Forums/Armchair-GM

Bruins trade and Hoffman rental

Created by: JaayDC
Team: 2020-21 Edmonton Oilers
Initial Creation Date: May 4, 2020
Published: May 4, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
1. Hoffman rental. Gives EDM a chance for a cup. Leaves EDM the next year for more money.

2. Aaron Dell takes a discount as backup goalie to join EDM.

3. AA and Bear gets signed to bridge deals.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,000,000
2$3,000,000
1$1,000,000
1$732,222
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$5,500,000
1$800,000
1$1,500,000
Trades
EDM
    CBO
    EDM
    1. Wotherspoon, Parker [RFA Rights]
    2. 2022 5th round pick (NYI)
    EDM
    1. Kuraly, Sean
    Additional Details:
    BOS loses 2nd round. Needed change.
    BOS
    1. Khaira, Jujhar
    Additional Details:
    Oilers lose 2nd round. Needed change.
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$81,489,365$341,534$730,000$10,635
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $12,500,000$12,500,000
    C
    UFA - 6
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    RW
    UFA - 4
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 5
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$230,000$230K)
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $808,333$808,333
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,150,000$2,150,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $875,000$875,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Boston Bruins
    $1,275,000$1,275,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,167,000$4,167,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    RD
    RFA - 3
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,600,000$5,600,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $850,000$850,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $4,166,666$4,166,666
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $915,000$915,000
    C
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 4, 2020 at 9:11 p.m.
    Quoting: keep_ups12
    These Edmonton acgms are so stupid. Why would Hoffman, Hall and Ennis all take these discounts? This is so dumb

Ennis is EDM born and has the same contract as last year. Hoffman can get more money next year due to the cap crunch this year, plus getting a chance for the cup.
    May 4, 2020 at 9:14 p.m.
    Quoting: JaayDC
    Ennis is EDM born and has the same contract as last year. Hoffman can get more money next year due to the cap crunch this year, plus getting a chance for the cup.

Lol and your telling me a team like Montreal can't afford 6mil. He can stay in Florida and get more money
    May 4, 2020 at 9:16 p.m.
    These Edmonton acgms are so stupid. Why would Hoffman, Hall and Ennis all take these discounts? This is so dumb

I’ve probably seen a million Toronto acgm where players take discounts so that’s kinda funny HA!
    JaayDC liked this.
    May 4, 2020 at 9:18 p.m.
    Lol and your telling me a team like Montreal can't afford 6mil. He can stay in Florida and get more money

Did you not see that this was a 1 year contract? To get a chance for a cup? Montreal and Florida are barely getting to the playoffs so your argument doesn’t make any sense.
    May 4, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
    Quoting: Cheddamonkey37
    I’ve probably seen a million Toronto acgm where players take discounts so that’s kinda funny HA!

yes. Did I say leaf fans don't do the same? Edmonton and Toronto threads are terrible. Just trading away players like Johnsson, Russel and signing guys

Did you not see that this was a 1 year contract? To get a chance for a cup? Montreal and Florida are barely getting to the playoffs so your argument doesn’t make any sense.

Yes If I was Hoffman I would take more money with Montreal and Florida on a longer term deal. If he was that cheap I would sign him as a leaf
    May 4, 2020 at 9:24 p.m.
    Edited May 5, 2020 at 9:55 a.m. by F50marco
    yes. Did I say leaf fans don't do the same? Edmonton and Toronto threads are terrible. Just trading away players like Johnsson, Russel and signing guys

Yes If I was Hoffman I would take more money with Montreal and Florida on a longer term deal. If he was that cheap I would sign him as a leaf

Teams are gonna be in a cup crunch this year due to covid. He’s gonna get more money next year while competing for a cup this year. Cheap? He had 5.1 on his previous contract and you better fix your d core before you sign another forward.
    May 4, 2020 at 9:26 p.m.
    Teams are gonna be in a cup crunch this year due to covid. He’s gonna get more money next year while competing for a cup this year. Cheap? He had 5.1 on his previous contract and you better fix your d core before you sign another forward lol dumb leaf gm.

What the heck is it with people just randomly changing the topic? Whenever I criticize an acgm people just turn it around the other way. I came here to talk about oilers not leafs. And when was I the leafs gm
    Yes and Montreal will have over 20mil in cap space as you have a cbo here. Maybe even cAlGaRy
    May 4, 2020 at 9:30 p.m.
    What the heck is it with people just randomly changing the topic? Whenever I criticize an acgm people just turn it around the other way. I came here to talk about oilers not leafs. And when was I the leafs gm
    Yes and Montreal will have over 20mil in cap space as you have a cbo here. Maybe even cAlGaRy

Lol get back to your comment. You’re the one who changed the argument saying if he would sign that cheap then you would sign him as a leaf, when you’re in an oilers gm thread. My reply was just a rebuttal. Lol you’re a joke.
    May 4, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
    Lol get back to your comment. You’re the one who changed the argument saying if he would sign that cheap then you would sign him as a leaf, when you’re in an oilers gm thread. My reply was just a rebuttal. Lol you’re a joke.

Yes that revolves around Hoffman which is part of this post. You just directly changed it to calling me a dumb leaf gm and now you're calling me rude?
    That's just completely what a 9 year old says who is for some reason super mad
    When I was saying we could sign Hoffman I was making a comment basically saying that he won't be that cheap. I was being sarcastic leafs have no need for Hoffman
    Please go back to school a find a way to actually respect people around websites
    Pharow liked this.
    May 4, 2020 at 9:49 p.m.
    I think the only thing that might not happen (if any did for real life) is the Hoffman signing. I think he will want more term, and a little more money.
    JaayDC liked this.
    May 4, 2020 at 10:01 p.m.
    Yes that revolves around Hoffman which is part of this post. You just directly changed it to calling me a dumb leaf gm and now you're calling me rude?
    When I was saying we could sign Hoffman I was making a comment basically saying that he won't be that cheap. I was being sarcastic leafs have no need for Hoffman
    Please go back to school a find a way to actually respect people around websites

Do me a favour and look at your very first comment on this thread, then think about what you all just said.

Trolls always keep threads interesting so thanks for that smile
    May 4, 2020 at 10:04 p.m.
    Banned

Don’t bother with that kind of person!
    KeepUps15 liked this.
    May 4, 2020 at 10:04 p.m.
    Do me a favour and look at your very first comment on this thread, then think about what you all just said.

Trolls always keep threads interesting so thanks for that smile

You just quoted my comment twice.
    Apparently you just wanna talk about something else so I guess I will just follow along.
    This is getting so off topic. If you don't wanna hear constructive criticism then don't post threads
    May 4, 2020 at 10:06 p.m.
    Quoting: Sebybbq
    Don’t bother with that kind of person!

I don't. they don't bother me at all. I just ignore them and continue on with my day with respectful people like you
    Pharow liked this.
    May 4, 2020 at 10:13 p.m.

This is how you started then you’re even gonna bother talking about being respectful here? Jesus you’re a troll dude. If you don’t wanna bother getting off topic then gtfo out of this thread.

Maybe you shouldn’t say dumb **** then play the victim role when someone say dumb **** back. Unless you’re just trolling people but hey I wouldn’t know.
    May 4, 2020 at 10:15 p.m.
    You just quoted my comment twice.
    Apparently you just wanna talk about something else so I guess I will just follow along.
    This is getting so off topic. If you don't wanna hear constructive criticism then don't post threads

Saying “hey this is so dumb” sound like “constructive criticism” to you?
    May 4, 2020 at 10:16 p.m.
    This is how you started then you’re even gonna bother talking about being respectful here? Jesus you’re a troll dude. If you don’t wanna bother getting off topic then gtfo out of this thread.

Maybe you shouldn’t say dumb **** then play the victim role when someone say dumb **** back. Unless you’re just trolling people but hey I wouldn’t know.

Wow great job. I have been here for a while and your the only guy who has dumb anger issues. You have been here for like 8 days and your already on my ignore list. By by. Never see you again
    May 4, 2020 at 10:21 p.m.
    Wow great job. I have been here for a while and your the only guy who has dumb anger issues. You have been here for like 8 days and your already on my ignore list. By by. Never see you again

I’m sorry I can’t relate how you saying “this is so dumb” relate to constructive criticism?

You talk about not getting off topic then you’d go on how long a guy’s been here? You’re a creepy guy bud. Yeah just letting you know you’re on my thread so bye bye.
    May 4, 2020 at 10:28 p.m.
    GM CRIME DAWG
    Kuraly's game in BOS is not "broken", he's a key cog at what he does, and your "fantasy" is interesting...
    No need to fix what is not broken - pass.
    JaayDC liked this.
    May 4, 2020 at 10:31 p.m.
    Quoting: McGruff
    Kuraly's game in BOS is not "broken", he's a key cog at what he does, and your "fantasy" is interesting...
    No need to fix what is not broken - pass.

Do you think he’s gonna get an extension after next year?
    May 4, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
    GM CRIME DAWG
    Do you think he’s gonna get an extension after next year?

I can't see why not!
    But could be a slew of signings RFA/UFA for Boston at the same time and expansion is a crap-shoot.
    As for SK, he's fit in really well, hustles big time, coach relies on him and gives him solid ice time and when Bergy went down he moved up the lineup and was effective.
    However, there are big signings when he hits UFA in Carlo, Kase...(and Krejci-Tuukka-Halak are all UFA too and they'll likely retire or take a team-discount).
    All up to S.K's agent I guess...
    JaayDC liked this.
    May 5, 2020 at 8:52 a.m.

I agree with your premise that these guys aren't going to take massive discounts to play in Edmonton, but your examples are off. Montreal has higher taxes so $6M there is actually LESS money for Hoffman than $5.5M in Alberta; and no, he can't get more money in Florida. Florida's ownership has instructed management to take $10M off their payroll, and that was before the Covid work stoppage. You can bet their losses are mounting by the day, there's no possible way they'll be in the market for a $6M+ UFA.
    JaayDC liked this.
    May 5, 2020 at 8:55 a.m.
    Quoting: CD282
    I agree with your premise that these guys aren't going to take massive discounts to play in Edmonton, but your examples are off. Montreal has higher taxes so $6M there is actually LESS money for Hoffman than $5.5M in Alberta; and no, he can't get more money in Florida. Florida's ownership has instructed management to take $10M off their payroll, and that was before the Covid work stoppage. You can bet their losses are mounting by the day, there's no possible way they'll be in the market for a $6M+ UFA.

The owner is gonna cut 10mil in budget if the salary cap actually went to 84mil. Now they will just cut around 7mil. They are gonna spend money because they actually need to stay good. If they aren't good they will have no fans.
    Montreal will have like 10mil+ cap space next year if there is a cbo. He can go their and get 7mil.
    The taxes are different in Florida so he could take a cheaper contract their
    May 5, 2020 at 9:09 a.m.
    The owner is gonna cut 10mil in budget if the salary cap actually went to 84mil. Now they will just cut around 7mil. They are gonna spend money because they actually need to stay good. If they aren't good they will have no fans.
    Montreal will have like 10mil+ cap space next year if there is a cbo. He can go their and get 7mil.
    The taxes are different in Florida so he could take a cheaper contract their

Florida, as all teams, will be hard hit by the covid work stoppage. They'll be increasing their cut, not decreasing it.
    JaayDC liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll