ARI
  1. Kulak, Brett
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (STL)
MTL
  1. Heinola, Ville
  2. Perreault, Mathieu
  3. 2020 1st round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
Perreault could be trade for a pick, but if is contract is unmovable, MTL will take him for a cap purpose
WPG
  1. Domi, Max [RFA Rights]
  2. Mete, Victor [RFA Rights]
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$77,035,476$0$2,925,000$4,464,524
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$894,167$894,167
LD
RFA - 4
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$3,937,500$3,937,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 17, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
Major overpayment from WPG considering they have no need for mete

Imo 12 oa = domi, heinola + perreault >> mete. The jets can just keep perreault, they don’t really need a lot of cap space
Apr. 17, 2020 at 9:30 p.m.
Quoting: arafay

Top6 forward and a #5 LHD for a 1st rd pick and A prospect
Apr. 17, 2020 at 9:32 p.m.
Quoting: GMs
Top6 forward and a #5 LHD for a 1st rd pick and A prospect

Heinola is an A+ prospect so moving him is a non starter. The first is equal to domi and mete probably wouldn’t even be a regular on the jets next year if heinola was on that team

Now if you want to talk domi for 12 oa then maybe. However I still think the jest decline since they have to pay laine and pionk next year and a domi extention would get in the way of that
Apr. 17, 2020 at 9:40 p.m.
Jets say no
Apr. 17, 2020 at 9:42 p.m.
Heinola is an A+ prospect so moving him is a non starter. The first is equal to domi and mete probably wouldn’t even be a regular on the jets next year if heinola was on that team

Now if you want to talk domi for 12 oa then maybe. However I still think the jest decline since they have to pay laine and pionk next year and a domi extention would get in the way of that

Heinola isn’t an A+ Prospect lmao
Apr. 17, 2020 at 9:48 p.m.

He has totally is. Made the team out of camp as an 18 year old and put up 5 pts in 8 games and was very good. Then went over to the liga and played a defensive role (as a smaller guy in a men’s league). The kid is drawing comparisons to heiskanen. He said he’s going to work out his skating and strength this offseason (biggest flaws in his game) which aren’t even bad tbh. I’m sorry but if he isn’t an A+ prospect who is besides top 5 picks.
Billy739 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
He has totally is. Made the team out of camp as an 18 year old and put up 5 pts in 8 games and was very good. Then went over to the liga and played a defensive role (as a smaller guy in a men’s league). The kid is drawing comparisons to heiskanen. He said he’s going to work out his skating and strength this offseason (biggest flaws in his game) which aren’t even bad tbh. I’m sorry but if he isn’t an A+ prospect who is besides top 5 picks.

sorry heinola is good but not A+ good. I followed him closy the last 2 year cause he was one of my favorite prospect and he’s not an A+ prospect. He struggle heavily in the liiga this year and yes was better denfensivly but he was nothing special. A+ prospect are prospect like Lafrenière Byfield Byram Zegras Turcotte even Dach but not heinola
GMs liked this.
Apr. 18, 2020 at 12:15 a.m.
wpg
Quoting: seanross
sorry heinola is good but not A+ good. I followed him closy the last 2 year cause he was one of my favorite prospect and he’s not an A+ prospect. He struggle heavily in the liiga this year and yes was better denfensivly but he was nothing special. A+ prospect are prospect like Lafrenière Byfield Byram Zegras Turcotte even Dach but not heinola

not alot of point comparing prospects by grades... in 2015 strome and zacha were considered A+ and players like Aho, Chabot eh maybe Conner plus others B, C or maybe even D.... its extremely hard to rank them cause so many factors involved, dont really know how to rate heinola, he plays like heiskanen thus alot of people compare them, even though he went at 20th overall. didnt watch him in finland but saw him with the jets and he really shattered expatiations 5 points in 8 games and was active on both ends, didn't look like a 18 year old rookie at all, had to gain strength though

Maybe he just feels more comfortable in NA arenas, dont know, going to be very interested to watch though

jets decline btw.. dont even know if i would trade the first rounder for domi... the jets just have a so darn good record at drafting
arafay liked this.
Apr. 18, 2020 at 12:18 a.m.
wpg
Apr. 18, 2020 at 12:20 a.m.
wpg
Quoting: HockeyFan989
not alot of point comparing prospects by grades... in 2015 strome and zacha were considered A+ and players like Aho, Chabot eh maybe Conner plus others B, C or maybe even D.... its extremely hard to rank them cause so many factors involved, dont really know how to rate heinola, he plays like heiskanen thus alot of people compare them, even though he went at 20th overall. didnt watch him in finland but saw him with the jets and he really shattered expatiations 5 points in 8 games and was active on both ends, didn't look like a 18 year old rookie at all, had to gain strength though

Maybe he just feels more comfortable in NA arenas, dont know, going to be very interested to watch though

jets decline btw.. dont even know if i would trade the first rounder for domi... the jets just have a so darn good record at drafting and developing
Apr. 18, 2020 at 1:01 a.m.
Evans truther
Edited Apr. 18, 2020 at 1:07 a.m.

Imo 12 oa = domi, heinola + perreault >> mete. The jets can just keep perreault, they don’t really need a lot of cap space

I don't think that you could get any center entering his prime years and capable of producing 72 points in a season for a single 12th overall pick get down from your cloud there eh. Even in this sh*tshow of a year for Montreal where at one point we had half our AHL team up with Alzner playing as our first line RW, he still managed a 50 point season (Prorated to a full 82 games schedule).
Pageau just brought back a 18OA, 2nd, 3rd // JT Miller was traded for a 12OA, 3rd and a dude
The difference with those trade and here is that you're sending back a washed player counting for 4M$ up against my cap and Mete's ceiling isn't determined yet as -per advanced stats- he was our best LD when paired with Weber on the first pairing so I wouldn't trade him as he can still work on his thickness and balance to become a Bouillon like defenseman (Physically similar not playing style).
I don't want Montreal to part ways with Domi except if it's an offer they can't refuse.
Apr. 18, 2020 at 1:16 a.m.
Quoting: ColonelX
I don't think that you could get any center entering his prime years and capable of producing 72 points in a season for a single 12th overall pick get down from your cloud there eh. Even in this sh*tshow of a year for Montreal where at one point we had half our AHL team up with Alzner playing as our first line RW, he still managed a 50 point season (Prorated to a full 82 games schedule).
Pageau just brought back a 18OA, 2nd, 3rd // JT Miller was traded for a 12OA, 3rd and a dude
The difference with those trade and here is that you're sending back a washed player counting for 4M$ up against my cap and Mete's ceiling isn't determined yet as -per advanced stats- he was our best LD when paired with Weber on the first pairing so I wouldn't trade him as he can still work on his thickness and balance to become a Bouillon like defenseman (Physically similar not playing style).
I don't want Montreal to part ways with Domi except if it's an offer they can't refuse.

On another subject you're stating that Winnipeg doesn't need cap space but Morrissey's new contract starts and Little should come back so that will leave you with roughly 15M$ to get -through free agency or resign- two second pairing defenseman, a pair of third line wingers, three depth players and a backup goalie. It's doable for a team that easily brings in free agents, as you can see through many years there hasn't been many big fish coming to Manitoba, in fact since 2012 other than Perreault and Kulikov nobody has signed for more than 2 years in July.

When Pageau was traded it was expected that the isles pick would be mid-late 20s, it just happened that the isles went on a terrible stretch after the trade. Miller was also supposed to be a pick around the 20’s (which it is not a 12 oa). Heck, even hall didn’t get a high end prospect like heinola. He got bahl sure but bahl is not heinola (oh and before you say that pick is 14 know that at the time of the trade Arizona was at the top of their division). I’m sorry but I’m not the one on top of a cloud. Domi isn’t a proven 70 pt forward yet. He is a mere 50 pt forward right now and a 12 oa for a 50 pt forward is generous.

Also mete? He has been in the league for what 3 season now and he is just a shutdown defensemen at best. Imo he isn’t good enough to make the jets d-core next year.

As for the jets cap issues, go do an armchair gm for WPG. We do not need to move perreault if we don’t go out and get a 2c. If we do we package one of the many prospects in the jest system (that the management has built so well to address our free agent attraction problems) and dump him. I’m sure some team would love to get a 3rd/4th and a Logan Stanley for him. We don’t drive up the price on a player we are trying to trade for. The only thing more important to first round picks in jets management is the core and former first round picks.

If you don’t want to part ways with domi then don’t. Just don’t make offers the jest would never accept
Apr. 18, 2020 at 1:21 a.m.
Quoting: HockeyFan989

jets decline btw.. dont even know if i would trade the first rounder for domi... the jets just have a so darn good record at drafting

My point exactly. The last time we pick top 15 (besides laine) we landed ehlers, before that morrissey, and it goes on. In fact the only true miss so far in the first round has been Logan Stanley. No way the jets move 12 oa and heinola. I doubt they even move 12 oa and heinola is definitely not going anywhere
HockeyFan989 liked this.
Apr. 18, 2020 at 11:09 a.m.
wpg
Quoting: ColonelX

the reason i wouldn't wanna pay that much for domi is that he kinda looks like a 1 year wonder, close to ppg player on a 25 year old c is damn good... this year just doesn't look convincing though
Apr. 18, 2020 at 11:13 a.m.
wpg
My point exactly. The last time we pick top 15 (besides laine) we landed ehlers, before that morrissey, and it goes on. In fact the only true miss so far in the first round has been Logan Stanley. No way the jets move 12 oa and heinola. I doubt they even move 12 oa and heinola is definitely not going anywhere

Agreed, even with the stanley pick cant say chevy messed up, the rest of the 1st round mostly doesn't look that hot as well
arafay liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll