SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Early June Draft Sens Mock Possibility 9/9 (Top 15)

Early June Draft Sens Mock Possibility 9/9 (Top 15)

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: dzhanger
Published: May 2, 2020 at 6:52 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings
  2. Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils
  3. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
May 2, 2020 at 6:54 p.m.
9 possibilities?
Habs also either get Perfetti or Rossi in each?
May 2, 2020 at 7:10 p.m.
Edited May 2, 2020 at 7:21 p.m.
9 possibilities based on theory of proposed early June draft where each time can rise at most 4 spots and drop lowest by 1. Based on that theory, Sens can either finish 1 & 3, 2 & 3 if Wings get 1st, 2&4 if Kings get third, 2&4 if Ducks get third, 2&4 if Devils get third, 3&4 if Kings get second, 3&4 if Ducks get second, 3&4 if Devils get second, or 3&4 if Sabres get first. I did not consider movements outside of the top 3 picks. Habs will draft someone else if I mocked and they jumped up to (4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th). All my mock drafts had them at 8th. At their current spot at 8, I see them drafting either Perfetti or Rossi depending on how the top 7 shapes up. I see them picking Perfetti or Rossi ahead of Quinn as they are more well rounded. Quinn is more 1 dimensional with his only skill being sniping. I feel Perfetti or Rossi would help the Habs more than Quinn would. Maybe if someone above them in my scenarios goes off the board, I may see them picking maybe Raymond or Holtz or maybe Drysdale. But doubt that would happen as I see them in the top 6. Habs may select one of them if they move up with some luck in the lottery
May 2, 2020 at 7:34 p.m.
Quoting: dzhanger
9 possibilities based on theory of proposed early June draft where each time can rise at most 4 spots and drop lowest by 1. Based on that theory, Sens can either finish 1 & 3, 2 & 3 if Wings get 1st, 2&4 if Kings get third, 2&4 if Ducks get third, 2&4 if Devils get third, 3&4 if Kings get second, 3&4 if Ducks get second, 3&4 if Devils get second, or 3&4 if Sabres get first. I did not consider movements outside of the top 3 picks. Habs will draft someone else if I mocked and they jumped up to (4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th). All my mock drafts had them at 8th. At their current spot at 8, I see them drafting either Perfetti or Rossi depending on how the top 7 shapes up. I see them picking Perfetti or Rossi ahead of Quinn as they are more well rounded. Quinn is more 1 dimensional with his only skill being sniping. I feel Perfetti or Rossi would help the Habs more than Quinn would. Maybe if someone above them in my scenarios goes off the board, I may see them picking maybe Raymond or Holtz or maybe Drysdale. But doubt that would happen as I see them in the top 6. Habs may select one of them if they move up with some luck in the lottery

The current lottery u can only move up to top 3. That being said I assume u took this from bob McKenzie who spoke without thinking. THIS VERSION WONT HAPPEN! That being said agin, Quinn is a sniper who plays better defense than Perfetti and has very good hands. I think holtz is the only one dimensional player in the draft
May 2, 2020 at 7:57 p.m.
Edited May 2, 2020 at 8:04 p.m.
I know. I did top 3 because considering all movements would be too much to do. Realistically i know that any team in the top 15 can move up at most 4 or drop at most 1. For time sake, I only considered movements involving teams moving into the top 3. Habs if this lottery proposal is accepted will not be able to do that. They can go either 4, 5, 6, or 7. I dont know why you are upset with rossi or perfetti. Unless you are like all other habs fans obsessed with goal scoring and having tall players and valuing that over skill. Rossi and Perfetti are very skilled. Quinn I see as just a goal scorer. And he only did that for 1 season on a stacked 67s team. But against, just my opinion.
May 2, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
I know. I did top 3 because considering all movements would be too much to do. Realistically i know that any team in the top 15 can move up at most 4 or drop at most 1. For time sake, I only considered movements involving teams moving into the top 3. Habs if this lottery proposal is accepted will not be able to do that. They can go either 4, 5, 6, or 7. I dont know why you are upset with rossi or perfetti. Unless you are like all other habs fans obsessed with goal scoring and having tall players and valuing that over skill. Rossi and Perfetti are very skilled. Quinn I see as just a goal scorer. And he only did that for 1 season on a stacked 67s team. But against, just my opinion.

Mtl can only get 1,2,3,8,9. The thing u proposed is not how the lottery works. It was a dumb suggestion by bob McKenzie which makes no sense. The normal lottery like last year will continue. I’m not pissed about Perfetti I’m kinda pissed about Rossi due to the fact that we need goals and not another small playmaker centre
May 2, 2020 at 8:21 p.m.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-daly-state-case-early-june-draft-memo-sent-teams/
Read the article. I consider it a possibility as the commissioner office strongly wants it to happen and Bill Daly wrote a memo to teams laying out the advantages. I strongly believe that it will happen considering the source and reported author of the memo. Once again, I have not said it will happen and said right now, it is just a theory. I said if the proposal happens. Based on what the article says, it says this year is unique and NHL wants to fill the gap between now and a maybe resumption in the summer and a draft would do that. To avoid the chance of a team winning both the lottery and the cup, they suggested a proposal for just this year of all teams only being able to move up to 4 spots and down at most 1. In this case, habs will be 4,5,6,7,8 or 9 depending on how the lottery happens. I understand that this is not what you want as you probably like most habs fans want number 1 and that this proposal would not be viewed favourably by most fanbases. But considering who wrote the memo, I believe that it will happen.
May 2, 2020 at 8:55 p.m.
Edited May 2, 2020 at 9:00 p.m.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-daly-state-case-early-june-draft-memo-sent-teams/
Read the article. I consider it a possibility as the commissioner office strongly wants it to happen and Bill Daly wrote a memo to teams laying out the advantages. I strongly believe that it will happen considering the source and reported author of the memo. Once again, I have not said it will happen and said right now, it is just a theory. I said if the proposal happens. Based on what the article says, it says this year is unique and NHL wants to fill the gap between now and a maybe resumption in the summer and a draft would do that. To avoid the chance of a team winning both the lottery and the cup, they suggested a proposal for just this year of all teams only being able to move up to 4 spots and down at most 1. In this case, habs will be 4,5,6,7,8 or 9 depending on how the lottery happens. I understand that this is not what you want as you probably like most habs fans want number 1 and that this proposal would not be viewed favourably by most fanbases. But considering who wrote the memo, I believe that it will happen.

Try quoting me so I get a notification. That being said u are misreading the statements. Moving up 4 spots is for the 5 lottery teams. Meaning Ana can move up 4 not mtl. I never read the article so it’s nice to see it. If we can’t get Lafreniere oh well 😔. I can’t see this happening tho, New Jersey is 12 points out and don’t get a shot at Lafrenière or the ducks depending on percentage. Maybe I’m wrong but teams will be pissed
May 2, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
Try quoting me so I get a notification. That being said u are misreading the statements. Moving up 4 spots is for the 5 lottery teams. Meaning Ana can move up 4 not mtl. I never read the article so it’s nice to see it. If we can’t get Lafreniere oh well 😔. I can’t see this happening tho, New Jersey is 12 points out and don’t get a shot at Lafrenière or the ducks depending on percentage. Maybe I’m wrong but teams will be pissed

After this article came out, bob mckenzie, pierre lebrun and multiple other reports have stated that if this proposal happens, all teams can move up 4 and down 1. Movements are not restricted to the 5 lottery teams. What the article states is that the potential to land the first overall pick post this proposed lottery scenario is restricted for the 5 lottery teams (in this case, Detroit, Ottawa, San Jose (belonging to Ottawa), Los Angeles, and Anaheim) as one of the rules set in this new proposed format is that each team can move as much up 4 and as much down 1 from pre lottery positions. The pre lottery positions would be determined based on team winning percentages before March 12th when the league shut down. To explain this matter more, non lottery teams (6 through 15) could move up as much as 4 spots, remain at their current lottery position, or go down by 1 spot post lottery. For example, Montreal currently at 8, could move as far up as 4 spots to 4 and as far down as 9. Even the 15th overall team based on points percentage, has the chances of moving up 4 spots (obviously, they can't move down 1 spot as there are only 15 teams in the lottery). I know it is complicated to understand and took me a while to comprehend and I agree with you, this definitely will piss off most teams. A lot of team executives are not in favour of it but the league for monetary reasons i believe really wants it to happen. If the draft happens, they get broadcasting revenue as broadcasters (SNET and NBC) have already agreed to broadcast the draft in early June if the proposal happens.
May 2, 2020 at 9:17 p.m.
After this article came out, bob mckenzie, pierre lebrun and multiple other reports have stated that if this proposal happens, all teams can move up 4 and down 1. Movements are not restricted to the 5 lottery teams. What the article states is that the potential to land the first overall pick post this proposed lottery scenario is restricted for the 5 lottery teams (in this case, Detroit, Ottawa, San Jose (belonging to Ottawa), Los Angeles, and Anaheim) as one of the rules set in this new proposed format is that each team can move as much up 4 and as much down 1 from pre lottery positions. The pre lottery positions would be determined based on team winning percentages before March 12th when the league shut down. To explain this matter more, non lottery teams (6 through 15) could move up as much as 4 spots, remain at their current lottery position, or go down by 1 spot post lottery. For example, Montreal currently at 8, could move as far up as 4 spots to 4 and as far down as 9. Even the 15th overall team based on points percentage, has the chances of moving up 4 spots (obviously, they can't move down 1 spot as there are only 15 teams in the lottery). I know it is complicated to understand and took me a while to comprehend and I agree with you, this definitely will piss off most teams. A lot of team executives are not in favour of it but the league for monetary reasons i believe really wants it to happen. If the draft happens, they get broadcasting revenue as broadcasters (SNET and NBC) have already agreed to broadcast the draft in early June if the proposal happens.

So how does this work? In terms of for example mtl. Do we have call it 6.5 percent at getting 4 5.5 for getting 5 for example. Thx for the info
May 2, 2020 at 9:30 p.m.
So how does this work? In terms of for example mtl. Do we have call it 6.5 percent at getting 4 5.5 for getting 5 for example. Thx for the info

I am not sure how the percentages would work as it has not been revealed nor do I have the math skills to figure it out LOL. I know that teams slotted higher pre lottery would have a higher chance of moving up as it is still a lottery after all. I know that obviously, the lottery teams (1-5) will have much increased odds of selecting #1 than this current lottery system as instead of 15 teams getting odds at #1, there would be only 5. The same should also apply for teams outside the lottery for #1 (obviously, odds won't go up as much). Sorry I couldn't provide you more info. And no worries with the update. I am a Sens fan (representing the minority of the league fans) who actually like this proposed scenario if it happens as it heavily favours us (selfish reasons).
May 2, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
I am not sure how the percentages would work as it has not been revealed nor do I have the math skills to figure it out LOL. I know that teams slotted higher pre lottery would have a higher chance of moving up as it is still a lottery after all. I know that obviously, the lottery teams will have much increased odds of selecting #1 than this current lottery system as instead of 15 teams getting odds at #1, there would be only 5. The same should also apply for teams outside the lottery for #1 (obviously, odds won't go up as much). Sorry I couldn't provide you more info. And no worries with the update. I am a Sens fan (representing the minority of the league fans) who actually like this proposed scenario if it happens as it heavily favours us (selfish reasons).

I walked away from the conversation with more knowledge than when I came in so thank you. It technically may work out in the Habs favour as we could end up with 4.
May 2, 2020 at 9:39 p.m.

I don't see how this makes sense, but it seems to be the preferred option for the League. It sounds like a decision could be made as early as Monday.

It really seems like this only benefits two teams, Detroit and Ottawa. Detroit is guaranteed 1st or 2nd, and Ottawa's worst case scenario goes from 5th and 6th to 3rd and 4th, with the most likely scenarios behind 2nd+3rd or 1st+3rd. I don't know how this is fair for the rest of the league, but as a Sens fan I love this option.
May 2, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
I walked away from the conversation with more knowledge than when I came in so thank you. It technically may work out in the Habs favour as we could end up with 4.

No problem, for sure that would be great for Habs fans. Personally, I am not sure how I would feel if this proposed lottery system was approved and happened and the Sens landed lafreniere. I would be kind of conflicted if that happened. Obviously, I would be excited but at the same time, I would feel weird or that karma would come back to bite us because we kind of got him in an unconventional manner that severely favoured us. I would feel much better about it if we landed him in the conventional way. However, I dont think it will favour us for long as I am pessimistic that our cheap owner will be able to keep him for long unless we get a new owner. But at the same time, the conventional way would mean we have much less guarantees and could potentially fall somewhere between (5-10) for both our picks if the regular season resumed and the Sens and Sharks both won a **** ton of remainder games (i know, highly unlikely). The proposed new way, we are guaranteed no worse than (3 & 4).
May 2, 2020 at 9:45 p.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I don't see how this makes sense, but it seems to be the preferred option for the League. It sounds like a decision could be made as early as Monday.

It really seems like this only benefits two teams, Detroit and Ottawa. Detroit is guaranteed 1st or 2nd, and Ottawa's worst case scenario goes from 5th and 6th to 3rd and 4th, with the most likely scenarios behind 2nd+3rd or 1st+3rd. I don't know how this is fair for the rest of the league, but as a Sens fan I love this option.

Ottawa will get 1*3 or 1*3 cause they have two last spots. It benefits all bottom 5 teams cause they all have increased shots at one. That being said it is what it is. Hopefully mtl walks out with the best player for us. If ur confused look at the article that the other guy linked to above
May 2, 2020 at 9:49 p.m.
No problem, for sure that would be great for Habs fans. Personally, I am not sure how I would feel if this proposed lottery system was approved and happened and the Sens landed lafreniere. I would be kind of conflicted if that happened. Obviously, I would be excited but at the same time, I would feel weird or that karma would come back to bite us because we kind of got him in an unconventional manner that severely favoured us. I would feel much better about it if we landed him in the conventional way. However, I dont think it will favour us for long as I am pessimistic that our cheap owner will be able to keep him for long unless we get a new owner. But at the same time, the conventional way would mean we have much less guarantees and could potentially fall somewhere between (5-10) for both our picks if the regular season resumed and the Sens and Sharks both won a **** ton of remainder games (i know, highly unlikely). The proposed new way, we are guaranteed no worse than (3 & 4).

What ever happens it’s cool. Ottawa and Detroit hit the jackpot while New Jersey gets screwed( but the got 2/3 anyways). He’s cheap but I think it’s overkill by the fans. He didn’t want to pay older stars big cash but look where that got u, maybe Lafrenière and byfield. He’ll pay them and I have a feeling you’ll be real good in 3-4 if not sooner and he’ll pay the guys.
dzhanger liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 9:55 p.m.
What ever happens it’s cool. Ottawa and Detroit hit the jackpot while New Jersey gets screwed( but the got 2/3 anyways). He’s cheap but I think it’s overkill by the fans. He didn’t want to pay older stars big cash but look where that got u, maybe Lafrenière and byfield. He’ll pay them and I have a feeling you’ll be real good in 3-4 if not sooner and he’ll pay the guys.

I sure hope so. And I do believe that Montreal will get better soon. Hopefully the draft this year will help them out too.
May 2, 2020 at 9:58 p.m.
Edited May 2, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
I sure hope so. And I do believe that Montreal will get better soon. Hopefully the draft this year will help them out too.

Kinda hope we get 4 so we can send the draft to hell. Make everyone scramble maybe. Is there a chance u guys can take Drysdale and let us get stutzle?
The draft will help cuz we can get Lafreniere! Oh wait
May 2, 2020 at 10:04 p.m.
Kinda hope we get 4 so we can send the draft to hell. Make everyone scramble maybe. Is there a chance u guys can take Drysdale and let us get stutzle?

I would not want the Sens to consider taking Drysdale for sure no matter what the other pick is (1 or 2). They already have Chabot, I strongly believe that Wolanin can be a stud (top 4), and we have brannstrom who will come up in a year or two and contribute not to mention we also have Bernard Docker and Thompson. So I wouldnt take Drysdale. If we get lucky and land number 1 and 3 and draft Lafreniere at 1, I would definitely be picking Stutzle (if byfield is gone at 2 which i think he will be). We need an elite center as Sens are starving for one. If we get number 2 and 3, I would want them to draft Byfield at 2. In that case, they would consider drafting between Stutzle and Raymond. In that case, I think that Sens may consider Raymond and let Stutzle to 4 for habs if they move up to 4. Thats the only case I see the Habs getting Stutzle at 4.
May 2, 2020 at 10:05 p.m.
Ottawa will get 1*3 or 1*3 cause they have two last spots. It benefits all bottom 5 teams cause they all have increased shots at one. That being said it is what it is. Hopefully mtl walks out with the best player for us. If ur confused look at the article that the other guy linked to above

2+3 is still the most likely scenario I believe, because of how high Detroit's odds of winning are. There was a breakdown on Twitter that put their odds of getting 1st at like 40 something percent.
May 2, 2020 at 10:06 p.m.
I would not want the Sens to consider taking Drysdale for sure no matter what the other pick is (1 or 2). They already have Chabot, I strongly believe that Wolanin can be a stud (top 4), and we have brannstrom who will come up in a year or two and contribute not to mention we also have Bernard Docker and Thompson. So I wouldnt take Drysdale. If we get lucky and land number 1 and 3 and draft Lafreniere at 1, I would definitely be picking Stutzle (if byfield is gone at 2 which i think he will be). We need an elite center as Sens are starving for one. If we get number 2 and 3, I would want them to draft Byfield at 2. In that case, they would consider drafting between Stutzle and Raymond. In that case, I think that Sens may consider Raymond and let Stutzle to 4 for habs if they move up to 4. Thats the only case I see the Habs getting Stutzle at 4.

So your saying there’s a chance
May 2, 2020 at 10:07 p.m.
For sure, there would be.
May 2, 2020 at 10:07 p.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
2+3 is still the most likely scenario I believe, because of how high Detroit's odds of winning are. There was a breakdown on Twitter that put their odds of getting 1st at like 40 something percent.

40 percent at 1 means 60 percent at two for Detroit. By those number 1*3 is most likely
May 2, 2020 at 10:08 p.m.
So your saying there’s a chance

For sure, I dont know how the Sens management views Raymond.
May 2, 2020 at 10:10 p.m.
For sure, I dont know how the Sens management views Raymond.

Hopefully very high and we get 4!
May 2, 2020 at 10:14 p.m.
Hopefully very high and we get 4!

We have had success at drafting Swedish players in the past and we have done it in the past (ex: Karlsson, Zibanejad, and Alfredsson). So they wouldn't be against the concept. We shall see.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll