Forums/Armchair-GM

Wild as it gets

Created by: Trickster
Team: 2020-21 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: May 19, 2020
Published: May 19, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Assuming no CBOs and cap remains at 81.5 million for the next 3 seasons.

2020 and 2021 is split evenly among Stalock and KK, year after start to transition to KK as starter.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$6,300,000
2$925,000
3$2,550,000
1$900,000
1$925,000
2$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,000,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Cirelli, Anthony$6,300,000
2021 1st round pick
2021 3rd round pick
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$74,332,757$0$0$7,167,243
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,625,000$1,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,550,000$2,550,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,487,500$1,487,500
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$785,000$785,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,166,667$4,166,667
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$3,366,666$3,366,666
LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 19, 2020 at 2:40 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
@tansor

Was feeling creative, thoughts?
May 19, 2020 at 3:05 p.m.
I'd love to see Guerin offersheet one of Barzal or Cirelli, but I do feel like a Cirelli offersheet is going to have to be higher than that to not be matched. The Vancouver trade isn't really worth it. Hartman still has positive value as a bottom-6 right handed shot and the wild have the cap to let Dubnyk's contract run out. I don't really see Goldobin or McDonagh as that positive of additions, especially with how crowded we are at LW.
TanSor and Trickster liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
@tansor

Yeah I like it a lot. My preference will always be Barzal over Cirelli but I think any offer sheet for Barzal under the four 1sts threshold gets matched by the Islanders and giving up four future firsts is too much for Barzal (the 2022 draft class is looking incredible). Cirelli is a lot more realistic since the Bolts will have to trade one of Gourde, Johnson, or Killorn to keep him and I think that's easier said than done (especially with a flat cap) despite what Bolts fans might say. He's not a perfect fit, but he's definitely a 1C and at this point beggars can't be choosers.

One minor tweak: I'd put Brodin on the second pairing. He really deserves to be on the top pairing with Spurge but Suter will never let that happen.
Trickster and oneX liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.
Quoting: FloppyBiscuit
I'd love to see Guerin offersheet one of Barzal or Cirelli, but I do feel like a Cirelli offersheet is going to have to be higher than that to not be matched. The Vancouver trade isn't really worth it. Hartman still has positive value as a bottom-6 right handed shot and the wild have the cap to let Dubnyk's contract run out. I don't really see Goldobin or McDonagh as that positive of additions, especially with how crowded we are at LW.

Barzal is a long shot since Islanders likely match up to the four 1sts threshold. Barzal is really good, but is he worth four future 1sts? I just worry that one of those might be a lottery pick and end up as a top 3 pick, you never know. I don't think Tampa can match this right now without moving a player. They are so tight on cap space...
May 19, 2020 at 3:50 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
Yeah I like it a lot. My preference will always be Barzal over Cirelli but I think any offer sheet for Barzal under the four 1sts threshold gets matched by the Islanders and giving up four future firsts is too much for Barzal (the 2022 draft class is looking incredible). Cirelli is a lot more realistic since the Bolts will have to trade one of Gourde, Johnson, or Killorn to keep him and I think that's easier said than done (especially with a flat cap) despite what Bolts fans might say. He's not a perfect fit, but he's definitely a 1C and at this point beggars can't be choosers.

One minor tweak: I'd put Brodin on the second pairing. He really deserves to be on the top pairing with Spurge but Suter will never let that happen.

@tansor

I like the ideas man. Props because this really was creative. I don't think they'll move Dubnyk at this point. Like Floppy said, he only has one year left so they'll most likely give Kakhonen one more year to groom at the AHL-Level before they move him into full NHL duties.

I like the Cirelli over Barzal for offer sheet. Not because I like him better as a player, but because I think there is a higher chance we get him than Barzal.

I'll give you an A for effort though man. This was creative. If you want to get more creative, you can try trading Brodin or Dumba because I doubt both will be on our roster come July 1st, 2021. Seattle expansion draft ruining a good D corps.
oneX liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 3:56 p.m.
Quoting: mnwild1790
I like the ideas man. Props because this really was creative. I don't think they'll move Dubnyk at this point. Like Floppy said, he only has one year left so they'll most likely give Kakhonen one more year to groom at the AHL-Level before they move him into full NHL duties.

I like the Cirelli over Barzal for offer sheet. Not because I like him better as a player, but because I think there is a higher chance we get him than Barzal.

I'll give you an A for effort though man. This was creative. If you want to get more creative, you can try trading Brodin or Dumba because I doubt both will be on our roster come July 1st, 2021. Seattle expansion draft ruining a good D corps.

We don't have to expose Brodin to Seattle unless we sign him to an extension before next offseason. The expansion draft is after the free agency period, so technically if he's not signed by the expansion draft we don't have to protect him and we can just sign him afterwords.
Trickster and MNBassman liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:11 p.m.
We don't have to expose Brodin to Seattle unless we sign him to an extension before next offseason. The expansion draft is after the free agency period, so technically if he's not signed by the expansion draft we don't have to protect him and we can just sign him afterwords.

They say you learn something new everyday. Thanks @TanSor
TanSor, Trickster, oneX and 1 other person liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:23 p.m.
hey look a squirrel

Thanks guys.
I agree with floppy and tansor, Barzal > Cirelli.

In top of that, I'd love Barzal to leave the Islanders.
Dont see him going to the next level if he remains an Islander.

I really like Soucy and think Wild should move on from Brodin.
Suter and Spurgeon are married to each other now, hope Spurgeon is new captain.

I moved Dubnyk because I want The Wild to start changing to KK, and Markstrom I dont feel will resign in Vancouver.

What other pieces would you want instead of what I came up with? And who would you rather move instead?
TanSor, oneX, FloppyBiscuit and 1 other person liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:29 p.m.
Thanks guys.

I moved Dubnyk because I want The Wild to start changing to KK, and Markstrom I dont feel will resign in Vancouver.

What other pieces would you want instead of what I came up with? And who would you rather move instead?

Yeah if we can somehow get Barzal to MN, it's a perfect match IMO. I mean he's exactly what we need: speedy offensive center that's more of a playmaker and is a right shot. There isn't a more perfect center for us than Barzal outside of the obvious superstar centers in the league (your McDavids, MacKinnons, Matthews, Eichels, etc. of the world).

Soucy was great but I don't think we saw enough of him to really call him a sure-thing top 4 player. I wouldn't mind rolling with him over Brodin long term as long as we can get the appropriate return for Brodin in a trade.
Trickster and MNBassman liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:31 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Yeah if we can somehow get Barzal to MN, it's a perfect match IMO. I mean he's exactly what we need: speedy offensive center that's more of a playmaker and is a right shot. There isn't a more perfect center for us than Barzal outside of the obvious superstar centers in the league (your McDavids, MacKinnons, Matthews, Eichels, etc. of the world).

Soucy was great but I don't think we saw enough of him to really call him a sure-thing top 4 player. I wouldn't mind rolling with him over Brodin long term as long as we can get the appropriate return for Brodin in a trade.

What are your projections for Lodnia?
Think he will be ready? Is he a top6???
TanSor liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:32 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Also am I the only one who wishes that Wild didnt sign Zuccarello????
May 19, 2020 at 4:39 p.m.
What are your projections for Lodnia?
Think he will be ready? Is he a top6???

Eh I was high on him when we drafted him but ultimately I don't think he amounts to more than a 3rd liner.

No, he did not fit in at all. I was ok with the signing at the time but in hindsight it made zero sense. Kaprizov plays mainly RW and in a way the Zuccarello signing took away Kaprizov's spot on the RW in the top 6 (Fiala plays RW too). In my eyes that was the worst move Fenton made.
Trickster liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:41 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Eh I was high on him when we drafted him but ultimately I don't think he amounts to more than a 3rd liner.

No, he did not fit in at all. I was ok with the signing at the time but in hindsight it made zero sense. Kaprizov plays mainly RW and in a way the Zuccarello signing took away Kaprizov's spot on the RW in the top 6 (Fiala plays RW too). In my eyes that was the worst move Fenton made.

Would you take a chance on Turris for Rask trade?
Other pieces included of course.
TanSor liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.
Would you take a chance on Turris for Rask trade?
Other pieces included of course.

Hmm it's an interesting idea. Maybe, I'd have to sit on that one
Trickster liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:46 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Edited May 19, 2020 at 5:43 p.m.
One thing I have been struggling with is what happens with goalie spot on the Leafs either for next season and/or beyond.

Would love to hear some of your creative thoughts.
TanSor liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:52 p.m.
Thanks guys.

I would say re-do this ACGM and offer sheet Barzel instead and see how that looks.
Pretty creative idea tho!
Trickster and TanSor liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.

Oh trust me...you're not the only one. I understand what Fenton was doing when signing him but it was misguided and it's really limited our options for the foreseeable future. Our only hope is that he figures out his fit within our system in years 2-5
Trickster and TanSor liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Hmm it's an interesting idea. Maybe, I'd have to sit on that one

What about a Zuccarello for Turris swap?
TanSor liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:56 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Oh trust me...you're not the only one. I understand what Fenton was doing when signing him but it was misguided and it's really limited our options for the foreseeable future. Our only hope is that he figures out his fit within our system in years 2-5

Thoughts on Rask or Zuccarello for Turris??
oneX liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 4:58 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: oneX
I would say re-do this ACGM and offer sheet Barzel instead and see how that looks.
Pretty creative idea tho!

Islanders have cap, I think they would even let Pulock go as long as Barzal stayed.
oneX liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 5:01 p.m.
Islanders have cap, I think they would even let Pulock go as long as Barzal stayed.

Pulock? NYI are in love with the guy. I dunno.
TanSor liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
Thoughts on Rask or Zuccarello for Turris??

Zuccarello and Zuccarello only. Trade one bad contract through 23-24 for another. Zuccarello is WAY better than Rask but that would absolutely kill to have 2 AAVs of 6 Mil through 23-24. And btw, the only reason I want to see this trade is to eliminate another NMC from the Seattle expansion draft next year...which is what also complicates this more. Would Zuccarello want to go? If he does, the Wild can protect another young asset and expose Turris.

And who knows, maybe both teams end up being better fits for these players. Look at Galchenyuk. Was a terrible fit in Pittsburgh, but I personally liked him in Minnesota's system. Made some big plays for us down the stretch.
TanSor, oneX and FloppyBiscuit liked this.
May 19, 2020 at 5:21 p.m.
What about a Zuccarello for Turris swap?

I think I'd make that trade, yeah
oneX liked this.
May 20, 2020 at 1:25 a.m.
Isles7
Thanks guys.

Why wouldn’t barzal go the next level with the islanders?

Pulock is a top 10 RHD in the league right now , there’s no chance they let him go.
May 20, 2020 at 7:33 a.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Isles777
Why wouldn’t barzal go the next level with the islanders?

Pulock is a top 10 RHD in the league right now , there’s no chance they let him go.

Just dont see the system in place there to help him excel.

So are you saying if you had a choice between Barzal and Pulock, you would let Barzal go???

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll