Raymond, Lucas
    $925,000$925,000
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $9,000,000$9,000,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW, RW, C
    UFA
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    RD
    RFA - 3
    $778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    G
    RFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    LD
    UFA
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    G
    UFA - 4
    $889,166$889,166
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $925,000$925,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    C
    RFA
    $925,000$925,000
    LD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 25, 2020 at 9:15 a.m.
    I think one of Miller or Ristolainen will be gone, most likely Miller.
    Listen to this to see what our GK think is our best defensive defenseman:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRYKdhLhDBE jump to the 7:00 minute mark for Hutton's evaluation of defensemen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckVghC4scQ&list=PLm-te1GzhNecjfq8ye0AW5OhkN1frPjWo&index=19&t=0s Jump to the 7:35 minute mark
    With that being said, I think your line up demonstrates why it is important to be patient.
    I know many are down on Mittelstadt but he is only 21 years old, has 39 NHL pts in 114 games, has a good attitude, and is still one of the best players drafted in 2017.
    The same can be said of Thompson. He was the best Amerk in the 2019 playoffs, has 12 goals in 24 AHL games, voted team leader among Sabre prospects, has a good attitude and is HUGE.
    It appear Botterill may have stolen Kahun.
    Being patient with Cozens is the best thing this team can do (Grigorenko, Thompson, Mittelstadt, Ristolainen). I would like to see the team wait one more year.
    The same could be said about Raymond, let's be patient with him as well.
    I like that you moved Sam to the second line. He is good passer, he skates well enough, has very good attitude, creates traffic in front of net and deserves to drive his own line.
    As I indicated above, IMO McCabe will be on the team.
    But I think you did a great job and if Cozens can produce, Thompson can transfer his AHL success to the NHL, Mittelstadt continues to progress and Kahun can get us 40+ pts, the future is bright.
    Oh yes,i forgot, Dahlin is only 19 years old, he will start to be good in 2 years.
    BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
    May 25, 2020 at 10:36 a.m.
    Quoting: gretzkyghosts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRYKdhLhDBE jump to the 7:00 minute mark for Hutton's evaluation of defensemen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckVghC4scQ&list=PLm-te1GzhNecjfq8ye0AW5OhkN1frPjWo&index=19&t=0s Jump to the 7:35 minute mark
    With that being said, I think your line up demonstrates why it is important to be patient.
    I know many are down on Mittelstadt but he is only 21 years old, has 39 NHL pts in 114 games, has a good attitude, and is still one of the best players drafted in 2017.
    The same can be said of Thompson. He was the best Amerk in the 2019 playoffs, has 12 goals in 24 AHL games, voted team leader among Sabre prospects, has a good attitude and is HUGE.
    Being patient with Cozens is the best thing this team can do (Grigorenko, Thompson, Mittelstadt, Ristolainen). I would like to see the team wait one more year.
    I like that you moved Sam to the second line. He is good passer, he skates well enough, has very good attitude, creates traffic in front of net and deserves to drive his own line.
    But I think you did a great job and if Cozens can produce, Thompson can transfer his AHL success to the NHL, Mittelstadt continues to progress and Kahun can get us 40+ pts, the future is bright.
    Oh yes,i forgot, Dahlin is only 19 years old, he will start to be good in 2 years.

a lot of "ifs" at the end there haha

and imagine being the GM and telling eichel what you said here:

"Being patient with Cozens is the best thing this team can do (Grigorenko, Thompson, Mittelstadt, Ristolainen). I would like to see the team wait one more year.
    The same could be said about Raymond, let's be patient with him as well."

Translated as: "Hey Jack I know you are a top 10 player in the league and we've absolutely wasted the first 5 years of your career with us here in Buffalo......BUT if you just endure another whole year or 2 or maybe 3 of suffering and not making the playoffs it will be worth it because we got this 19 year old kid named Dylan and another 18 year old kid who we just drafted that are going to turn the franchise around! Again, it might be another 2-3 years til we finally make the playoffs because we are going to wait to be good and not make any aggressive moves to try and significantly improve the team right now for the upcoming season. Just keep on being patient!"

Jack Eichel leaves GM office and hops on Twitter to write "I'm ready for a new beginning."

Jack Eichel is a Nashville Predator 2 days later
    May 25, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
    Sabres are elite
    Pekar will be on the team. Samuelsson would play over Borgen for sure
    May 25, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
    Quoting: sabres1108
    a lot of "ifs" at the end there haha

and imagine being the GM and telling eichel what you said here:

"Being patient with Cozens is the best thing this team can do (Grigorenko, Thompson, Mittelstadt, Ristolainen). I would like to see the team wait one more year.
    The same could be said about Raymond, let's be patient with him as well."

Translated as: "Hey Jack I know you are a top 10 player in the league and we've absolutely wasted the first 5 years of your career with us here in Buffalo......BUT if you just endure another whole year or 2 or maybe 3 of suffering and not making the playoffs it will be worth it because we got this 19 year old kid named Dylan and another 18 year old kid who we just drafted that are going to turn the franchise around! Again, it might be another 2-3 years til we finally make the playoffs because we are going to wait to be good and not make any aggressive moves to try and significantly improve the team right now for the upcoming season. Just keep on being patient!"

Jack Eichel leaves GM office and hops on Twitter to write "I'm ready for a new beginning."

Jack Eichel is a Nashville Predator 2 days later

I know what you mean, but what happened when pushing the envelop and trading the future for top line players, opps we get the first over all pick and draft Dahlin.
    I know I put a lot of "IFs"
    Casey ,we call him a bust at 21 years old, is already a 30 pt/yr forward, that would rank him as fringe 2nd line forward in 2018-'19, so he is really close.
    40pt/yr would make him a solid 2nd line forward,
    Kahun is already averaging 40pt/yr so he is already a 2nd line forward.
    Thompson appears to be an AHL 40 goal/yr forward.
    Johansson career avg is 46pt/yr
    So with Jeff, Sam, Jack and Victor set as 4 of the top 6, we only need to add 2 more, I am certain among Dominick, Tage, Casey or Johansson we will fill out the second line and 2/3 of the 3rd line, we need to be patient with Dylan.
    Furthermore, even if we keep Ristolainen and McCabe, as I suggested, Jake and Brandon are the oldest among that core at 26. That is the age when defensemen start getting good.
    Look at the GK, Ullmark appears to be ready to take over the #1 GK role (if he stayed healthy, the Sabres are in the playoffs this year) and in two year UPL will be better than he.
    It is interesting how I saw your post as a positive outlook of the future and you see it as negative.
    May 25, 2020 at 1:39 p.m.
    I know what you mean, but what happened when pushing the envelop and trading the future for top line players, opps we get the first over all pick and draft Dahlin.
    I know I put a lot of "IFs"
    Casey ,we call him a bust at 21 years old, is already a 30 pt/yr forward, that would rank him as fringe 2nd line forward in 2018-'19, so he is really close.
    40pt/yr would make him a solid 2nd line forward,
    Kahun is already averaging 40pt/yr so he is already a 2nd line forward.
    Thompson appears to be an AHL 40 goal/yr forward.
    Johansson career avg is 46pt/yr
    So with Jeff, Sam, Jack and Victor set as 4 of the top 6, we only need to add 2 more, I am certain among Dominick, Tage, Casey or Johansson we will fill out the second line and 2/3 of the 3rd line, we need to be patient with Dylan.
    Furthermore, even if we keep Ristolainen and McCabe, as I suggested, Jake and Brandon are the oldest among that core at 26. That is the age when defensemen start getting good.
    Look at the GK, Ullmark appears to be ready to take over the #1 GK role (if he stayed healthy, the Sabres are in the playoffs this year) and in two year UPL will be better than he.
    It is interesting how I saw your post as a positive outlook of the future and you see it as negative.

its negative because we havent made the playoffs for 9 god damn years and unless we make significant moves that improve the team right now its going to be another few years more

whats the point in waiting for picks and prospects to hopefully maybe pan out in 3 years or so if by then Jack Eichel has requested a trade anyways

While I have a top 10 player in the league on my team in his prime, Im doing all i can to build a competitive team around him immediately. Why waste his career hoping that Dylan Cozens and Cole Perfetti will be the saviors of the franchise when they could just as easily wind up being Mittelstadt's, Grigorenko's, Yakupov's or an Alex Nylander.

My point is im sick of having an embarrassing team. The armchair team i made here inspires no hope in me whatsoever, idc about 18 year old prospects at this point, I would literally call any team and see what I could get done in a big deal.

Try to acquire youngish, established NHLers that make us a playoff team. Offer up our 1st this year, 1st next year, dylan cozens, mittelstadt, risto whatever it takes to get Jack some help and ice an actual NHL team that makes the playoffs if they allow an extra 8 f*cking teams in.

Thats why it's negative
    May 25, 2020 at 5:29 p.m.
    Quoting: sabres1108
    its negative because we havent made the playoffs for 9 god damn years and unless we make significant moves that improve the team right now its going to be another few years more

whats the point in waiting for picks and prospects to hopefully maybe pan out in 3 years or so if by then Jack Eichel has requested a trade anyways

While I have a top 10 player in the league on my team in his prime, Im doing all i can to build a competitive team around him immediately. Why waste his career hoping that Dylan Cozens and Cole Perfetti will be the saviors of the franchise when they could just as easily wind up being Mittelstadt's, Grigorenko's, Yakupov's or an Alex Nylander.

My point is im sick of having an embarrassing team. The armchair team i made here inspires no hope in me whatsoever, idc about 18 year old prospects at this point, I would literally call any team and see what I could get done in a big deal.

Try to acquire youngish, established NHLers that make us a playoff team. Offer up our 1st this year, 1st next year, dylan cozens, mittelstadt, risto whatever it takes to get Jack some help and ice an actual NHL team that makes the playoffs if they allow an extra 8 f*cking teams in.

Thats why it's negative

Funny the line up you proposed is composed of young players with plenty of up side.
    You see past failure, I see great future.
    The best player in the last 20 years won his first cup when he was 22 years old in his 4th NHL season and did not win his 2nd until he was 29 years old.
    Let's see how that team was built:
    Evgeni Malkin 2004 2nd
    Sidney Crosby 2005 1st
    Jordan Staal 2006 2nd
    Top three scorers for the 2008-'09 Penguins.

Who was drafted around Jack, Reinhart and Nylander, How do they compare to Staal and Malkin?
    Oh yeh it could have been Draisaitl and Sergachev.
    Teams are built around the draft and patience.
    I have said this before, the rebuild started with the drafting of Dahlin, let's see what happens when he turns 22, after all he is only 19, not 22.
    May 25, 2020 at 5:37 p.m.
    Funny the line up you proposed is composed of young players with plenty of up side.
    You see past failure, I see great future.
    The best player in the last 20 years won his first cup when he was 22 years old in his 4th NHL season and did not win his 2nd until he was 29 years old.
    Let's see how that team was built:
    Evgeni Malkin 2004 2nd
    Sidney Crosby 2005 1st
    Jordan Staal 2006 2nd
    Top three scorers for the 2008-'09 Penguins.

Who was drafted around Jack, Reinhart and Nylander, How do they compare to Staal and Malkin?
    Oh yeh it could have been Draisaitl and Sergachev.
    Teams are built around the draft and patience.
    I have said this before, the rebuild started with the drafting of Dahlin, let's see what happens when he turns 22, after all he is only 19, not 22.

I'm not trying to wait 3 more years of no playoffs dude

im not sure what the penguins comparisons are about at all man....like what is your point...They drafted 3 hall of famers including 2 of the best players ever in Crosby, Malkin and MA Fluery

We lost out on McDavid and got Eichel (he's obviously still great but ya its sad to think about)
    Reinhart is good but nowhere near caliber of Malkin/Crosby
    Dahlin is nice but whats the comparison with the HOFers you mentioned above?

Crosby is a top 5 player of all time who has 3 stanley cups, the Buffalo Sabres are a one line hockey team wasting the talent of a top 10 player in the league and have the worst owners in the league. Theres no comparison
    May 29, 2020 at 1:08 p.m.

I think that the Kahun trade may have got Botteril another season as GM
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    May 29, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
    Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
    I think that the Kahun trade may have got Botteril another season as GM

Yup. Thanks for your comment.
    He traded for one too many RHD while not getting a decent #2 Center.
    While I thought Johansson and Vesey were good moves, we needed more RH forwards, than LH.
    He totally buggered Scandella and made it worse by picking up Frolik with the pick.

But at the TDL getting Simmonds for a 5th was a great move that did not work out as they lost 6 straight.
    I guess adding Vesey, Miller, Jokiharju, Kahun and Simmonds in general is a plus while only giving up only 2nd, 3rd, 5th, Nylander, Sheary and Rodrigues.

Finally, if Vesey and Skinner could have had average years (and extra 25 to 30 team goals), I think the team is in the playoffs and no one is asking for Botterill's head.
    BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
    May 29, 2020 at 1:36 p.m.
    Yup. Thanks for your comment.
    He traded for one too many RHD while not getting a decent #2 Center.
    While I thought Johansson and Vesey were good moves, we needed more RH forwards, than LH.
    He totally buggered Scandella and made it worse by picking up Frolik with the pick.

But at the TDL getting Simmonds for a 5th was a great move that did not work out as they lost 6 straight.
    I guess adding Vesey, Miller, Jokiharju, Kahun and Simmonds in general is a plus while only giving up only 2nd, 3rd, 5th, Nylander, Sheary and Rodrigues.

Finally, if Vesey and Skinner could have had average years (and extra 25 to 30 team goals), I think the team is in the playoffs and no one is asking for Botterill's head.

I totally agree, those 2 players were below average and i think that Hutton was also not as good as was expected.
    gretzkyghosts liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll