Top 10 2021 Mock Draft and Bottom 10 predictions- Not actually an Anaheim ACGM

Created by: firezfurx
Team: 2020-21 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: May 16, 2020
Published: May 16, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Using my personal power-rankings.

I wanted to do this in the Draft feature but it is gimmicky and doesn't let you pick your own draft order.

Based on THG's and my personal power rankings.
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Raty, Aatu
1$700,000
Clarke, Brandt
1$700,000
Power, Owen
1$700,000
Guenther, Dylan
1$700,000
Hughes, Luke
1$700,000
Lysell, Fabian
1$700,000
Lambos, Carson
1$700,000
Lucius, Chaz
1$700,000
Bolduc, Zachary
1$700,000
Johnson, Kent
1$700,000
Trades
ANA
  1. 2021 1st round pick (SJS)
SJS
    Aatu Raty, C, Finland, Playmaker

With the first pick of the 2021 NHL Entry draft I see San Jose taking Aatu Raty. This shouldn't be a huge shock. Aatu Raty has been sensational in Jr. A SM, and although he is quite over rated I don't think San Jose passes him up. San Jose is also looking for a franichise forward with the majority of their top prospects currently being defensemen, and in the eyes of most Raty is the top forward of this draft.
    ANA
      ANAHEIMS PICK

Brandt Clarke, RHD, Canada, Two-way

With the second pick I see Anaheim taking Brandt Clarke. Clarke is a young RHD who is coming off a fabulous year with Barrie. He is offensively competent and plays well in his own end. Given how weak Anaheim's right side is this should be a no brainer for them.
      SJS
      1. 2021 1st round pick (ANA)
      ANA
      1. 2021 1st round pick (BUF)
      BUF
        Dylan Guenther, LW, Canada, Playmaker

This pick is tricky. Power is arguably the 3rd best player and Lambos could be better then Guenther as well but Buffalo has their defense locked down for the next 5-7 yrs with Dahlin and Jokiharu. As nice as it would be to find someone better on the right side you'd have to go quite a bit off the board.

Guenther had a great year in the WHL and has proven himself a weapon in the OZone. Should be a top-6 LW, which is a position Buffalo needs to fill.
        ANA
        1. 2021 1st round pick (DET)
        DET
          Owen Power, LHD, Canada, Offensive defencemen (for now)

Detroit has a solid young forward core, and with the addition of an extremely good high-talent this draft it's only getting better. On defence they have Seider locking down the right side, but they don't have a true 1LHD prospect. Owen Power is a 6'5 beast of a man with good skating and incredibly Quinn Hughes-like offensive output in the USHL. Although his defensive game needs work, he has such a large frame he could be shaped into one of the best 2-way defensemen in the NHL.
          ANA
          1. 2021 1st round pick (NJD)
          NJD
            Luke Hughes, LHD, USA, Two-way

How awesome would this be! Although I could see Hughes going before Power, it is unlikely given his output in the USHL. NJ has a decent prospect forward core, and with the addition of Rossi/Holtz/Lundell this year it will only get better. However, they don't have many defensive prospects apart from Ty Smith and their left side is extremely weak right now. Imagine in 3-4 years when they have Hughes and Smith as their 1-2 on the left side. There is also the Hughes brother synergy that could be marketed as the new face of the franchise.
            ANA
            1. 2021 1st round pick (CHI)
            CHI
              Fabian Lysell, LW, Sweden, Playmaker

Fabian Lysell has been amazing in U18 and even U20 in Sweden this year as a 17 year old. He is producing similar to Elias Petterson, and is over a PPG in multipe U17 world tournaments and even a U18 world tournament. Although he is slightly small, he has unbelievable raw play making skills and should be a top-6 LW. Imagine him playing on a line with Dylan Strome and Dylan Sikura in 2-3 years. What a second line!
              ANA
              1. 2021 1st round pick (OTT)
              OTT
                Carson Lambos, LHD, Canada, Two-way

Lambos is a talented and high-IQ player with an NHL frame. I could honestly see him rising into the top 3; similar to Raymond this year, it will depend on the teams needs. Ottawa already has their 1LHD in Chabot, but apart from Lajoie (who I see as a future fringe 2LHD) their isn't much. Chaz Lucius could arguably be a better prospect, but Ottawa has tons of C prospects in Norris, White, and Byfield/Stutzle/Rossi on the way, so Lambos seems to be the smarter choice. Alternatively they could take Johnson, or Lucius if he plays more RW this year.
                ANA
                1. 2021 1st round pick (LAK)
                LAK
                  Chaz Lucius, RW, USA, Sniper

Lucius is a natural goal scorer coming off a good year in the USDP. He isn't super large, but makes up for it with his smooth skating. LA has great D prospects, especially given the Drysdale/LA rumors, and have the C and LW locked down with Kupari, Turcotte, and co. Lucius may not be a top liner in the NHL, but I could definitely see him playing with Kupari and Turcotte in the future.
                  ANA
                  1. 2021 1st round pick (MIN)
                  MIN
                    Zachary Bolduc, C, Canada, Sniper

Bolduc is a C currently playing with Rimouski in the Q. He led all QMJHL rookies in scoring, and although he did play with Lafreniere he DID NOT play on the same line as him. Bolduc has a great shot, is a good playmaker, and is responsible in his own zone. Minnesota desperately needs their future 1C, and although I'm not sure that Bolduc is going to be a first liner he can definitely be a talent 2C or fringe 1C.
                    ANA
                    1. 2021 1st round pick (ARI)
                    ARI
                      Kent Johnson, C/LW, Canada, Playmaker

Like Lambos, Johnson could be a darkhorse at the draft and go as high 3-5. He has elite vision and hockey IQ, and absolutely demolished the BCHL this year. Depending on how his rookie NCAA year goes he could definitley beat out Bolduc or Lucius. Arizona is a team that lacks scoring going forward and I see Johnson as someone who can clog that hole well.
                      Buyouts
                      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the BOS
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the NSH
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the SJS
                      Logo of the BUF
                      Logo of the DET
                      Logo of the NJD
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the OTT
                      Logo of the LAK
                      Logo of the MIN
                      Logo of the ARI
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the NSH
                      Logo of the ANA
                      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
                      10$81,500,000$44,552,221$0$0$36,947,779
                      Left WingCentreRight Wing
                      Guenther, Dylan
                      $700,000$700,000
                      Lysell, Fabian
                      $700,000$700,000
                      Johnson, Kent
                      $700,000$700,000
                      Lucius, Chaz
                      $700,000$700,000
                      Raty, Aatu
                      $700,000$700,000
                      Bolduc, Zachary
                      $700,000$700,000
                      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
                      Clarke, Brandt
                      $700,000$700,000
                      Power, Owen
                      $700,000$700,000
                      Hughes, Luke
                      $700,000$700,000
                      Lambos, Carson
                      $700,000$700,000

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
                      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
                      May 16, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
                      Sam
                      I haven’t seen many of these guys, but I really like what I saw from William Eklund and Matt Beniers. I also think Lorenzo Canonica could be the Lukas Reichel or JJ Peterka of next year.
                      May 16, 2020 at 7:14 p.m.
                      I mean I get it considering your a ducks fan but predicting the sharks being the worst team in the NHL is crazy imo. Everything points to them loading up and trying to be a playoff team again, and if not they still arent going to be on the bottom tier with LA, Detroit or Ottawa again unless more crazy injuries or awful goal tending.
                      May 16, 2020 at 7:20 p.m.
                      Dubas isnt a genius
                      Quoting: STLBlues17
                      I haven’t seen many of these guys, but I really like what I saw from William Eklund and Matt Beniers. I also think Lorenzo Canonica could be the Lukas Reichel or JJ Peterka of next year.

Beniers is definitely good, but given his value is mostly offensive (you can argue he's good 2-way but at that level almost everyone gets PK time) and he's only about a ppg in the USHL while Bolduc, Roy, others were doing similar numbers in the CHL, a generally stronger league is offputting. He's for sure top 15, and I see him going as high as 7/8 depending on how he plays next year. Similar to Jack Quinn imo. He is also considerably older then those guys, which is even more offputing.

Eklund is very good, 11 for me right now. Again, he's a little older but he is playing against much older and larger players in SuperElit. Depending on his SHL performance next year he could be 5-7. but right now I'm not so sure. He has a lower ceiling then Lysell and co but could definitely have 1st line upside.

Canonica is good but weaker/less known strength of competition. Between 10 and 20 for me right now.
                      STLBlues17 liked this.
                      May 16, 2020 at 7:24 p.m.
                      Dubas isnt a genius
                      Quoting: papishark
                      I mean I get it considering your a ducks fan but predicting the sharks being the worst team in the NHL is crazy imo. Everything points to them loading up and trying to be a playoff team again, and if not they still arent going to be on the bottom tier with LA, Detroit or Ottawa again unless more crazy injuries or awful goal tending.

I'm a leafs fan... just made these off of THG's and my own rankings and used Anaheim as they were the first team to pop up. I honestly think your core is getting old and without a real tendy for next year (Jones had his second weak year in a row) you will need to start a rebuild. I mean they could definitely fight for a playoff spot, but I doubt it given how young and talented Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vegas are.

Detroit and Ottawa are only getting better, they have young cores and although they will be bad I expect them to be slightly better then this year. Same with LA.
                      May 16, 2020 at 7:39 p.m.
                      Sam
                      Quoting: firezfurx
                      Beniers is definitely good, but given his value is mostly offensive (you can argue he's good 2-way but at that level almost everyone gets PK time) and he's only about a ppg in the USHL while Bolduc, Roy, others were doing similar numbers in the CHL, a generally stronger league is offputting. He's for sure top 15, and I see him going as high as 7/8 depending on how he plays next year. Similar to Jack Quinn imo. He is also considerably older then those guys, which is even more offputing.

Eklund is very good, 11 for me right now. Again, he's a little older but he is playing against much older and larger players in SuperElit. Depending on his SHL performance next year he could be 5-7. but right now I'm not so sure. He has a lower ceiling then Lysell and co but could definitely have 1st line upside.

Canonica is good but weaker/less known strength of competition. Between 10 and 20 for me right now.

Should be fun to follow
                      firezfurx liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
                      Question:
                      Options:
                      Add Option
                      Submit Poll