Forums/Armchair-GM

If no CBO Seabs plays worse case

Created by: ChiHawk
Team: 2020-21 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: May 25, 2020
Published: May 25, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
If there isn't a CBO, then Seabs is in and would find it very hard to believe he'll be only a 7th guy. Seabs has too much respect from the organization to sit in the pressbox. I can see him playing 2/3rds of the games but unless he is absolutely awful, Hawks aren't going to put him in the pressbox most nights. Don't agree, but is what it is.

If Shaw doesn't quit because of concussions, then we are even more cap strapped.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,750,000
1$1,000,000
1$3,750,000
2$4,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$4,000,000
Trades
CHI
  1. 2021 3rd round pick (FLA)
CHI
  1. 2020 4th round pick (CGY)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$73,037,039$1,090,244$4,282,500$8,462,961
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 2
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 2
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 25, 2020 at 1:51 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Bury him... he refuses to show up... terminate his deal
May 25, 2020 at 1:58 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

He has a NMC, “No Movement Clause”, meaning we can neither trade him, nor more him to the minors without his permission.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 25, 2020 at 1:59 p.m.

Full no move. No move mean he can't be waived.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 25, 2020 at 1:59 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
He has a NMC, “No Movement Clause”, meaning we can neither trade him, nor more him to the minors without his permission.

Gosh

Pray he's on LTIR or a CBO occurs
May 25, 2020 at 2:06 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Gosh

I don’t see that as a possibility this season, the CBO route is a long shot (actually probably impossible)… and I don’t see him going on the LTIR when he voluntarily took the season off to get “better”.

I know a lot of hawks fans don’t want to embrace the possibility that he is going to play next season (especially if it starts in January), but it seems like the most likely outcome. That also means a crowded right side with Boqvist, Mitchell, Murphy and Seabrook.
ChiHawk and SociallyHawkward liked this.
May 25, 2020 at 2:16 p.m.
Gosh

Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Full no move. No move mean he can't be waived.

Just a heads up, kakko is right, in a way. Yes, seabs does have a full NMC. Meaning no trades and no moving him down to the minors. However, the important thing that kakko said was “if he refuses to show up,” so keep that in mind for a second.

If seabs decides he can still hack it, the hawks can’t trade him or send him to the minors. However, if, and ONLY IF, the hawks decide to press box him AND he refuses to show up or even practice, a door actually opens. Per the terms of his contract, he would actually be breaching said contract by refusing to practice of even show to a game to sit in the press box. Therefore, the hawks would have grounds to terminate his contract. Essentially, it’s the same principle as the Patrik Berglund contract termination.

Kakko is spot on with his statement. That being said, I do ChiHawk is completely right. This organization has been running on loyalty for the past five years and it has more or less been directly correlated to their downfall. If he’s good to go seabrook will play.
May 25, 2020 at 2:21 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: HatterTParty
Just a heads up, kakko is right, in a way. Yes, seabs does have a full NMC. Meaning no trades and no moving him down to the minors. However, the important thing that kakko said was “if he refuses to show up,” so keep that in mind for a second.

If seabs decides he can still hack it, the hawks can’t trade him or send him to the minors. However, if, and ONLY IF, the hawks decide to press box him AND he refuses to show up or even practice, a door actually opens. Per the terms of his contract, he would actually be breaching said contract by refusing to practice of even show to a game to sit in the press box. Therefore, the hawks would have grounds to terminate his contract. Essentially, it’s the same principle as the Patrik Berglund contract termination.

Kakko is spot on with his statement. That being said, I do ChiHawk is completely right. This organization has been running on loyalty for the past five years and it has more or less been directly correlated to their downfall. If he’s good to go seabrook will play.

Yeah man, no way they would ever play (that type of) hard ball with him. I do think he saw the writing on the wall last season when he was healthy scratched, I wonder/hope if his comeback season does not go as planned he would consider LTIRetiring. I am just worried they won’t give Mitchell a fair look with him being available.
May 25, 2020 at 2:33 p.m.
Yeah man, no way they would ever play (that type of) hard ball with him. I do think he saw the writing on the wall last season when he was healthy scratched, I wonder/hope if his comeback season does not go as planned he would consider LTIRetiring. I am just worried they won’t give Mitchell a fair look with him being available.

They will have to move Maatta and move Murphy to his off side; Murph has played it before. Seabs may be in the pressbox more then even but that means about 30 games max. He's going to play...the guy is like Keith in that he is one of the hardest competitors and team leaders, Hawks won't pick a fight with him.
May 25, 2020 at 2:45 p.m.
There is only one true way out of this without a CBO/regular BO. Let him play. NO player whose achieved so much likes being the reason his team loses and being an anchor for his teams future success. He's already made tons of money. Play him and let him realize it himself! Let him realize he isn't good enough to play anymore and that his contract means no team in their right minds wants him either. Eventually he'll take himself off the team. Maybe a mutual contract termination like Byfuglien. Who knows. Maybe he hangs on for one more year to collect an extra signing bonus and then calls the quits.
May 25, 2020 at 2:48 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
There is only one true way out of this without a CBO/regular BO. Let him play. NO player whose achieved so much likes being the reason his team loses and being an anchor for his teams future success. He's already made tons of money. Play him and let him realize it himself! Let him realize he isn't good enough to play anymore and that his contract means no team in their right minds wants him either. Eventually he'll take himself off the team. Maybe a mutual contract termination like Byfuglien. Who knows. Maybe he hangs on for one more year to collect an extra signing bonus and then calls the quits.

Yeah, I agree Seabs has a ton of pride, but it will need to hit him square in the head before he knows he's hurting the team. The problem is, Seabs is not a bad 3rd line player to be honest, his problem is his cost and he would be potentially blocking better options in BoQ, Mitchell and Murphy.
May 25, 2020 at 3:01 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Yeah, I agree Seabs has a ton of pride, but it will need to hit him square in the head before he knows he's hurting the team. The problem is, Seabs is not a bad 3rd line player to be honest, his problem is his cost and he would be potentially blocking better options in BoQ, Mitchell and Murphy.

If he is still good enough to be a 3rd dman and guys like Mitchell, Boq, Murphy cannot supplant him, than frankly he deserves to be on the team.... I get his contract is a detractor but the others guys have to earn it also. Frankly, I think those guys will be able to easily bump him down. Boq gets an automatic pass. Murphy is already just as good as Seabrook but at a fraction of the cost and if Mitchell earn his spot in camp, it will be too obvious to leave him off.

Seabrook has to prove he's capable of outplaying those guys which I am not certain of to begin with. Not to mention that he'll want his regular 20+ mins. If he's only getting 15, it might as well be as if he's being shown he's not good enough.
May 25, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
If he is still good enough to be a 3rd dman and guys like Mitchell, Boq, Murphy cannot supplant him, than frankly he deserves to be on the team.... I get his contract is a detractor but the others guys have to earn it also. Frankly, I think those guys will be able to easily bump him down. Boq gets an automatic pass. Murphy is already just as good as Seabrook but at a fraction of the cost and if Mitchell earn his spot in camp, it will be too obvious to leave him off.

Seabrook has to prove he's capable of outplaying those guys which I am not certain of to begin with. Not to mention that he'll want his regular 20+ mins. If he's only getting 15, it might as well be as if he's being shown he's not good enough.

He's good enough to be a 3rd liner in the NHL...sorry should have written that. However, our right side is more talented then a bunch of teams with Murphy, Mitchell and BoQ. That said, Mitchell needs to 100% earn it, but what he's shown in college, I'm more high on him then even BoQ whom I think we'll be a very solid player.

Murphy is hands down better then Seabs, there is no contest, and hands down better then BoQ and Mitchell. Murphy is one of the most underrated defensive player in the NHL at one of the most affordable cap hits. The reason I have him with Seabs above, is to makeup for Seabs lack of speed. Murphy should play ahead of De Haan, but Murphy is a faster skater to pair with Seabs. Mitchell is fast to balance De Haan. In a ideal world, Murphy should be playing with Keith on the top line...easily our best pairing last year but need to spread out talent and pair based on strengths and weaknesses. Another reason to trade maatta is he is solid but incredible slow...him playing with Seabs this past season was brutal to watch and thankfully didn't last long.
May 25, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
He's good enough to be a 3rd liner in the NHL...sorry should have written that. However, our right side is more talented then a bunch of teams with Murphy, Mitchell and BoQ. That said, Mitchell needs to 100% earn it, but what he's shown in college, I'm more high on him then even BoQ whom I think we'll be a very solid player.

Murphy is hands down better then Seabs, there is no contest, and hands down better then BoQ and Mitchell. Murphy is one of the most underrated defensive player in the NHL at one of the most affordable cap hits. The reason I have him with Seabs above, is to makeup for Seabs lack of speed. Murphy should play ahead of De Haan, but Murphy is a faster skater to pair with Seabs. Mitchell is fast to balance De Haan. In a ideal world, Murphy should be playing with Keith on the top line...easily our best pairing last year but need to spread out talent and pair based on strengths and weaknesses. Another reason to trade maatta is he is solid but incredible slow...him playing with Seabs this past season was brutal to watch and thankfully didn't last long.

Yeah I agree. Its a tough situation whichever way you look at it but yeah definitely getting him to realize how bad he is, is the only real way out of his contract without a CBO. Just checked his buy out cap...ouch barely worth it at all.
ChiHawk liked this.
May 25, 2020 at 11:12 p.m.
DarthKane

Give your head a shake. Given everything Seabrook has done for the team you DO NOT treat him like that.
ChiHawk liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll