$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$897,500$897,500
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,062,500$1,062,500
RD
UFA - 1
$1,633,333$1,633,333
LD
UFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 10, 2020 at 6:40 p.m.
Nutivaara carries significantly more value than Lehkonen, and is far more useful.

Nutivaara can play both LD and RD and is a true top 4 defenseman, on top of being on a great contract. Lehkonen is a bottom six forward who is inflated by the mouths of habs fans - he isn't that great. If any Lehkonen trade happens with CBJ, it would probably be a swap for J. Anderson.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 6:56 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Wqrrior
Nutivaara carries significantly more value than Lehkonen, and is far more useful.

Nutivaara can play both LD and RD and is a true top 4 defenseman, on top of being on a great contract. Lehkonen is a bottom six forward who is inflated by the mouths of habs fans - he isn't that great. If any Lehkonen trade happens with CBJ, it would probably be a swap for J. Anderson.

I agree that Nutivaara > Lehkonen but he gets a lot of undeserved hate from habs fans only because he doesn't put up a lot of points but he is our best defensive forward along with Danault
Apr. 10, 2020 at 7:08 p.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
I agree that Nutivaara > Lehkonen but he gets a lot of undeserved hate from habs fans only because he doesn't put up a lot of points but he is our best defensive forward along with Danault

Undeserved hate? Habs fans overvalue him drastically. He is a bottom six forward. Habs fans view him as worth far more than that.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 7:15 p.m.
Banned
Undeserved hate? Habs fans overvalue him drastically. He is a bottom six forward. Habs fans view him as worth far more than that.

So every bottom 6 forward hold the same value ? Lehkonen can play up and down the line up, on the right or on the left. Can play on the pk and on the powerplay( even if he doesn’t produce much he can play front net presence). He got above average speed and he is very responsible defensively. The Pens traded a top 4 defenseman for Kahun who is a bottom 6 players and who is similar to Lehkonen.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 7:31 p.m.
Quoting: Sebybbq
So every bottom 6 forward hold the same value ? Lehkonen can play up and down the line up, on the right or on the left. Can play on the pk and on the powerplay( even if he doesn’t produce much he can play front net presence). He got above average speed and he is very responsible defensively. The Pens traded a top 4 defenseman for Kahun who is a bottom 6 players and who is similar to Lehkonen.

Kahun is better. He is a bottom six forward ON PIT, but he himself is not a bottom six forward. The difference is he hasn't had a chance to thrive as he was mostly always buried in the bottom six in PIT. His sample size in BUF has been excellent, and he is part of their top six. I see him as a 40-50 point guy next season.

Where you are right that bottom six fowards differ in their value, Lehkonen isn't on the higher end of that spectrum. You could argue that Alex Chiasson can play wherever in the lineup too, but his trade value isn't through the roof. His value equates to roughly a 2nd, or, as mentioned, Josh Anderson.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 7:56 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks

Honestly I dont get this. Nuti has been benched multiple times after having a good start to 18-19. Hes fallen off a cliff and Kucherovs hit made his 19-20 even worse. He hasnt been a top 4 since the beginning of 18-19. I dont understand how jackets fans keep pumping his tires when hes been benched several times for Harrington. Hes turned into a bottom pair D. Sure, he can and probably will turn it around. But for now, hes pulled a Wennberg.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 8:27 p.m.
Banned
Kahun is better. He is a bottom six forward ON PIT, but he himself is not a bottom six forward. The difference is he hasn't had a chance to thrive as he was mostly always buried in the bottom six in PIT. His sample size in BUF has been excellent, and he is part of their top six. I see him as a 40-50 point guy next season.

Where you are right that bottom six fowards differ in their value, Lehkonen isn't on the higher end of that spectrum. You could argue that Alex Chiasson can play wherever in the lineup too, but his trade value isn't through the roof. His value equates to roughly a 2nd, or, as mentioned, Josh Anderson.

You are very funny! Kahun was use in a top 6 role last year in Chicago mostly with Toews and didn’t managed to get 40 point so calm down with your 50 point forward. Kahun is in the same category then Lehkonen maybe a bit better but certainly not a top 6 players. You have seen him play how many game this year. The only thing you keep saying is how point he produced bla bla bla but i am pretty sure you didn’t watch any game because you don’t know anything about Lehkonen. The only thing you know is from internet and stats site, that make it even more funnier. And probably you didn’t watch any Pittsburgh or Sabres game either because he was use mostly with on the their line in Buffalo with Larsson and Johanssen. In Pittsburgh he have played with Malkin for a while but mostly on the third line with Mccann.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 9:04 p.m.
You are very funny! Kahun was use in a top 6 role last year in Chicago mostly with Toews and didn’t managed to get 40 point so calm down with your 50 point forward. Kahun is in the same category then Lehkonen maybe a bit better but certainly not a top 6 players. You have seen him play how many game this year. The only thing you keep saying is how point he produced bla bla bla but i am pretty sure you didn’t watch any game because you don’t know anything about Lehkonen. The only thing you know is from internet and stats site, that make it even more funnier. And probably you didn’t watch any Pittsburgh or Sabres game either because he was use mostly with on the their line in Buffalo with Larsson and Johanssen. In Pittsburgh he have played with Malkin for a while but mostly on the third line with Mccann.

It appears that you get angry any time you hear something you don't like. Let's have a chill conversation instead?

Kahun did play top six in chicago, where he got just shy of 40 points. However, that was also his first year in North America. To jump onto NA ice and perform that well straight away is impressive. He was also 22 that year.
The trade was largely considered as a swap of a top six forward for a top 4 defenseman. Kahun was on the path to become a defined top 6 forward. On PIT he wasn't, mostly because of how strong they already are on the wings.
Now on BUF, he is to be used on the top 6 again. His sample size is small, but he has done well there. There was a noticeable energy on the line he played on in the first few games on the team. The line you mentioned (Larsson and Johansson) was their 2nd line. MarJo is the 2C, and Larsson hasn't been awful. Larsson wasn't there that long though, Olofsson appears to have finished the season on that line.

Every team has their fan favorites. Sure, he might be a good defensive forward, my point is that Lehkonen isn't becoming what he was supposed to be. Habs fans appear to want this kings ransom for him in trades, when really he can bring in another middle six or bottom six foward. Anderson as a return isn't that bad. But it's also realistic. The general thing is, most teams have a guy in their bottom six who is good defensively, but that doesn't mean their trade value is through the roof. For instance, Cogliano on Dallas essentially plays the same role as Lehkonen right now, but he wouldn't be moved for much. Similar with Andrew Copp on WPG (who is probably a better example).

Where I will give you that I don't watch all games, I try my best to watch the 8 minute highlights for a variety of teams after games. There's a pretty alright sense of what a player can do from that.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 9:21 p.m.
Banned
It appears that you get angry any time you hear something you don't like. Let's have a chill conversation instead?

Kahun did play top six in chicago, where he got just shy of 40 points. However, that was also his first year in North America. To jump onto NA ice and perform that well straight away is impressive. He was also 22 that year.
The trade was largely considered as a swap of a top six forward for a top 4 defenseman. Kahun was on the path to become a defined top 6 forward. On PIT he wasn't, mostly because of how strong they already are on the wings.
Now on BUF, he is to be used on the top 6 again. His sample size is small, but he has done well there. There was a noticeable energy on the line he played on in the first few games on the team. The line you mentioned (Larsson and Johansson) was their 2nd line. MarJo is the 2C, and Larsson hasn't been awful. Larsson wasn't there that long though, Olofsson appears to have finished the season on that line.

Every team has their fan favorites. Sure, he might be a good defensive forward, my point is that Lehkonen isn't becoming what he was supposed to be. Habs fans appear to want this kings ransom for him in trades, when really he can bring in another middle six or bottom six foward. Anderson as a return isn't that bad. But it's also realistic. The general thing is, most teams have a guy in their bottom six who is good defensively, but that doesn't mean their trade value is through the roof. For instance, Cogliano on Dallas essentially plays the same role as Lehkonen right now, but he wouldn't be moved for much. Similar with Andrew Copp on WPG (who is probably a better example).

Where I will give you that I don't watch all games, I try my best to watch the 8 minute highlights for a variety of teams after games. There's a pretty alright sense of what a player can do from that.

How can a guy goes from 22 to 24 in a year ? Kahun is turning 25 this summer. Another proof that you don’t know what you are talking about. who are you to say that Lehkonen isn’t what he was supposed to become. He was projected has a middle six forward and it’s exactly what he became so again you don’t know what you are talking about. And this is probably the stupidest thing i have ever heard. You watch 8 minutes highlights of a game that is 60 min long and you pretend to know all about a players value with that analysis. This can’t be more ridiculous.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
How can a guy goes from 22 to 24 in a year ? Kahun is turning 25 this summer. Another proof that you don’t know what you are talking about. who are you to say that Lehkonen isn’t what he was supposed to become. He was projected has a middle six forward and it’s exactly what he became so again you don’t know what you are talking about. And this is probably the stupidest thing i have ever heard. You watch 8 minutes highlights of a game that is 60 min long and you pretend to know all about a players value with that analysis. This can’t be more ridiculous.

holy crap i was off by one year, attempting to recall a guys age without searching him... the sky is falling!
lehkonen is becoming more of a bottom six player, not a middle six player.
do you need to watch an entire news feed to know what's going on in the world, or can you get data out of a few minutes of it? same case... I don't have all the time in the world to watch every game out there. Watching the video highlights gives a good indication. I don't say I'm an expert, but I'm no idiot either.

You don't have to sound so condescending in your posts either.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 9:42 p.m.
Banned
holy crap i was off by one year... the sky is falling!
he is becoming a bottom six player, not a middle six player.
do you need to watch an entire news feed to know what's going on in the world, or can you get data out of a few minutes of it? same case... I don't have all the time in the world to watch every game out there. Watching the video highlights gives a good indication. I don't say I'm an expert, but I'm no idiot either.

You don't have to sound so condescending in your posts either.

Yes i do need to read the whole feed and possibly read from different media to be more objective. Maybe its a concept that you’re not familiar but reading the back of a book doesn’t make you aware of what is really happening. Never said you where a idiot, but if you watch 8 min of highlights and you made your opinion based on that you clearly miss out on all the aspect of the game that make him a good players. Your highlights doesn’t show that he is the one the break up the plays in back check and because of that Montreal got a 2-1 and score or that he block a shot or he took 30 second off on a penalty kill by himself in the offensive zone. But with 8 minutes you can figure out everything about every players.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 10:30 p.m.
Columbus would rather keep Nuttivaara. Lehkonen provides nothing we don’t already have.
Apr. 10, 2020 at 10:52 p.m.
JarmoK
This doesn’t really address a need CBJ have

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll