$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 11, 2020 at 2:26 p.m.
Same old, same old.

We don't even know what Barabonov is yet. Dropping him on the top line is probably not a good idea.

Too much for Clifford. He will get more than that as a UFA and the Leafs will lose the 2nd rounder by resigning him anyways.

Right side D still not close to good enough.

Still no cap space.

Score lots of goals, get scored on a lot. Probably a playoff team but no threat at all thereafter.

If the goal is to make the playoffs and fizzle out as per the norm... you've nailed it.
Jun. 11, 2020 at 2:29 p.m.
Quoting: Trevorchef
Same old, same old.

We don't even know what Barabonov is yet. Dropping him on the top line is probably not a good idea.

Too much for Clifford. He will get more than that as a UFA and the Leafs will lose the 2nd rounder by resigning him anyways.

Still no cap space.

Score lots of goals, get scored on a lot. Probably a playoff team but no threat at all thereafter.

My thinking is along the lines that the Leafs will not blow things up. Meaning, no major help on the right side. Dubas could try and run with the current defensive group, sans Barrie and Ceci, and see how they respond to Keefe. Give Sandin and Lilly more time to acclimate to the NHL and make moves in season if the need arises. Some moves involving roster players will have to be made in order to be cap compliant. Clifford is not a necessary addition at all. Easily replaced.
Jun. 11, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
Go Sharks Go
If San Jose can get rid of a big contract or 2 then we do this, but I'm not sure we have the space for a 3c as good as Kerfoot is

value is definitely fine, though
Jun. 11, 2020 at 4:25 p.m.
Same old, same old.

Still no cap space.

If the goal is to make the playoffs and fizzle out as per the norm... you've nailed it.

Wow...chill out dude....all he did was move Nylander to left...dropped Hyman to second line...Marner is back with Tavares like he was before and Kapanen is still on 3rd....all that happened is a Mikheyev dropped to 3rd and Barabanov went to first instead of 4th...not have big of a deal....this is probly some combination of what the players will look like next year without moving a Marner or one of the other top guys
Jun. 11, 2020 at 4:31 p.m.
Quoting: Loxley_1972
Wow...chill out dude....all he did was move Nylander to left...dropped Hyman to second line...Marner is back with Tavares like he was before and Kapanen is still on 3rd....all that happened is a Mikheyev dropped to 3rd and Barabanov went to first instead of 4th...not have big of a deal....this is probly some combination of what the players will look like next year without moving a Marner or one of the other top guys

I personally don’t see the Leafs making any major moves this off season for many reasons. Flat cap, not blocking their younger defenders out of taking on more minutes by signing or trading for a bigger name defender, giving the team a chance to build off a full season under Keefe, etc...

But don’t get me wrong, I too like to indulge in some fantasy AGM fun as well wink
Jun. 11, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
Quoting: tony135420
I personally don’t see the Leafs making any major moves this off season for many reasons. Flat cap, not blocking their younger defenders out of taking on more minutes by signing or trading for a bigger name defender, giving the team a chance to build off a full season under Keefe, etc...

But don’t get me wrong, I too like to indulge in some fantasy AGM fun as well wink

As do I ...I get it....my point was he seemed so annoyed cause the armchair gm had Barabanov on first line....which is not that big of a deal....and Kerfoot sent out and cheaper C brought in....but basically we probly gonna have the same team....had this season finished normally that might be a different story.....Tavares is great and all but we did not need him....and I think only way we can fix it is by trading Marner as the other 2 are untouchable...I would like to see them use Marner to send to someone like the Islanders for Pullock and Bailey(just to make the cap work, and he did play well with Tavares)...but doubt a trade based on that would ever happen
Jun. 11, 2020 at 7:41 p.m.
As do I ...I get it....my point was he seemed so annoyed cause the armchair gm had Barabanov on first line....which is not that big of a deal....and Kerfoot sent out and cheaper C brought in....but basically we probly gonna have the same team....had this season finished normally that might be a different story.....Tavares is great and all but we did not need him....and I think only way we can fix it is by trading Marner as the other 2 are untouchable...I would like to see them use Marner to send to someone like the Islanders for Pullock and Bailey(just to make the cap work, and he did play well with Tavares)...but doubt a trade based on that would ever happen

I can’t see any scenario where Marner is traded, or any of the other 2 big contracts for that matter. I would be less surprised if Nylander gets traded.
Jun. 11, 2020 at 8:57 p.m.

Like I said earlier... IF soft and making the playoffs is the goal. You'v nailed it.

First round exit.
Jun. 12, 2020 at 12:29 p.m.
Like I said earlier... IF soft and making the playoffs is the goal. You'v nailed it.

First round exit.

So him trading Kerfoot made the team soft? all he did was reduce one guy's cap in order to maintain the guys we have now.....unfortunately because Dubas felt the need to make a big splash and sign Johnny T we are now in cap hell with very little the team can do to make changes
Jun. 12, 2020 at 12:33 p.m.
Quoting: tony135420
I can’t see any scenario where Marner is traded, or any of the other 2 big contracts for that matter. I would be less surprised if Nylander gets traded.

Nylander is now on a good contract...he aint going anywhere....Tavares is the golden boy come home......gave up money apparently to play in Toronto, was given a no movement clause and made captain....and Mathews is a 40 goal scoring centre we drafted that people have clammoured for for years.....so he ain't going anywhere.....Marner is a winger who is over paid by about 1.5 to 2mil...he is the odd man out in my opinion.....he is the guy that should be moved to improve cap space and overall depth of this team....but I agree he nor will any of the other core 4 be trade by this GM.
Jun. 12, 2020 at 12:45 p.m.
So him trading Kerfoot made the team soft? all he did was reduce one guy's cap in order to maintain the guys we have now.....unfortunately because Dubas felt the need to make a big splash and sign Johnny T we are now in cap hell with very little the team can do to make changes

Did I day that? No, I didn't. The team was soft to begin with. I don't see Clifford returning for that dollar value. He will get more than that as a UFA.

Back to my original responses because I get the feeling that you didn't read it.... "Same old, same old". "Score lots of goals and get scored on a lot." "Make the playoffs and fizzle out thereafter."

Nowhere did I say that trading Kerfoot makes the team soft. You've just basically recreated the team that we have now with a different 3C and still no cap space and are expecting a different result.

That is all that I am saying.
Jun. 12, 2020 at 3:59 p.m.
Did I day that? No, I didn't. The team was soft to begin with. I don't see Clifford returning for that dollar value. He will get more than that as a UFA.

Back to my original responses because I get the feeling that you didn't read it.... "Same old, same old". "Score lots of goals and get scored on a lot." "Make the playoffs and fizzle out thereafter."

Nowhere did I say that trading Kerfoot makes the team soft. You've just basically recreated the team that we have now with a different 3C and still no cap space and are expecting a different result.

That is all that I am saying.

I did not re-create it...someone else did basically to get everyone we have this year to be on team next year cause there is no LTIR..you're the one that got all snooty about making playoffs and fizzling in first round.....and then saying he nailed it....all he did was sign players we have now to next year...because there is not much else we can do without major trades.....he had to down grade Kerfoot to sign Clifford.....who for one I dont care if he comes back but probly will....but should not be for more than a million....too much money spent on top to lines means hole fillers on bottom 2 lines cause nobody wants to give up guys like Kapanen and Kerfoot.....so we are left with hole pluggers upfront and shoddy defense filled with 2 rookies an undrafted player and 2 mediocre players along with Muzzin and Rielly this will more than likely be what the team looks like next year
Trevorchef liked this.
Jun. 13, 2020 at 11:28 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT
Like the Dallas trade. More offense for the Stars and the Leafs get an elite defensive centre. I’d probably do it

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll