SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Questions for you Bruins fans

Jun. 4, 2020 at 3:11 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
1-what is your opinion of Patrice Begeron? Is he as important as Chara(in terms of leadership, what he means to the city...)? More?
2-would it be smarter to let Krug go because if you keep him you'll likely lose Grzlecyk for nothing to Seattle...
3-was giving that kind of money and NMC to Coyle a bad idea?
Jun. 4, 2020 at 3:17 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Habs fan here

Bergeron is more important than Chara because Bergeron is your top line centre, and you don't really have a replacement for him (Krejci can't do it), and Chara is pretty easily replaceable, because all he is is McAvoy's partner. Krug, Grz can probably take over that spot.

Letting go of Krug would probably depend on what you do with Chara, Grzelcyk and Bergeron. If you're going to keep Bergeron until he retires, then you ought to keep Krug as well. If you're going to resign Chara, then resign Krug as well. If you're going to keep Grzelcyk, then you should TRADE Krug before he hits FA. Krug's contract may prove to be too expensive to keep Grzelcyk, and there is a 3 year age difference between them. You shouldn't just let Krug walk, you should trade him to a team that has a better chance of resigning him, if you can.

TERRIBLE idea to give Coyle an NMC
Jun. 4, 2020 at 3:19 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: MaxDomi13
Habs fan here

Bergeron is more important than Chara because Bergeron is your top line centre, and you don't really have a replacement for him (Krejci can't do it), and Chara is pretty easily replaceable, because all he is is McAvoy's partner. Krug, Grz can probably take over that spot.

Letting go of Krug would probably depend on what you do with Chara, Grzelcyk and Bergeron. If you're going to keep Bergeron until he retires, then you ought to keep Krug as well. If you're going to resign Chara, then resign Krug as well. If you're going to keep Grzelcyk, then you should TRADE Krug before he hits FA. Krug's contract may prove to be too expensive to keep Grzelcyk, and there is a 3 year age difference between them. You shouldn't just let Krug walk, you should trade him to a team that has a better chance of resigning him, if you can.

TERRIBLE idea to give Coyle an NMC

As for Chara's importance, I meant leadership, what he means to the team and even to the city...
Jun. 4, 2020 at 3:20 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
As for Chara's importance, I meant leadership, what he means to the team and even to the city...

Oh then keep him period.
Jun. 4, 2020 at 3:25 p.m.
MMBzFan
1. At this stage of their careers. Bergeron for me. Chara still great for a cup run.
2. Grzelcyk, Vaakanainen, Lauzon and Zboril. Let Krug walk and i’m a fan.
3. No issues w/ modified NMC. Better than PC giving them out full like candy.
Jun. 4, 2020 at 3:29 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Edited Jun. 4, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
Bergy was drafted/developed by BOS and was NHL-impactful from day-1 2003.

Sign Krug and a) do a deal w/ SEA to avoid Griz, or b) conduct TDL moves to get a return and leave the Starbucks 'beans'.

Be nice if Coyle was 'sans' NMC but Sweeney's grade overall is in the "A" range so it's not worth getting your knickerbockers in a knot.
CatmanV liked this.
Jun. 4, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
1-what is your opinion of Patrice Begeron? Is he as important as Chara(in terms of leadership, what he means to the city...)? More?

Bergeron is on par for leadership with Chara and the only difference between them is one wears a "C" and one an "A" on their jersey. Bergeron is very vocal in the locker room and on the bench. They almost work like co-captains to be honest. As for the city, I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but I can tell you that if you ask any true Bruins fan, they'll say that #37 and #33 should be in the rafters when both guys retire. Another thing on Bergeron is he's basically set the standard for what the team wants its centers to be.

2-would it be smarter to let Krug go because if you keep him you'll likely lose Grzlecyk for nothing to Seattle...

As we saw with the last expansion, you can pay for players not to be taken. I also don't know that I'd say "likely lose Grz" as we have no idea what other players will be available from other teams, nor do we know what style of hockey SEA wants to play. You only let Krug walk if the money/term don't fit with the current and long-term plans of the team.

3-was giving that kind of money and NMC to Coyle a bad idea?

No, term maybe a bit longer than I would have liked, but the cap hit is fine.
Jun. 4, 2020 at 4:09 p.m.
CatmanVal
Not a bruins fan, but Bergy means as much if not more to the team and city compared to chara

Krug can be signed and the bruins will still be able to sign all RFAs and UFAS that they need to bring back

Coyle is a 2nd liner at 5.25, that’s a good deal. Especially how he played this year. Hopefully he stays solid

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll