1. Jokiharju, Henri
  2. 2020 1st round pick (BUF)
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (BUF)
ANA
  1. 2020 1st round pick (BUF)
TOR
  1. Domi, Max [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Habs get their winger at a cheaper cost ($)
MTL
  1. Rakell, Rickard
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (BUF)
TOR
  1. Palmieri, Kyle ($2,325,000 retained)
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (ARI)
NJD
  1. Dermott, Travis [RFA Rights]
  2. Johnsson, Andreas
  3. 2021 1st round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Khaira, Jujhar ($600,000 retained)
  2. 2021 4th round pick (EDM)
  3. 2022 2nd round pick (EDM)
TOR
  1. 2020 4th round pick (DAL)
TOR
  1. Hunt, Brad
  2. 2020 5th round pick (MIN)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$76,885,116$0$637,500$4,614,884
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$0$0
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$600,000$600,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
RD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$821,667$821,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 12, 2020 at 1:44 p.m.
All-Team Pylon
Anaheim trade is brutal for the Ducks
FloppyBiscuit and Salzy liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 1:44 p.m.
Shibbal18
Not saying the value is off, but Buffalo declines. Jokiharju is untouchable, they'll look to deal one of the older guys
Salzy and wojme liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 1:46 p.m.
Yeah 0 chance the ducks do that
Quoting: Schlegel
Anaheim trade is brutal for the Ducks

sorry, forgot to mention a condition for the trade- the pick is 6OA. I don't see how this isn't perfect for a rebuilding Anaheim team- they have zegras, and now have two top 6 picks in one of the deepest drafts, they could easily pick up another future top center and a #1 RHD (Drysdale) and be set for the future unbelievably well
In Pridham we trust
What is the point in publishing these?
May 12, 2020 at 1:47 p.m.
Quoting: Barilko14
What is the point in publishing these?

what do you mean
May 12, 2020 at 1:48 p.m.
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
Lol at marner
May 12, 2020 at 1:49 p.m.
All-Team Pylon
Quoting: leafs101
sorry, forgot to mention a condition for the trade- the pick is 6OA. I don't see how this isn't perfect for a rebuilding Anaheim team- they have zegras, and now have two top 6 picks in one of the deepest drafts, they could easily pick up another future top center and a #1 RHD (Drysdale) and be set for the future unbelievably well

I understand it's the 6OA, it's still not worth those three. Maybe pick 2, but not all 3
MisstheWhalers liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 1:51 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
what do you mean

Make the team, see if you can fit all two dozen trades in, then delete.

Why bother getting comments on this when it obviously has 0% chance of happening.
May 12, 2020 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: Schlegel
I understand it's the 6OA, it's still not worth those three. Maybe pick 2, but not all 3

The reason I did it is because Toronto is a team with stars, and no complimentary pieces, and Anaheim, right now, is a team made up of almost only complimentary pieces. They have a great prospect pool, and to add a future star to go along with lundstrom and zegras, would give you a solid young core to work around, which is what Anaheim needs more than they need current players
May 12, 2020 at 1:53 p.m.
Make the team, see if you can fit all two dozen trades in, then delete.

Why bother getting comments on this when it obviously has 0% chance of happening.

you never know what will and won't happen
May 12, 2020 at 1:59 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
you never know what will and won't happen

Not sure if you are aware but trades are much less frequent in real life compared to video games.
May 12, 2020 at 3:39 p.m.
Not sure if you are aware but trades are much less frequent in real life compared to video games.

Oh I'm aware that this is unlikely, but another disappointing playoff this year and you'd better believe a shakeup is coming. Will it be this massive? I doubt it, but it's just for fun
May 12, 2020 at 3:53 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
Oh I'm aware that this is unlikely, but another disappointing playoff this year and you'd better believe a shakeup is coming. Will it be this massive? I doubt it, but it's just for fun

I don't believe a shakeup would be coming. I would hate it if the GM of the Leafs was as reactionary as most fans and blew up his team (one of the youngest in the league, with a coach that started half way through the year) because the Leafs lost again to a veteran team that is clearly favoured to win.

The NHL is a marathon, not a sprint.
May 12, 2020 at 4:26 p.m.
I don't believe a shakeup would be coming. I would hate it if the GM of the Leafs was as reactionary as most fans and blew up his team (one of the youngest in the league, with a coach that started half way through the year) because the Leafs lost again to a veteran team that is clearly favoured to win.

The NHL is a marathon, not a sprint.

It's been 4 years already... A fourth consecutive first round exit with this team would surely alter the offseason plan- odds are it isn't a shakeup involving the core four, yes. But is it totally unrealistic that that Marner is moved after another disappointing playoff? For the right price, the answer to that question is likely no. I want to make it abundantly clear that I'm not suggesting that I think this will happen, but there is a large enough probability (5 or 10% at least) of a core shakeup occurring (again, maybe not as extravagant as this), so it is completely justified to want to make hypotheticals based on that? no doubt.
May 12, 2020 at 4:38 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
It's been 4 years already... A fourth consecutive first round exit with this team would surely alter the offseason plan- odds are it isn't a shakeup involving the core four, yes. But is it totally unrealistic that that Marner is moved after another disappointing playoff? For the right price, the answer to that question is likely no. I want to make it abundantly clear that I'm not suggesting that I think this will happen, but there is a large enough probability (5 or 10% at least) of a core shakeup occurring (again, maybe not as extravagant as this), so it is completely justified to want to make hypotheticals based on that? no doubt.

It hasn't been 3 disappointing playoff losses though. A team has to be favoured to win in order for it to be a disappointment like you are describing. The Leafs were last place in the league 4 years ago.

This team was Kadri and a decent PK from beating Boston last year. Boston then went to the cup finals. So I wouldn't touch the core.

I much prefer letting Keefe having an entire off-season with this team and see what he can do then.

I don't have much confidence in a Stanley Cup being awarded this summer, so doubtful we'll get another playoffs to judge this team.

I also do not agree Marner has any chance of getting dealt. Those trades don't happen, and it would also be foolish to move an elite playmaking winger, when we have two elite goal scoring centres to play with him for the foreseeable future, and I say that as someone who has been just as disappointed in marner this year as anyone else.
May 12, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
It hasn't been 3 disappointing playoff losses though. A team has to be favoured to win in order for it to be a disappointment like you are describing. The Leafs were last place in the league 4 years ago.

This team was Kadri and a decent PK from beating Boston last year. Boston then went to the cup finals. So I wouldn't touch the core.

I much prefer letting Keefe having an entire off-season with this team and see what he can do then.

I don't have much confidence in a Stanley Cup being awarded this summer, so doubtful we'll get another playoffs to judge this team.

I also do not agree Marner has any chance of getting dealt. Those trades don't happen, and it would also be foolish to move an elite playmaking winger, when we have two elite goal scoring centres to play with him for the foreseeable future, and I say that as someone who has been just as disappointed in marner this year as anyone else.

its not even that I was disappointed in Marner or think any less of him for making a deal- as tough as it is for me to say, moving him just might make this a more complete team, especially considering we have Robertson coming up who has been called a "Guentzel carbon copy" by TSN
May 12, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
its not even that I was disappointed in Marner or think any less of him for making a deal- as tough as it is for me to say, moving him just might make this a more complete team, especially considering we have Robertson coming up who has been called a "Guentzel carbon copy" by TSN

Yes, but Robertson being a goal scorer makes it more important to keep Marner and Nylander so one of them is always playing with him. Robertson is coming for Johnsson's job if anybody.

The Leafs have had as much turnover as any team in the league over the last 5 years or so. No one is close to Rielly in terms of time on the team, and he's only 26.

They are not 8 major changes away from being a legit contender, they are 1 or maybe 2. With the biggest need being a decent partner to play with Rielly, and we may even have that in house in Dermott, so at most I'm expecting a cap dump move, and maybe a Dermott for Weegar/Roy type trade.

Another consideration is this will be the most unique off-season ever, so trades (which are always hard to make) may be nearly impossible this off-season.
May 12, 2020 at 5:26 p.m.
Yes, but Robertson being a goal scorer makes it more important to keep Marner and Nylander so one of them is always playing with him. Robertson is coming for Johnsson's job if anybody.

The Leafs have had as much turnover as any team in the league over the last 5 years or so. No one is close to Rielly in terms of time on the team, and he's only 26.

They are not 8 major changes away from being a legit contender, they are 1 or maybe 2. With the biggest need being a decent partner to play with Rielly, and we may even have that in house in Dermott, so at most I'm expecting a cap dump move, and maybe a Dermott for Weegar/Roy type trade.

Another consideration is this will be the most unique off-season ever, so trades (which are always hard to make) may be nearly impossible this off-season.

they have another top line winger coming, making a top line winger expendable if that's what they'd like to do. I'm confused as to why you mentioned Rielly- he's not going anywhere. This is just an option-doesn't have to happen. You could go the weegar-roy esque player route, or if you feel that you need a major shakeup, you could trade Marner for multiple cheaper (in terms of money), solid pieces.

Not saying this has to happen, but trading Marner, if fair value is presented, is at least an option that they have, and it's an option worth having at the very least an open mind to if the right set of deals were made available

By no means am I saying that in order to win you MUST trade Marner, but it is an option that they have to bring more balance to the lineup
May 12, 2020 at 5:44 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
they have another top line winger coming, making a top line winger expendable if that's what they'd like to do. I'm confused as to why you mentioned Rielly- he's not going anywhere. This is just an option-doesn't have to happen. You could go the weegar-roy esque player route, or if you feel that you need a major shakeup, you could trade Marner for multiple cheaper (in terms of money), solid pieces.

Not saying this has to happen, but trading Marner, if fair value is presented, is at least an option that they have, and it's an option worth having at the very least an open mind to if the right set of deals were made available

By no means am I saying that in order to win you MUST trade Marner, but it is an option that they have to bring more balance to the lineup

But Leafs have 3 legit top line wingers. There is room for a Mikheyev, Kappy, AJ or eventually Robertson to grab that 4th spot and run with it.

I mentioned Rielly because I'm pointing out the fact that a 26 yo is the longest tenured Leaf by far, which shows how much turnover has already happened to this roster. Considering how much turnover has occurred it does not make sense to just keep on turning the roster over. Give this group a couple of years to grow. Let them have some stability with the same coach to see what they can accomplish.

Leafs are betting on star players to take them to the Cup. It's still way to premature to bail on that idea. Added bonus they've also been able to build up decent depth with the $3M fwds, Robertson coming and Dermott, Sandin, Liljegren coming to provide cheap depth.

Look at the last several Cup winners. How many of them traded away their star players along the way? How many of them suffered several playoff disappointments along the way, when they were favourites going into series?

I'm not sure why there is panic around the Leafs to take dynamite to their team after a playoff loss, when the successful teams never touch their core.
May 12, 2020 at 5:46 p.m.
But Leafs have 3 legit top line wingers. There is room for a Mikheyev, Kappy, AJ or eventually Robertson to grab that 4th spot and run with it.

I mentioned Rielly because I'm pointing out the fact that a 26 yo is the longest tenured Leaf by far, which shows how much turnover has already happened to this roster. Considering how much turnover has occurred it does not make sense to just keep on turning the roster over. Give this group a couple of years to grow. Let them have some stability with the same coach to see what they can accomplish.

Leafs are betting on star players to take them to the Cup. It's still way to premature to bail on that idea. Added bonus they've also been able to build up decent depth with the $3M fwds, Robertson coming and Dermott, Sandin, Liljegren coming to provide cheap depth.

Look at the last several Cup winners. How many of them traded away their star players along the way? How many of them suffered several playoff disappointments along the way, when they were favourites going into series?

ok but what happens when rielly, sandin, and liljegren all expire in the same year and the cap stays stagnant because of the virus? I wouldn't be suggesting this if it wasn't for coronavirus screwing up the cap. Had it continued to increase as we expected, this team would be in a great spot in terms of the cap. Most previous cup winners didn't have to deal with an economy that tanked this badly, or a virus that provided so much uncertainty that the price of oil dropped below $0. The current situation cannot be compared to cup winners that had the cap continue on an upward trajectory- not to mention the fact that no team has ever won with a $10M+ player, never mind 3. I get that times are changing and more players are starting to make that much and yes, we'll likely see a team win with players making that much very soon, but the low cap is gonna screw with this team
May 12, 2020 at 5:59 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
ok but what happens when rielly, sandin, and liljegren all expire in the same year and the cap stays stagnant because of the virus? I wouldn't be suggesting this if it wasn't for coronavirus screwing up the cap. Had it continued to increase as we expected, this team would be in a great spot in terms of the cap. Most previous cup winners didn't have to deal with an economy that tanked this badly, or a virus that provided so much uncertainty that the price of oil dropped below $0. The current situation cannot be compared to cup winners that had the cap continue on an upward trajectory- not to mention the fact that no team has ever won with a $10M+ player, never mind 3. I get that times are changing and more players are starting to make that much and yes, we'll likely see a team win with players making that much very soon, but the low cap is gonna screw with this team

Not much point in jumping the gun today and unload someone when there is absolutely no way to predict what the league, cap, world will look like 2 years from now.

Easy to fit everyone in with the previous projections of the cap, so I'd be pretty disappointed if Dubas panicked right now about 2 years down the road. Also, if cap problems start to arise it's always easier to replace a Kapanen, kerfoot or even Muzzin type than replacing a player that will likely be in the Art Ross race for the balance of his career.
May 12, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Not much point in jumping the gun today and unload someone when there is absolutely no way to predict what the league, cap, world will look like 2 years from now.

Easy to fit everyone in with the previous projections of the cap, so I'd be pretty disappointed if Dubas panicked right now about 2 years down the road. Also, if cap problems start to arise it's always easier to replace a Kapanen, kerfoot otr even Muzzin type than replacing a player that will likely be in the Art Ross discussion for the balance of his career.

I mean yes but leafs have stars- is keeping him worth being the next hawks BEFORE winning, and just having stars but an absolutely gutted depth? I don't know
May 12, 2020 at 6:27 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
I mean yes but leafs have stars- is keeping him worth being the next hawks BEFORE winning, and just having stars but an absolutely gutted depth? I don't know

That's where drafting, KHL signings and cheap vets come into play. Once a Brown, Johnsson, etc is making too much $$ for their role replace them with cheaper options.

The toughest decision coming up after 20/21 season will be what the plan is with Andersen.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll