SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Chi-Van

Created by: DaKeGa
Published: May 25, 2020 at 11:56 a.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 1/186 (1%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $15,325,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: $1,336,667
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Entwistle, MackenzieWaivers ExemptChicago BlackhawksMinor-$0011---0000--
Mitchell, IanWaivers ExemptChicago BlackhawksNHL-$0111---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Podkolzin, VasilyWaivers ExemptVancouver CanucksMinor-$0011---0000--
2021 2nd round pick (Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVAN)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$13,988,3332445693612
Change$0-1-1-1010
Final$13,988,33323 (↓)44 (↓)68 (↓)37 (↑)12000

Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $8,666,667
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: $4,697,500
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Podkolzin, VasilyWaivers ExemptVancouver CanucksMinor-$0011---0000--
2021 2nd round pick (Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVAN)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Entwistle, MackenzieWaivers ExemptChicago BlackhawksMinor-$0011---0000--
Mitchell, IanWaivers ExemptChicago BlackhawksNHL-$0111---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$3,969,1672347633512
Change$01110-10
Final$3,969,16724 (↑)48 (↑)64 (↑)34 (↓)12000
May 25, 2020 at 1:32 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Wow, the Canucks should totally trade their 10th overall pick (who should’ve gone higher) from 1 year ago AND a 2nd round pick for a good prospect and an ok prospect. Entwistle isn’t worth a 2nd, and Vancouver sure as hell isn’t trading Podkolzin for Ian Mitchell.
reelkena and BDIBIT liked this.
May 25, 2020 at 4:42 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
As a Canucks fan, I'm insulted. Like actually. Just because you want something, doesn't make it yours to take. This is a trade designed by an only child who was coddled too much.
BDIBIT liked this.
May 25, 2020 at 7:39 p.m.
I hope you're drunk
May 25, 2020 at 9:55 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Wow, the Canucks should totally trade their 10th overall pick (who should’ve gone higher) from 1 year ago AND a 2nd round pick for a good prospect and an ok prospect. Entwistle isn’t worth a 2nd, and Vancouver sure as hell isn’t trading Podkolzin for Ian Mitchell.

Why does Podkolzin go earlier? What prospect has he out performed that went earlier? Maybe Broberg?
May 26, 2020 at 12:00 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: BStinson
Why does Podkolzin go earlier? What prospect has he out performed that went earlier? Maybe Broberg?

Podkolzin was ranked #3 by scouting but they knew he was playing 1-2 years in the KHL because SKA St Petersburg doesn't let people out of their contracts by rule. He dropped because teams would rather have a slightly lower ranked guy than wait to try their players out in the AHL. Van loves taking underappreciated Europeans and scooped him. They would never give up on him before they even get a look.
May 26, 2020 at 9:24 a.m.
Edited May 26, 2020 at 9:36 a.m.
Quoting: reelkena
Podkolzin was ranked #3 by scouting but they knew he was playing 1-2 years in the KHL because SKA St Petersburg doesn't let people out of their contracts by rule. He dropped because teams would rather have a slightly lower ranked guy than wait to try their players out in the AHL. Van loves taking underappreciated Europeans and scooped him. They would never give up on him before they even get a look.

My point still stands, which prospect has he outperformed since being drafted that went 1-9? Podkolzin was propped up based on his play in Hlinka on public rankings which doesn’t reflect actual team’s rankings (look at Detroit’s Seider pick). The contract is a valid concern since he was bounced around leagues and lines and development is crucial. I like Podkolzin as a prospect but I do have concerns with his play like his league production or team utilization or erratic play at times.

Bob McKenzies final rankings had him at #8 and he went #10.
https://www.tsn.ca/americans-set-to-dominate-first-round-of-the-nhl-draft-1.1323878
May 26, 2020 at 1:16 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
My point still stands, which prospect has he outperformed since being drafted that went 1-9? Podkolzin was propped up based on his play in Hlinka on public rankings which doesn’t reflect actual team’s rankings (look at Detroit’s Seider pick). The contract is a valid concern since he was bounced around leagues and lines and development is crucial. I like Podkolzin as a prospect but I do have concerns with his play like his league production or team utilization or erratic play at times.

Bob McKenzies final rankings had him at #8 and he went #10.
https://www.tsn.ca/americans-set-to-dominate-first-round-of-the-nhl-draft-1.1323878

He hasn't outperformed or underperformed basically anyone. There's no part of a discussion here where Van cares if people in a different continent and league are more well received thus far. We knew Podkolzin wasn't gonna be properly assessed right away and thats why he dropped to where he did. We're fine with that and he's not for sale.
May 26, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
He hasn't outperformed or underperformed basically anyone. There's no part of a discussion here where Van cares if people in a different continent and league are more well received thus far. We knew Podkolzin wasn't gonna be properly assessed right away and thats why he dropped to where he did. We're fine with that and he's not for sale.

He didn’t drop though (If you’d just look at the source from my post). That’s my whole point. He’s a good prospect but he’s no where near third best prospect in that draft at the time of the draft or currently. Nor do I care since I don’t have a stake in either team but find it extremely disingenuous and a false statement.
May 26, 2020 at 3:14 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
He didn’t drop though (If you’d just look at the source from my post). That’s my whole point. He’s a good prospect but he’s no where near third best prospect in that draft at the time of the draft or currently. Nor do I care since I don’t have a stake in either team but find it extremely disingenuous and a false statement.

Rankings:
#7 by HOCKEYPROSPECT.COM
#4 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
#6 by ISS HOCKEY
#11 by MCKEEN’S HOCKEY
#2 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
#3 EliteProspects
#3 by Bob McKenzie

I guess it's "as high as 3rd" but if you think 10th isn't a drop from this then I don't know what to tell you. If Bob changed from 3 to 8 thats fine. This is what I saw and this is what I heard prior to the draft. Also when he was drafted it was a common comment that the was a steal at 10.
May 26, 2020 at 4:24 p.m.
Rankings:
#7 by HOCKEYPROSPECT.COM
#4 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
#6 by ISS HOCKEY
#11 by MCKEEN’S HOCKEY
#2 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
#3 EliteProspects
#3 by Bob McKenzie

I guess it's "as high as 3rd" but if you think 10th isn't a drop from this then I don't know what to tell you. If Bob changed from 3 to 8 thats fine. This is what I saw and this is what I heard prior to the draft. Also when he was drafted it was a common comment that the was a steal at 10.

Look at the source I posted which is McKenzie’s final rankings has him at #8 and not #3 like you listed. McKenzie actually polls actual scouts from teams so gives a good idea of how the draft will play out. Here’s a source (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rawcharge.com/platform/amp/2019/6/21/18696603/final-consolidated-2019-nhl-draft-rankings-the-top-93-how-to-watch-jack-hughes-kaapo-kakko) that’s consolidated showing #8 at final rankings. You may be looking at interim rankings.
May 26, 2020 at 8:28 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Look at the source I posted which is McKenzie’s final rankings has him at #8 and not #3 like you listed. McKenzie actually polls actual scouts from teams so gives a good idea of how the draft will play out. Here’s a source (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rawcharge.com/platform/amp/2019/6/21/18696603/final-consolidated-2019-nhl-draft-rankings-the-top-93-how-to-watch-jack-hughes-kaapo-kakko) that’s consolidated showing #8 at final rankings. You may be looking at interim rankings.

I even noted your McKenzie article in my comment. You're just arguing for arguing at this point. It's a slam dunk that Vasily dropped in the draft because of external factors. Van isn't moving him without seeing how far that drop really was. #3 or #6 or even #8, none of those are #10 and they're not going to flip an untested guy that Van got as they consider a steal to a team that thinks like you are.
May 26, 2020 at 9:21 p.m.
I even noted your McKenzie article in my comment. You're just arguing for arguing at this point. It's a slam dunk that Vasily dropped in the draft because of external factors. Van isn't moving him without seeing how far that drop really was. #3 or #6 or even #8, none of those are #10 and they're not going to flip an untested guy that Van got as they consider a steal to a team that thinks like you are.

It’s not arguing when I’ve presented sourced information disproving your point (on multiple occasion). My point isn’t the value of the trade, it’s to a completely disingenuous comment about Podkolzin being the third ranked in his draft come draft time. Again I don’t have a pony in this show since I’m a Detroit fan which I’ve already stated
May 27, 2020 at 2:23 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
It’s not arguing when I’ve presented sourced information disproving your point (on multiple occasion). My point isn’t the value of the trade, it’s to a completely disingenuous comment about Podkolzin being the third ranked in his draft come draft time. Again I don’t have a pony in this show since I’m a Detroit fan which I’ve already stated

Even if that list isn't all final rankings (which I'm not bothering to go and check) There's a 2, 2 3's and a 4 out of 7. Which means at points during the season he was very clearly 3rd. I also watched the draft where they talked about him being third. So my point is if you call me disingenuous, then get facts proving I'm not. Don't double down on it and make yourself look stupid. You're not the president. Only he tries that ****.
May 27, 2020 at 10:19 a.m.
Edited May 27, 2020 at 10:25 a.m.
Even if that list isn't all final rankings (which I'm not bothering to go and check) There's a 2, 2 3's and a 4 out of 7. Which means at points during the season he was very clearly 3rd. I also watched the draft where they talked about him being third. So my point is if you call me disingenuous, then get facts proving I'm not. Don't double down on it and make yourself look stupid. You're not the president. Only he tries that ****.

I’ve provided two lists which clearly show your inaccuracies (McKenzie & a consolidated one) but you don’t want to validate them or do a quick google search yourself. I’ve even explained your probably looking at interim rankings since Podkolzin performed well in Hlinka and 5 Nation and rankings are extremely fluid (look at Liljegren recently). At that point in time he probably would’ve went top 3 or 5 but he didn’t do anything after that to suggest being that high. I’m not quite sure why your so hostile and since you haven’t provided any evidence other than “I watched the draft” so unless you can provide an actual source have a good day/life.
May 27, 2020 at 1:12 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
I’ve provided two lists which clearly show your inaccuracies (McKenzie & a consolidated one) but you don’t want to validate them or do a quick google search yourself. I’ve even explained your probably looking at interim rankings since Podkolzin performed well in Hlinka and 5 Nation and rankings are extremely fluid (look at Liljegren recently). At that point in time he probably would’ve went top 3 or 5 but he didn’t do anything after that to suggest being that high. I’m not quite sure why your so hostile and since you haven’t provided any evidence other than “I watched the draft” so unless you can provide an actual source have a good day/life.

7 websites isn't proof. ok. Van declines.
May 27, 2020 at 2:27 p.m.
7 websites isn't proof. ok. Van declines.

You yourself claimed you posted something that could be interim rankings since I debunked it. Yet can’t provide a website of where you pulled them from to see the date. Face it bud you’re wrong and it’s okay life will go on and unless you post something credible I won’t continue with your trolling.
May 28, 2020 at 12:16 a.m.
Hawkey
Not saying that this is a good trade for either side or choosing sides. Not a trade likely to happen either and could be tweaked to entice. Entwistle and Mitchell both will compete to make the leap next season however and should see at least a peek at the NHL level! Mitchell will compliment an offensive defenseman such as Quinn Hughes but more likely a lower pairing in the lineup. Entwistle can provide bottom six scoring with his talent potentially and also be the type to move up and down the lineup and may see ice time on all 4 lines. They both could be immediate young talent to fill holes next year and their only desired path at this time is to play for the NHL. Podkolzin is talented but will not be trying his skills in the NHL until a year later at least and sometimes the transition doesn't always work out. Depends on the needs of the franchise at the time and who can wait and see on Podkolzin or who wants to develop chemistry now with the likes of entwistle and Mitchell or comparable talents.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll