SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Ottawa dump cap sharks get 1st back

Created by: Rob32sjsharks
Published: Apr. 7, 2020 at 11:16 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 186/186 (100%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams exceeds the 23 player roster limit

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ryan, BobbyOttawa SenatorsNHL-$7,250,000111---24538--
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the San Jose SharksSJS)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Letunov, MaximWaivers ExemptSan Jose SharksMinor-$0011---3101--
2020 2nd round pick (Logo of the Colorado AvalancheCOL)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,180,63121456751212
Change$7,250,000-100-110
Final$14,430,631 (↑)20 (↓)45674 (↓)13 (↑)12-4-30

Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $5,625,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: -$2,706,667
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Letunov, MaximWaivers ExemptSan Jose SharksMinor-$0011---3101--
2020 2nd round pick (Logo of the Colorado AvalancheCOL)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ryan, BobbyOttawa SenatorsNHL-$7,250,000111---24538--
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the San Jose SharksSJS)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$8,331,6672348613712
Change-$7,250,0001001-10
Final$1,081,667 (↓)24 (↑)48614 (↑)6 (↓)12437
Apr. 8, 2020 at 9:04 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Ottawa is already risking cap minimum every season. Ryan isn't a dump they can or want to do. Certainly not shipping a good pick for someone they'll have to replace. If this was an idea it would have been before karlsson was moved. No chance from Ottawa's end.
Blep liked this.
Apr. 8, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: reelkena
Ottawa is already risking cap minimum every season. Ryan isn't a dump they can or want to do. Certainly not shipping a good pick for someone they'll have to replace. If this was an idea it would have been before karlsson was moved. No chance from Ottawa's end.

Except Ottawa has 2-3 kids that are due for a massive raises soon, and Ottawa needs a new goalie and some pieces this offseason. there was talk of them trying to get rid of him the last year or two if I remember correctly. The other thought on this was that Ottawa has way too many draft picks in the next two years and that’s going to create a glut of players all getting raises at the same time with no stagger like most teams prefer. It solves multiple problems for both teams. Ottawa gets another good (albeit not great) prospect, a still valuable pick and big headache of their roster. Sharks get back their pick that will go a long way towards their rebuild.
Apr. 8, 2020 at 1:52 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Massive raises for all except Chabot don't come in until after Seattle. You don't want to over extend before then. The goaltender market is what you would consider moving that first for. Not to dump Ryan. You either get a goalie and keep Ryan or if you're Melnyk level cheap you just play Hogberg and hope. Ottawa also doesn't feel very inclined to help SJ with their rebuild considering they got fleeced twice
Apr. 8, 2020 at 1:54 p.m.
Blep blep
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
Except Ottawa has 2-3 kids that are due for a massive raises soon, and Ottawa needs a new goalie and some pieces this offseason. there was talk of them trying to get rid of him the last year or two if I remember correctly. The other thought on this was that Ottawa has way too many draft picks in the next two years and that’s going to create a glut of players all getting raises at the same time with no stagger like most teams prefer. It solves multiple problems for both teams. Ottawa gets another good (albeit not great) prospect, a still valuable pick and big headache of their roster. Sharks get back their pick that will go a long way towards their rebuild.

•Ottawa has around 40M in cap space this summer and big contracts of Bobby Ryan and Gaborik off the books in the next couple years. Any massive raises in the near future aren’t an issue.

•Sens need Bobby Ryan’s contract to be cap compliant next year, especially with the potential of two new ELCs on the team from this years draft (lol).

•Hogberg looks promising and Nilsson has a year left. It’d be a horrible idea for them to get a goalie this offseason.

•If Ottawa has a glut of draft picks that all pan out, not only will they be stacked while the players are on the team, but they’ll be able to trade RFA contracts if a cap crunch is ever an issue.

•I think there’s almost zero chance the Sens trade SJ’s pick, and an even less chance they trade it for this package.

smile
Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
Massive raises for all except Chabot don't come in until after Seattle. You don't want to over extend before then. The goaltender market is what you would consider moving that first for. Not to dump Ryan. You either get a goalie and keep Ryan or if you're Melnyk level cheap you just play Hogberg and hope. Ottawa also doesn't feel very inclined to help SJ with their rebuild considering they got fleeced twice

I’d give you guys back Karlsson for Ryan and the first and if you threw in something else I’d be estatic!!! You guys got the better in that deal.
Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:17 p.m.
KFTW
I’d give you guys back Karlsson for Ryan and the first and if you threw in something else I’d be estatic!!! You guys got the better in that deal.

Not a chance a top 10 pick is traded to dump a guy. You’d have to send us back Meier or Hertl to start a discussion.
Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
Quoting: Blep
•Ottawa has around 40M in cap space this summer and big contracts of Bobby Ryan and Gaborik off the books in the next couple years. Any massive raises in the near future aren’t an issue.

•Sens need Bobby Ryan’s contract to be cap compliant next year, especially with the potential of two new ELCs on the team from this years draft (lol).

•Hogberg looks promising and Nilsson has a year left. It’d be a horrible idea for them to get a goalie this offseason.

•If Ottawa has a glut of draft picks that all pan out, not only will they be stacked while the players are on the team, but they’ll be able to trade RFA contracts if a cap crunch is ever an issue.

•I think there’s almost zero chance the Sens trade SJ’s pick, and an even less chance they trade it for this package.

smile

Your right I know!!! But a guy can hope!!! every day that passes I hate that karlsson trade more and more it depleted our prospects took a top 3 pick in a crazy good draft year and his mammoth contract is killing our ability to retool our roster. To boot he has been a terrible defensive defenseman and he looks uninterested in playing.
Blep liked this.
Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:22 p.m.
Quoting: csick
Not a chance a top 10 pick is traded to dump a guy. You’d have to send us back Meier or Hertl to start a discussion.

Meier and Hertl are both under 25 on reasonable contracts and are studs! Either would require an A grade prospect and a top 5 pick as a start. So that’s a hard no!
Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:23 p.m.
KFTW
Neither of the two you mentioned require an A grade prospect and a top 5 pick as a start. So that’s a hard no!

Well Ottawa isnt trading at worse the 6th overall just to dump Ryan. That pick is really valuable
Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:25 p.m.
Lol your GM would get fired!!! But as a sharks fan I can hope.
Apr. 8, 2020 at 3:52 p.m.
Blep blep
Your right I know!!! But a guy can hope!!! every day that passes I hate that karlsson trade more and more it depleted our prospects took a top 3 pick in a crazy good draft year and his mammoth contract is killing our ability to retool our roster. To boot he has been a terrible defensive defenseman and he looks uninterested in playing.

•Maybe in the future a cap crunched Sens can trade one of the first rounders they draft now for an old Karlsson and a pick, and make a cup run. grimace

•But I wouldn’t lose all hope for SJ next year, they have a bunch of pieces they just need to get a bunch of depth through free agency and/or trades.
Apr. 8, 2020 at 4:05 p.m.
Quoting: Blep
•Maybe in the future a cap crunched Sens can trade one of the first rounders they draft now for an old Karlsson and a pick, and make a cup run. grimace

•But I wouldn’t lose all hope for SJ next year, they have a bunch of pieces they just need to get a bunch of depth through free agency and/or trades.

But they have no money with all these stupid contracts.
And a horrid goaltender signed for way too long
Apr. 8, 2020 at 5:47 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Both teams are gonna struggle. Just because the deal didn't work out for SJ doesn't mean Ottawa is happy about it. None of this is close to reasonable and I don't like this being "your gm will get fired by a guy can hope" deal pitches. I will continue to hope that people post reasonable unbiased ideas on here. Ottawa declines, let's move on.
Apr. 8, 2020 at 6:01 p.m.
Both teams are gonna struggle. Just because the deal didn't work out for SJ doesn't mean Ottawa is happy about it. None of this is close to reasonable and I don't like this being "your gm will get fired by a guy can hope" deal pitches. I will continue to hope that people post reasonable unbiased ideas on here. Ottawa declines, let's move on.

If Ottawa misses Karlsson I’d offer him back for Norris and our first in a heartbeat. But that won’t happen, and dude stop huffing and puffing this is a made up site where people throw ideas around just like real GM’s do. In the real world no GM sends legit reasonable offers out right off the bat, they send bull **** mixed with rumors and if a team seems interested they start to negotiate and eventually come to real deal. So stop crying like you actually know what your talking about.
Apr. 9, 2020 at 1:10 a.m.
There isn't a a player on the Sharks Roster I would trade that 1st for. No chance the Sharks are getting it back.
Apr. 9, 2020 at 8:17 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
If Ottawa misses Karlsson I’d offer him back for Norris and our first in a heartbeat. But that won’t happen, and dude stop huffing and puffing this is a made up site where people throw ideas around just like real GM’s do. In the real world no GM sends legit reasonable offers out right off the bat, they send bull **** mixed with rumors and if a team seems interested they start to negotiate and eventually come to real deal. So stop crying like you actually know what your talking about.

Made up site where people throw ideas. Correct. Ideas. Reasonable ideas. And if you think your request was a starting point to get to a better offer all you'd do is get hung up on. So stop crying like you actually know what your talking about. Ottawa doesn't counter offer. They decline. They also lost your number.
Apr. 9, 2020 at 1:44 p.m.
Made up site where people throw ideas. Correct. Ideas. Reasonable ideas. And if you think your request was a starting point to get to a better offer all you'd do is get hung up on. So stop crying like you actually know what your talking about. Ottawa doesn't counter offer. They decline. They also lost your number.

Why do Canadiens always think their teams and picks and players are worth so much more than American teams? Would I accept this trade.... probably not... but having 3 1st this year is too much draft capital in one year I think I’d settle with next years first and the prospect instead of this years 2nd. That way you spread your picks out a bit more. But again this is throwing ideas around so stop being such a little whiny b%#?£
Apr. 9, 2020 at 7:36 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
I'm not a Sens fan as much as you desperately need me to be to validate your idiocy. "too much draft capital" Wtf? Please stop. You're making us all look bad for acknowledging your existence. It's your guys fault your structure is burying Karlsson and Burns. Van needs Eriksson gone, I'm not posting, Eriksson to SJ for two firsts because I want it now now gimmie now. Maybe you should stop being a whiny ****.
Apr. 9, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
I'm not a Sens fan as much as you desperately need me to be to validate your idiocy. "too much draft capital" Wtf? Please stop. You're making us all look bad for acknowledging your existence. It's your guys fault your structure is burying Karlsson and Burns. Van needs Eriksson gone, I'm not posting, Eriksson to SJ for two firsts because I want it now now gimmie now. Maybe you should stop being a whiny ****.

I’m not the one writing on other people’s post trying to be a condescending prick I offered an idea to get genuine feedback not a hole comments. Quit being a **** an just provide a competent counter to my offer and let’s see where we can get to if possible.... you know like real GM’s you pompous ass.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 5:59 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
I'm not trying to be a condescending prick. I'm being condescending with full success because you're being an embarrassing idiot. And like a real GM would in this situation, the Senators decline, stop calling us.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll