of the Swedes or Drysdale

Raymond and Rossi would be ideal

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll