COL
  1. 2021 2nd round pick (NYR)
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (DAL)
TO ANY TEAM
NYR
  1. Zadorov, Nikita [RFA Rights]
COL
    Some notes
    - Play hardball with Burakovsky. He had a great year but make him prove it wasn't a fluke.
    - Killorn brings 25 goals to the Avs and the ability to play both sides of special teams.
    - The Avs will lose a good player to Seattle. I think they will go the 4-4 protection route. I expect that they will try to get Johnson to waive his NMC. If he doesn't, they are probably losing Graves or Killorn.
    NYR
      Retained Salary Transactions
      • Ian Cole: $800,000 (19%)
      DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
      COL
      DAL
      COL
      COL
      FLA
      COL
      COL
      NYR
      COL
      COL
      COL
      COL
      COL
      COL
      COL
      COL
      COL
      COL
      COL
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
      22$81,500,000$78,204,762$0$5,000,000$3,295,238
      Left WingCenterRight Wing
      COL
      Landeskog, Gabriel
      $5,571,429
      LW, C
      NTC
      UFA - 1
      COL
      MacKinnon, Nathan
      $6,300,000
      C, RW
      NTC
      UFA - 3
      COL
      Rantanen, Mikko
      $9,250,000
      RW
      UFA - 5
      TBL
      Killorn, Alex
      $4,450,000
      LW
      NTC
      UFA - 3
      COL
      Kadri, Nazem
      $4,500,000
      C
      NTC
      UFA - 2
      COL
      Donskoi, Joonas
      $3,900,000
      RW
      UFA - 3
      COL
      Burakovsky, André
      $4,500,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      COL
      Jost, Tyson
      $1,500,000
      C, LW, RW
      RFA - 1
      COL
      Compher, J.T.
      $3,500,000
      RW, C
      UFA - 3
      COL
      Nichushkin, Valeri
      $1,700,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      COL
      Bellemare, Pierre-Édouard
      $1,800,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      COL
      Calvert, Matt
      $2,850,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      COL
      Graves, Ryan
      $4,300,000
      LD
      UFA - 3
      COL
      Johnson, Erik
      $6,000,000
      RD
      NMC NTC
      UFA - 3
      COL
      Grubauer, Philipp
      $3,333,333
      G
      UFA - 1
      COL
      Girard, Samuel
      $5,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 7
      COL
      Makar, Cale
      $880,833
      RD
      RFA - 1
      COL
      Francouz, Pavel
      $2,000,000
      G
      UFA - 2
      COL
      Byram, Bowen
      $894,167
      LD
      RFA - 3
      COL
      Timmins, Conor
      $925,000
      RD
      RFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      COL
      Cole, Ian
      $3,450,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      COL
      Tynan, T.J.
      $800,000
      C
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      May 31, 2020 at 2:40
      AvsCOL
      I personally would rather avoid Killorn. This past season was somewhat of an anomaly for him, as he's never performed to this level. This was his first time hitting 20 goals, and he was shooting at an unsustainable 20%. He's also under contract for 3 more seasons after this one, and has a NTC which would give them issues if they ever wanted to move him.
      RedWing9119 liked this.
      May 31, 2020 at 7:17
      Quoting: AvsCOL
      I personally would rather avoid Killorn. This past season was somewhat of an anomaly for him, as he's never performed to this level. This was his first time hitting 20 goals, and he was shooting at an unsustainable 20%. He's also under contract for 3 more seasons after this one, and has a NTC which would give them issues if they ever wanted to move him.

But he is still great two-way forward and even better in playoffs. Also good leader and teammate. I honestly hope we keep him and trade Johnson/Gourde somehow.
      Richard88 liked this.
      May 31, 2020 at 7:56

Whilst he's coming of a career year, the price to acquire him here (2nd + 3rd) is fair. I wouldn't want to pay a 1st though, for the reasons you mentioned.
      May 31, 2020 at 7:57
      Edited May 31, 2020 at 8:07
      Jost, Tyson 2 $1,500,000 ------ probably a little low.

Burakovsky, André 1 $4,500,000 ---- A 1 year contract walks Burakovsky straight to UFA so I think he'd be happy to sign that contract. If you want to play hard-ball with him then get him to sign for under $5m with 3-4 year term.

Graves, Ryan 4 $4,300,000 ----- Graves won't get that high. Maybe $3.5m with that term. More likely he gets a 2-3 year deal for just under $3m.

Nichushkin, Valeri 2 $1,700,000 - slight underpayment.

You forgot about O'Connor (who likely gets qualified and plays as 13th forward) and Kamenev (who probably gets traded).
      May 31, 2020 at 8:02
      Quote:
      The Avs will lose a good player to Seattle. I think they will go the 4-4 protection route. I expect that they will try to get Johnson to waive his NMC. If he doesn't, they are probably losing Graves or Killorn.

Colorado most certainly won't be going 4-4 as that would mean that they lose Burakovsky. Sakic will simply ask Johnson to waive (or buy him out) as he won't get selected by Seattle anyways.

- Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Kadri, Burakovsky, Killorn + 1 of Donskoi/Compher/Jost/Nichuskin.
      - Makar, Girard, Graves (Johnson waives NMC)
      - Grubabuer (I suspect Sakic might try to use the UFA loophole and resign Grubauer on July 1st after "exposing" him in the ED as an UFA).
      May 31, 2020 at 9:53
      GO BOLTS
      I personally would rather avoid Killorn. This past season was somewhat of an anomaly for him, as he's never performed to this level. This was his first time hitting 20 goals, and he was shooting at an unsustainable 20%. He's also under contract for 3 more seasons after this one, and has a NTC which would give them issues if they ever wanted to
      move him.

I don’t understand the lack of respect for Alex. He is a power forward. Plays in all circumstances, always puts up 40 plus points a year, steps up game come playoffs and over the last five years has missed less then ten games.
      The only knock is until this year he was very streaky.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Remove Option
      Submit Poll