SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Moderators Help

May 11, 2020 at 12:57 p.m.
Banned
I received an infraction for calling someone's post "dumb", my apologies by the way. (it was like a Bozak for Mcdavid trade or something

I have reported a guy multiple times for verbally assaulting people (including myself), calling people "morons" "Childish" "Idiots", etc (i mean the list goes on)
And I keep seeing him post.

My question is: why do you ignore the big offenders, but when I make one small 'mistake', I get an infraction.

Anyone else have this problem? It just really makes me feel uncomfortable posting here if I know that I can be completely crapped on, but I cant say anything back lol
May 19, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
Quoting: bsilk18
I received an infraction for calling someone's post "dumb", my apologies by the way. (it was like a Bozak for Mcdavid trade or something

I have reported a guy multiple times for verbally assaulting people (including myself), calling people "morons" "Childish" "Idiots", etc (i mean the list goes on)
And I keep seeing him post.

My question is: why do you ignore the big offenders, but when I make one small 'mistake', I get an infraction.

Anyone else have this problem? It just really makes me feel uncomfortable posting here if I know that I can be completely crapped on, but I cant say anything back lol

How do you know they didn't get an infraction also? You do know that it takes time for the mods to get to all the complaints and reports that are being submitted. If nothing has happened, chances are we haven't gotten to it yet.

All you got to do is report anything you feel is against the rules and let us deal with it. Nothing else. No one is getting any special treatment.
May 19, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: F50marco
How do you know they didn't get an infraction also? You do know that it takes time for the mods to get to all the complaints and reports that are being submitted. If nothing has happened, chances are we haven't gotten to it yet.

All you got to do is report anything you feel is against the rules and let us deal with it. Nothing else. No one is getting any special treatment.

I gotchu man!
I just hate how i got an infraction for calling someones comment back to me dumb (a minor one obviously) (it was something like debrusk is worse than Crousse so i said it was dumb and explained)
BUT: it was the day i commented, so they were VERY quick to flag me lol
Thats all

I gotchu, just its gotta be fair for all

EDIT: lol as i sent this: someone commented on my post

"LoL yah Calgary would want Forsbacka Karlsson in any deal.
How dumb!"

So, again, fairness is key
May 19, 2020 at 3:38 p.m.
Quoting: bsilk18
I gotchu man!
I just hate how i got an infraction for calling someones comment back to me dumb (a minor one obviously) (it was something like debrusk is worse than Crousse so i said it was dumb and explained)
BUT: it was the day i commented, so they were VERY quick to flag me lol
Thats all

I gotchu, just its gotta be fair for all

EDIT: lol as i sent this: someone commented on my post

"LoL yah Calgary would want Forsbacka Karlsson in any deal.
How dumb!"

So, again, fairness is key

I can't speak for all moderators. I can only do what i can do.

Also, only reported comments get looked at. There isn't a human screening every single post on CF 24 hours a day, to try and find offensive comments. We need the community to help us "moderate" the forum.
May 19, 2020 at 4:39 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: F50marco
I can't speak for all moderators. I can only do what i can do.

Also, only reported comments get looked at. There isn't a human screening every single post on CF 24 hours a day, to try and find offensive comments. We need the community to help us "moderate" the forum.

Dont worry, i reported the guy.
Again i gotchu man! and im sure you are doing your job!
I just hope other mods are too, I just hate to see me get an infraction when I know most of the nice guys on this website know im also just a nice guy. But Bcarlo kid walks around here guilt free even though he takes a dump on and offends half the people he comes across.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll