1. 2021 5th round pick (BUF)
NJD
  1. Simmonds, Wayne
Additional Details:
“for the playoff push”
SJS
  1. Montour, Brandon
Additional Details:
(Montour was apart of the Kane trade tree.)
BUF
  1. 2021 3rd round pick (BUF)
NYR
  1. Vesey, Jimmy
Additional Details:
Could have just kept Pominville
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$69,309,167$0$7,532,500$12,190,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,550,000$1,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,325,000$1,325,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 22, 2020 at 7:43 p.m.
i mean he kinda scammed CHI for Jokiharju and PIT for Kahun though, both of which could be 2 solid contributors going forward
Sabresfan7 liked this.
Meow
Would be nice to have foligno back too.
Shibbal18 and sabres1108 liked this.
Meow
Quoting: SlickWilly
i mean he kinda scammed CHI for Jokiharju and PIT for Kahun though, both of which could be 2 solid contributors going forward

Overall it's a net failure though.
sabres1108 and Sabresfan7 liked this.
May 22, 2020 at 7:44 p.m.

Right but he traded a top 15 center. Caused a defenseman log jam. Caused cap overages. And couldn’t even build a team good enough to make a 24 team playoff.
sabres1108, Sabresfan7, Smithcd995 and 1 other person liked this.
Quoting: Smithcd995

No
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Shibbal18
I mean technically if the team didnt give up in the middle of February theyd be a playoff team now. I hope they learned their lesson
BuFfaLOFaN and gretzkyghosts liked this.
May 22, 2020 at 7:45 p.m.
Brad Boyes please Wq

If he were to pull a Dorian though this post might not have happened
May 22, 2020 at 7:47 p.m.
Shibbal18

Yes it very much would
May 22, 2020 at 7:52 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
I mean technically if the team didnt give up in the middle of February theyd be a playoff team now. I hope they learned their lesson

It falls on Kruger too. You don’t put Jeff Skinner with Curtis Lazar and Frolik. Plus if Ullmark doesn’t get hurt they probably make the “Playoffs”
May 22, 2020 at 8:07 p.m.
I truly feel bad for Sabres fans. Must be so annoying to be on the cusp of having such a great team with all of the right pieces, and always falling short. Kind of like us in the first round, but instead in like December for them.
Shibbal18, sabres89, BuFfaLOFaN and 1 other person liked this.
May 22, 2020 at 8:22 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: Sabres923
It falls on Kruger too. You don’t put Jeff Skinner with Curtis Lazar and Frolik. Plus if Ullmark doesn’t get hurt they probably make the “Playoffs”

Unless youre putting Olofsson there though, they dont have many options, they have no 2 or 3 C and their 2nd best center is a 3rd line winger. I dont blame Skinner or Kreuger for that, more to do with the title of this ACGM lol. Definitely agree, too, that Ullmark could have won them some extra points as well
sabres89 liked this.
May 22, 2020 at 8:25 p.m.
Shibbal18

Just because Bowman is worse doesnt make Botterill good lol. Kahun needs to stay healthy before we call that a win
sabres89 liked this.
May 22, 2020 at 8:29 p.m.
Just because Bowman is worse doesnt make Botterill good lol. Kahun needs to stay healthy before we call that a win

He also got Jeff skinner in a trade for Cliff Pu lol and that ROR trade was gonna be as bad if Thompson didnt break his body and you guys drafted well with the 1st rounder with someone like Pinto, Kaliyev, Robertson, literally anyone that went in the second round
May 22, 2020 at 8:35 p.m.
Meow
Quoting: leafs101
I truly feel bad for Sabres fans. Must be so annoying to be on the cusp of having such a great team with all of the right pieces, and always falling short. Kind of like us in the first round, but instead in like December for them.

I just want to have an Eichel and Matthews playoff series before both contracts expire. The Sabres will keep letting us down though.
leafs101 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 22, 2020 at 8:44 p.m.
Sabres are elite
He has been 50/50 for trades. Fleeced Carolina, Chicago, and Pittsburgh twice. Got fleeced by STL, SJS, Calgary, Montreal, and Minnesota. Signed a poor contract in Skinner but a good one in McCabe. Has drafted decently well. Our prospects are developing well. And not to mention he got Kruger which was a huge step. But when you trade two top 6 forwards and all you really got was 1/2 of Montour, 2/3 of Miller, and Johnson thats terrible
Shibbal18 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 22, 2020 at 8:54 p.m.
Shibbal18
He also got Jeff skinner in a trade for Cliff Pu lol and that ROR trade was gonna be as bad if Thompson didnt break his body and you guys drafted well with the 1st rounder with someone like Pinto, Kaliyev, Robertson, literally anyone that went in the second round

Thompson was never a great prospect. And yeah those picks are insanely bad, imagine if they had Ylonen and Kaliyev coming up within a year or 2
sabres89 liked this.
May 22, 2020 at 9:21 p.m.
Thompson was never a great prospect. And yeah those picks are insanely bad, imagine if they had Ylonen and Kaliyev coming up within a year or 2

Or Nick Robertson coming up potentially next year, and Thompson was known as a pretty good prospect at the time but the main target shouldve been Kyrou
Shibbal18 liked this.
May 22, 2020 at 10:09 p.m.
Shibbal18
Or Nick Robertson coming up potentially next year, and Thompson was known as a pretty good prospect at the time but the main target shouldve been Kyrou

Especially after taking 2 cap dumps instead of a roster player
May 23, 2020 at 11:46 a.m.
@Shibbal18
@SlickWilly
@Skyraider112
@leafs101
@Sabres923
@Smithcd995
I know it is a shame to break up a Stanley Cup team and have nothing to show for it. I mean how can anyone break up a Stanley Cup team just to rebuild it.
I know we all want to wax nostalgically but Kane, O'Reilly were on the team that brought us Dahlin.
I guess if we had kept Kane and O'Reilly the team would have won the cup two years in a row and could have drafted Jack Hughes in 2019.
You all may want quitters on the team but I do not. I have seen in other sports when a player quits, he is sometimes just cut from the roster (see Steelers Antonio Brown).
I wish we had Foligno right now but at the time of the trade getting Pominville and Scandella filled two HUGE holes LHD and top 6 RW. I would not rate that as a loss.
Botterill definitely messed up the Scandella and Frolick trades, neither made any sense to me at all, I think I had several posts on this site where I thought Scandella was worth a 2nd.
He should have been able squeeze out more when Beaulieu was traded.
The Sharks were the only team bidding for Kane and swapping Kane for Montour is looking pretty good right now.
He stole Jokiharju.
He stole Montour (who had the best +/- of all skaters last year).
He stole Skinner.
He stole Miller.
Getting Kahun for Rodrigues and a fourth (the pick the Sabres gave up to get Sheary) is a steal.
Maybe he could have received more for O'Reilly but right now it is Miller, Thompson and Ryan Johnson. I think we need to give the trade some time to see.
I guess we all forgot the Blues missed the playoffs by one pt then added, Perron, Bozak and O'Reilly and were in last place until January 3rd when Binnington want insane and won 24 games.
Let me add, up to the Boston series, O'Reilly had the worse +/- of all players still in the Stanley Cup. He may have won the Conn Smythe Trophy, but Binnington got the Blues to the playoff, the rest of the team got them to the finals.

TBH, I at first liked getting Kruger. At the time of the signing an insider thought it was a bad move. Now I agree, we should have kept Housley.
You can all rip me now, but let's keep in mind the Sabres were a last place team the year O'Reilly was trade, and the Blues were a last place team until Binnington came along.
May 23, 2020 at 12:52 p.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
@Shibbal18
@SlickWilly
@Skyraider112
@leafs101
@Sabres923
@Smithcd995
I know it is a shame to break up a Stanley Cup team and have nothing to show for it. I mean how can anyone break up a Stanley Cup team just to rebuild it.
I know we all want to wax nostalgically but Kane, O'Reilly were on the team that brought us Dahlin.
I guess if we had kept Kane and O'Reilly the team would have won the cup two years in a row and could have drafted Jack Hughes in 2019.
You all may want quitters on the team but I do not. I have seen in other sports when a player quits, he is sometimes just cut from the roster (see Steelers Antonio Brown).
I wish we had Foligno right now but at the time of the trade getting Pominville and Scandella filled two HUGE holes LHD and top 6 RW. I would not rate that as a loss.
Botterill definitely messed up the Scandella and Frolick trades, neither made any sense to me at all, I think I had several posts on this site where I thought Scandella was worth a 2nd.
The Sharks were the only team bidding for Kane and swapping Kane for Montour is looking pretty good right now.
He stole Jokiharju.
He stole Skinner.
He stole Miller.
Getting Kahun for Rodrigues and a fourth (the pick the Sabres gave up to get Sheary) is a steal.
Maybe he could have received more for O'Reilly but right now it is Miller, Thompson and Ryan Johnson. I think we need to give the trade some time to see.
I guess we all forgot the Blues missed the playoffs by one pt then added, Perron, Bozak and O'Reilly and were in last place until January 3rd when Binnington want insane and won 24 games.
Let me add, up to the Boston series, O'Reilly had the worse +/- of all players still in the Stanley Cup. He may have won the Conn Smythe Trophy, but Binnington got the Blues to the playoff, the rest of the team got them to the finals.

TBH, I at first liked getting Kruger. At the time of the signing an insider thought it was a bad move. Now I agree, we should have kept Housley.
You can all rip me now, but let's keep in mind the Sabres were a last place team the year O'Reilly was trade, and the Blues were a last place team until Binnington came along.

Completely forgot about Miller and Montour too
May 23, 2020 at 1:41 p.m.
Shibbal18
Edited May 23, 2020 at 1:48 p.m.
@Shibbal18
@SlickWilly
@Skyraider112
@leafs101
@Sabres923
@Smithcd995
He stole Jokiharju.
He stole Skinner.
He stole Miller.

ROR didn't quit on the Sabres this has been debunked multiple time (Eichel on spittin chiclets). The Pegula's over stepped their boundries and did handcuff Botterill, but its still not an excuse. Also saying its not that bad of a trade because ROR had a bad +/- in the playoffs and they were last place in January (i think they were 4.5 games out of the playoffs at the time) only to be saved by Binnington, im going to say is completely wrong. ROR won the Conn Smythe for a reason. - L
Thompson is not impressive - L
Miller is fine, but not impressive, and fell off a cliff coming to Buffalo, so it currently looks like Botterill bought high on a player before he came back to earth. If you trade stocks you know not to do that, thats how you lose money. - L
Ryan Johnson may end up being a good to great dman but the offensive talent he passes on at that point of the draft was inexcusable, especially as he picked Dahlin and Samuelsson at 1 and 32 the year before and having drafted Lindstrand Cronholm, Kukkonen, Worge Kreu, Laaksonen, and Bryson since he came in in 2017. In fact in 2018 he only drafted dmen save Pekar. 7 of 12 picks were Dmen in the 2 previous drafts, yet he passed on Kaliyev, Pinto, Brink, Lavoie, and Hoglander. 8 of 18 picks in 3 years for 6 spots in the NHL that have spots filled already. - L
Kane for Montour, sure i dont like Kane. But what the trade really was: Kane for the 1st, a 4th (eventually Huglen), and O'Regan (career AHLer) then Guhle and that first for Montour. That first could have been Tracey, Beecher, Kaliyev, Pinto, Brink, Lavoie, or Hoglander. So Kane, Guhle, and Tracey for Montour, Huglen, and O'Regan - not looking good
Jokiharju, again just because someone is worse than you, doesnt make you good - W
Skinner had a great year with Eichel, paid too much, and fell off due to lack of depth. Jury is still out but this may be a W even after factoring in the contract, I think Skinner bounces back with better forwards, but again their was some good forwards available there in the 2nd round, specifically Lavoie and Fagemo. They could have had the same result this year but instead have Tracey, Kaliyev, and Fagemo coming up instead of Montour, Skinner on the roster and over paid on a losing team and Johnson coming up.
Tyler Ennis (bad contract) Marcus Foligno (underappreciated power forward) 2018 3rd round pick (Jack McBain also available Jan Jeník, Cameron Hillis, Alec Regula, and Tyler Madden) for Marco Scandella (overpaid 2 or 3 LHD), Jason Pominville (nostalgia winger at the end of his career) 2018 4th round pick (Cronholm) - L
Deslauriers (aggressive 4th liner) for Redman (career AHLer) if youre a Rochester fan this is a win. I want Deslauriers so IMO -L
Conor Sheary Matt Hunwick for conditional 4th round pick (Maccelli) Maccelli actually looks good but this trade looks better with the Kahun trade later - W
Kreuger > Housley easy. I dont know how this isnt a universal opinion.
Sabres923 liked this.
May 23, 2020 at 2:09 p.m.
ROR didn't quit on the Sabres this has been debunked multiple time (Eichel on spittin chiclets). The Pegula's over stepped their boundries and did handcuff Botterill, but its still not an excuse. Also saying its not that bad of a trade because ROR had a bad +/- in the playoffs and they were last place in January (i think they were 4.5 games out of the playoffs at the time) only to be saved by Binnington, im going to say is completely wrong. ROR won the Conn Smythe for a reason. - L
Miller is fine, but not impressive, and fell off a cliff coming to Buffalo, so it currently looks like Botterill bought high on a player before he came back to earth. If you trade stocks you know not to do that, thats how you lose money. - L
Ryan Johnson may end up being a good to great dman but the offensive talent he passes on at that point of the draft was inexcusable, especially as he picked Dahlin and Samuelsson at 1 and 32 the year before and having drafted Lindstrand Cronholm, Kukkonen, Worge Kreu, Laaksonen, and Bryson since he came in in 2017. In fact in 2018 he only drafted dmen save Pekar. 7 of 12 picks were Dmen in the 2 previous drafts, yet he passed on Kaliyev, Pinto, Brink, Lavoie, and Hoglander. 8 of 18 picks in 3 years for 6 spots in the NHL that have spots filled already. - L
Kane for Montour, sure i dont like Kane. But what the trade really was: Kane for the 1st, a 4th (eventually Huglen), and O'Regan (career AHLer) then Guhle and that first for Montour. That first could have been Tracey, Beecher, Kaliyev, Pinto, Brink, Lavoie, or Hoglander. So Kane, Guhle, and Tracey for Montour, Huglen, and O'Regan - not looking good
Jokiharju, again just because someone is worse than you, doesnt make you good - W
Skinner had a great year with Eichel, paid too much, and fell off due to lack of depth. Jury is still out but this may be a W even after factoring in the contract, I think Skinner bounces back with better forwards, but again their was some good forwards available there in the 2nd round, specifically Lavoie and Fagemo. They could have had the same result this year but instead have Tracey, Kaliyev, and Fagemo coming up instead of Montour, Skinner on the roster and over paid on a losing team and Johnson coming up.
Tyler Ennis (bad contract) Marcus Foligno (underappreciated power forward) 2018 3rd round pick (Jack McBain also available Jan Jeník, Cameron Hillis, Alec Regula, and Tyler Madden) for Marco Scandella (overpaid 2 or 3 LHD), Jason Pominville (nostalgia winger at the end of his career) 2018 4th round pick (Cronholm) - L
Deslauriers (aggressive 4th liner) for Redman (career AHLer) if youre a Rochester fan this is a win. I want Deslauriers so IMO -L
Conor Sheary Matt Hunwick for conditional 4th round pick (Maccelli) Maccelli actually looks good but this trade looks better with the Kahun trade later - W

I liked Housley’s forward lines better than Krueger plus he gave Dahlin a short leash when Bogosian cost them game after game.
May 23, 2020 at 2:24 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: Sabres923
I liked Housley’s forward lines better than Krueger plus he gave Dahlin a short leash when Bogosian cost them game after game.

Im not blaming Kreuger for Skinner. He has no center so the options are put Skinner with Mittlestadt (nope he got demoted), put Skinner with Johansson (this line was actually doing very well with Sobotka of all people, but when he got hurt they could not find a replacement out of supposedly better forwards to match what Sobotka brought to that line, so giving credit to Kreuger here), try literally any other line combination to see if they can find a spark somewhere (including promoting the much deserved Lazar, and the supposedly better than Sobotka wingers) because your starting goalie got hurt and your season is tanking, or bury Olofsson on lines where Skinner couldn't succeed (which worked only after getting Kuhun 2 weeks before the season ended. Dahlin needed a short lease early on and this will do wonders for his development. Bogosian clearly was being showcased by Botterill so Krueger did not have a voice in this matter, he was probably told it would be a couple of weeks at most and it turned into 3 months. The only questionable decision for me was when Olofsson was hurt, but it is easily defendable as Vesey is supposed to be a 20 goal scorer (much like Reinhart) and he didn't want all of his talent on one line as this would get shut down very quickly. Krueger's faults are Botterill's failures and its not fair to blame Krueger this early.
May 23, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.

First, thanks for your comment.
Jeff with Jack is why I like Housley over Krueger, but as I said, I liked Krueger at first (Just as I liked Murray until he started trading away draft picks for nothing).
I guess you did not hear O'Reilly say he lost his love of the game. I heard that and immediately thought he had to go.
Did you know O'Reilly had the worse +/- among all skater going into the finals? Did you know he was on the ice for the only Stars goal in game 7? We can disagree on the contribution O'Reilly made but, it was not only him as so many in Buffalo seem to think.
O'Reilly may have been the most talented Sabre, but just look at that '17-'18 club. Seven players with 10 or more goals, the Hockey Writers thought they were a playoff team, O'Reilly sets a record for face-off wins, this is not a last over all club. Time to cut the chaff and move on. Let me add, O'Reilly really never led a club to the playoffs, he was just one of many, especially when he only "LED" a team to the playoffs in 3 of his 10 years in the NHL.
Let me add to Botterill's first year. He knew this club was close to getting to the playoffs, but he knew it lacked leadership, secondary scoring and defense.
He picked up as many players as he could with playoff experience. Wilson and Nolan (once they were added Deslauriers was extra) each were on a team that won 2 cups. Pomenville, Scandella, Beaulieu, Pouliot all had Stanley cup game experience. Do you remember Nolan saying no one is held accountable? Unfortunately getting playoff and cup experience did not help this team.
He added Pouliot and Pominville for the secondary scoring.
Scandella and Beaulieu helped with the really pitiful defense Botterill inherited.
That should have been a playoff team.

What I like in particular about Botterill were his efforts to make Rochester better and build a winning tradition there.
Once a player gets acclimated to losing it is hard to change. Winning starts in Rochester and they are doing it now.
Long range then how to build a cup, start with a winning atmosphere on the farm.
So he went about building a better Rochester.
He was very successful as they have been a playoff team every year since his arrival.
The three previous years, the Buffalo GM blamed previous management.
This BTW was the reason he picked up Redman, make Rochester better and trade players that are extra.

Let me add, I liked Deslauriers, Foligno and Ennis, but he made short term trades that did not pan out at all, to try to make the PO. and this was a PO team that did not produce.

As to the trades we obviously disagree.
I will make the trade Kane and Guhle for Montour any time.
Miller was the fourth RHD and suffered from lack ice time, but he had one of the best advanced metrics among all D-men.
Many thought (I think you were one of them) Scandella was our best LHD that year, so please let's not call him 2nd or 3rd pairing. You are contradicting your self when you say we should have received a 2nd for him then call him a 3rd pairing defenseman.
Pomenville was old and over the hill, but he was a throw in to cut the Stars salary and Scandella was the key.

We can discuss all of the trades and disagree on the value (especially when you say " just because someone is worse than you, doesnt make you good"). So let's agree to disagree.
While many will jump on the "Jason Botterill is the worst" bandwagon, that honor actually goes to Tim Murray!
Let me close, Botterill has made a lot of errors, but the rebuild started with the 2018 draft and that was only 2 seasons ago.
May 23, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
First, thanks for your comment.
Jeff with Jack is why I like Housley over Krueger, but as I said, I liked Krueger at first (Just as I liked Murray until he started trading away draft picks for nothing).
I guess you did not hear O'Reilly say he lost his love of the game. I heard that and immediately thought he had to go.
Did you know O'Reilly had the worse +/- among all skater going into the finals? Did you know he was on the ice for the only Stars goal in game 7? We can disagree on the contribution O'Reilly made but, it was not only him as so many in Buffalo seem to think.
O'Reilly may have been the most talented Sabre, but just look at that '17-'18 club. Seven players with 10 or more goals, the Hockey Writers thought they were a playoff team, O'Reilly sets a record for face-off wins, this is not a last over all club. Time to cut the chaff and move on. Let me add, O'Reilly really never led a club to the playoffs, he was just one of many, especially when he only "LED" a team to the playoffs in 3 of his 10 years in the NHL.
Let me add to Botterill's first year. He knew this club was close to getting to the playoffs, but he knew it lacked leadership, secondary scoring and defense.
He picked up as many players as he could with playoff experience. Wilson and Nolan (once they were added Deslauriers was extra) each were on a team that won 2 cups. Pomenville, Scandella, Beaulieu, Pouliot all had Stanley cup game experience. Do you remember Nolan saying no one is held accountable? Unfortunately getting playoff and cup experience did not help this team.
He added Pouliot and Pominville for the secondary scoring.
Scandella and Beaulieu helped with the really pitiful defense Botterill inherited.
That should have been a playoff team.

What I like in particular about Botterill were his efforts to make Rochester better and build a winning tradition there.
Once a player gets acclimated to losing it is hard to change. Winning starts in Rochester and they are doing it now.
Long range then how to build a cup, start with a winning atmosphere on the farm.
So he went about building a better Rochester.
He was very successful as they have been a playoff team every year since his arrival.
The three previous years, the Buffalo GM blamed previous management.
This BTW was the reason he picked up Redman, make Rochester better and trade players that are extra.

Let me add, I liked Deslauriers, Foligno and Ennis, but he made short term trades that did not pan out at all, to try to make the PO. and this was a PO team that did not produce.

As to the trades we obviously disagree.
I will make the trade Kane and Guhle for Montour any time.
Miller was the fourth RHD and suffered from lack ice time, but he had one of the best advanced metrics among all D-men.
Many thought (I think you were one of them) Scandella was our best LHD that year, so please let's not call him 2nd or 3rd pairing. You are contradicting your self when you say we should have received a 2nd for him then call him a 3rd pairing defenseman.
Pomenville was old and over the hill, but he was a throw in to cut the Stars salary and Scandella was the key.

We can discuss all of the trades and disagree on the value (especially when you say " just because someone is worse than you, doesnt make you good"). So let's agree to disagree.
While many will jump on the "Jason Botterill is the worst" bandwagon, that honor actually goes to Tim Murray!
Let me close, Botterill has made a lot of errors, but the rebuild started with the 2018 draft and that was only 2 seasons ago.

Ok sure the rebuild stared in 2018. You still shouldn’t be in 25th place.
Shibbal18 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll