Sorry that basic numbers are too hard for your little brain to comprehend

Did really no one else pick up on this?
May 6, 2020 at 8:28 p.m.
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Did really no one else pick up on this?

I was literally just about to comment tears of joy
May 6, 2020 at 8:32 p.m.
Quoting: bsilk18
Bruh that was me, and you are a liar, I used real stats.

I can't confirm everything here, but those first two blocks of stats in the description are correct.
May 6, 2020 at 8:32 p.m.
People seem to forget that Matthews is one of few rookies to be NHL ready entering the league. There is a massive step from NCAA to NHL, where NLA and NHL is a much smaller step. Also the idea of comparing their rookie years is flawed, by that logic Matthews is better than MacKinnon and only a moron would defend that POV.
HockeyFan989 liked this.
May 6, 2020 at 8:33 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
He was invisible so many times this season, didn't bother to put in any effort at all, no drive, nothing.

When he shows up he's a top 5 player in the league. When he doesn't he's not even top 15

You're so full of s***
May 6, 2020 at 8:34 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: Boomer125
You're so full of s***

Says someone who wanted Georgiev for Bracco and Subban for Kapanen +
May 6, 2020 at 8:34 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
You're so full of s***

May 6, 2020 at 8:40 p.m.
Quoting: Sabres923
56 points in 81 games playing with Matt Moulson Brian Gionta, Marcus Folgnio.

Auston Matthews 69 pts in 80 games playing with a rookie(Nylander) and Hyman
May 6, 2020 at 8:46 p.m.

Georgiev was unproven at the time, and I still believe Subban has a comeback in him. You're just straight ignoring facts about Matthews - I literally can't think of a time the Leafs were better off without Matthews on the ice
May 6, 2020 at 8:48 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Georgiev was unproven at the time, and I still believe Subban has a comeback in him. You're just straight ignoring facts about Matthews - I literally can't think of a time the Leafs were better off without Matthews on the ice

Uhhhh... when he doesn't even bother to work. Loses the puck, doesn't move the little finger to, you know, get it back.

As I said, when he's on, he's one of the top 5 best pkayers in the world, when he doesn't show up he's not top 15
May 6, 2020 at 9:48 p.m.
AustonFathews
Bruh that was me, and you are a liar, I used real stats.

Lmao you did not. You stated how close they were defensively. Matthews blows Eichel out the water in every defensive stat for a center.
May 6, 2020 at 10:01 p.m.
I see Eichel as a guy who shows up every night, unlike Matthews... am I wrong?

last year I would have agreed with this statement, but he was hella consistent this year.
May 6, 2020 at 10:11 p.m.
1) nice “homer” argument
2) WHO FREAKING CARES???

*they're both really, really good players

Anyone arguing this on either side should really just stfu,
and enjoy the great player their own team has

It’s an utterly stupid debate
May 6, 2020 at 10:34 p.m.
wpg
I'll take Eichel both r great both but if u exchange their teams, Mattthews could never create something in Buffalo where "players were happy enough being in the NHL" thats the reason ROR left..... Eichel is actually creating something there

When Eichel got drafted he went on a **** team (worst in NHL) where the gm destroyed the team to tank for mcdavid.... also where players didn't even care bout winning and when Matthew's got drafted went went to the worst team as well but had a franchise willing to do whatever it takes, the best coach at the time, a good supporting role of vets as well as a young core ready for the nhl level

both r franchise players but Eichel just impressed me a heck of alot more
Silkysmooth42 liked this.
May 7, 2020 at 12:12 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Jdfitz77
1) nice “homer” argument
2) WHO FREAKING CARES???

*they're both really, really good players

Anyone arguing this on either side should really just stfu,
and enjoy the great player their own team has

It’s an utterly stupid debate

Quoting: HockeyFan989
I'll take Eichel both r great both but if u exchange their teams, Mattthews could never create something in Buffalo where "players were happy enough being in the NHL" thats the reason ROR left..... Eichel is actually creating something there

When Eichel got drafted he went on a **** team (worst in NHL) where the gm destroyed the team to tank for mcdavid.... also where players didn't even care bout winning and when Matthew's got drafted went went to the worst team as well but had a franchise willing to do whatever it takes, the best coach at the time, a good supporting role of vets as well as a young core ready for the nhl level

Both well said. And my point exactly

We can not say for certain one is better than the other, but given the FACTS and logic, IF ANYTHING one has to logically lean Eichels way.
HockeyFan989 liked this.
May 7, 2020 at 7:32 a.m.
The Leafs have score 942 goals in 282 games with Matthews in the lineup, which works out to 3.34 goals/game. Matthews has 285 points which works out to .3 points per goal the team scores.
Without Matthews the Leafs have scored 110 goals in 34 games, or 3.24 goals/game. The difference between having Matthews and not having Matthews is .1051 goals/game ,or over 82 games 8.62 goals.
The Sabres have scored 932 Sabres goals in 354 games with Eichel, 2.63 goals/game. Eichel has 337 points which is .36 points per goal the team scores.
Without Eichel the Sabres have score 90 goals in 43 games, 2.09 goals/game. The difference between having and not haing Eichel in the lineup is .5398 goal/game, or 44.26 over an 82 game schedule.
Just some interesting numbers, make what you will of them.
May 7, 2020 at 8:46 a.m.
Quoting: keep_ups12
Lol Matthews is better. Its just that people hate the leafs so they just go around saying
"Eichel is better because he doesn't play with as good of players as Matthews'

Exactly! And allow me to add that goals are more valuable than assists. There's also a major difference between who is more valuable to their team and who's simply the better player. Eichel is one of the most valuable players in the entire NHL, easily. He drives the offense single handedly. Probably close to being on par w/ MacKinnon.

Matthews has the luxury of playing w/ several top offensive players. Eichel is an elite playmaker, but he's not quite as good. But...it's a close call.
KeepUps15 liked this.
May 7, 2020 at 8:49 a.m.
Quoting: J2W
The Leafs have score 942 goals in 282 games with Matthews in the lineup, which works out to 3.34 goals/game. Matthews has 285 points which works out to .3 points per goal the team scores.
Without Matthews the Leafs have scored 110 goals in 34 games, or 3.24 goals/game. The difference between having Matthews and not having Matthews is .1051 goals/game ,or over 82 games 8.62 goals.
The Sabres have scored 932 Sabres goals in 354 games with Eichel, 2.63 goals/game. Eichel has 337 points which is .36 points per goal the team scores.
Without Eichel the Sabres have score 90 goals in 43 games, 2.09 goals/game. The difference between having and not haing Eichel in the lineup is .5398 goal/game, or 44.26 over an 82 game schedule.
Just some interesting numbers, make what you will of them.

Both well said. And my point exactly

We can not say for certain one is better than the other, but given the FACTS and logic, IF ANYTHING one has to logically lean Eichels way.

Quoting: HockeyFan989

Quoting: leafs101
last year I would have agreed with this statement, but he was hella consistent this year.

Quoting: Brian2016
Exactly! And allow me to add that goals are more valuable than assists. There's also a major difference between who is more valuable to their team and who's simply the better player. Eichel is one of the most valuable players in the entire NHL, easily. He drives the offense single handedly. Probably close to being on par w/ MacKinnon.

Matthews has the luxury of playing w/ several top offensive players. Eichel is an elite playmaker, but he's not quite as good. But...it's a close call.

Quoting: Brian2016

Quoting: notKyleDUbas123
Lmao you did not. You stated how close they were defensively. Matthews blows Eichel out the water in every defensive stat for a center.

Uhhhh... when he doesn't even bother to work. Loses the puck, doesn't move the little finger to, you know, get it back.

As I said, when he's on, he's one of the top 5 best pkayers in the world, when he doesn't show up he's not top 15

Stop arguing cause we all know Matthews is better
People just say Eichel is better because everyone hates the leafs
May 7, 2020 at 9:59 a.m.

In terms of pure talent Matthews is better, but if I were building a team and had to choose one it would be Eichel. Eichel is more valuable to his team and is a bigger difference maker, which along with being over 1.5M cheaper and having 2 extra years before needing to be resigned (likely requiring a raise), would more than make up the difference between the pair.
May 7, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
In terms of pure talent Matthews is better, but if I were building a team and had to choose one it would be Eichel. Eichel is more valuable to his team and is a bigger difference maker, which along with being over 1.5M cheaper and having 2 extra years before needing to be resigned (likely requiring a raise), would more than make up the difference between the pair.

I agree Eichel is more valuable but this debate is just who is actually better
May 7, 2020 at 10:28 a.m.
Banned

We dont though. As is clear through all of the hard research people have put in, he isnt better. Is Eichel better? I dont know? Maybe? But I dont want to argue. But is Matthews better? Clearly not

You just quoted the army of people who have put in research and found facts show that they are at least even. And then all of the leafs fans responces are just "nah, matthews is better". Soooo until someone actually does the research, you guys arent right.
May 7, 2020 at 10:30 a.m.
We dont though. As is clear through all of the hard research people have put in, he isnt better. Is Eichel better? I dont know? Maybe? But I dont want to argue. But is Matthews better? Clearly not

You just quoted the army of people who have put in research and found facts show that they are at least even. And then all of the leafs fans responces are just "nah, matthews is better". Soooo until someone actually does the research, you guys arent right.

the stats are just what @notKyleDUbas123 said. All his stats are better.
Its so obvious that Matthews is better you don't even need an explanation
May 7, 2020 at 10:31 a.m.
Banned
the stats are just what @notKyleDUbas123 said. All his stats are better.
Its so obvious that Matthews is better you don't even need an explanation

All his stats favor matthews, he ignored the ones that favor Eichel, and he ignored the important ones that ACCOUNT FOR TEAM DIFFERENCES (point shares, defensive point shares, etc)

It is obvious that they are even, stop bein ignorant
May 7, 2020 at 10:34 a.m.
I agree Eichel is more valuable but this debate is just who is actually better

Eichel is better, because he would be more useful when building a team, while Matthews has more raw talent.
May 7, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
wpg

Lol, can't say I like them but not going to bother being biased if it isn't bout my home team smile

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll