SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Colorado Avalanche

Avs Fans Would You Rather Have Byram or Tkachuk

May 14, 2020 at 11:58 a.m.
May 14, 2020 at 12:08 p.m.
John 3 16
Right now I'd rather have Tkachuk. Our lineup would be perfect with him (particularly due to Graves' emergence), and Byram still hasn't played an NHL game.

Landeskog --- Mackinnon ---- Rantanen
Tkachuk ---------- Kadri --------- Burakovsky
Namestnikov -- Compher ---- Donskoi
Nichuskin ------ Bellemare ---- Calvert
(Jost/Kaut/Bowers/O'Connor)

Graves --- Makar
Girard --- Johnson
Cole ----- Timmins

It's crazy to think that this actually could have been our lineup had Ottawa simply given us the 2018 pick instead of 2019.

That said, I think we'll all be equally delighted (if not more so) once we have Byram on the team. At that stage we'll probably also manage to solve the top 6 forward position by moving a combination of Graves/Zadorov/Jost.
May 14, 2020 at 12:21 p.m.
There's no guarantee that they would've taken Tkachuk 4th overall that year if they had that pick. In the mock drafts a lot of people had him going 8th. Sakic could've drafted Zadina, Hughes, Hayton, or anyone else who went in that top 10
May 14, 2020 at 12:23 p.m.
gregb569
Quoting: Richard88
Right now I'd rather have Tkachuk. Our lineup would be perfect with him (particularly due to Graves' emergence), and Byram still hasn't played an NHL game.

Landeskog --- Mackinnon ---- Rantanen
Tkachuk ---------- Kadri --------- Burakovsky
Namestnikov -- Compher ---- Donskoi
Nichuskin ------ Bellemare ---- Calvert
(Jost/Kaut/Bowers/O'Connor)

Graves --- Makar
Girard --- Johnson
Cole ----- Timmins

It's crazy to think that this actually could have been our lineup had Ottawa simply given us the 2018 pick instead of 2019.

That said, I think we'll all be equally delighted (if not more so) once we have Byram on the team. At that stage we'll probably also manage to solve the top 6 forward position by moving a combination of Graves/Zadorov/Jost.

Tkachuk & Kadri on the same line tears of joy
Richard88 and MadLin27 liked this.
May 14, 2020 at 12:26 p.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: Jesus
There's no guarantee that they would've taken Tkachuk 4th overall that year if they had that pick. In the mock drafts a lot of people had him going 8th. Sakic could've drafted Zadina, Hughes, Hayton, or anyone else who went in that top 10

Good point. We didn't have Newhook (or Byram obviously) back then so taking a C like Hayton or a LHD like Hughes would have been an option.
May 14, 2020 at 12:27 p.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: gregb569
Tkachuk & Kadri on the same line tears of joy

I know right? tears of joy

If you really wanted to abuse some poor team you could stick Landeskog/Compher/Calvert/Nichuskin on their line as well scream squinty smile
May 14, 2020 at 12:54 p.m.
Quoting: Jesus

Zadina or Hughes probably Zadina at the time no way Hayton he was a bit of reach at 5 that year because the coyotes wanted a C and MTL reached and took Kotkaniemi.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll