Forums/Armchair-GM

31 in 31

Created by: Skyraider112
Team: 2020-21 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 17, 2020
Published: Apr. 17, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is the 31 in 31 challenge. Do an AGM for each of the 31 teams in 31 days. This forces me to learn more about each team and how the lineups should/could look. To other users please feel free to participate, I'm looking for a challenge to keep me entertained.

I am assuming a flat cap and one CBO for each team. Please provide any feedback, I'm trying to learn more about each team here.

Boston's greatest strength: center depth and that top-line
Boston's greatest weakness: defense
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$4,500,000
2$2,500,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
1$850,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,500,000
1$1,000,000
Trades
BOS
  1. Schneider, Cory
  2. Wood, Miles
  3. 2020 1st round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
Honestly if there is a CBO, Boston doesn't really have any bad contracts to buyout, may as well acquire one and get assets with it. I'm not sure if this return is too much or not. Assume the Vancouver 1st is around 22
NJD
EDM
  1. DeBrusk, Jake [RFA Rights]
  2. Senyshyn, Zach [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
I think a DeBrusk for Nurse 1 for 1 is pretty fair but add Senyshyn to make it more balanced
BOS
VAN
  1. Schneider, Cory
Additional Details:
CBO
VAN
  1. Zboril, Jakub [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Some sort of prospect swap. Boston probably adds another piece such as a 2nd-3rd or another lower prospect
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$81,268,147$964,222$850,000$231,853

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,600,000$5,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD
UFA - 4
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
RW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 17, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
Banned
I think the nurse trade is fair. Oiler fans may not like it but I think nurse is a bit overrated
Apr. 17, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Ok I know it's a 31-31, good on ya.

Best way to state it straight up is:
* Job 1 - Why is Krug gone when he has stated many a time he wants to stay and to a team-friendly deal? Roll-up-your sleeves and work on that deal, and then you don't have to trade key roster guys like DeBrusk or make moves upsetting a #1 club/100pt season.
* Boston's true need is a 2nd line scoring RW, so if it's NJ - let's get Palmieri's agent on the phone.

That said:
Grz = US$2.5 to 3.5M
Bjork = US$1.25 to 1.5M
Vessey - nadda
Olli << Zboril - nadda

Nurse for DeBrusk - yeah OK (but if Krug stays he's not needed)
If you insist it's 1:1, or not at all (Nurse is UFA toot suite and w/ expansion might not be protected (Mc, Carlo, Grz or Nurse)).

Louis in Goal - I guess but with Cap space leftover better ones could be had or use a farmboy...

Slainte' cheers
Apr. 17, 2020 at 7:42 p.m.
I'm assuming no CBO. Like it more like that smile

So forget that Devils deal. If there's a BOS-NJD deal in the next year, it will involves Kyle Palmieri or nothing.

Rather keep DeBrusk and Senyshyn. EDM should also want to keep Nurse. And I prefer to keep Zboril (Bruins will likely do same).

So no trades. John Moore has to be moved otherwise Bruins don't really need to make a trade now.

Obviously, your lineup is different because Wood is in, DeBrusk out but I'm not a fan of Vesey and we have internal options. Studnicka/Kuhlman/Senyshyn will likely play on that 3RW spot.

Bjork (you can get him for less than $2M probably) needs to be LW3 (no Miles Wood please).

Kuhlman, fair $, would try to get him for 2 years.
Gaunce, good player for PRO so wouldn't mind him returning.
Cehlarik, it will depend on both sides. If the B's give up on him or him Cehlarik believes he can get a better opportunity somewhere else, he will leave (and hope he does for his best).

Domingue has been terrible, would try to find a better option.
Vladar?

Chara ($1-2M) will return and Krug will also re-sign, I'm confident.
Lauzon will be in the NHL.

Grzelcyk deal is good, if they plan to do a long-term deal.

So for me, if you cancel all trades, only move Moore, sign a good backup G and bring back Chara, Krug, Vladar, Senyshyn, Zboril, DeBrusk, it's good. This team was 60 minutes from winning the Cup last year and has a chance to win it this year. Can't do this many changes.

Bruins' strength is their D, their depth on D, actually. Weakness? Lack of top6 wings maybe? But if DeBrusk, Kase, Bjork and whoever is the winger on third line can be good with Krejci and Coyle, nothing can stop this team wink
Apr. 17, 2020 at 8:04 p.m.
Banned
Its a lot, probably very unlikely, bruins moves will be minimal.
But its not terrible!

However if you want input i gotchu:

Good Griz deal
Heavy on Bjork
Bruins dont want Vesey, we have Studnicka ready to make the roster
Good move with Domingue
Interesting CBO idea - Thats a good move if it is the case (though it probably wouldnt have the 1st, Just wood)
Nurse deal is definitely good WITHOUT SENYSHYN. 1 for 1 is perfect. Both are youngish, both are middle6/top4, but there are more two-way LDH than sniping LW, and debrusk is younger.
Zboril deal would be 1 for 1, they are both at the same point right now, not busts, but not roster guys obviously.
Bruins are signing Chara and Miller, and will likely trade Moore

Overall, not bad, but not great either
Apr. 17, 2020 at 9:02 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Quoting: McGruff
Ok I know it's a 31-31, good on ya.

Best way to state it straight up is:
* Job 1 - Why is Krug gone when he has stated many a time he wants to stay and to a team-friendly deal? Roll-up-your sleeves and work on that deal, and then you don't have to trade key roster guys like DeBrusk or make moves upsetting a #1 club/100pt season.
* Boston's true need is a 2nd line scoring RW, so if it's NJ - let's get Palmieri's agent on the phone.

That said:
Grz = US$2.5 to 3.5M
Bjork = US$1.25 to 1.5M
Vessey - nadda
Olli << Zboril - nadda

Nurse for DeBrusk - yeah OK (but if Krug stays he's not needed)
If you insist it's 1:1, or not at all (Nurse is UFA toot suite and w/ expansion might not be protected (Mc, Carlo, Grz or Nurse)).

Louis in Goal - I guess but with Cap space leftover better ones could be had or use a farmboy...

Slainte' cheers

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it. I don't know whether Krug will sign or not, I guess I am assuming worst-case scenario with him. I've seen a lot of Krug signs in Detroit AGM's which probably swayed my thinking.

Quoting: bhavikp27
I'm assuming no CBO. Like it more like that smile

So forget that Devils deal. If there's a BOS-NJD deal in the next year, it will involves Kyle Palmieri or nothing.

Rather keep DeBrusk and Senyshyn. EDM should also want to keep Nurse. And I prefer to keep Zboril (Bruins will likely do same).

So no trades. John Moore has to be moved otherwise Bruins don't really need to make a trade now.

Obviously, your lineup is different because Wood is in, DeBrusk out but I'm not a fan of Vesey and we have internal options. Studnicka/Kuhlman/Senyshyn will likely play on that 3RW spot.

Bjork (you can get him for less than $2M probably) needs to be LW3 (no Miles Wood please).

Kuhlman, fair $, would try to get him for 2 years.
Gaunce, good player for PRO so wouldn't mind him returning.
Cehlarik, it will depend on both sides. If the B's give up on him or him Cehlarik believes he can get a better opportunity somewhere else, he will leave (and hope he does for his best).

Domingue has been terrible, would try to find a better option.
Vladar?

Chara ($1-2M) will return and Krug will also re-sign, I'm confident.
Lauzon will be in the NHL.

Grzelcyk deal is good, if they plan to do a long-term deal.

So for me, if you cancel all trades, only move Moore, sign a good backup G and bring back Chara, Krug, Vladar, Senyshyn, Zboril, DeBrusk, it's good. This team was 60 minutes from winning the Cup last year and has a chance to win it this year. Can't do this many changes.

Bruins' strength is their D, their depth on D, actually. Weakness? Lack of top6 wings maybe? But if DeBrusk, Kase, Bjork and whoever is the winger on third line can be good with Krejci and Coyle, nothing can stop this team wink

Based off these comments I'm reading I totally agree with you. Acquiring Kyle would be the best trade Boston could realistically make. Thanks for your input btw. I get that the B's are really good now, but it would be super dull for me doing a 31-in-31 not to make some changes at least. Realistically, the lineup remains pretty much 100% intact. Domingue has been terrible with NJD you are right. But on a team with much better defensive play, I think he would do as he did in Tampa.

Quoting: bsilk18
Its a lot, probably very unlikely, bruins moves will be minimal.
But its not terrible!

However if you want input i gotchu:

Good Griz deal
Heavy on Bjork
Bruins dont want Vesey, we have Studnicka ready to make the roster
Good move with Domingue
Interesting CBO idea - Thats a good move if it is the case (though it probably wouldnt have the 1st, Just wood)
Nurse deal is definitely good WITHOUT SENYSHYN. 1 for 1 is perfect. Both are youngish, both are middle6/top4, but there are more two-way LDH than sniping LW, and debrusk is younger.
Zboril deal would be 1 for 1, they are both at the same point right now, not busts, but not roster guys obviously.
Bruins are signing Chara and Miller, and will likely trade Moore

Overall, not bad, but not great either

Thanks for your input. I think I just see Vesey as a good fit, him being from Mass and being a strong power forward. Do you think Krug stays in Boston? In this AGM I just assumed he wouldn't but that's me with an outsiders perspective.
Silkysmooth42 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2020 at 9:15 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Edited Apr. 17, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
Quoting: Skyraider112
Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it. I don't know whether Krug will sign or not, I guess I am assuming worst-case scenario with him. I've seen a lot of Krug signs in Detroit AGM's which probably swayed my thinking.

Based off these comments I'm reading I totally agree with you. Acquiring Kyle would be the best trade Boston could realistically make. Thanks for your input btw. I get that the B's are really good now, but it would be super dull for me doing a 31-in-31 not to make some changes at least. Realistically, the lineup remains pretty much 100% intact. Domingue has been terrible with NJD you are right. But on a team with much better defensive play, I think he would do as he did in Tampa.

Thanks for your input. I think I just see Vesey as a good fit, him being from Mass and being a strong power forward. Do you think Krug stays in Boston? In this AGM I just assumed he wouldn't but that's me with an outsiders perspective.

Good Stuff Raider!
Krug is the highest priority for DS.
Yes to Palmieri (likely 2nd most critical GM work together w/ current roster re-signs).
Vessey snubbed BOS when he was a FA and he's been kinda meh in the NHL (they'd pass).
bhavikp27 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2020 at 10:17 p.m.
Banned

All good points! I respect the effort man!
I do think krug will be back, he loves Boston signing his as an I drafted free agent, and they are an amazing team, but obviously I could be wrong.
bhavikp27 and McGruff liked this.
Apr. 17, 2020 at 10:19 p.m.
Domingue has been terrible with NJD you are right. But on a team with much better defensive play, I think he would do as he did in Tampa.

Domingue was average during the two seasons he played with Tampa. Even with that defense/team. Only reason he looks good: wins. That's it.
So I would try to get an experience backup who like Halak, play at least 25 GP, if not more. Vladar could also be an option.
McGruff liked this.
Apr. 17, 2020 at 10:35 p.m.
In my opinion Krug stays. His cap hit will be around 7.5M. Chara decide to hang his stakes and Vaakanainen this is spot on the top 4. And then it's either between Lauzon and Grzelcyk on the 3nd pair.
IMO if's their a CBO they should take it on Moore as you see I didn't even put him on the challenge for the 3nd pair and having a 7th defenseman at 2.75M is too high for a team will cup aspiration.
I don't think you should trade DeBrusk. If for cap reasons you can sign him long term I think he'll accept a bridge deal. Plus I think Studnicka his ready for full time duties.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll