Forums/Armchair-GM

Giddyup Bs

Created by: Moog121
Team: 2020-21 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: May 4, 2020
Published: May 4, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
A Bruins team with some pace. Ritchie hits the pine as Freddy takes 4C bumping Kuraly to LW increasing speed while keeping some snarl. Cliffy over Lauzon if smaller quicker opponent. Trading Moore with out retaining salary will be tough. Toss in a blocked Wannabe like Kuhlman and hope to get a 5 or 6 back, (I'd rather keep LD and goalie depth as better future value). Detroit could use some LD that can eat minutes. The RFA's should slot reasonably based on past signings, try to squeeze Grizzy/DeBrusk for 3yr deals. Bjork is still in prove it mode and gets modest bump. Chara takes another team friendly 1yr deal while leaving almost 4M for trade deadline improvements.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,500,000
3$3,500,000
2$1,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,500,000
6$6,750,000
Trades
BOS
  1. 2020 5th round pick (DET)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$78,498,981$964,222$1,657,500$3,001,019
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$769,167$769,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
UFA - 7
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
G
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 4, 2020 at 10:19 p.m.
What in tarnation
DET already has enough of LHDs with Cholowski, DeKeyser and Nemeth. Moore is just a waste of almost $3M bucks.
May 4, 2020 at 10:26 p.m.
When are you guys gonna learn that Moore has negative value...
May 4, 2020 at 10:32 p.m.
Moog121
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
That's why they need to add a sweetener and most likely retain some salary. That signing was absurd by Sweeney in terms of dollars and term...but he can play in the right environment for a D starved team...

May 4, 2020 at 11:07 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Edited May 4, 2020 at 11:16 p.m.

Quoting: Moog121
That's why they need to add a sweetener and most likely retain some salary. That signing was absurd by Sweeney in terms of dollars and term...but he can play in the right environment for a D starved team...

Since when is a US$2.75M signing absurd? Really? And there's room for him under the current real Boston cap and your FAN-TASY squad above ^ ^ ^ ^

OK...
The benefit to BOS if he stays is as follows:
* JM is decent playoff depth if injuries/suspensions abound.
* When inserted in the lineup he's been just fine because the team and coaches play in a system.
* On expansion there's two things: a) he can be dangled with other bait to get the STARBUCKS to NOT pick a desired player (his contract helps them get to the 'floor' and is not that bad), or b) if a D-man (eg: LD M. Grzelyck) is plucked then JM is NHL-proven especially if a replacement kid (Vaak-Zboril...) isn't ready., and
* He can always be waived/traded later if $$$ becomes a team-issue (highly doubtful given DS's use of the $$$ so far)...

EDIT/PS:
When he was signed a few years back now -
1) Chara was going to retire soon right - we all thought so, and
2) BOS had a lot of D-Man kids in Grz-Carlo-Mac (and Mac had issues staying healthy), so a vet was a good add...

You see the "Longview synopsis" is: Hell of a signing boys....
Silkysmooth42 and KennyBoi liked this.
May 4, 2020 at 11:24 p.m.
Quoting: McGruff
Since when is a US$2.75M signing absurd? Really? And there's room for him under the current real Boston cap and your FAN-TASY squad above ^ ^ ^ ^

OK...
* When inserted in the lineup he's been just fine because the team and coaches play in a system.
* On expansion there's two things: a) he can be dangled with other bait to get the STARBUCKS to NOT pick a desired player (his contract helps them get to the 'floor' and is not that bad), or b) if a D-man (eg: LD M. Grzelyck) is plucked then JM is NHL-proven especially if a replacement kid (Vaak-Zboril...) isn't ready., and
* He can always be waived/traded later if $$$ becomes a team-issue (highly doubtful given DS's use of the $$$ so far)...

EDIT/PS:
2) BOS had a lot of D-Man kids in Grz-Carlo-Mac (and Mac had issues staying healthy), so a vet was a good add...

He's serviceable for sure but I'd definitely prefer Mayfield over him and Mayfield is basically getting half of what Moore is getting...

He's basically getting paid double what he should be.

I don't think the contract is absurd but it is bad.
May 4, 2020 at 11:35 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
He's serviceable for sure but I'd definitely prefer Mayfield over him and Mayfield is basically getting half of what Moore is getting...

He's basically getting paid double what he should be.

I don't think the contract is absurd but it is bad.

Every team has some and with Backes now gone it's a really "good" "bad" contract as I've shown above ^ ^ ^ esp. for those deep playoff runs that BOS is so accustomed too.
As for Mayfield was he even an option back in the day - IDK?...

Simple fact of the matter is, in his situation he has excellent value to BOSTON and if we have to "argue" about JM's salary versus the 273 other overpaid-NHLers well that's kinda silly...
Silkysmooth42 liked this.
May 5, 2020 at 12:46 p.m.
Bcarlo25

What makes you think he is? How many games have you seen him play over the last couple of years?
May 5, 2020 at 12:50 p.m.
Banned

He doesnt. Plain and simple.
He isnt worth much, if anything, but he isnt negative.
May 5, 2020 at 1:40 p.m.
Quoting: bsilk18

Okay name one team that wants him for free...
May 5, 2020 at 1:57 p.m.
Moog121

Dude, you are a hypocrite. You traded him to the NYI for a 7th rounder. I add Kuhlman, who is blocked and will not see the ice , to get a 5th back. My scenario seems more realistic. For a team to take on salary and term you need to incent them.
May 5, 2020 at 4:42 p.m.
Banned
Okay name one team that wants him for free...

Any team that needs to round out their dcore (and there are plenty of teams that need to do that to compete for the cup)
May 5, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
Banned
Dude, you are a hypocrite. You traded him to the NYI for a 7th rounder. I add Kuhlman, who is blocked and will not see the ice , to get a 5th back. My scenario seems more realistic. For a team to take on salary and term you need to incent them.

I traded him for a 7th people hypocrites like youself get too butthurt when I say he is worth what he is worth, a 5th.
Kuhlman alone is worth a 3rd or 4th right now. So fine, if you want to do Moore and Kuhlman for a 3rd the bruins will do it 100%
May 5, 2020 at 5:08 p.m.
I traded him for a 7th people hypocrites like youself get too butthurt when I say he is worth what he is worth, a 5th.
Kuhlman alone is worth a 3rd or 4th right now. So fine, if you want to do Moore and Kuhlman for a 3rd the bruins will do it 100%

I don't think you know what the word hypocrite means...

Maybe he'd be worth a 5th with 1 year left on his deal as a rental at the deadline. But teams won't want him and his oversized cap hit for 3 years especially if the cap stays stagnant.
CD282 liked this.
May 5, 2020 at 5:37 p.m.
Banned
I don't think you know what the word hypocrite means...

Maybe he'd be worth a 5th with 1 year left on his deal as a rental at the deadline. But teams won't want him and his oversized cap hit for 3 years especially if the cap stays stagnant.

You are the one that called me a hypocrit without knowing what it meant, that makes you the hypocrit lol
He isnt a cap dump, that is a fact
May 5, 2020 at 6:06 p.m.
You are the one that called me a hypocrit without knowing what it meant, that makes you the hypocrit lol
He isnt a cap dump, that is a fact

It's hypocrite not hypocrit... awesome face

You're the only one who thinks he's worth that much even other Bruins fans want to get rid of him for nothing. People who aren't Bruins fans all say they won't take him unless Boston retains or he is sent with a sweetener...

Bruins probably keep him as a 7th D.
CD282 liked this.
May 5, 2020 at 6:52 p.m.

OK...

EDIT/PS:

This is spot on gj
Silkysmooth42 and McGruff liked this.
May 5, 2020 at 6:54 p.m.
Banned
It's hypocrite not hypocrit... awesome face

You're the only one who thinks he's worth that much even other Bruins fans want to get rid of him for nothing. People who aren't Bruins fans all say they won't take him unless Boston retains or he is sent with a sweetener...

Bruins probably keep him as a 7th D.

Im sorry autocorrect didnt help me this time (god you are a child correcting my missed letter)

Like you just said: "even other Bruins fans want to get rid of him for nothing". THATS WHAT I SAID. Im just saying he isnt a cap dump, which is a fact. My best comparison (that i have been told is pretty good by a lot of people already) is Malkin for example. Just because he isnt PLAYING 1st line Center on the Pens doesnt mean he isnt worth 1st line Center money. Moore, although he isnt PLAYING 2nd pair minutes on an INSANELY deep bruins roster, he is still worth 2.75...
May 5, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: KennyBoi
This is spot on gj

Thanks man...
May 5, 2020 at 7:03 p.m.
Banned
Most importantly @Leafs_and_Sens_Fan (and @CD282 you get to see this also, because it shuts you down): Its important to understand cap dumps. A cap dump usually happens (though not always) when a team NEEDS the space of a player for some reason (either cap-wise, financially, etc...)

So for the bruins:
Backes was going to take up too much space this fall for the bruins to sign everyone they wanted, teams knew this and would say "hey we will take him off of your hands, for something". They gave up a 1st for him, cap dump for a big old 6 million dollar deal.
In this case however, the bruins CAN do whatever they want and be fine in the fall with Moore, ESPECIALLY after signing Halak to that awesome deal (and saving about 2 million on what he could have gotten elsewhere). They do not NEED to get rid of Moore, so they CAN just sit on his deal. I will refer you to @McGruff s awesome comment below for all of the details you two need:

OK...

EDIT/PS:

To Recap:
Moore is not a cap dump (Fact), the bruins dont NEED to shed him (Fact). So: They will trade him for next to nothing (a 5th, 6th, or 7th) or they will keep him. But they will not dump him

Again: Moore and Kuhlman for a 3rd (not a 5th), the bruins can possibly get behind.
May 5, 2020 at 7:07 p.m.
To Recap:
Moore is not a cap dump (Fact), the bruins dont NEED to shed him (Fact). So: They will trade him for next to nothing (a 5th, 6th, or 7th) or they will keep him. But they will not dump him

Again: Moore and Kuhlman for a 3rd (not a 5th), the bruins can possibly get behind.

Moore is a cap dump. You keep him or you trade a 3rd round pick (minimum) to get rid of him.

I think Lauzon might beat him out for the 7th D position too. Maybe you can pass him though waivers and save some money.
May 5, 2020 at 8:32 p.m.
Banned
Moore is a cap dump. You keep him or you trade a 3rd round pick (minimum) to get rid of him.

I think Lauzon might beat him out for the 7th D position too. Maybe you can pass him though waivers and save some money.

Then the bruins reject your trade. We will go to someone else

Did you care to read what me and the other guy wrote, or do you just want to keep spewing your opinion
May 5, 2020 at 8:34 p.m.
Banned
Lol @McGruff the guy reported me because i told him it was a bad trade and it worked because i used the word "D*mb" lol dont wanna say it or maybe ill get another infraction
McGruff liked this.
May 5, 2020 at 8:51 p.m.
Then the bruins reject your trade. We will go to someone else

Did you care to read what me and the other guy wrote, or do you just want to keep spewing your opinion

Not my trade. Your fellow Bruins fan made this post.

Lol @McGruff the guy reported me because i told him it was a bad trade and it worked because i used the word "D*mb" lol dont wanna say it or maybe ill get another infraction

Which guy?
Silkysmooth42 liked this.
May 5, 2020 at 9:08 p.m.
Moog121

Certainly wasn't me...We can all agree to disagree. It is unfortunate for Moore as regular time may enhance his value and sharpen his skill. I agree with @McGruff that he was insurance to help stabilize backline between Chara and kids. He essentially slotted into McQuaid's base salary. The kids thankfully bloomed. The term is where I have issue as 3yrs would have been a nice bridge. They can afford to hold onto him to start the season as insurance but he deserves to play. Like @McGruff wrote, maybe he'll factor into the expansion draft. Regardless, this will be his last year here...
McGruff and Silkysmooth42 liked this.
May 5, 2020 at 9:33 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Edited May 5, 2020 at 11:13 p.m.

Hopefully it's double-secret probation like in "Animal House"...no harm no foul - except for the parade finale!!!!

As I said, the least of BOS worries is JM; It's UFA Krug 1st then RFAs DeBrusk, Grz and Bjork. Should be monies for all but some clarity would be nice as this season feels like purgatory...
Moog121 and Silkysmooth42 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll