RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,045,725
3$2,700,000
2$800,000
2$800,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Cirelli, Anthony$8,454,870
2021 1st round pick
2021 2nd round pick
2021 3rd round pick
Trades
MIN
  1. 2021 2nd round pick (WPG)
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (WPG)
MIN
  1. Goligoski, Alex
  2. Raanta, Antti
  3. Schmaltz, Nick
Additional Details:
Wild get a stop gap in net with Raanta while Kahkonen develops and a needed right shot top 6 center.
ARI
  1. Dumba, Matt
  2. Greenway, Jordan [RFA Rights]
  3. Stalock, Alex
Additional Details:
Arizona also would save nearly $7M in cap once Greenway signed, the expectation is that this would be enough to keep Hall in Arizona.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$78,976,816$0$0$2,523,184
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,045,725$7,045,725
C, LW
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,487,500$1,487,500
C
UFA - 1
$2,700,000$2,700,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$5,850,000$5,850,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
$800,000$800,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$4,166,667$4,166,667
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
D
UFA
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,475,000$5,475,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 27, 2020 at 2:18 p.m.
I would actually be thrilled if this happened. Doubt it will but I like the idea. I believe Goligoski would waive to come back to Minnesota, Raanta would help solidify the Goaltending position, an Schmaltz could be an answer at center....But do the Coyotes accept? That I have a hard time believing
TanSor and FloppyBiscuit liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 2:23 p.m.
Quoting: mnwild1790
I would actually be thrilled if this happened. Doubt it will but I like the idea. I believe Goligoski would waive to come back to Minnesota, Raanta would help solidify the Goaltending position, an Schmaltz could be an answer at center....But do the Coyotes accept? That I have a hard time believing

They'd have Dvorak and Hayton still, plus Stepan can still play, so their center depth isn't taking that big of a hit. Kuemper is their starter so they don't really need Raanta either. Maybe they don't bite, but they do need a RD and Dumba would be incredible for their top 4. This also gives them $7M or so in cap space after Greenway signs to re-sign Hall
May 27, 2020 at 2:24 p.m.
What in tarnation
Interesting, but I think value-wise this is a no from ARI.

Certainly new on this site and I like the concept though.
TanSor liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 2:26 p.m.
Quoting: mnwild1790

Quoting: TanSor
They'd have Dvorak and Hayton still, plus Stepan can still play, so their center depth isn't taking that big of a hit. Kuemper is their starter so they don't really need Raanta either. Maybe they don't bite, but they do need a RD and Dumba would be incredible for their top 4. This also gives them $7M or so in cap space after Greenway signs to re-sign Hall

Arizona accept
Can’t see them declining that
TanSor, mnwild1790 and OldNYIfan liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 2:26 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss

I figured one big selling point is the $7M in cap savings. I forgot to add that to the description, but that might be enough to keep Hall in Arizona. So look at it as this plus keeping Hall.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.

Oh don't get me wrong, it makes sense on both sides but @justaBoss hit the nail on the head. I think they would feel that they hold a little more value than we are giving up in return.

But could you imagine those PP units by ARI? OEL on one and Dumba on the other? Would be fun to watch.
justaBoss, TanSor and OldNYIfan liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
What in tarnation
I figured one big selling point is the $7M in cap savings. I forgot to add that to the description, but that might be enough to keep Hall in Arizona. So look at it as this plus keeping Hall.

Indeed, but despite the cap savings, the players ARI lose all are pretty good, and pretty much worth their contracts. Raanta is a 1G, Schmaltz's long-term contract is valuable and Goligoski's performance have exceeded that of Dumba's this year.

Think MIN would have to add a 2nd rounder and a prospect to get this deal.
TanSor liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 2:31 p.m.
Quoting: GMs
Arizona accept
Can’t see them declining that

@TanSor Nevermind my other post. If a 3rd party accepts. That's good enough for me.
TanSor and OldNYIfan liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 2:40 p.m.
Indeed, but despite the cap savings, the players ARI lose all are pretty good, and pretty much worth their contracts. Raanta is a 1G, Schmaltz's long-term contract is valuable and Goligoski's performance have exceeded that of Dumba's this year.

Think MIN would have to add a 2nd rounder and a prospect to get this deal.

They don't need Raanta with Kuemper though, he'll be wasting away on the bench. Stalock is a good backup on a dirt cheap deal. I figured it's kind of a wash in value (Raants is better but more expensive, Stalock is good but probably not starter quality but makes $3.5M less).

Goligoski will likely retire soon, so they get assets out of him while they can. Dumba provides more upside long-term on the blue line and a future top 4 of OEL, Dumba, Chychrun, and Soderstrom would rival most in the league.

Schmaltz certainly has value, but Hayton is a stud prospect and Dvorak is capable of playing as their 2C. I think one of their centers should be moved eventually and Dvorak is cheaper and should produce similar numbers to Schmaltz (he came off an injury and was on pace for 44 points this season).

Greenway does have some nice upside if he can hone his aggression. His 28 points in 68 games in his second full season is nothing to scoff at, especially since he only averaged 14 minutes per night.

I guess I can see them wanting more, but Arizona is getting a pretty nice package here.
justaBoss and OldNYIfan liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 2:46 p.m.
What in tarnation
They don't need Raanta with Kuemper though, he'll be wasting away on the bench. Stalock is a good backup on a dirt cheap deal. I figured it's kind of a wash in value (Raants is better but more expensive, Stalock is good but probably not starter quality but makes $3.5M less).

Goligoski will likely retire soon, so they get assets out of him while they can. Dumba provides more upside long-term on the blue line and a future top 4 of OEL, Dumba, Chychrun, and Soderstrom would rival most in the league.

Schmaltz certainly has value, but Hayton is a stud prospect and Dvorak is capable of playing as their 2C. I think one of their centers should be moved eventually and Dvorak is cheaper and should produce similar numbers to Schmaltz (he came off an injury and was on pace for 44 points this season).

Greenway does have some nice upside if he can hone his aggression. His 28 points in 68 games in his second full season is nothing to scoff at, especially since he only averaged 14 minutes per night.

I guess I can see them wanting more, but Arizona is getting a pretty nice package here.

Yeah the package is nice, but imo MIN gets more bang for their buck than ARI does.

Despite Raanta's cost, his value is imo higher than Stalock's. Raanta could be a 1G in virtually any team. Stalock won't be that.

If ARI was looking to get future value for Goligoski, they'd move him prospects. But they're looking to be successful now, so I can't see them moving him in any other trade but one that makes them better.

And while their center depth is good, they have the option of using Dvorak as winger. He works as LW just as well.

Edit: WTF happened with that quote lmao
TanSor liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 2:46 p.m.
I like it the idea, I think the value is there, but I agree with some of the others that it's somewhat questionable if Arizona accepts. Just hope Hayton flashes this postseason so they're comfortable running him at 2C next year and/or Hall proves he's worth keeping around to help convince them.
mnwild1790, TanSor and OldNYIfan liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
MNBassman
I would only consider this if it was a 3 team deal and Goligoski ends up elsewhere. I’ve been a big fan of him since his senior year in high school, but I’m not interested in him at this point of his career.
TanSor liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 3:17 p.m.
MNBassman
Side note: Taylor Hall is probably the last big name player i would work this hard to resign...
TanSor liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 3:23 p.m.
Quoting: MNBassman
Side note: Taylor Hall is probably the last big name player i would work this hard to resign...

Hey not our team so I don't really care, but Arizona obviously likes him considering what they traded to get him.

I would only consider this if it was a 3 team deal and Goligoski ends up elsewhere. I’ve been a big fan of him since his senior year in high school, but I’m not interested in him at this point of his career.

I think he's fine as a stop-gap. Addison is our long-term Dumba replacement.
MNBassman and OldNYIfan liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Schmaltz... I'd rather do Zucc for Turris swap.
May 27, 2020 at 4:58 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
Sorry can't get behind this one unless yotes eat some salary. I think both Schmaltz, and Goligoski are over paid and really don't interest me much.
May 27, 2020 at 5:02 p.m.
MNBassman
Hey not our team so I don't really care, but Arizona obviously likes him considering what they traded to get him.
I think he's fine as a stop-gap. Addison is our long-term Dumba replacement.

Im not ok with trading Dumba and Greenway for 2 stop-gap players and #2ish center/RW. It would have to be Donato or Hartman in the deal, not Greenway.
TanSor liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 6:14 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Paul13
Sorry can't get behind this one unless yotes eat some salary. I think both Schmaltz, and Goligoski are over paid and really don't interest me much.

I don't think that $5.85 million for a #2C is overpaid, especially one with the upside of Schmaltz and the 6-year term left on his contract. If all it took to bring this deal home was the Wild's 2020 second-round pick, I would do it in a heartbeat. And Goligoski is a nice stop-gap replacement for Dumba.
TanSor liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 6:18 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Im not ok with trading Dumba and Greenway for 2 stop-gap players and #2ish center/RW. It would have to be Donato or Hartman in the deal, not Greenway.

I'm sure that's where the negotiations would begin, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.
TanSor and MNBassman liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 7:21 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I don't think that $5.85 million for a #2C is overpaid, especially one with the upside of Schmaltz and the 6-year term left on his contract. If all it took to bring this deal home was the Wild's 2020 second-round pick, I would do it in a heartbeat. And Goligoski is a nice stop-gap replacement for Dumba.

I agree it's a fair price for a 2C. In this scenario he is a 3C and I think it's right I view both JEEk and Cirelli as better options at center. I have never gained a appreciation for Schmaltz's game. I haven't seen a lot of his games but what I've seen he doesn't stand out offensively and has some trouble with his defensive game, but once again limited sample size so I may be wrong.
OldNYIfan and MNBassman liked this.
May 27, 2020 at 7:25 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Paul13
I agree it's a fair price for a 2C. In this scenario he is a 3C and I think it's right I view both JEEk and Cirelli as better options at center. I have never gained a appreciation for Schmaltz's game. I haven't seen a lot of his games but what I've seen he doesn't stand out offensively and has some trouble with his defensive game, but once again limited sample size so I may be wrong.

I've seen only 4 more of Schmaltz's games than you have (at most), so your opinion is just as valid as mine. My opinion isn't based upon much more than the contract Chayka gave him.
OutCold13 and MNBassman liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll