Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 mock draft

2020 mock draft

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: kdp23
Published: May 24, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
May 25, 2020 at 1:25 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Montreal isn’t passing over Cole Perfetti, especially for Jake Sanderson. A winger would benefit us way more than a LHD.
ChiHawk and OldNYIfan liked this.
May 25, 2020 at 3:17 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Montreal isn’t passing over Cole Perfetti, especially for Jake Sanderson. A winger would benefit us way more than a LHD.

Agree and think those two positions easily swap, however I think Perfetti goes before Rossi so the question would be, does montreal want Rossi and moving him to the wing?
May 25, 2020 at 4:18 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: ChiHawk
Agree and think those two positions easily swap, however I think Perfetti goes before Rossi so the question would be, does montreal want Rossi and moving him to the wing?

I think the top 8 are more or less locked in with the first 7 as you have them and Montreal taking Perfetti as @Kotkaniemi15 says. Whether Perfetti is preferable to Rossi in isolation ignores the teams involved. New Jersey doesn't need a center with Hischier and Hughes but needs a forward to play with one of them; Buffalo is desperate for a #2 center and will chose between Rossi and Lundell and I don't think their choice will surprise us. The real fork in the road comes with your team: do they pick the goalie? Do they pick the best LHD available? Will they select a RW like Jack Quinn or Rodion Amirov?
May 25, 2020 at 4:59 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think the top 8 are more or less locked in with the first 7 as you have them and Montreal taking Perfetti as @Kotkaniemi15 says. Whether Perfetti is preferable to Rossi in isolation ignores the teams involved. New Jersey doesn't need a center with Hischier and Hughes but needs a forward to play with one of them; Buffalo is desperate for a #2 center and will chose between Rossi and Lundell and I don't think their choice will surprise us. The real fork in the road comes with your team: do they pick the goalie? Do they pick the best LHD available? Will they select a RW like Jack Quinn or Rodion Amirov?

Pretty sure the Hawks don't pick Askarov at the #9...way too much risk in picking a goalie that high and regardless goalies take 4+ years before seeing NHL ice. Hawks are still trying to compete so they will look for someone ready now or in a year. Lundell is the most obvious choice when you look who's going to be ready quickest in the #9 spot.

I'd argue, NJ could take Sanderson as their defensive prospects aren't the best with the 11th pick OA. With the 6 spot they surely take a winger.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 25, 2020 at 5:50 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Pretty sure the Hawks don't pick Askarov at the #9...way too much risk in picking a goalie that high and regardless goalies take 4+ years before seeing NHL ice. Hawks are still trying to compete so they will look for someone ready now or in a year. Lundell is the most obvious choice when you look who's going to be ready quickest in the #9 spot.

I'd argue, NJ could take Sanderson as their defensive prospects aren't the best with the 11th pick OA. With the 6 spot they surely take a winger.

I agree with you on Askarov. The earliest I have him going sensibly is Ottawa's third pick.

Would you take Sanderson or Lundell? Do Quinn or Amirov interest you at all there?
May 25, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I agree with you on Askarov. The earliest I have him going sensibly is Ottawa's third pick.

Would you take Sanderson or Lundell? Do Quinn or Amirov interest you at all there?

Pretty sure the Hawks will target Lundell if the first 8 picks shake out as discussed. He's probably the 2nd or 3rd most NHL ready and Hawks are retooling not rebuilding so they are trying to compete now, not that I agree but I digress.

Hawks have a logjam of defensive prospects; on the left....Vlasic, Beaudin, Krys, Carlsson and on the right...Mitchell, Boqvist, Regula. While they don't have a true first line LHD prospect, Vlasic, Beaudin and Carlsson are all going to compete for 2nd line duties so if Sanderson doesn't turn out to be a first liner, then we just added to the logjam. If Sanderson, like Drysdale, was a bonafide lock for 1st line it would be someone the Hawks would target but then again, he wouldn't fall to the 9 spot.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 25, 2020 at 11:00 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Hmm. I don’t know, maybe we pick Quinn?
May 25, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
I agree with you guys on the top 8, however we always know one team typically goes off the public board. Hayton a couple years ago to the yotes and then last year Seider to the wings. I think Sanderson is a candidate based on being the second best d prospect after Drysdale. Quinn that you mentioned is another one who some rank top 10. I would not be happy but I wouldn’t be completely surprised if jersey picked him at 6 especially with the amount of 67 players they already have.

Saying that, who do you guys think that player could be this year?
ChiHawk liked this.
May 26, 2020 at 1:21 a.m.
Quoting: kdp23
I agree with you guys on the top 8, however we always know one team typically goes off the public board. Hayton a couple years ago to the yotes and then last year Seider to the wings. I think Sanderson is a candidate based on being the second best d prospect after Drysdale. Quinn that you mentioned is another one who some rank top 10. I would not be happy but I wouldn’t be completely surprised if jersey picked him at 6 especially with the amount of 67 players they already have.

Saying that, who do you guys think that player could be this year?

I agree it's Sanderson or Quinn and a possibility Askarov.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll