SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Rangers

Lundqvist or Georgiev?

May 9, 2020 at 8:20 p.m.
Ranger reporters Rick Carpiniello & Larry Brooks have been reporting the last 2 months that they feel the rangers are going to buy out lundquist and keep a tandem of Igor and Georgiev. with the league not giving any hints in allowing a compliance buyout as many thought they might, if the rangers choose to buy out hank they would have to retain 5.5 mill of his salary in 20-21 and 3 mill for 21-22.

imho, i've been on the bandwagon to trade georgiev and keep hank for one more season. I've come to this conclusion because the team is going to bring back a solid haul for georgiev, even though rick carpiniello doesn't believe so. if hank is bought out, signing georgiev to an extension is going to cost btwn 1.5-2.2 mill. maybe even more. that almost eats up the savings from the hank buyout.

what i want to ask my fellow ranger fans is if you had the choice what do you think is the best decision for the team? and if georgiev is traded what teams do you see making a run for him? i've always felt detroit makes a perfect fit for him but wing fans on this site haven't returned the same feeling. where could he go? and what kind of package would it take for the rangers to trade him?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll