$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 7, 2020 at 5:46 p.m.
Kafle
oilers laugh
Nhl_oilers liked this.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 5:59 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: kafle22
oilers laugh

Oiler fans are priceless
Jun. 7, 2020 at 5:59 p.m.
Before Columbus fans get here.

We WiLl OnLy MoVe SaVaRd FoR mAtThEwS, kErFoOt IsNt A gOoD cEnTeR
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:18 p.m.
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Oiler fans are priceless

What is that supposed to mean?? The trade is horrible for Edmonton.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Nhl_oilers

Of course it is because Johnsson isn't an NHLer despite being a good one, Dermott isn't going to pan out apart from him already looking like a top 4 at the age of 23 and the 3rd is just an insult for a guy who isn't much better than Johnsson in AA and Pulli who is a 1st round bust. According to Edmonton fans, Pulli is definitely a future allstar that will never play for them so he better bring back at least a 1st round pick and AA is definitely resigning for 3 million or less and will put up 30+ goals because of all his proven track record of 1 good season of 30 goals and the rest of his career being 30 point player.
Jameshgfgn and firezfurx liked this.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:28 p.m.
The commissioner

In no way is it horrible for them Oiler fans seem to think Puljujarvi has some value. He does not you have NO leverage he will NOT play for you. AA is around a 30 point a year player one year with 54 is an outlier Johnsson is a 20 to 40 point a year player and you get dermott that is arguably an over pay for AA and a 3rd and a roster player for Puljujarvi a guy who will not play for you and have no leverage with is fair.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:29 p.m.
The commissioner
Quoting: kafle22
oilers laugh

You are a delusional homer if you really think that lol
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
Of course it is because Johnsson isn't an NHLer despite being a good one, Dermott isn't going to pan out apart from him already looking like a top 4 at the age of 23 and the 3rd is just an insult for a guy who isn't much better than Johnsson in AA and Pulli who is a 1st round bust. According to Edmonton fans, Pulli is definitely a future allstar that will never play for them so he better bring back at least a 1st round pick and AA is definitely resigning for 3 million or less and will put up 30+ goals because of all his proven track record of 1 good season of 30 goals and the rest of his career being 30 point player.

Well I guess I’m one of the Oilers fans who doesn’t think Puljujarvi will get a first (a second maybe) I would say AA would sign 3-4M honestly. I will agree that Dermott is good, but we don’t need him with Klefbom and Nurse, Jones playing on the left. Johnsson in my opinion is probably only worth a 3rd especially with his injury. If you think Johnsson is good, then why trade him??
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
Quoting: Jameshgfgn
In no way is it horrible for them Oiler fans seem to think Puljujarvi has some value. He does not you have NO leverage he will NOT play for you. AA is around a 30 point a year player one year with 54 is an outlier Johnsson is a 20 to 40 point a year player and you get dermott that is arguably an over pay for AA and a 3rd and a roster player for Puljujarvi a guy who will not play for you and have no leverage with is fair.

I will break it down for you in my perspective. Dermott is good but we don’t need him, because we have Klefbom, Nurse, and Jones on the left side. Johnsson is ok, but he got injured so I would pay like a third. Puljujarvi isn’t an all star and will never be one for us, and he is worth at least a second in my opinion. If AA plays with McDavid he will get more then 30 points lol. I’m just not a fan of the trade
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:37 p.m.
Banned
Well I guess I’m one of the Oilers fans who doesn’t think Puljujarvi will get a first (a second maybe) I would say AA would sign 3-4M honestly. I will agree that Dermott is good, but we don’t need him with Klefbom and Nurse, Jones playing on the left. Johnsson in my opinion is probably only worth a 3rd especially with his injury. If you think Johnsson is good, then why trade him??

I don't really want to trade Johnsson but the Leafs are up against the cap and also have an abundance of good depth guys. Engval, Barbarov, Gauthier etc who can play on the bottom 2 lines so we can afford to move Johnsson without much of a drop in talent. This in no way makes Johnsson a cap dump which certain fans on here like to think, it means its a valuable piece that will moved to make room for cheaper options. Johnsson is a piece that Edmonton would greatly benefit from. #1 He's easily one of the best wingers in Edmonton, their depth is arguably the worst in the league. #2 He has term and a team friendly deal #3 he's fast and they could use some extra speed.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
The commissioner
I will break it down for you in my perspective. Dermott is good but we don’t need him, because we have Klefbom, Nurse, and Jones on the left side. Johnsson is ok, but he got injured so I would pay like a third. Puljujarvi isn’t an all star and will never be one for us, and he is worth at least a second in my opinion. If AA plays with McDavid he will get more then 30 points lol.

The AA thing is 100% speculative, Nurse will leave in 2 years since they signed him to that **** contract, again you have no leverage when it comes to any deal with Puljujarvi that’s not the way it works you don’t pay a second when the player will not play for the other team and the only other option for the team is he just sits and you eventually lose him for nothing that’s bad assets management. Johnsson put up 43 points playing part time with Matthews so using your logic he could be a 50 point guy with McDavid basically a wash between AA and Johnsson not to mention you would get a bunch of other useful assets.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
I don't really want to trade Johnsson but the Leafs are up against the cap and also have an abundance of good depth guys. Engval, Barbarov, Gauthier etc who can play on the bottom 2 lines so we can afford to move Johnsson without much of a drop in talent. This in no way makes Johnsson a cap dump which certain fans on here like to think, it means its a valuable piece that will moved to make room for cheaper options. Johnsson is a piece that Edmonton would greatly benefit from. #1 He's easily one of the best wingers in Edmonton, their depth is arguably the worst in the league. #2 He has term and a team friendly deal #3 he's fast and they could use some extra speed.

Ok thanks for your feedback. Johnssons not bad I’m just afraid about the injury, and how he would play if it’s good for the oilers to grab. He wouldn’t be the oilers beat winger (Yamamoto, Nugent-Hopkins) yes Nugent-Hopkins plays wing now, and I don’t know if he is better then AA.. if the oilers had a lot of cap (maybe can move Russell) then I would maybe consider it.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:46 p.m.
The AA thing is 100% speculative, Nurse will leave in 2 years since they signed him to that **** contract, again you have no leverage when it comes to any deal with Puljujarvi that’s not the way it works you don’t pay a second when the player will not play for the other team and the only other option for the team is he just sits and you eventually lose him for nothing that’s bad assets management. Johnsson put up 43 points playing part time with Matthews so using your logic he could be a 50 point guy with McDavid basically a wash between AA and Johnsson not to mention you would get a bunch of other useful assets.

Umm Puljujarvi could fetch a second.. and he is just pissed at the oilers I think if got to go to a different team he would change. Since was Nurse in this conversation?? Lol. But ya I would trade Nurse on his last year for a winger and hope that Broberg can make the jump.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:52 p.m.
Quoting: jmac490

Don’t be a troll child. Kerfoot is a fine 3rd line center. Columbus just don’t have use for a 3rd line center with Jenner and Wennberg as 3rd line centers already.

Plus @aadoyle and I will be agree that a Savard and Anderson for Kerfoot and Holl trade is more then fair for both teams.
Viqsi liked this.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 6:53 p.m.
Banned
Ok thanks for your feedback. Johnssons not bad I’m just afraid about the injury, and how he would play if it’s good for the oilers to grab. He wouldn’t be the oilers beat winger (Yamamoto, Nugent-Hopkins) yes Nugent-Hopkins plays wing now, and I don’t know if he is better then AA.. if the oilers had a lot of cap (maybe can move Russell) then I would maybe consider it.

If Nugent-Hopkins is a winger now, then I'd say you should move him. He's way too expensive for a 3C and I just don't think he's worth his contract unless he is a centre. The oilers have a lot of depth guys that make too much money. Chiarelli really ****ed up your payroll. Russel sucks, Lucic was such a bad idea, Larsson for Hall was just the worst. Chaisson is probably a little high for what he consistently brings to the table. 3 more years of Neal hurts, I am not a fan of the Kassian deal, I just don't see him being anything more than a bottom 6 player if there are literally anyone with speed and talent ahead of him. Its all those secondary guys making 1-1.5 million more than they should that makes Edmonton's situation so difficult. Yamamoto is going to need a new contract after next season and if he continues to benefit from playing with one Draisaitl or McDavid, it will inflate his stats and increase his coming contract. I really want Edmonton to be good, but there are huge challenges ahead. Right now they are a team some think are way better than they actually are. They are a special teams squad that is terrible at 5v5. Come playoffs time, that is not a recipe for success. When the refs put away their whistles and your team bleeds chances against, its going to turn for the worse. Edmonton needs a lot of changes to become a contender and I am not sure what the best path forward is. One thing is for sure, they need to jettison some of their secondary players for faster guys. I think RNH should be moved for a younger winger with less salary. Then get rid of guys like Russel, Larsson and Koskinen if you can. If you can somehow get Neal off the books that would be cool too but I am not sure many of those moves are even possible.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 7:03 p.m.
If Nugent-Hopkins is a winger now, then I'd say you should move him. He's way too expensive for a 3C and I just don't think he's worth his contract unless he is a centre. The oilers have a lot of depth guys that make too much money. Chiarelli really ****ed up your payroll. Russel sucks, Lucic was such a bad idea, Larsson for Hall was just the worst. Chaisson is probably a little high for what he consistently brings to the table. 3 more years of Neal hurts, I am not a fan of the Kassian deal, I just don't see him being anything more than a bottom 6 player if there are literally anyone with speed and talent ahead of him. Its all those secondary guys making 1-1.5 million more than they should that makes Edmonton's situation so difficult. Yamamoto is going to need a new contract after next season and if he continues to benefit from playing with one Draisaitl or McDavid, it will inflate his stats and increase his coming contract. I really want Edmonton to be good, but there are huge challenges ahead. Right now they are a team some think are way better than they actually are. They are a special teams squad that is terrible at 5v5. Come playoffs time, that is not a recipe for success. When the refs put away their whistles and your team bleeds chances against, its going to turn for the worse. Edmonton needs a lot of changes to become a contender and I am not sure what the best path forward is. One thing is for sure, they need to jettison some of their secondary players for faster guys. I think RNH should be moved for a younger winger with less salary. Then get rid of guys like Russel, Larsson and Koskinen if you can. If you can somehow get Neal off the books that would be cool too but I am not sure many of those moves are even possible.

Some of that I agree, but some i don’t.. we shouldn’t move Nuge unless he isn’t going to resign he is pretty good. The oilers on my opinion will be ok in the playoffs, not expecting a whole lot from them. Maybe second round, or conference finals. I’m just happy that i get to see the oilers in the playoffs even if it’s called the qualifying round. I agree to move Russell, Koskinen some how even though he isn’t bad but not worth that contract. Maybe Larsson for a winger, or center. Move Nurse for he is going to want too much for my likings and Broberg might be up by then to take his spot. I think The Maple Leafs and the Oilers will somehow be good trade partners ( even though most of you don’t like Larsson) Maybe buyout Neal 1.9M for 6 years or something like that, which isn’t a bad buyout in my opinion. I agree Chiarelli screwed us up, and now hopefully Holland can fill in his mistakes like he is slowly doing. Yup I’m scared for Yamamotos contract if he continues to get better with Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins..
Jun. 7, 2020 at 7:13 p.m.
Banned
Some of that I agree, but some i don’t.. we shouldn’t move Nuge unless he isn’t going to resign he is pretty good. The oilers on my opinion will be ok in the playoffs, not expecting a whole lot from them. Maybe second round, or conference finals. I’m just happy that i get to see the oilers in the playoffs even if it’s called the qualifying round. I agree to move Russell, Koskinen some how even though he isn’t bad but not worth that contract. Maybe Larsson for a winger, or center. Move Nurse for he is going to want too much for my likings and Broberg might be up by then to take his spot. I think The Maple Leafs and the Oilers will somehow be good trade partners ( even though most of you don’t like Larsson) Maybe buyout Neal 1.9M for 6 years or something like that, which isn’t a bad buyout in my opinion. I agree Chiarelli screwed us up, and now hopefully Holland can fill in his mistakes like he is slowly doing. Yup I’m scared for Yamamotos contract if he continues to get better with Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins..

I just think you could find a team that needs a centre really bad and would be willing to add salary in exchange for a winger who could do what he does on the wing but costs around 3.5. Johnsson is as good on the wing with Draisaitl as RNH is i'd wager. Considering its 2.4 million in savings that is a good swing. Although TO would have no interest in RNH since he makes too much. But a team that needs a centre may give you some assets for RNH and then send Pulli and a 3rd to TO for Johnsson and now you have 2.6 million less money tied up that you can use elsewhere. That could be used to find a legit 3rd line centre. I think 2 players to replace RNH wouldn't be all that hard if you are spending 6 million on those guys.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 7:13 p.m.
The commissioner
Umm Puljujarvi could fetch a second.. and he is just pissed at the oilers I think if got to go to a different team he would change. Since was Nurse in this conversation?? Lol. But ya I would trade Nurse on his last year for a winger and hope that Broberg can make the jump.

NO he can not again that’s NOT the way it works when you have no leverage. Here I will but it in other terms lets say you have a tire that fits on a Toyota BUT you have a Ford. The tire is not with much since you can’t use it but let’s say some one says hey I will buy that tire from you. You can’t say ok give me retail price for it. You have to sell it for less because you can’t use it. Puljujarvi is worth a 2nd at retail but since you can’t use him he’s worth less like a 3rd. Yes you could just not sell the assets but that’s bad management. I mention Nurse because you said you don’t need dermott because you have Nurse but you will not for very long so dermott can be his replacement for when he leave and in the meantime you can play one of them on the right.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 7:18 p.m.
I just think you could find a team that needs a centre really bad and would be willing to add salary in exchange for a winger who could do what he does on the wing but costs around 3.5. Johnsson is as good on the wing with Draisaitl as RNH is i'd wager. Considering its 2.4 million in savings that is a good swing. Although TO would have no interest in RNH since he makes too much. But a team that needs a centre may give you some assets for RNH and then send Pulli and a 3rd to TO for Johnsson and now you have 2.6 million less money tied up that you can use elsewhere. That could be used to find a legit 3rd line centre. I think 2 players to replace RNH wouldn't be all that hard if you are spending 6 million on those guys.

I don’t think that Johnsson would be as good on the wing with Draisaitl as Nugent-Hopkins that dude is just good. I still don’t think trading him is a good option, and it’s Holland he doesn’t want to make big trades. I don’t know if I would do Puljujarvi and a 3rd for Johnsson especially that we traded two of our 2nds already. I would do like a third for Johnsson 1 for 1 or maybe Puljujarvi and a 4th or a 5th nobody honestly knows the exact value of Puljujarvi..
Jun. 7, 2020 at 7:26 p.m.
NO he can not again that’s NOT the way it works when you have no leverage. Here I will but it in other terms lets say you have a tire that fits on a Toyota BUT you have a Ford. The tire is not with much since you can’t use it but let’s say some one says hey I will buy that tire from you. You can’t say ok give me retail price for it. You have to sell it for less because you can’t use it. Puljujarvi is worth a 2nd at retail but since you can’t use him he’s worth less like a 3rd. Yes you could just not sell the assets but that’s bad management. I mention Nurse because you said you don’t need dermott because you have Nurse but you will not for very long so dermott can be his replacement for when he leave and in the meantime you can play one of them on the right.

Can’t use Puljujarvi?? YES YOU CAN.. he can fetch a second and i won’t change my mind about that, you just don’t want to give a second for him because he isn’t playing in the NHL right now.. we don’t need Dermott because of Nurse and of Nurse gets traded on his last year Broberg will probably be ready. We would then have Klefbom, Bear, Bouchard, Jones, Broberg, And maybe Samarukov. We might keep Benning or Larsson.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 7:26 p.m.
Dubas isnt a genius

It's horrible for the leafs if anything. Keep Dermott, he's a key piece future of this defense for sure.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 7:39 p.m.
mostly harmless
Quoting: jmac490

Replace "Matthews" with "a #2C" and "good" with "second line", and you're correct. Otherwise, this is hyperbolic nonsense.
Jun. 7, 2020 at 7:46 p.m.
The commissioner
Can’t use Puljujarvi?? YES YOU CAN.. he can fetch a second and i won’t change my mind about that, you just don’t want to give a second for him because he isn’t playing in the NHL right now.. we don’t need Dermott because of Nurse and of Nurse gets traded on his last year Broberg will probably be ready. We would then have Klefbom, Bear, Bouchard, Jones, Broberg, And maybe Samarukov. We might keep Benning or Larsson.

Yes when a player will not play for you that means you can’t use them. You clearly are ignoring logic so I am done enjoying living in your Oilers dreamland
Jun. 7, 2020 at 7:57 p.m.
Yes when a player will not play for you that means you can’t use them. You clearly are ignoring logic so I am done enjoying living in your Oilers dreamland

I’m not ignoring logic I’m using common sense. I think Puljujarvi would play for a team that isn’t the oilers. It’s common sense that Puljujarvi is worth a 2nd end of story
Jun. 7, 2020 at 8:16 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Ajp_18
Don’t be a troll child. Kerfoot is a fine 3rd line center. Columbus just don’t have use for a 3rd line center with Jenner and Wennberg as 3rd line centers already.

Plus @aadoyle and I will be agree that a Savard and Anderson for Kerfoot and Holl trade is more then fair for both teams.

The good thing about kerfoot is if he cant center he can LW and he aint bad at it. In general he could bounce back next season and do very well for columbus. He may even move up to 2c if he improves enough
Ajp_18 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll