Domi - Kotkaniemi - Ylonen
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
4th line random

Harris - Romanov
Norlinder - Brook
Mete - Fleury

Primeau
Price

Really depends on when you see this line up. If we loose to Pittsburg in the play in round and we draft at our current position of 8th, there is a chance that Cole Perfetti is in the line up sooner than later. Obviously for your CapFriendly handle you are a Domi fan, fair enough. My question about Domi has always been the same....what is he and where does he fit. He thinks he is a center but with players like Danault, Suzuki, and KK all playing center then Domi needs to play wing for us. If he can prove that he is willing to do that and produce, then I see a roll for him on our team, if not then he probably gets moved. For me I sign him to a 1 year show me deal this coming season and make him play wing. Lets see what he is.

Lets say we are talking the 2022-2023 season three years down the road, lots of things can happen between now and then. But for sake of this post we will keep most of the current guys around. Saying that I don't see all the UFA's coming back in 2021 Most likely lose Tatar.

Domi KK Drouin
Perfetti Suzuki Gallagher
Lehkenon Danault Armia
Poehling Evans Ylonen

Romanov Weber
Norlinder Petry
Mete Juulsen

I realize this leaves out a lot of guys like Fluery, Brook, Harris but these are good problems to have.
Jun. 16, 2020 at 10:47 a.m.
I missed Caufield too... again good problems to have.
Jun. 16, 2020 at 10:53 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: OldmanWebber
I missed Caufield too... again good problems to have.

Honestly I think KK will be our 2C
If we do take Perfetti then I want him on centre.

Domi - Suzuki - Gallagher
KK - Perfetti - Caufield
Drouin - Danault - Ylonen
Poehling - Evans - Armia

Romanov - Weber
Struble - Petry
Norlinder - Juulsen

Primeau
Price

Honestly I think we need to trade Mete.
Jun. 16, 2020 at 11:01 a.m.
Quoting: MaxDomi13
Honestly I think KK will be our 2C
If we do take Perfetti then I want him on centre.

Domi - Suzuki - Gallagher
KK - Perfetti - Caufield
Drouin - Danault - Ylonen
Poehling - Evans - Armia

Romanov - Weber
Struble - Petry
Norlinder - Juulsen

Primeau
Price

Honestly I think we need to trade Mete.

I think you under value KK, IMO he will be the number one center we have longed for, for so long. He doesn't even turn 20 until next month. Either way the future looks good. It is just getting there that takes so long....lol
I'm would have no problem trading Mete, I don't see him being any more than a bottom pairing guy. He lacks the offensive side to be a top 4. Thing is we are only talking three years down the road, guys like Harris, Struble and Norlinder should all spend time in the AHL IMO, one thing having this kind of depth allows us to do is not rush guys in. Let them develop and when they do make the jump they are ready to go.... not learning on the big club.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 8:40 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
I say we should give all the later picks like Harris, Norlinder, and Struble some time to develop and trade at least two because we don't need all of them
Jul. 7, 2020 at 11:32 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: HabsFan9
I say we should give all the later picks like Harris, Norlinder, and Struble some time to develop and trade at least two because we don't need all of them

Definitely, although IMO, Norlinder will be in the NHL sooner than most people think. Struble will probably be 2 more years in university, and then another year or 2 in the AHL before he makes the jump. Harris and Norlinder will both be 21 when they most likely sign with the habs next year. I’d give Norlinder 1 year in the AHL max, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he made his NHL debut in 21-22.
Remus liked this.
Jul. 31, 2020 at 8:16 a.m.
Nick
Quoting: MaxDomi13
Drouin - Suzuki - Caufield
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Ylonen
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
4th line random

Harris - Romanov
Norlinder - Brook
Mete - Fleury

Primeau
Price

IMO
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Domi-Suzuki-Caufield
Poehling-Danault-Ylonen

Romanov-Brook
Nordlinder-Weber
Strubble-Fleury

Price
Primeau

Explanation:

Dru-KK-Gally is well rounded. Drouin seems to play well with KK and Gally from what I saw/remember. Drouin provides some playmaking to compliment Gallagher’s gritty scoring and net front presence. Kotkaniemi provides defense, amazing hockey IQ and extra playmaking and scoring, making his linemates better.

Domi-Zuke-CC is basically another first line. Domi provides some grit and playmaking. Suzuki provides amazing hockey IQ, defense and playmaking, allowing him to set up and improve his linemates. Cole Caufield adds some pure goal scoring to the line (tbf he isn’t bad at defense and playmaking either, I would say that he was great at backchecking and passing in the NCAA this year actually, so there shouldn’t be an issue with the coaches).

Poehling-Danault-Ylonen is a scary third line. Don’t know that much about Ylonen tbh, but I know he’s good offensively and he’s very fast. Poehling and Danault add defense to that line. Danault can probably shutdown anybody tbh. This line could be lethal is used right.

Romanov and Brook seem to be a good match imo. Brook looks like a PP quarterback, while Romanov looks like a speedy responsible 2-way defenseman.

Nordlinder seems to be a speedy PP quarterback, which would fit nicely with Weber, complimenting his style of play well.

Struggle and Fleury would be a physical, defensive third pairing that can play well with their sheltered minutes.

As the years go own, Primeau could slowly take more and more time from Price, eventually splitting games with him and taking the starter job when a price gets old.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll