SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 Bens mock draft

2020 Bens mock draft

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Benny619
Published: May 28, 2020 at 10:44 a.m.
May 28, 2020 at 10:47 a.m.
I've warmed up to the idea of the Wild taking Sanderson, but I don't see why we take two defenseman with both of our picks. Have to think we grab a center at 25 if Sanderson is our pick at 11.
Duggysdanglers liked this.
May 28, 2020 at 10:58 a.m.
Jack Quinn and Rodion Amirov are 1st round locks if not top 20 locks.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
May 28, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
ARAB05
Edmonton doesnt take another Dman with their first round pick. If Seth Jarvis is still there when they draft thats who they will take.
May 28, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
Your top 5 is pure lunacy. No way anyone passes on Lafreniere. No way Ottawa passes up Byfield even if they get Lafreniere.
May 28, 2020 at 1:01 p.m.
Banned
If Detroit still lands the #1 pick, They're not taking Tim Stutzle over Alexis Lafreniere that's just plain laughable. And even Yzerman isn't that stupid Detroit needs a franchise altering player and that's Alexis Lafreniere.
May 28, 2020 at 1:53 p.m.
Kafle
I swear if Holland drafts another Left shot dman, Im going to lose it. Man how many dman are we going to draft.
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
May 28, 2020 at 1:54 p.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: kafle22
I swear if Holland drafts another Left shot dman, Im going to lose it. Man how many dman are we going to draft.

all of them
May 28, 2020 at 2:33 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
I've warmed up to the idea of the Wild taking Sanderson, but I don't see why we take two defenseman with both of our picks. Have to think we grab a center at 25 if Sanderson is our pick at 11.

I don’t see anything overly wrong with O’ROURKE at #25. He has a lot of upside. It opens up the possibility of moving Brodin if he does not extend although I think he will. Still guys to mentor behind and eventually replace Suter. 5 years left on his deal. That’s just enough time to develop both players for say two years in Junior or NCAA and have them ready to finish off their ELCs when Suter will retire. However Helge Grans would also be a sturdy pick at #25. Tyson Foerster is a gem after the top 15 or 20 IMO.
May 28, 2020 at 2:47 p.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
I don’t see anything overly wrong with O’ROURKE at #25. He has a lot of upside. It opens up the possibility of moving Brodin if he does not extend although I think he will. Still guys to mentor behind and eventually replace Suter. 5 years left on his deal. That’s just enough time to develop both players for say two years in Junior or NCAA and have them ready to finish off their ELCs when Suter will retire. However Helge Grans would also be a sturdy pick at #25. Tyson Foerster is a gem after the top 15 or 20 IMO.

My issue isn't with O'Rourke, it's the fact we desperately need centers and in a draft loaded with centers we opt for two defenseman (which we don't have nearly as big of a need for)
May 28, 2020 at 3:27 p.m.
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
If Detroit still lands the #1 pick, They're not taking Tim Stutzle over Alexis Lafreniere that's just plain laughable. And even Yzerman isn't that stupid Detroit needs a franchise altering player and that's Alexis Lafreniere.

If Detroit picks 2nd, I think they will take Stut over Byf
Godin93 liked this.
May 28, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: yanp007
If Detroit picks 2nd, I think they will take Stut over Byf

Yeah at #2 i definitely see Yzerman taking Stutz over Byf.
May 28, 2020 at 4:43 p.m.
My issue isn't with O'Rourke, it's the fact we desperately need centers and in a draft loaded with centers we opt for two defenseman (which we don't have nearly as big of a need for)

I honestly think that the Wild need absolutely everything. They do have Matthew Boldy listed as a C. Not sure what position he currently plays in the NCAA. I’d stick with the BPA in the draft.
May 28, 2020 at 4:50 p.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
I honestly think that the Wild need absolutely everything. They do have Matthew Boldy listed as a C. Not sure what position he currently plays in the NCAA. I’d stick with the BPA in the draft.

Boldy is not a center, struggled at center most the year then scored 17 points in 10 games after being moved to the wing. Our only center prospect is Khovanov, and even he might be a wing in the NHL. I disagree that we need everything, we are loaded with talented wing prospects (Kaprizov, Boldy, Beckman, Khovanov) not to mention Fiala was one of the highest scoring players in the league after the new year. We need centers desperately. Would a LD hurt? Absolutely not, but given the fact we haven't ever had a true 1C in 20 years since our franchise was formed, we have to take one unless something unbelievable happens and a guy like Raymond is sitting there at 11.

Problem is this isn't even BPA, Jarvis is way better (I have him top 15) and he goes 2 picks later, I have Bourque top 20 and he goes 4 picks later, and I have Khusnutdinov top 25 and he isn't even taken. I'm fine with Sanderson at 11, but we have to take the best forward at 25 if we go that route. Jarvis is the easy pick there IMO.
Duggysdanglers liked this.
May 28, 2020 at 6:04 p.m.
Boldy is not a center, struggled at center most the year then scored 17 points in 10 games after being moved to the wing. Our only center prospect is Khovanov, and even he might be a wing in the NHL. I disagree that we need everything, we are loaded with talented wing prospects (Kaprizov, Boldy, Beckman, Khovanov) not to mention Fiala was one of the highest scoring players in the league after the new year. We need centers desperately. Would a LD hurt? Absolutely not, but given the fact we haven't ever had a true 1C in 20 years since our franchise was formed, we have to take one unless something unbelievable happens and a guy like Raymond is sitting there at 11.

Problem is this isn't even BPA, Jarvis is way better (I have him top 15) and he goes 2 picks later, I have Bourque top 20 and he goes 4 picks later, and I have Khusnutdinov top 25 and he isn't even taken. I'm fine with Sanderson at 11, but we have to take the best forward at 25 if we go that route. Jarvis is the easy pick there IMO.

If the Wild are lucky then Anton Lundell will be available when they draft. I have a feeling the Wild will win their play in round vs Vancouver and then will end up with a much lower draft pick.
Jarvis is good. A bit undersized. I like Tyson Foerster after pick #20. Zion Nybeck is a solid prospect as well. Pytlik is pretty good.
May 29, 2020 at 12:12 a.m.
The disrespect on Jarvis

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll