Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 17, 2020 at 12:56 p.m.
Jankowski will get 1.8mil
May 17, 2020 at 1:02 p.m.
Try to be real
Quoting: keep_ups12

Nope he just took 950,000 cause I convinced him to smile
May 17, 2020 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: GMRyan
Nope he just took 950,000 cause I convinced him to smile

tears of joy
GMRyan liked this.
May 17, 2020 at 1:24 p.m.
Weegar is not the ideal 1st line D pairing. The right side is still light. Also, I would love to see Spezz stay at $725,000. I'm really uncertain how much he'll ask for but speaking for all Leaf fans, that would be a blessing.
GMRyan liked this.
May 17, 2020 at 1:39 p.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd
Calgary laughs and hangs up and when you call back they pretend to be an old Indian woman working at a restaurant. Dubas gets confused but orders food then waits forever for it to arrive and dies of hunger.
May 17, 2020 at 1:48 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Quoting: TCMonkey
Calgary laughs and hangs up and when you call back they pretend to be an old Indian woman working at a restaurant. Dubas gets confused but orders food then waits forever for it to arrive and dies of hunger.

Wait why? Jank is nothing more than a 4th line PKer and the prospect isnt great either. If anything, toronto is getting slighted here
firezfurx and GMRyan liked this.
May 17, 2020 at 1:48 p.m.
Dubas isnt a genius
Quoting: Nic_team
Weegar is not the ideal 1st line D pairing. The right side is still light. Also, I would love to see Spezz stay at $725,000. I'm really uncertain how much he'll ask for but speaking for all Leaf fans, that would be a blessing.

I think anyone who can play well with Rielly and fits his playstyle, like Weegar is instantly a 1st pairing defensemen.
May 17, 2020 at 2:28 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Another total nonsense trade of Kesler to the Leafs.
May 17, 2020 at 2:32 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: keep_ups12

Jankowski had 7 more points than me last season and played in 56 more games. Leafs can do better by signing me to a 800,000 deal and finding 1m centre that paying Jankowski 1./8m
May 17, 2020 at 4:38 p.m.
Try to be real
Quoting: palhal
Another total nonsense trade of Kesler to the Leafs.

Cap circumventing they can exceed the cap by his salary as long as they place him on LTIR by season start. Guess how times Toronto has made this exact type of trade?
May 17, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Cap circumventing they can exceed the cap by his salary as long as they place him on LTIR by season start. Guess how times Toronto has made this exact type of trade?

Having Kesler on LTIR doesn't help/hurt the Leafs cap all....or the Ducks. Leafs wouldn't gain any more cap space by having him. Why would anyone think so?
We can go through all the Leafs previous LTIRs and you can explain how it was cap circumvention? Actual teams can't place players on LTIR....it's league approval.
Actually the Leafs don't want any part of Kesler, just in case he ever is medically fit and then his 6.875m cap hit would be disastrous.
May 21, 2020 at 12:15 p.m.
Try to be real
Having Kesler on LTIR doesn't help/hurt the Leafs cap all....or the Ducks. Leafs wouldn't gain any more cap space by having him. Why would anyone think so?
We can go through all the Leafs previous LTIRs and you can explain how it was cap circumvention? Actual teams can't place players on LTIR....it's league approval.
Actually the Leafs don't want any part of Kesler, just in case he ever is medically fit and then his 6.875m cap hit would be disastrous.

Haha it’s obviously cap circumvention, they can exceed the off-season salary cap- Toronto already spends more than anyone- you’re a fool if you think Kesler is playing again and you’re a fool if you think Ducks ownership can afford him to not play during Covid-19
May 21, 2020 at 12:46 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Haha it’s obviously cap circumvention, they can exceed the off-season salary cap- Toronto already spends more than anyone- you’re a fool if you think Kesler is playing again and you’re a fool if you think Ducks ownership can afford him to not play during Covid-19

Tell me are the Ducks paying him? Most LTIRs are paid by insurance not the team. I'm a fool? You're a fool to think that Kesler helps the Leafs or any teams cap. It certainly isn't cap circumvention. Teams just add it on to one end and take it off the other. Gee, if it helps so much in the cap, maybe the teams that really have cap issues signing their own RFAs like the Rangers or Tampa should be giving the Ducks a premier pick.
Somehow it's just another silly post, thinking the Leafs benefit so much by having LTIR players. Gee the Leafs had two last year....Horton and Clarkson and they didn't help/hurt the Leafs cap at all.
Now there was a reason the Leafs acquired Clarkson and his 5.25m LTIR but as it turned out they didn't need that minor cap adjustment at all. Do you know the reason they acquired Clarkson and how he might have helped the Leafs and their cap? Answer that and maybe you might know why Kesler is so meaningless.
May 21, 2020 at 2:46 p.m.
Try to be real
Tell me are the Ducks paying him? Most LTIRs are paid by insurance not the team. I'm a fool? You're a fool to think that Kesler helps the Leafs or any teams cap. It certainly isn't cap circumvention. Teams just add it on to one end and take it off the other. Gee, if it helps so much in the cap, maybe the teams that really have cap issues signing their own RFAs like the Rangers or Tampa should be giving the Ducks a premier pick.
Somehow it's just another silly post, thinking the Leafs benefit so much by having LTIR players. Gee the Leafs had two last year....Horton and Clarkson and they didn't help/hurt the Leafs cap at all.
Now there was a reason the Leafs acquired Clarkson and his 5.25m LTIR but as it turned out they didn't need that minor cap adjustment at all. Do you know the reason they acquired Clarkson and how he might have helped the Leafs and their cap? Answer that and maybe you might know why Kesler is so meaningless.

Haha silly post that you responded to? Obviously there is more to the CBA than we as fans understand. I’m just simply saying that I would not be surprised if Dubas attempts to add another LTIR contract in exchange for a late pick. 1. He values late picks more than other teams 2. Toronto can exceed off season cap 3. Other teams will want to dump $ 4 even insured contracts still cost millions . So what will you say when Toronto acquires another LTIR player?

You- “I was wrong and GMRyan is a genius smile
May 21, 2020 at 11:38 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Haha silly post that you responded to? Obviously there is more to the CBA than we as fans understand. I’m just simply saying that I would not be surprised if Dubas attempts to add another LTIR contract in exchange for a late pick. 1. He values late picks more than other teams 2. Toronto can exceed off season cap 3. Other teams will want to dump $ 4 even insured contracts still cost millions . So what will you say when Toronto acquires another LTIR player?

You- “I was wrong and GMRyan is a genius smile

Thanks for not answering the question why the Leafs acquired Clarkson last September. Obviously you don't know why they did and as it turned out it didn't affect the cap at all. Sorry don't under the LTIR and cap situation. So genius, tell us the situation where it might be advantageous (and it's only a slight advantage) to acquire a LTIR contract to a cap strapped team?
Even the well documented Clarkson/Horton trade and the eventual outcome seems unknown you.
All teams can exceed the cap in the summer....so what? Nothing to do with the Leafs exclusively of LTIRs.
May 25, 2020 at 4:21 p.m.
Try to be real
Thanks for not answering the question why the Leafs acquired Clarkson last September. Obviously you don't know why they did and as it turned out it didn't affect the cap at all. Sorry don't under the LTIR and cap situation. So genius, tell us the situation where it might be advantageous (and it's only a slight advantage) to acquire a LTIR contract to a cap strapped team?
Even the well documented Clarkson/Horton trade and the eventual outcome seems unknown you.
All teams can exceed the cap in the summer....so what? Nothing to do with the Leafs exclusively of LTIRs.

Haha but it DID effect the cap. Toronto has EXCEEDED the cap by over 11 million dollars. The fact is that they traded for Clarkson and I’m suggesting they will trade for another LTIR contract. That answers your question. I don’t need an explanation as to why. However I actually did outline several- ie- draft picks, and cap space. I’m predicting it will happen again because it had happened multiple times before for those two reasons.
May 25, 2020 at 11:49 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Haha but it DID effect the cap. Toronto has EXCEEDED the cap by over 11 million dollars. The fact is that they traded for Clarkson and I’m suggesting they will trade for another LTIR contract. That answers your question. I don’t need an explanation as to why. However I actually did outline several- ie- draft picks, and cap space. I’m predicting it will happen again because it had happened multiple times before for those two reasons.

Sorry that you don't know the reason they acquired Clarkson last August or September. Fact it it did not help the Leafs cap at all. So what if they exceeded the cap by 11m, other teams can do it do, but it really doesn't make a difference in the "working cap" a team can use. The Clarkson trade last season had nothing to do the Leafs getting draft picks from Vegas.
11m in LTIR cap space so what? It's not like the Leafs had 11m more cap space to use in their 23m roster.
GMRyan liked this.
May 26, 2020 at 12:29 a.m.
Try to be real
Sorry that you don't know the reason they acquired Clarkson last August or September. Fact it it did not help the Leafs cap at all. So what if they exceeded the cap by 11m, other teams can do it do, but it really doesn't make a difference in the "working cap" a team can use. The Clarkson trade last season had nothing to do the Leafs getting draft picks from Vegas.
11m in LTIR cap space so what? It's not like the Leafs had 11m more cap space to use in their 23m roster.

Pfffft you’re hilarious man. “So what if they exceeded the cap it didn’t matter” that’s the sum of your argument? So to bring this discussion back to the original point of contention; why don’t you agree that the Leafs will trade for another LTIR contract? Cause all I am suggesting is that they will.
May 26, 2020 at 12:36 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Pfffft you’re hilarious man. “So what if they exceeded the cap it didn’t matter” that’s the sum of your argument? So to bring this discussion back to the original point of contention; why don’t you agree that the Leafs will trade for another LTIR contract? Cause all I am suggesting is that they will.

Why would they? What's the benefit? Seems like there is absolutely no benefit of having one this year. Now there was a possibility of Clarkson and his LTIR might have been a slight cap benefit...but as it turned out, there was absolutely no benefit. If only you knew the reason they traded for Clarkson. But you're a sad man cause you don't want to learn. To think accumulating LTIRs helps the cap situation. shakes head . If that was the case why aren't the teams with real cap problems worse than the Leafs trading assets to acquire Hossa or Kesler?
May 26, 2020 at 1:16 a.m.
Try to be real
Why would they? What's the benefit? Seems like there is absolutely no benefit of having one this year. Now there was a possibility of Clarkson and his LTIR might have been a slight cap benefit...but as it turned out, there was absolutely no benefit. If only you knew the reason they traded for Clarkson. But you're a sad man cause you don't want to learn. To think accumulating LTIRs helps the cap situation. shakes head . If that was the case why aren't the teams with real cap problems worse than the Leafs trading assets to acquire Hossa or Kesler?

Haha you’re so caught up in disagreement that you can’t even see I’m only suggesting they will trade for an LTIR for a late round pick. I have no issue with you disagreeing with that. But it’s definitely something that COULD happen. My examples are the MULTIPLE times it’s happened under Dubas
May 26, 2020 at 1:21 a.m.
Try to be real

I’d like for you to explain why adding LTIR contracts isn’t beneficial for the Leafs?

It is beneficial According to sources like this - https://thehockeywriters.com/8-ways-to-legally-circumvent-the-nhl-salary-cap/

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll