Published: Apr. 7, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes
  3. Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Easy
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Easy
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Ducks take a bit of a reach to get the guy they need, solidifies theD core for the foreseeable future
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-This ones a toss up. They probably take Stutzle, but I think the best winger is what they really need
5Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksEasy pick for Ottawa,BPA
6Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Kings really wanted a D, but no sense in reaching that far
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-They do not need a center, so they take what makes the most sense to not blockthe development of Hughes and Hicher
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Sabres miss out on all the wingers and go BPA
9Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-MTL gets another fin to add to the roster, and this time a future1C. They may end up with the best center depth in the NHL
10Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-They dont have any good goalie prospects and traded Lehner.This is a no brainer for them
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Its a reach yes, but they need him and everyone knows it
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-I honestly dont know what the canucks need, but a top 6 RW never hurts
13Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nash's best prospects are a center and a D, and also they have too many centers at the NHL level already, getting a winger to balance out makes sense
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-Easy choice for Florida who needs centers badly
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-Flames fans should rejoice as Holloway is BPA and fell
16Logo of the New York Rangers-They need to take this risk. NY needs a 1C out of this draft and he has a chance at it
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Right handed D is a huge need for the jets, so here they get a very steady one that will anchor them
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersSens have two forwards, so grab a D
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Need everything get BPA
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsD needed
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesRangers like Russians and want to reinforce the core
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-They have someone in every position, but a young RW could work wonders
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Maybe a replacement for Nuge when he leaves?
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Knights need a D
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsGrab a center
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Talented winger
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-A high risk pick for the caps, just how they like it
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningLower risk pick for the sharks, but provides an almost ready top 6 forward that fits the sharks style
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-BPA
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Canadian center to develop
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsSkilled winger
Apr. 7, 2020 at 3:17 p.m.
Let me know what you think, I dont know some teams needs as well as others so guesses
Apr. 7, 2020 at 3:34 p.m.
Quoting: papishark
Let me know what you think, I dont know some teams needs as well as others so guesses

I don’t think the Habs should give up on kk just yet. So I’d like them to get Quinn. Gunler is a huge risk at 12 due to inconsistency. Barron is worse than poirier and guhle
Other than that solid draft
Apr. 7, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
We need a 1C a million times more than Sanderson. I'd take Mercer over Sanderson every time if given the opportunity. Otherwise you have Rossi falling to 8, I'd call up Fitzgerald and offer him 11+ for 7 and select Rossi at 7 if I'm Guerin
Apr. 7, 2020 at 3:38 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
We need a 1C a million times more than Sanderson. I'd take Mercer over Sanderson every time if given the opportunity. Otherwise you have Rossi falling to 8, I'd call up Fitzgerald and offer him 11+ for 7 and select Rossi at 7 if I'm Guerin

Interesting. I thought for sure Min would want a D
Apr. 7, 2020 at 3:43 p.m.
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
I don’t think the Habs should give up on kk just yet. So I’d like them to get Quinn. Gunler is a huge risk at 12 due to inconsistency. Barron is worse than poirier and guhle
Other than that solid draft

Quinn is overrated because he played with Marco Rossi
Apr. 7, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Quoting: yanp007
Quinn is overrated because he played with Marco Rossi

They only played together on the power play. Also look at highlights, most of his goals are him moving around the d and sniping. He’s got everything. Hands, shot with power and accuracy, and he can skate
csick liked this.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 4:08 p.m.
Quoting: papishark
Interesting. I thought for sure Min would want a D

No thanks. We have Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba, Soucy on our NHL roster that are all top 4 D, and at least 3 if not 4 are top pairing quality D. In our system we have Addison, Mennell, Belpedio, and Warren who all could be 2nd pairing D someday, and we have both Johansson's and Gordeev who could be depth D for us. Our only top 6 NHL center is Staal, and I expect him to show his age soon. In our system we have only have Khovanov who does look really good but may be a winger in the NHL. Beckman and Boldy both played wing primarily this year, and both are likely wingers in the NHL (Boldy played a bit at center but had 17 points in 11 games after moving to the wing). We have to draft a center either at our pick or move up and take one. I'd even argue we should take two in the first round assuming we keep both picks. I'd be OK with a D at 25, but not at 11.
csick liked this.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 5:16 p.m.
KFTW
They only played together on the power play. Also look at highlights, most of his goals are him moving around the d and sniping. He’s got everything. Hands, shot with power and accuracy, and he can skate

I love Quinn but Kotkaniemi and Lundell together would be elite on both ends
papishark liked this.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 5:23 p.m.
Quoting: csick
I love Quinn but Kotkaniemi and Lundell together would be elite on both ends

Okay but can kk play the wing? Also we still would have trouble scoring
Apr. 7, 2020 at 5:25 p.m.
KFTW
Okay but can kk play the wing? Also we still would have trouble scoring

KK-Lundell-Ylonen could be an elite line. Caufield can score goals, you have a bunch of 2nd rounders. In the 2nd round is when you can take those boom or bust prospects who can score like Kaliyev last year
Apr. 7, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
KK-Lundell-Ylonen could be an elite line. Caufield can score goals, you have a bunch of 2nd rounders. In the 2nd round is when you can take those boom or bust prospects who can score like Kaliyev last year

Didn’t think about that. I just get freaked out thinking about passing up a good goal scorer for ANOTHER PALYMAKER.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 5:31 p.m.
KFTW
Didn’t think about that. I just get freaked out thinking about passing up a good goal scorer for ANOTHER PALYMAKER.

According to many experts, the 20-60 picks of this draft will be all over the place and very close calls. So you can have a bunch of guys projected in the 1st round with late 2nd rounders.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 5:31 p.m.
Cant see the Ducks passing on Stutzle, we can grab a RD with 31 or 36 OA Grans, Niemela are two that should be available around then
Apr. 7, 2020 at 5:35 p.m.
According to many experts, the 20-60 picks of this draft will be all over the place and very close calls. So you can have a bunch of guys projected in the 1st round with late 2nd rounders.

I do like that, but again we will still only have one good goal scorer. We had pacioretty for years and were an average offence at best. I don’t see many 30 goal scorers if any past Quinn.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 5:37 p.m.
KFTW
I do like that, but again we will still only have one good goal scorer. We had pacioretty for years and were an average offence at best. I don’t see many 30 goal scorers if any past Quinn.

Based on Montreal’s needs I’d have them like this of who they could be projected to pick if they don’t win the lottery
1) Holtz
2) Perfetti
3) Lundell
4) Quinn
5) Rossi
Apr. 7, 2020 at 5:42 p.m.
Based on Montreal’s needs I’d have them like this of who they could be projected to pick if they don’t win the lottery
1) Holtz
2) Perfetti
3) Lundell
4) Quinn
5) Rossi

I’d like that. 1&2 can score and 3 could be a beast. You have nearly convinced me about us drafting Lundell. Do you see any snipers in round two. I only see foerster
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 6:56 p.m.
Quoting: Salzy
Cant see the Ducks passing on Stutzle, we can grab a RD with 31 or 36 OA Grans, Niemela are two that should be available around then

Fair enough, I know the ducks tend to not go for needs but getting the only number 1 D in this draft wouldnt be an L for them
Apr. 7, 2020 at 7:27 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Quoting: yanp007
Quinn is overrated because he played with Marco Rossi[/quote
quote=Howisbergevinstillhere;1358946]Finally someone who agrees with me![/quote=Suzuki_Cup;1358905]I don't think that the Habs' biggest need is another centerman...
This draft isn't based on their need, which should be a guy like Holtz/Quinn

It’s not just Rossi - Look at the stats of the OTHER guys Quinn played with on an absolutely stacked 67s team - undrafted over Agers Austin Keating, Joseph Garreffa, Noel Hoefenmayer and then late drafted older Mitchell Hoelscher - over 1/3 of Quinn’s points were on the power play, so yes he’s great in open space and a shooter. Did Quinn make them better- maybe - did They and a bit of Marco Rossi make Quinn better - likely - is Rossi’s stats a little pumped - maybe too - if I see thru that, the scouts must see that too. IMO Quinn should go later in first round - 15-31 but certainly not top 10 - I would not be surprised to see Rossi fall to 8-12 pick. I expect Quinn’s stats to fall in his next year of junior - the guy is a reasonable skater and sniper and has reasonable size but I just don’t see him as a top 14 and am not fooled by his glorious stats
Apr. 7, 2020 at 7:54 p.m.
Quoting: Leemer
It’s not just Rossi - Look at the stats of the OTHER guys Quinn played with on an absolutely stacked 67s team - undrafted over Agers Austin Keating, Joseph Garreffa, Noel Hoefenmayer and then late drafted older Mitchell Hoelscher - over 1/3 of Quinn’s points were on the power play, so yes he’s great in open space and a shooter. Did Quinn make them better- maybe - did They and a bit of Marco Rossi make Quinn better - likely - is Rossi’s stats a little pumped - maybe too - if I see thru that, the scouts must see that too. IMO Quinn should go later in first round - 15-31 but certainly not top 10 - I would not be surprised to see Rossi fall to 8-12 pick. I expect Quinn’s stats to fall in his next year of junior - the guy is a reasonable skater and sniper and has reasonable size but I just don’t see him as a top 14 and am not fooled by his glorious stats

My question is have you watched highlights. I know they are not everything but they kind of back up his stats.a tone of his goals are sniper individual goals. Yes he is helped by those playmakers but if for example Habs draft him at 8 he would either be on a line with Suzuki Or kotkaniemi, they are very good playmakers. When you watch him score, you notice how many of his goals are scored by him stepping a defensemen and sniping or even him redirecting pucks. He is a great goal scorer and might even be better than holtz. He is also an above average defender.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 7:59 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
I’d like that. 1&2 can score and 3 could be a beast. You have nearly convinced me about us drafting Lundell. Do you see any snipers in round two. I only see foerster

There’s not many “Mike bossy” type shooters once you get out of the top 8 and I know you are in love with Quinn so I’m really hoping for Holtz or Raymond and doubt they fall to 8. I’m ok with Lundell or Perfetti then followed by Rossi who unless Ottawa plays the hometown card will likely fall.
It’s unlikely one of these fall to the 2nd round Perrault, Jarvis - possible Foerster or Mysak - I would really like the Habs to check if they could package two of their 2nd round picks for a moderate 1st rounder if he is a scorer including Lapierre if he fell but it’s a fairly deep draft so I doubt that happens
Apr. 7, 2020 at 8:10 p.m.
Quoting: Leemer
There’s not many “Mike bossy” type shooters once you get out of the top 8 and I know you are in love with Quinn so I’m really hoping for Holtz or Raymond and doubt they fall to 8. I’m ok with Lundell or Perfetti then followed by Rossi who unless Ottawa plays the hometown card will likely fall.
It’s unlikely one of these fall to the 2nd round Perrault, Jarvis - possible Foerster or Mysak - I would really like the Habs to check if they could package two of their 2nd round picks for a moderate 1st rounder if he is a scorer including Lapierre if he fell but it’s a fairly deep draft so I doubt that happens

In my opinion the perfect Habs draft would be selecting Quinn 8(obviously Lafrenière would be perfect but this is if we stay) then we use or first second and 3 second to trade to 20 something and select gunler. I am crazy for shooters because they are tough to find unlike playmakers and the Habs can never score goals. When you mentioned Raymond Holtz Lundell Perfetti and Rossi do you mean for the Habs? Because I am still not crazy for another small playmaker. I have concerns about Holtz. Perfetti can score and setup but holly crap is he a bad skater
Apr. 7, 2020 at 9:09 p.m.
KFTW
In my opinion the perfect Habs draft would be selecting Quinn 8(obviously Lafrenière would be perfect but this is if we stay) then we use or first second and 3 second to trade to 20 something and select gunler. I am crazy for shooters because they are tough to find unlike playmakers and the Habs can never score goals. When you mentioned Raymond Holtz Lundell Perfetti and Rossi do you mean for the Habs? Because I am still not crazy for another small playmaker. I have concerns about Holtz. Perfetti can score and setup but holly crap is he a bad skater

Perfetti would be really elite tho. He would absolutely light it up playing with Suzuki
Apr. 7, 2020 at 9:13 p.m.
Perfetti would be really elite tho

Doubt he’s there. Also he’s one of the worst skaters ever, that’s just a little scary.
Apr. 7, 2020 at 9:14 p.m.
KFTW
Doubt he’s there. Also he’s one of the worst skaters ever, that’s just a little scary.

I just watched highlights I don’t think it’s that bad. He has elite playmaking skills and an elite shot
Apr. 7, 2020 at 9:15 p.m.
I just watched highlights I don’t think it’s that bad. He has elite playmaking skills and an elite shot

He’s is very talented. Doubt he’s still there at 8

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll