Quoting: MaxDomi13
Lafreniere is picked 217th then right

Why would we want a French, superstar?
Apr. 20, 2020 at 8:13 p.m.
Full looney tune on this one.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 8:15 p.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
Full looney tune on this one.

I know it cuz everyone keeps mentioning that I really want us to take Quinn at 8
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 8:27 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
I know it cuz everyone keeps mentioning that I really want us to take Quinn at 8

Lol - Holtz, Perfetti (because of his hockey IQ), and I’ve come around on Quinn (assumes Laf, Byfield, Stutzle are gone by our pick)
Apr. 20, 2020 at 8:28 p.m.
Quoting: Leemer
Lol - Holtz, Perfetti (because of his hockey IQ), and I’ve come around on Quinn (assumes Laf, Byfield, Stutzle are gone by our pick)

You like Quinn now!
Yes!
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
We all know you want MTL to add a goalscorer. That doesn't make Quinn a top 8 pick imo. Maybe MTL trades back to 12 or something. Or just drafts Holtz.
Leemer liked this.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 8:47 p.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
We all know you want MTL to add a goalscorer. That doesn't make Quinn a top 8 pick imo. Maybe MTL trades back to 12 or something. Or just drafts Holtz.

I think he is a top 8 pick and multiple “professionals” think he is as well. That being said sure if you can trade back and gain a pick why not, but u have to endure that You’ll get him if not u messed up big time
Apr. 20, 2020 at 8:52 p.m.
Fan of the OHL

In previous years ev1 jumped on the Zadina and Lavoie bandwagon because they wanted a goal scorer too - well guess what Zadina has not progressed that fast yet and Lavoie seems to have lumbered along just ok. I rank Holtz and Perfetti ahead of Quinn who I can accept but agree with your thinking he may be a bit of a reach at number 8 and would prefer a trade back to better match his ability
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:02 p.m.
I think he is a top 8 pick and multiple “professionals” think he is as well. That being said sure if you can trade back and gain a pick why not, but u have to endure that You’ll get him if not u messed up big time

I don't think it's an unrealistic scenario where Quinn slips to 12 if he's available at 8th. There are 8 players who should go ahead of him (Laf, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi, Drysdale, Perfetti, Holtz).

Chicago needs a goalie, they will definitely take Askarov.

Jersey needs high end Defensemen, Jake Sanderson makes a ton of sense for them.

Minny could definitely use a Center, and Lundell is supposed to be the second coming of Mikko Koivu.

Then you have Jack Quinn gift wrapped to you at 12th, plus whatever haul you get for moving a top 10 pick.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:04 p.m.
In previous years ev1 jumped on the Zadina and Lavoie bandwagon because they wanted a goal scorer too - well guess what Zadina has not progressed that fast yet and Lavoie seems to have lumbered along just ok. I rank Holtz and Perfetti ahead of Quinn who I can accept but agree with your thinking he may be a bit of a reach at number 8 and would prefer a trade back to better match his ability

I would be happy with Quinn at 8 but if are fully confident that he’ll be there later obviously get an extra pick if it’s something good. That being said zadina is fine, and remember how he fell to 6. It’s because of attitude problems. I don’t personally know Quinn but after reading that he trained real hard all offseason to become great I know that he has a good work ethic and should develop fine. I’m fine with you ranking them over Quinn. I just really like him because he does everything needed to be a great goal scorer in the nhl. (Hands,shot,skating,redirecting pucks, battles hard.) I won’t be too upset if we get Holtz or Perfetti because they can score and are great talents, I hope we get the best player possible. A sniper is preferred
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:06 p.m.
I don't think it's an unrealistic scenario where Quinn slips to 12 if he's available at 8th. There are 8 players who should go ahead of him (Laf, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi, Drysdale, Perfetti, Holtz).

Chicago needs a goalie, they will definitely take Askarov.

Jersey needs high end Defensemen, Jake Sanderson makes a ton of sense for them.

Minny could definitely use a Center, and Lundell is supposed to be the second coming of Mikko Koivu.

Then you have Jack Quinn gift wrapped to you at 12th, plus whatever haul you get for moving a top 10 pick.

Sounds good. If we can get a second for that then hell ya! Move a couple of seconds to late first and everything is perfect
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:10 p.m.

I think there are at least 8 players who are clearly better, and I think the teams between 8 and 12 all have players they would have ahead of Quinn. It's probably a risk, but I think it's a relatively safe bet, and it's one worth making if you're Montreal.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.
Sounds good. If we can get a second for that then hell ya! Move a couple of seconds to late first and everything is perfect

I would be disgusted if MTL traded back and got Quinn, then traded up into the late 1st to draft William Wallinder or someone.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:13 p.m.

I think Montreal should trade up rather down. They have 13-14 picks this years Draft. And 9-10 next year. Plus a bevy of prospects to deal. Pkg something and move up into the top 5. Then get the player they need.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
I think Montreal should trade up rather down. They have 13-14 picks this years Draft. And 9-10 next year. Plus a bevy of prospects to deal. Pkg something and move up into the top 5. Then get the player they need.

Who is worth trading up for?
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:21 p.m.
I would be disgusted if MTL traded back and got Quinn, then traded up into the late 1st to draft William Wallinder or someone.

Trade down get Quinn the move up and get lapierre,peterka,foerster,Perrault etc...
Claesson4Norris and Leemer liked this.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:27 p.m.
Who is worth trading up for?

Not Jack Quinn — who btw is a pretty solid prospect. I’d say Holtz for you since you need a bonafide sniper. Holtz can and will do that for you. I think it’s unlikely he’s available at #8. Maybe but probably not. I’d offer NJ your #8 and a second round pick plus a D prospect to move up to #6. Which prospect and which second round pick is up in the air but that’s the framework.
csick liked this.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:28 p.m.
KFTW
If I’m Montreal, I’d take it like this if all these are available:
1) Holtz/Raymond
2) Perfetti
3) Quinn

I think Perfetti would be real solid in Montreal. Besides sniping, he’s a much better player than Quinn. Obvs if they fall, Holtz or Raymond would be the most ideal. Holtz for his sniping ability at an elite level or Raymond for his all around ability. Imo, Raymond is a much better version of William Nylander who can still get 30 goals a season and be good at both ends of the ice and his worth ethic is amazing
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:28 p.m.
Not Jack Quinn — who btw is a pretty solid prospect. I’d say Holtz for you since you need a bonafide sniper. Holtz can and will do that for you. I think it’s unlikely he’s available at #8. Maybe but probably not. I’d offer NJ your #8 and a second round pick plus a D prospect to move up to #6. Which prospect and which second round pick is up in the air but that’s the framework.

How is that worth it?
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:32 p.m.
Quoting: csick
If I’m Montreal, I’d take it like this if all these are available:
1) Holtz/Raymond
2) Perfetti
3) Quinn

I think Perfetti would be real solid in Montreal. Besides sniping, he’s a much better player than Quinn. Obvs if they fall, Holtz or Raymond would be the most ideal. Holtz for his sniping ability at an elite level or Raymond for his all around ability. Imo, Raymond is a much better version of William Nylander who can still get 30 goals a season and be good at both ends of the ice and his worth ethic is amazing

Raymond is like nylander before this year. 20 goals 40 assists kinda guy. He good but not great. Perfetti is nice but he’s not a great skater and that’ll hold him back. Holtz is not as good as Quinn imo but that doesn’t matter. I like Quinn the best but do you think Holtz/Perfetti are worth moving a second and maybe more for.
csick liked this.
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:38 p.m.
Raymond is like nylander before this year. 20 goals 40 assists kinda guy. He good but not great. Perfetti is nice but he’s not a great skater and that’ll hold him back. Holtz is not as good as Quinn imo but that doesn’t matter. I like Quinn the best but do you think Holtz/Perfetti are worth moving a second and maybe more for.

If u use a second to move up here are two scenarios choose
Perfetti or Raymond or Holtz and foerster
Quinn and foerster and neighbours
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:43 p.m.
KFTW

He’s not that bad of a skater. I think Perfetti is a 40 goal guy in the NHL. Raymond will be better than Nylander this year imo. I have really high hopes for him.

Quinn = Debrincat type player.
Holtz = Laine
Raymond = Landeskog
Perfetti = will be very similar to Pastrnak but a level below
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
Quoting: csick
He’s not that bad of a skater. I think Perfetti is a 40 goal guy in the NHL. Raymond will be better than Nylander this year imo. I have really high hopes for him.

Quinn = Debrincat type player.
Holtz = Laine
Raymond = Landeskog
Perfetti = will be very similar to Pastrnak but a level below

How is Raymond like landeskog? He’s tiny
Quinn is a watered down pasta
Perfetti is a watered down Kane
Holtz is a watered down laine
Raymond is a watered down marner
Apr. 20, 2020 at 9:48 p.m.
How is Raymond like landeskog? He’s tiny
Quinn is a watered down pasta
Perfetti is a watered down Kane
Holtz is a watered down laine
Raymond is a watered down marner

If you hit on Perfetti he’s the best there. But you have to look at likely hood
Quinn and Holtz have the highest chance of reaching their peak(40 g 30 a)
Raymond is nice but he doesn’t do anything amazingly.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll