SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

i don’t get the Stutzle hype

i don’t get the Stutzle hype

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Howisjulienstillhere
Published: Apr. 18, 2020 at 6:39 p.m.
Description
Gonna be really good, but better than byfield or Lafrenière?
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings
  2. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens
  3. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
Apr. 18, 2020 at 8:20 p.m.
Sincerly, I found Stutzle really good at the World Junior. He was probably the best player on the not so great Germany (after Seider), even if he was younger than guys like Dominik Bokk (which is another 1st rounder). During that time, Byfield struggled in the same situation, so it seemed for some people that Stutzle is better than Byfield. Personnaly, I think that both are amazing players, and they could both go in 2nd place.
Apr. 18, 2020 at 8:28 p.m.
Quoting: Suzuki_Cup
Sincerly, I found Stutzle really good at the World Junior. He was probably the best player on the not so great Germany (after Seider), even if he was younger than guys like Dominik Bokk (which is another 1st rounder). During that time, Byfield struggled in the same situation, so it seemed for some people that Stutzle is better than Byfield. Personnaly, I think that both are amazing players, and they could both go in 2nd place.

My only problem with Stutzle is goal scoring. He looked good at the juniors but had 0 goals, byfield was real young so I won’t count him. I don’t see a good shot on Stutzle and I worry that without great supporting snipers he might not reach his peak. Byfield and Lafrenière have good to very good shots. Also Stutzle can dominate due to his speed and agility in the larger rinks, I do t know how that will translate to the NHL
Apr. 19, 2020 at 1:31 a.m.
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
My only problem with Stutzle is goal scoring. He looked good at the juniors but had 0 goals, byfield was real young so I won’t count him. I don’t see a good shot on Stutzle and I worry that without great supporting snipers he might not reach his peak. Byfield and Lafrenière have good to very good shots. Also Stutzle can dominate due to his speed and agility in the larger rinks, I do t know how that will translate to the NHL

But there's plenty of players that aren't scorers that are superstars. Huberdeau, Marner, Teravainen, and Backstrom to name a few are all insane playmakers that aren't great at goalscoring. By definition, playmakers need scorers on their lines, so of course Stutzle won't reach his full potential without linemates that can capitalize on his chances. As for your comment about the bigger rink, I see a lot of Panarin in his game and think that will translate over just fine. He can make passes in tight. He might not be able to fly around the ice as much as he can now, but mobility, speed, and agility will only help him. Do I think he's better than Lafreniere? No. Do I think he's better than Byfield? I've asked that question a lot and I'm still not sure. Stutzle plays a more dynamic game but I think Byfield's full package (size, skill, skating, etc) make him an extremely special player, especially considering he's one of the youngest players in the draft. Stutzle is one of the most fluid and shifty skaters I have ever seen and he has the hands and brain to go along with it which also makes him an extremely special player. I can see why a team might take one over the other, but my guess is Byfield goes second.
Apr. 19, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
But there's plenty of players that aren't scorers that are superstars. Huberdeau, Marner, Teravainen, and Backstrom to name a few are all insane playmakers that aren't great at goalscoring. By definition, playmakers need scorers on their lines, so of course Stutzle won't reach his full potential without linemates that can capitalize on his chances. As for your comment about the bigger rink, I see a lot of Panarin in his game and think that will translate over just fine. He can make passes in tight. He might not be able to fly around the ice as much as he can now, but mobility, speed, and agility will only help him. Do I think he's better than Lafreniere? No. Do I think he's better than Byfield? I've asked that question a lot and I'm still not sure. Stutzle plays a more dynamic game but I think Byfield's full package (size, skill, skating, etc) make him an extremely special player, especially considering he's one of the youngest players in the draft. Stutzle is one of the most fluid and shifty skaters I have ever seen and he has the hands and brain to go along with it which also makes him an extremely special player. I can see why a team might take one over the other, but my guess is Byfield goes second.

Obviously you can be elite while not scoring much. Problem is like we’ve said is he’ll need a real good sniper, while byfield can pass and score also. That’s why I don’t get the Stutzle hype. He’ll be a real good passer but may not be able to drive his own line without a good player. He also doesn’t seem to be able to just grab the puck and riffle one in the back of the net. I don’t see his value being the same as byfield’s
TanSor liked this.
Apr. 19, 2020 at 1:25 p.m.
Obviously you can be elite while not scoring much. Problem is like we’ve said is he’ll need a real good sniper, while byfield can pass and score also. That’s why I don’t get the Stutzle hype. He’ll be a real good passer but may not be able to drive his own line without a good player. He also doesn’t seem to be able to just grab the puck and riffle one in the back of the net. I don’t see his value being the same as byfield’s

I think no matter who Stutzle has on his line, he's going to drive play. It's more about having linemates to capitalize on his chances. If you place a Backstrom or Marner with 4th line scrubs, they will still create tons of chances and drive the line, but they just won't get as many points. Byfield may be more of a one-man-show, but Stutzle is the superior playmaker IMO (you may disagree, but that's just how I feel). Stutzle also creates a ton of scoring chances with his hands. He may not have the shot that Byfield does, but he can make goalies look silly with the moves he can pull off and put the puck in the net. He will have to shoot more to keep goalies guessing at the next level, but his hands will allow him to score. As for your last sentence, that's totally fine, you're entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that there are very few players in the world with Stutzle's skating, hands, and playmaking and his ability to change the game in an instant makes him a special player. Byfield is special in a different way: he is really a jack of all trades player but he's great at everything and he has the size every scout drools over and that makes him special in his own way. I think arguing who has the higher ceiling is silly, because both have the ability to be franchise players if they can translate their games and develop properly.
Apr. 19, 2020 at 1:32 p.m.
I think no matter who Stutzle has on his line, he's going to drive play. It's more about having linemates to capitalize on his chances. If you place a Backstrom or Marner with 4th line scrubs, they will still create tons of chances and drive the line, but they just won't get as many points. Byfield may be more of a one-man-show, but Stutzle is the superior playmaker IMO (you may disagree, but that's just how I feel). Stutzle also creates a ton of scoring chances with his hands. He may not have the shot that Byfield does, but he can make goalies look silly with the moves he can pull off and put the puck in the net. He will have to shoot more to keep goalies guessing at the next level, but his hands will allow him to score. As for your last sentence, that's totally fine, you're entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that there are very few players in the world with Stutzle's skating, hands, and playmaking and his ability to change the game in an instant makes him a special player. Byfield is special in a different way: he is really a jack of all trades player but he's great at everything and he has the size every scout drools over and that makes him special in his own way. I think arguing who has the higher ceiling is silly, because both have the ability to be franchise players if they can translate their games and develop properly.

I used my words wrong, you ended up understanding my point. Both insane talents, byfield one man show, Stutzle relies more on teammates.
I’m done
TanSor liked this.
Apr. 19, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
I used my words wrong, you ended up understanding my point. Both insane talents, byfield one man show, Stutzle relies more on teammates.
I’m done

Hey no worries, I love discussing prospects with people who know what they're talking about. I respect your opinion, and I would not be surprised at all if Byfield ends up with a better career when it's all said and done.
Apr. 19, 2020 at 8:31 p.m.
Hey no worries, I love discussing prospects with people who know what they're talking about. I respect your opinion, and I would not be surprised at all if Byfield ends up with a better career when it's all said and done.

I’m done

I think you guys should watch Stutzle highlights on YouTube from his play in the DEL. I have watched him snipe several shots. Mostly short side. But he can fire the puck. He will need a year in the AHL to sharpen his game to N American rinks.
Stutzle has more points than Byfield at the WJC simply because he played more minutes. More PP time etc. Byfield played like 8 minutes per game on a loaded team. I’d like to know how many of Stutzle‘s points were on the PP.
I’m honestly taking Quinton Byfield over Stutzle because he’s the full pkg - as noted above. Size strength skating agility playmaker shooter. He’s also not 18 till August. Putting up loads of points in the OHL. I’d want that guy on a deep playoff run over Stutzle.
Apr. 19, 2020 at 8:35 p.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
I think you guys should watch Stutzle highlights on YouTube from his play in the DEL. I have watched him snipe several shots. Mostly short side. But he can fire the puck. He will need a year in the AHL to sharpen his game to N American rinks.
Stutzle has more points than Byfield at the WJC simply because he played more minutes. More PP time etc. Byfield played like 8 minutes per game on a loaded team. I’d like to know how many of Stutzle‘s points were on the PP.
I’m honestly taking Quinton Byfield over Stutzle because he’s the full pkg - as noted above. Size strength skating agility playmaker shooter. He’s also not 18 till August. Putting up loads of points in the OHL. I’d want that guy on a deep playoff run over Stutzle.

I love this kid and his highlights. He has a good shot every 10 shots. He has 7 goals in the del and had 0 in the wjc. I think he’ll be like marner, 20-25 goals maybe 30 if everything goes perfectly
Duggysdanglers liked this.
Apr. 19, 2020 at 8:45 p.m.
I love this kid and his highlights. He has a good shot every 10 shots. He has 7 goals in the del and had 0 in the wjc. I think he’ll be like marner, 20-25 goals maybe 30 if everything goes perfectly

I think Stutzle would have 40 goals in the OHL. It is really too bad that we won’t see him in the U-18’s. Obviously playing vs men in DEL limits his scoring opportunities.
If I was the team drafting him, I’d want him to go play in the AHL. I’d give him his 9 NHL games then try the AHL.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll